Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,230 members, 7,811,640 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

Makarfi Reveals The Actual Reason Why Jonathan Lost 2015 Presidential Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Makarfi Reveals The Actual Reason Why Jonathan Lost 2015 Presidential Election (1869 Views)

The 2015 Presidential Election Result Breakdown By States: Another Look / Looking At Sokoto, Jigawa, Zamfara And Kano 2015 Presidential Results / Why Jonathan Is Responsible For Dividing Nigeria Not Buhari - Keyamo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Makarfi Reveals The Actual Reason Why Jonathan Lost 2015 Presidential Election by sweetsandy4luv(f): 10:46pm On Oct 18, 2017
The chairman of PDP national caretaker committee, Senator Ahmed Makarfi has revealed why former President Goodluck Jonathan lost 2015 election
Source>>>https://www.newsflashngr.com/finally-makarfi-reveals-actual-reason-jonathan-lost-2015-presidential-election-must-read/
He said PDP was unable to counter APC’s propaganda before the election – Makarfi admitted that the party made a great mistake by not communicating well with people

The chairman of PDP national caretaker committee, Senator Ahmed Makarfi has revealed why former President Goodluck Jonathan and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) lost the presidential election in 2015.

Channels reports that Makarfi stated what led to his party’s defeat while explaining what the PDP is doing to reclaim power from the All Progressives Congress (APC). “There was a lot of propaganda against the PDP and we were not effective enough in countering that propaganda.

“Also, we made mistakes, we were not communicating very well with the citizens; language was not one that could have been effective at that material time”, he said when he appeared on Channels Television’s Sunday politics.

Senator Makarfi said the PDP ought to have chosen its presidential candidate from the north, noting that the people of the region were displeased that they did not get the ticket.

He added that in spite of that, “the language that was used in campaigning and talking from that time going forward was not one that could have made tempers to go down.” The PDP caretaker committee chairman also accused the then opposition party of coming up with negative reports against his party.This, according to him, led to the PDP’s defeat during the elections as the majority of the electorates in the North lost trust in the party and refused to vote for its candidate. He said: “The major reason was the feeling and again, a lot of propaganda built into it and that insecurity was so much, especially related to Boko Haram.

“And a lot of negative complaints were made against the PDP and that resonated with a large part of voters in the North and we paid the price of losing that election.” Makarfi, however, said Nigerians now know better that elections would not have taken place in the region, specifically in the northeast if the PDP had not done reasonably well in tackling the Boko Haram insurgency.

He said his party has worked on its mistakes and was also working on reconciling aggrieved party members after the leadership tussle in the party which lasted for more than one year. The PDP chieftain, who highlighted what he described as mistakes of the APC, said,

”We are more than ready and if we are to go to polls today, we are confident that PDP will return elected.” “We acknowledge our shortcomings but we can see from the performance of the APC – look at the level of appreciation of the naira, look at unemployment, look at all sort crime.

“Under PDP, you couldn’t have that because we are a national party and a party that believes in fairness, justice and equity, and a party that gives equal opportunity to Nigerians no matter where you come from,” he added.
Source>>>https://www.newsflashngr.com/finally-makarfi-reveals-actual-reason-jonathan-lost-2015-presidential-election-must-read/

Re: Makarfi Reveals The Actual Reason Why Jonathan Lost 2015 Presidential Election by HungerBAD: 10:49pm On Oct 18, 2017
Ok
Re: Makarfi Reveals The Actual Reason Why Jonathan Lost 2015 Presidential Election by AHCB: 11:01pm On Oct 18, 2017
Jonathan lost because he wasn't a good leader/president. It takes more than swinging propaganda for one to win an election in Nigeria because, propaganda or not, APC is losing the 2019 presidential election.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makarfi Reveals The Actual Reason Why Jonathan Lost 2015 Presidential Election by zurielsam(m): 11:24pm On Oct 18, 2017
in terms of propaganda i give it to APC and th Propagandist in Chief Lie Mohammed. Check my signature and thank me later

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makarfi Reveals The Actual Reason Why Jonathan Lost 2015 Presidential Election by istandfortruth: 12:09am On Oct 19, 2017
Ethnicity and religion ruled the last elections and the forth coming election doesn't look any different

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Makarfi Reveals The Actual Reason Why Jonathan Lost 2015 Presidential Election by SalamRushdie: 12:13am On Oct 19, 2017
Jonathan lost because we all thought we would be better off without him but we were dead wrong ..I must admit Jonathan govt has been my most prosperous period this far but then I thought if Jonathan left I would even be more prosperous but I was dead wrong ..

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Makarfi Reveals The Actual Reason Why Jonathan Lost 2015 Presidential Election by gebest: 12:27am On Oct 19, 2017
forget about this cock and bull story, we all wanted CHANGE including u, but we never knew its going to be a negative change.

3 Likes

Re: Makarfi Reveals The Actual Reason Why Jonathan Lost 2015 Presidential Election by aolawale025: 12:29am On Oct 19, 2017
If GEJ really wanted to win. He would have won and damn the consequences. Looking back now Nigerians chose wrongly in 2015. Some have learnt their lesson.

3 Likes

Re: Makarfi Reveals The Actual Reason Why Jonathan Lost 2015 Presidential Election by Throwback: 1:32am On Oct 19, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Jonathan lost because we all thought we would be better off without him but we were dead wrong ..I must admit Jonathan govt has been my most prosperous period this far but then I thought if Jonathan left I would even be more prosperous but I was dead wrong ..

It was prosperous for you and Dasuki and AVM Amosu and Gen Badeh, and Kola Aluko, and Jide Omokore and Tompolo.

Was it prosperous for Nigeria despite the fact that crude oil sold at an average of $100pb for the first 4years of Jonathan's 5years tenure?

Was it prosperous that he inherited a foreign reserve balance of $47b but he squandered it down to $30b in a time of prosperity?

Jonathan lost because he was the embodiment of acute/extreme/immense/intense corruption without apology. He was also extremely useless in applying his presidential powers for fighting any just cause, hence the well deserved sobriquet as the world's most infamous "Ineffectual Buffoon".

Even on the re-election campaign trail and already suffering a corruption aura, he shamelessly painted himself as the candidate who will never fight corruption because there will be no Nigerian left to rule over. He trivialised the conviction and imprisonment of Jim Nwobodo over a $5.1b corruption charge while he was state governor from 1979 to 1983, as a mere theft of money not enough to buy a Peugeot car.

What manner of thinking human and president would be so openly irresponsible?

So irresponsible that he pardoned his former convicted boss who was still a fugitive who broke his bail in the civilised UK before his eventual conviction in Nigeria for corruption, and handed him a Senatorial ticket of the shameless party that headed the federal government that prosecuted him.

Which world power will consider such a president elevating a UK fugitive, as a responsible leader of his country?

So Irresponsible, we have now learnt that all those (Metuh, Anenih) who carried out special political assignments for him, and personally supplied the president with their bank account details, got credited by the ONSA with funds meant to fight the boko haram terror.

His mental handicap remains an ignoble stain on those who aspire to a higher education, talkless of a PhD. Yet with all he did and said, he still wonders till today why the civilised world regarded him and his government as corrupt? The doofus beggars belief.

Till the end of time, it will never be well with those who hoped to continue raping the country with a mor.on as president. A president who rather than investigate dollars that should have accrued, passed on the responsibility to the USA, saying it is their currency so they would know if billions of it is missing in Nigeria.

Indeed! Some mothers do have 'em.

3 Likes

Re: Makarfi Reveals The Actual Reason Why Jonathan Lost 2015 Presidential Election by proudlyYoruba(m): 1:38am On Oct 19, 2017
Sir the man is corrupt, Buhari sha Ọlọ́run a gbà wá a ti wọ eléyìí náà. I hope we don't make the mistake again

1 Like

Re: Makarfi Reveals The Actual Reason Why Jonathan Lost 2015 Presidential Election by Lagbaja01(m): 3:57am On Oct 19, 2017
APC/PDP: party names with same corrupt politicians
Re: Makarfi Reveals The Actual Reason Why Jonathan Lost 2015 Presidential Election by ZKOSOSO(m): 5:09am On Oct 19, 2017
GEJ didn't loose the Election. He merely averted bloodletting plot of APC-ZOMBIES.

JEGA and IG of police helped APC rigged their way to Aso Villa. GEJ was a thorough Democrat who wanted to remain a gentleman but am sure he's learnt his lessons now.

Fulanis are wild beast whose thirst for power is Legendary through out history but GEJ didn't know this fact. He thought Buhari is human but alas he is the Chief Beast.

1 Like

Re: Makarfi Reveals The Actual Reason Why Jonathan Lost 2015 Presidential Election by Wantedmiller: 6:25am On Oct 19, 2017
Mugu makarfi will team up with APC by 2019 to tell us why they all lost.......... watch out
Re: Makarfi Reveals The Actual Reason Why Jonathan Lost 2015 Presidential Election by surgical: 6:32am On Oct 19, 2017
SalamRushdie:
The truth many people know but will never admit.

1 Like

Re: Makarfi Reveals The Actual Reason Why Jonathan Lost 2015 Presidential Election by juman(m): 8:21am On Oct 19, 2017
Lagbaja01:
APC/PDP: party names with same corrupt politicians
Re: Makarfi Reveals The Actual Reason Why Jonathan Lost 2015 Presidential Election by Randy100: 9:00am On Oct 19, 2017
Jonathan lost because he is not from the North.

1 Like

Re: Makarfi Reveals The Actual Reason Why Jonathan Lost 2015 Presidential Election by melejo(m): 9:10am On Oct 19, 2017
Lol, let's move on jare
Re: Makarfi Reveals The Actual Reason Why Jonathan Lost 2015 Presidential Election by kennychillz: 9:16am On Oct 19, 2017

1 Like

Re: Makarfi Reveals The Actual Reason Why Jonathan Lost 2015 Presidential Election by Basic123: 10:26am On Oct 19, 2017
istandfortruth:
Ethnicity and religion ruled the last elections and the forth coming election doesn't look different
GEJ performance was poor just like buhari present performance.simple!

what ruled 2011 election?....All I saw also was that the whole south and north central ganged up against the core north which are NE ad NW.Or Christian dominated states ganged up muslims dominated states in the north!....Igbos are just poor loosers,hence,post 2015 elections wailing of IGBOs!..@Its high time igbo understood that politics absolutely is a game of ganging up and number through people votes!.What happened in 1979?,was it not that the the whole east and north ganged up against awolowo in th west?,or in igbo people's terminology and mentality,was it not that the whole igbo race including the gra gra man ojukwu became slaves to the hausa fulanis to produce shagari and ekwueme as the president and VP?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Makarfi Reveals The Actual Reason Why Jonathan Lost 2015 Presidential Election by dionma: 11:45am On Oct 19, 2017
APC used propaganda and negative news against you. Were u expecting your opponent to express positive news about you. Get ready because more propaganda will be unleashed in 2019. Better get ready for it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Declares Intention To Run For President In 2019 / Photo: Sen. Bukola Saraki Leads Other Muslims During Asri Prayers Today / Photos: Sen Kwankwaso Visits Former President Obasanjo In Ogun State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.