Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,008 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:40 PM

Our Lives Under Threat, Ibadan Family Heads Cry Out To Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Lives Under Threat, Ibadan Family Heads Cry Out To Buhari (13411 Views)

Our Lives Under Lockdown By Abuja, Lagos And Kaduna Residents / "Cows And Dogs More Valuable Than Human Lives Under APC" - Senator Ohuabunwa / Our Lives Under Python Dance Ii – South-east Residents Speak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Lives Under Threat, Ibadan Family Heads Cry Out To Buhari by marryjesus: 5:48am On Oct 19, 2017
The Council of Ibadan Authentic Mogajis otherwise known as Family Heads yesterday raised the alarm that unknown persons were threatening them to desist forthwith from going to the Palace of Olubadan of Ibadan land at Popoyemoja or risk being killed.

Addressing journalists at a hideout in Ibadan, the spokesman of the group, Chief Wale Oladoja, flanked by other executives of the forum, said: “Our lives are no longer safe here. And we begin to wonder what is our offence? For standing by the Olubadan to preserve our culture, traditional norm and values?

“Frequent anonymous calls from the people we suspect to be agents of deaths are threatening all of us including the Chairman seated here, Mogaji Moshood Akere, the Vice Chairman, Mogaji Abass Oloko, the Coordinator, Mogaji Jelili Adanla, the Financial Secretary, Mogaji Ademola Olasomi and my humble self, to desist forthwith from going to Olubadan’s palace.

“You recall that about a month ago, some yet to be identified gunmen stormed the Popoyemoja palace and shot sporadically to disrupt the peace there. Three of you journalists also escaped death by mere whiskers. What is befalling our land, what has come over us in this great city, why are people showing impunity and lawlessness because they wield powers today, forgetting that tomorrow is greater than today?

“And unfortunately too, other supporters of Kabiyesi are equally not left out in their threat. These people include our revered Osi Olubadan, High Chief Rashidi Ladoja, palace spokesman, Adeola Oloko, Tairu Akande, Prince Asawale Asanike including three other Mogajis; Badmus Adewale, Fatai Olanrewaju and Kosoko,” Oladoja stressed as others in attendance also affirmed the call threats in unison.

Asked if the group had reported to the police for proper investigation, Oladoja said they are reaching out to them first through the public as represented by the media, adding that the group was disturbed that the fleeing gunmen were yet to be brought to justice, few weeks after the dastard act.
Oladoja therefore called on President Muhammadu Buhari and the Inspector General of Police to wade in and caution whoever was behind the threat and recent attack to desist forthwith because “God forbids, if anything happens to any of us, we won’t take it with levity as we shall go all out to avenge any uprising because nobody can intimidate or cow us for being customs’ fighter and standing by the Kabiyesi.

The group also called on the state Governor, Abiola Ajimobi, to call the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the state to order for their uncomplimentary remarks on the ongoing crisis between the government and the Olubadan.

http://www.akelicious.com/2017/10/our-lives-under-threat-ibadan-family.html?m=1

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Lives Under Threat, Ibadan Family Heads Cry Out To Buhari by biacan(f): 5:53am On Oct 19, 2017
Ibadan again don't you guys No that we have important things doing than listening of cries from empty threats

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Lives Under Threat, Ibadan Family Heads Cry Out To Buhari by MasterKim: 6:05am On Oct 19, 2017
biacan:
Ibadan again don't you guys No that we have important things doing than listening of cries from empty threats
Who re dey threatening?

sloppy head oshi

8 Likes

Re: Our Lives Under Threat, Ibadan Family Heads Cry Out To Buhari by LUGBE: 6:06am On Oct 19, 2017
The governor has caused and he is still causing problems in the authentic palace.

He should let olu Ibadan be

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Lives Under Threat, Ibadan Family Heads Cry Out To Buhari by raker300: 7:01am On Oct 19, 2017
This is where my Afonja brother should be gathering..

Someone is threatening their patriarchs..

Yet they disappear and reappear at the mention of Biafra

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Our Lives Under Threat, Ibadan Family Heads Cry Out To Buhari by aolawale025: 7:10am On Oct 19, 2017
If the ibadan people were okay with their tradition. Why change it and cause chaos

6 Likes

Re: Our Lives Under Threat, Ibadan Family Heads Cry Out To Buhari by UnclePati: 7:11am On Oct 19, 2017
Cry cry babies everywhere

4 Likes

Re: Our Lives Under Threat, Ibadan Family Heads Cry Out To Buhari by clevvermind(m): 7:25am On Oct 19, 2017
aolawale025:
If the ibadan people were okay with their tradition. Why change it and cause chaos
Re: Our Lives Under Threat, Ibadan Family Heads Cry Out To Buhari by DrGoodman: 7:27am On Oct 19, 2017
For their hideout grin

Falls from a mango tree grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Our Lives Under Threat, Ibadan Family Heads Cry Out To Buhari by DrGoodman: 7:33am On Oct 19, 2017
First I suggest that the mogajis should come out from hiding and do the proper thing which is to report the incident to the police, then push for justice. Their children who should be tackling the state government are more interested in fighting IPOB than returning their fathers from the dungeon they are hiding out grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our Lives Under Threat, Ibadan Family Heads Cry Out To Buhari by Ikwokrikwo: 8:02am On Oct 19, 2017
Sophisticated people indeed.

6 Likes

Re: Our Lives Under Threat, Ibadan Family Heads Cry Out To Buhari by looseweight: 9:14am On Oct 19, 2017
Na their state gov dey cause them yawah...

IAMLOOSEWEIGHT

1 Like

Re: Our Lives Under Threat, Ibadan Family Heads Cry Out To Buhari by BrutalJab: 9:15am On Oct 19, 2017
Lol... Later they will say a particular part of the country lack unity.

Lemme calm down and see who they will blame now.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our Lives Under Threat, Ibadan Family Heads Cry Out To Buhari by ElPadrino33: 9:15am On Oct 19, 2017
They should use their jazz to save themselves

2 Likes

Re: Our Lives Under Threat, Ibadan Family Heads Cry Out To Buhari by hotornot(m): 9:16am On Oct 19, 2017
Supercharge ur Business With The Power of Internet!!!
Get The Ultimate E-commerce Website Experience!
for N69,999 (Guaranteed that You Cant Get This Value Anywhere ELSE!)

Come with INCREDIBLE full features

Your E-commerce Website development can’t afford to be handled by 'Web-Quacks’
Re: Our Lives Under Threat, Ibadan Family Heads Cry Out To Buhari by kay29000(m): 9:16am On Oct 19, 2017
Hmm! Controversy of the Obas.

1 Like

Re: Our Lives Under Threat, Ibadan Family Heads Cry Out To Buhari by Bullhari007(m): 9:16am On Oct 19, 2017
seems like Ibadan will be their newest caliphate grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Our Lives Under Threat, Ibadan Family Heads Cry Out To Buhari by tstx(m): 9:17am On Oct 19, 2017
Nigeria
Re: Our Lives Under Threat, Ibadan Family Heads Cry Out To Buhari by Sirpaul(m): 9:18am On Oct 19, 2017
Hello

1 Like

Re: Our Lives Under Threat, Ibadan Family Heads Cry Out To Buhari by tstx(m): 9:19am On Oct 19, 2017
UnclePati:
Cry cry babies everywhere
i'd love to see their mummies

1 Like

Re: Our Lives Under Threat, Ibadan Family Heads Cry Out To Buhari by tstx(m): 9:19am On Oct 19, 2017
ElPadrino33:
They should use their jazz to save themselves
Jazz pass jazz.. could be their own no reach

4 Likes

Re: Our Lives Under Threat, Ibadan Family Heads Cry Out To Buhari by Histrings08(m): 9:20am On Oct 19, 2017
What does that have to do with buhair?
Re: Our Lives Under Threat, Ibadan Family Heads Cry Out To Buhari by nnokwa042(m): 9:20am On Oct 19, 2017
I thought mogaji and seriki is Hausa's word how come afonjas re using it

10 Likes

Re: Our Lives Under Threat, Ibadan Family Heads Cry Out To Buhari by Zenithpeak(m): 9:21am On Oct 19, 2017
aolawale025:

I wonder ooooo.......!
Re: Our Lives Under Threat, Ibadan Family Heads Cry Out To Buhari by soberdrunk(m): 9:21am On Oct 19, 2017
How can "Mogajis" be showing such high level of cowardice, what happened to the good old days of "Omo Oluyole a gbo sa sa Ma sa, agbo ya ya mo ya" when did our traditional powers become this weak? angry

2 Likes

Re: Our Lives Under Threat, Ibadan Family Heads Cry Out To Buhari by bayocanny: 9:21am On Oct 19, 2017
LUGBE:
The governor has caused and he is still causing problems in the authentic palace.

He should let olu Ibadan be
I dey tell u, that guy(ajimobi) is a crook
Re: Our Lives Under Threat, Ibadan Family Heads Cry Out To Buhari by SNIPER123: 9:22am On Oct 19, 2017
embarassed
Both parties know what they are doing... Hypocrites lipsrsealed
Re: Our Lives Under Threat, Ibadan Family Heads Cry Out To Buhari by ableguy(m): 9:22am On Oct 19, 2017
Such a pity

I Jst Bought A Gucci Soap For 260k, Sponge
For 100kNd I haVe Been Looking For Where To
Stay & Take My Bath For People To See Me!!
Re: Our Lives Under Threat, Ibadan Family Heads Cry Out To Buhari by netflicks(m): 9:23am On Oct 19, 2017
My dear family heads or what your name is please stop wasting your time crying out to Buhari. He can never hear your cry, so many Nigerians have been crying before you, Some have already given up committing suicide yet the Buhari you are crying aloud to turns his back looting the country on pretence of fighting corruption....

my dear heads find a solution to your problem...infact my advice is go and buy a short gun to protect yourself and leave Buhari alone.. ..

3 Likes

Re: Our Lives Under Threat, Ibadan Family Heads Cry Out To Buhari by quiverfull(m): 9:23am On Oct 19, 2017
Governor Ajimobi has made a huge mistake he will live to regret. He has allowed his disagreement with the Olubadan to get personal.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I’m With Atiku – APC Chieftain, Kwande / Governor Obaseki Tests Negative To Coronavirus, Remains In Self-Isolation / Supreme Court: Suspense As APC Leaders Wait On Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.