Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Jumia To Boost Ecommerce In Nigeria, Plans A Month ‘black Friday’ Promotion - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Jumia To Boost Ecommerce In Nigeria, Plans A Month ‘black Friday’ Promotion (13058 Views)

I Want To Order From Jumia To Benue State Will I Get My Items? / Dangote Partners With Jumia To Sell Cement Online / Contribute To The Growth Of Ecommerce In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jumia To Boost Ecommerce In Nigeria, Plans A Month ‘black Friday’ Promotion by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 19, 2017
Electronic commerce (eCommerce) platform, Jumia will be giving loans of various sizes to about 60 of its vendors, as part of process targeted at lifting the sub-sector in Nigeria.

Jumia Global Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Jeremy Hodara, who disclosed this, informed that the online shopping platform has 15, 000 vendors in the country.

Against the usual two weeks of Black Friday sales, Hodara informed that Jumia will be dedicating a month for this year’s promo sales, which start soonest.

The Global CEO, who informed that Nigeria remains the largest market among the 20 countries Jumia currently has its footprints across Africa, said from last year’s Black Friday, the firm had over eight million customers, who patronized the platform during the promo, “but this year, we are targeting doubling that figure. We started preparation for this year’s own since January and we are sure that we have the capacity to do this year’s promo for a month.”

According to him, the demand is still in Nigeria despite the various economic challenges. He stressed that the Nigerian economy has indeed been very tough in the last 18 months, which had thrown up lots of unpredictable behaviour from the consumers.

Hodara, who disclosed that despite Jumia celebrating five years in Nigeria, “we have not been profitable. Despite that, we are still investing in the business in various forms. Jumia is a Nigerian company that will be here for another 100 years. We are on the long term. Nigeria is our biggest market. We are not in a hurry to make profit.

It took Amazon about 25 years before they could become profitable. But we shall remain consistent, serving the Nigerian economy thoroughly.”

He listed professionalism; needs and impact; trustworthiness as some of the criteria that Jumia will be employing to disburse loans to selected vendors.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/jumia-unveils-loans-for-vendors-to-boost-ecommerce-in-nigeria-plans-a-month-black-friday-promotion/

1 Like

Re: Jumia To Boost Ecommerce In Nigeria, Plans A Month ‘black Friday’ Promotion by koolswagking(m): 5:00pm On Oct 19, 2017
Na so dem dey talk

7 Likes

Re: Jumia To Boost Ecommerce In Nigeria, Plans A Month ‘black Friday’ Promotion by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 20, 2017
If True, I cant wait..
Re: Jumia To Boost Ecommerce In Nigeria, Plans A Month ‘black Friday’ Promotion by maxiuc(m): 7:45am On Oct 20, 2017
cry
Please I don't know how to purchase things online

Please can someone give me some tips
Re: Jumia To Boost Ecommerce In Nigeria, Plans A Month ‘black Friday’ Promotion by Nobody: 7:46am On Oct 20, 2017
when i pray for someone shortcomings now undecided undecided

i will leave my place when they sell phones to now order for one useless phone from long distance even at the same price, ur time is up jumia, and please stop all the yeye ad i dey see every site up n dan lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Jumia To Boost Ecommerce In Nigeria, Plans A Month ‘black Friday’ Promotion by adeniyi3971(m): 7:46am On Oct 20, 2017
Yeye black Friday. Enough of the lies Jumia, it won't take you guys anywhere. I'm not moved the wind of change that has blown over satellite TV will hit you guys soon..

Happy birthday to me

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jumia To Boost Ecommerce In Nigeria, Plans A Month ‘black Friday’ Promotion by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 20, 2017
Good one, that's if it's true...
Re: Jumia To Boost Ecommerce In Nigeria, Plans A Month ‘black Friday’ Promotion by eedriyz(m): 7:47am On Oct 20, 2017
Rubbish black Friday where things are more expensive

1 Like

Re: Jumia To Boost Ecommerce In Nigeria, Plans A Month ‘black Friday’ Promotion by LifeofAirforce(m): 7:48am On Oct 20, 2017
Stressful Friday

Slight changes in price
Re: Jumia To Boost Ecommerce In Nigeria, Plans A Month ‘black Friday’ Promotion by asawanathegreat(m): 7:48am On Oct 20, 2017
Thank u for banking with us.

1 Like

Re: Jumia To Boost Ecommerce In Nigeria, Plans A Month ‘black Friday’ Promotion by helpyom(f): 7:48am On Oct 20, 2017
Re: Jumia To Boost Ecommerce In Nigeria, Plans A Month ‘black Friday’ Promotion by nony43(m): 7:49am On Oct 20, 2017
J
Re: Jumia To Boost Ecommerce In Nigeria, Plans A Month ‘black Friday’ Promotion by ajepako(f): 7:49am On Oct 20, 2017
Proudly Jumia shopper...

4 Likes

Re: Jumia To Boost Ecommerce In Nigeria, Plans A Month ‘black Friday’ Promotion by okerekeikpo: 7:49am On Oct 20, 2017
As a vendor I can't wait for the Black Friday, I need a new car this Xmas, Jumia is the new drug money

1 Like

Re: Jumia To Boost Ecommerce In Nigeria, Plans A Month ‘black Friday’ Promotion by Olalan(m): 7:50am On Oct 20, 2017
Jumia has to do something fast about their Black Fridays Offers, they have lost their credibility over the years.
Re: Jumia To Boost Ecommerce In Nigeria, Plans A Month ‘black Friday’ Promotion by hezy4real01(m): 7:51am On Oct 20, 2017
Jumia de try ooo am looking forward for when they will start matchmaking
Re: Jumia To Boost Ecommerce In Nigeria, Plans A Month ‘black Friday’ Promotion by Unbreakable007: 7:52am On Oct 20, 2017
Change don enter jumia oooo.

Black Friday is nt as it use to be .last year own was rubbish compare to last two years.

1 Like

Re: Jumia To Boost Ecommerce In Nigeria, Plans A Month ‘black Friday’ Promotion by yomalex(m): 7:53am On Oct 20, 2017
good for them but tell me why shipping fee is now N1000 and it is more expensive to collect my package at their pickup station.

3 Likes

Re: Jumia To Boost Ecommerce In Nigeria, Plans A Month ‘black Friday’ Promotion by chibuzor05(m): 7:53am On Oct 20, 2017
All I am gladly waiting for this time around is the Jumia Black Friday Phones Prices. Let me see if it will be a hit or miss this time around.Their flash sales really happens in a flash, I wish to be a partaker this time.
Re: Jumia To Boost Ecommerce In Nigeria, Plans A Month ‘black Friday’ Promotion by sayhi2certified(m): 7:53am On Oct 20, 2017
love Jumia..my legoo kimkaa power now die..
Re: Jumia To Boost Ecommerce In Nigeria, Plans A Month ‘black Friday’ Promotion by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 20, 2017
Rich people thread.
I am out of here.
Wetin man go chop this morning sef

2 Likes

Re: Jumia To Boost Ecommerce In Nigeria, Plans A Month ‘black Friday’ Promotion by Myself2(m): 7:53am On Oct 20, 2017
YOUR FACE WHEN YOU READ THIS REPORT AND YOUR BANK ACCOUNT IS FAT AND READY

7 Likes

Re: Jumia To Boost Ecommerce In Nigeria, Plans A Month ‘black Friday’ Promotion by Myself2(m): 7:55am On Oct 20, 2017
YOUR FACE WHEN YOU READ THIS REPORT AND YOUR BANK ACCOUNT IS LEAN AND AS DRY AS SAHARA DESERT

5 Likes

Re: Jumia To Boost Ecommerce In Nigeria, Plans A Month ‘black Friday’ Promotion by Palmerbarry: 7:55am On Oct 20, 2017
eedriyz:
Rubbish black Friday where things are more expensive
I doubt if you know what "blackfriday" really means...
Re: Jumia To Boost Ecommerce In Nigeria, Plans A Month ‘black Friday’ Promotion by Webman007: 7:55am On Oct 20, 2017
Need an informational or ecommece website for your business? We got you covered.

Call/Chat us up at 0809 5966698 - Email: info@doerstechnologies.com

Re: Jumia To Boost Ecommerce In Nigeria, Plans A Month ‘black Friday’ Promotion by purplekayc(m): 7:55am On Oct 20, 2017
We're waiting
Re: Jumia To Boost Ecommerce In Nigeria, Plans A Month ‘black Friday’ Promotion by jayson87: 7:56am On Oct 20, 2017
adeniyi3971:
Yeye black Friday. Enough of the lies Jumia, it won't take you guys anywhere. I'm not moved the wind of change that has blown over satellite TV will hit you guys soon..

Happy birthday to me

Which wind of change is this one talking about. Are you still having fantasies over TSTV. You better wake up from your slumber

1 Like

Re: Jumia To Boost Ecommerce In Nigeria, Plans A Month ‘black Friday’ Promotion by fela97: 7:58am On Oct 20, 2017
Re: Jumia To Boost Ecommerce In Nigeria, Plans A Month ‘black Friday’ Promotion by HottestFire: 8:01am On Oct 20, 2017

I don't know what F.G will do, but Jumia and Konga must not fail otherwise the ripple effect will affect a lot of things.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Is Why You Are Not Making Sales On Social Media / Help Me With Business Ideas For A #100k To#150k Startup Capital / Mcash: NIBSS, Banks, Telcos Unveil Mobile Payment Solution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.