Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,398 members, 7,846,673 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Many People Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Won’t Do So Again In 2019– Makarfi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Many People Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Won’t Do So Again In 2019– Makarfi (907 Views)

Those Who Voted Buhari Again Are Common Nigerians – Balarabe / Oshiomhole: How 'APC Guys' Collected Atiku’s Dollars But Voted Buhari / Nigerians Will See The Level Of Corruption In APC Government After 2019- Makarfi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Many People Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Won’t Do So Again In 2019– Makarfi by nairavsdollars(f): 12:52pm On Oct 19, 2017
enator Ahmed Makarfi, Chairman, National Caretaker Committee of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) was a guest on Channels Television where he spoke on the party’s preparations for its forthcoming national convention in December and other issues. TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI who monitored the session brings the excerpts:

If you look at what was said at the non-elective convention of your party in August, you particularly did say ‘we want President Muhammadu Buhari to be back alive. We want him on the seat. It is him that we want to defeat. Now that he is back, is your party ready from your own standpoint?

We wanted him to return home alive; not just alive but well and fit. Of course, we are ready. I just finished listening to what an APC chieftain has said about internal wranglings within the APC itself. We have said before and we stand by what we have said that APC is an alliance of strange bedfellows. We don’t see it last as a political party. We have come out of the legal issues that took a lot of our time and resources. Right now, we are rebuilding and we are bringing harmony, reconciliation and unity across the country. We are more than ready, if we are go to polls today, we are confident that PDP will return elected.

What was the major problem that your party faced that led to its defeat in 2015 and how did you fix that?

The major problems were three. One, there was a lot of propaganda against the PDP and we were not effective enough in countering that propaganda. Two, we also made mistakes. We were not communicating very well with the citizens. The language was not something that could have been effective at that material time. Another reason was the feeling especially from the northern part of the country that the candidate should have come from the north. Okay, it didn’t come from the North but the language that was used in campaigning from that time and going forward was not one that could have made tempers to go down with the fact that the north did not get the ticket.

The major reason was the feeling and of course, a lot of propaganda brought into it that insecurity was so much especially in relation to Boko Haram. A lot of negative complaints were made against the PDP and that resonated with a large part of voters in the north and we paid the price of losing that election. Of course, Nigerians now know better. If we had not done reasonably well in dealing with the issue of Boko Haram, election could not have taken place in the north eastern part of the country.

Again, the propaganda by APC that we were an ineffective government also contributed. Of course, we acknowledge our shortcomings but we can see from the performance of APC. Look at the level of the position of the naira, look at unemployment, look at crime and kidnapping is almost all over the country. In most local governments and villages, you are not safe to drive, even inside Abuja, which is the federal capital, easily one can get kidnapped and of course, all kinds of agitations from right and centre. Under PDP, we didn’t have that because we are a national party that believes in fairness, justice and equity. A party that gives equal opportunities to Nigerians no matter where they come from.

Would you say your party has the kind of substance or the kind of character that can stand face-to-face with the incumbent party , should for example if the incumbent president, Muhammadu Buhari runs in 2019 especially when considering the number of followership he has in the northern part of the country?

What is left for our party is to make sure that we bring out a credible and competent candidate that can give the APC candidate, whether it is the current president or any other candidate a run for their money. Of course, he has followership but followership must live and live well. With what they have been going through in the last two and half years, a substantial number of them must have changed their views and positions in voting APC again into power in the centre and in the states. So, it is really up to us in PDP to bring out a credible candidate. And I assure Nigerians that the presidency having gone to the North, and it is open to the North- East, North-West and North- Central, credible candidates will come up and at the end of the day, the party will make a good choice and we are not afraid of who the candidate of APC will be.
http://independent.ng/many-people-voted-buhari-2015-wont-makarfi/

Re: Many People Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Won’t Do So Again In 2019– Makarfi by Kyase(m): 12:56pm On Oct 19, 2017
hmm.
And many that did not in 2015 will do in 2019. I know 3 of such in real life.

1 Like

Re: Many People Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Won’t Do So Again In 2019– Makarfi by biacan(f): 12:57pm On Oct 19, 2017
Every one knows that

5 Likes

Re: Many People Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Won’t Do So Again In 2019– Makarfi by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 19, 2017
We Understand. It Was A Mistake And It Will Never Repeat Itself Again

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Many People Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Won’t Do So Again In 2019– Makarfi by sarrki(m): 1:01pm On Oct 19, 2017
Let's assume its true

PDP will never be our option

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many People Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Won’t Do So Again In 2019– Makarfi by sarrki(m): 1:02pm On Oct 19, 2017
biacan:
Every one knows that

Especially enemies of our dear country

1 Like

Re: Many People Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Won’t Do So Again In 2019– Makarfi by DozieInc(m): 1:11pm On Oct 19, 2017
The ones that voted for Baba would rather vote a stone this time around, except for Sarrki and co.

1 Like

Re: Many People Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Won’t Do So Again In 2019– Makarfi by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 19, 2017
sarrki:
Let's assume its true

Sometimes When You Talk Or Express Yourself, I Wonder If You Have God Given Sense 'Common Sense'.

Your Type Is The Major Problem We Are Having In This Country.

1 Like

Re: Many People Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Won’t Do So Again In 2019– Makarfi by Bayajidda1: 1:12pm On Oct 19, 2017
Re: Many People Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Won’t Do So Again In 2019– Makarfi by Bayajidda1: 1:12pm On Oct 19, 2017
Fct
Re: Many People Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Won’t Do So Again In 2019– Makarfi by Bayajidda1: 1:14pm On Oct 19, 2017
BUHARI
Re: Many People Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Won’t Do So Again In 2019– Makarfi by SalamRushdie: 1:15pm On Oct 19, 2017
Kyase:
hmm.

They need to have an MRI ASAP
Re: Many People Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Won’t Do So Again In 2019– Makarfi by SalamRushdie: 1:16pm On Oct 19, 2017
I am one of those who voted Buhari in 2015 but in 2019 my vote and those of all my family and friends will go to anyone else but Buhari

3 Likes

Re: Many People Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Won’t Do So Again In 2019– Makarfi by teadrake(m): 1:17pm On Oct 19, 2017
PDP should be more concerned about the role of opposition and how to get back much better rather than speculating.
What credible candidate are they planning on Fielding come 2019??
Re: Many People Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Won’t Do So Again In 2019– Makarfi by Kyase(m): 1:18pm On Oct 19, 2017
SalamRushdie:

They need to have an MRI ASAP
says who?
Re: Many People Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Won’t Do So Again In 2019– Makarfi by SalamRushdie: 1:18pm On Oct 19, 2017
sarrki:
Let's assume its true

Bro this has gone beyond PDP or APC , me will vote anybody except for Buhari, PAC has not wronged Nigerians but Buhari has

1 Like

Re: Many People Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Won’t Do So Again In 2019– Makarfi by SalamRushdie: 1:20pm On Oct 19, 2017
Kyase:
says who?

I hope your being paid for this if not you sef need that MRI
Re: Many People Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Won’t Do So Again In 2019– Makarfi by sarrki(m): 1:21pm On Oct 19, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Bro this has gone beyond PDP or APC , me will vote anybody except for Buhari, PAC has not wronged Nigerians but Buhari has

I mean PDP will never be an option

I stand to be corrected with the emboldened

In the SW today, Bode George leads the PDP in Lagos, Gbenga Daniel leads PDP in Ogun, Ladoja leads PDP in Oyo, Omisore PDP leads in Osun, Mimiko leads in PDP Ondo, Fayose leads PDP in Ekiti.....

These are the alternatives!!!!!

It will not be so pathetic for a Father on earth to be praying to his dead son for assistance!!!
Re: Many People Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Won’t Do So Again In 2019– Makarfi by SalamRushdie: 1:24pm On Oct 19, 2017
sarrki:

I mean PDP will never be an option

I stand to be corrected with the emboldened

In the SW today, Bode George leads the PDP in Lagos, Gbenga Daniel leads PDP in Ogun, Ladoja leads PDP in Oyo, Omisore PDP leads in Osun, Mimiko leads in PDP Ondo, Fayose leads PDP in Ekiti.....

These are the alternatives!!!!!

It will not be so pathetic for a Father on earth to be praying to his dead son for assistance!!!

I know even the PDP knows that they won't do much in the next election but I am certain we need a change at the top to give hardworking Nigerians a chance . I AM ready to accept a Muslim Muslim ticket if that will remove Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Many People Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Won’t Do So Again In 2019– Makarfi by Kyase(m): 1:25pm On Oct 19, 2017
SalamRushdie:

I hope your being paid for this if not you sef need that MRI
you need help bro
Re: Many People Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Won’t Do So Again In 2019– Makarfi by sarrki(m): 1:27pm On Oct 19, 2017
SalamRushdie:

I know even the PDP knows that they won't do much in the next election but I am certain we need a change at the top to give hardworking Nigerians a chance . I AM ready to accept a Muslim Muslim ticket if that will remove Buhari

Bros I told you

You also know my stand

I am going to judge him by May 2018

1 Like

Re: Many People Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Won’t Do So Again In 2019– Makarfi by Nbote(m): 1:36pm On Oct 19, 2017
D ones who did back den are now so afraid of any voting at all to avoid d mistake of voting APC again
Re: Many People Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Won’t Do So Again In 2019– Makarfi by biacan(f): 1:56pm On Oct 19, 2017
sarrki:

Especially enemies of our dear country
Saraki never you in your life quote me again
Re: Many People Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Won’t Do So Again In 2019– Makarfi by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 19, 2017
Kyase:
hmm.

Liar liar.
Re: Many People Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Won’t Do So Again In 2019– Makarfi by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 19, 2017
SalamRushdie:
I am one of those who voted Buhari in 2015 but in 2019 my vote and those of all my family and friends will go to anyone else but Buhari

As long as ur BMCz salary keeps coming monthly u will vote for bubu in 2019
Re: Many People Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Won’t Do So Again In 2019– Makarfi by SalamRushdie: 2:09pm On Oct 19, 2017
PrecisionFx:

As long as ur BMCz salary keeps coming monthly u will vote for bubu in 2019

I am not BMCoo
Re: Many People Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Won’t Do So Again In 2019– Makarfi by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 19, 2017
SalamRushdie:

I am not BMCoo
That's the only reason why u are fiercely supporting buhari.
Re: Many People Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Won’t Do So Again In 2019– Makarfi by sarrki(m): 2:26pm On Oct 19, 2017
biacan:

Saraki never you in your life quote me again

On a forum ?

You must be a joker
Re: Many People Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Won’t Do So Again In 2019– Makarfi by biacan(f): 2:31pm On Oct 19, 2017
sarrki:

On a forum ?
You must be a joker
Am not the cause of your unpaid salaries
Re: Many People Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Won’t Do So Again In 2019– Makarfi by nairavsdollars(f): 2:37pm On Oct 19, 2017
If PDP can get their acts right, their return is inevitable
Re: Many People Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Won’t Do So Again In 2019– Makarfi by madridguy(m): 3:06pm On Oct 19, 2017
Sai Baba till 2023

1 Like

Re: Many People Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Won’t Do So Again In 2019– Makarfi by moderatedguy: 4:18pm On Oct 19, 2017
teadrake:
PDP should be more concerned about the role of opposition and how to get back much better rather than speculating.
What credible candidate are they planning on Fielding come 2019??
Any candidate they field would be better than THE VEGETABLE

(1) (Reply)

Now That Saudi Arabia Has Declared War On Lebanon Will Buhari Deport Lebanese? / Dr Ifeanyi Uba Cast His Vote In Otolo Nnewi As Massive Voters Turnout Recorded / $1bn Insurgency Fund: 16 Ekiti LG Chairmen Drag FG, 36 Govs To Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.