Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,961 members, 7,814,256 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

FRSC Begins Operation “show Your Licence’’ In Lagos - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / FRSC Begins Operation “show Your Licence’’ In Lagos (13922 Views)

FRSC Begins Full Enforcement Of NIN As Condition For Vehicle Registration / FRSC Begins “operation Show Your Driver’s Licence” In Lagos (pics) / FRSC To Embark On “operation Show Your Driving Licence’’ In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FRSC Begins Operation “show Your Licence’’ In Lagos by ivolt: 8:18am On Oct 20, 2017
ironheart:
you and I know that is not the case? We put more emphasis on certificate, license etc without having the proper attitude. How many of the driving schools teach the correct driving rules? How many times have you as an individual stopped at a zebra crossing? Even if you want to stop, you cannot because the moment you try to stop another stupid driver will ram you from the back. Why must we always have a total gridlock at a junction? It's because no it's meant to be first in first out, do we practice it? Is it the photocopy paper they gave me since march this year and my you want to see? Those guys are jokers

Deflection!

The issue here is whether FRSC should check driver's license.
Since their job involves preventing accident, then checking
driver's license is important because.

This post is not about incompetent drivers who have licenses
or driving schools who don't know what they are doing. You
may discuss those issues on other threads.

We cannot continue to support illegality by pointing fingers
at others.

1 Like

Re: FRSC Begins Operation “show Your Licence’’ In Lagos by ivolt: 8:19am On Oct 20, 2017
BarryX:
It would have be better if they can come out and tell us plainly that they are on a revenue drive.

Those FRSC guys are after their pockets

Do you have your license?
Then you have nothing to worry about.
Re: FRSC Begins Operation “show Your Licence’’ In Lagos by poseidon12: 8:25am On Oct 20, 2017
ironheart:
Misplaced priority, they lack basic knowledge, there core job is not to check license, they are meant to prevent accident.

Stop vehicles that are heavily over loaded

Make sure drivers are using there seat belts

Arrest drivers who flout road rules

I wish they would also start impounding all those vehicles billowing out smoke.

1 Like

Re: FRSC Begins Operation “show Your Licence’’ In Lagos by murmee: 8:27am On Oct 20, 2017
The job of the FRSC is to ensure safety on our roads especially the highways by assisting distressed drivers. They are to ensure traffic move smoothly on the roads They are supposed to prevent accidents by their presence on dangerous spots and clearing gridlocks. They are to assist accident victims by rendering support and quickly moving them to any nearby health facilities.

What the FRSC does instead is to stop and delay motorists unnecessarily by asking for particulars just to extort money. They come up with one policy or the other to frustrate motorists especially car owners. They are permanently stationed under the bridge going to the Airport at Ajao Estate causing delays.

The FRSC is not a VIO or Traffic Police. We had peace when they were moved to the highways and Fringes. Hunger has brought them back to town.

1 Like

Re: FRSC Begins Operation “show Your Licence’’ In Lagos by Flaghouse1: 8:43am On Oct 20, 2017
PaperLace:

It might not be their core job, but it's assumed that any driver who went through driving lessons in an accredited centre _thus being eligible for a DL, wouldn't be found guilty of the points you mentioned.

They prevent accidents by listing centres where people can go learn. People choose learn in their village squares, jump into the road and endanger themselves/other road users.
Check job isn't a bad job after all.

So, can I see your driver's licence Sir? smileyc

You must be an FRSC official,confirmed !!!! grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

Re: FRSC Begins Operation “show Your Licence’’ In Lagos by Kalapizim(m): 9:34am On Oct 20, 2017
Me no get drivers license o, na my uncle Army cap and koboko dey make dem no stop me grin grin
Re: FRSC Begins Operation “show Your Licence’’ In Lagos by adisabarber(m): 9:36am On Oct 20, 2017
Most of them have DL and their papers are up to date.

Lovetinz:
^^^ Danfo drivers are usually exempted.
I have NEVER heard of a Danfo driver being charged to court for not possessing a licence.
Re: FRSC Begins Operation “show Your Licence’’ In Lagos by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 20, 2017
zizie:
@ FRSC if my license has expired does it mean that I no longer know how to drive?

Or does my ability to drive expire with the license?
grin grin Lol @ this. please help me ask them o.. i've debated this in my head several times grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FRSC Begins Operation “show Your Licence’’ In Lagos by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:47am On Oct 20, 2017
hmmm...they just want the licence office to be crowded this December season. .well will those who apply get it same day or....
Re: FRSC Begins Operation “show Your Licence’’ In Lagos by davou4eva(m): 10:47am On Oct 20, 2017
This will cause more traffic in Lagos....i bet you
Re: FRSC Begins Operation “show Your Licence’’ In Lagos by nwosu1982: 11:27am On Oct 20, 2017
Go to Northern part of the country & do ur operation there.

1 Like

Re: FRSC Begins Operation “show Your Licence’’ In Lagos by nwosu1982: 11:29am On Oct 20, 2017
Small time, Civil Defense will start their own operation show ur soup. Zoogeria
Re: FRSC Begins Operation “show Your Licence’’ In Lagos by billyG(m): 11:33am On Oct 20, 2017
why cnt state ministry of transport issue DL why frsc?dl which use to b #5k is now #20k & take eternity to get,& just look @ how expensive number plate is.hav dey ever reduce accidents since their inception?

1 Like

Re: FRSC Begins Operation “show Your Licence’’ In Lagos by EvilMetahuman: 12:00pm On Oct 20, 2017
illitrate:

The major causes of accident are unlicensed drivers, who dont know that using traffic pointer before change of lane is mandatory. Who dont know that overtaking on the hard shower could be disastrous. who dont know the rules neither would they adhere to any.That is their Job.
the major cause of accident is bad roads.

1 Like

Re: FRSC Begins Operation “show Your Licence’’ In Lagos by nosiebaba(m): 12:01pm On Oct 20, 2017
Metrobaba:
My Heart Does To Those Danfo Drivers N Etc.
They usually don't enforce anything with regards to danfo drivers. It's only in Lagos you see underage and drunken drivers driving buses that don't even have head lamps, mirrors or tail lights.. But frsc will be fast to stop a private car cos they know they will see small thing grin
Re: FRSC Begins Operation “show Your Licence’’ In Lagos by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 20, 2017
nosiebaba:

They usually don't enforce anything with regards to danfo drivers. It's only in Lagos you see underage and drunken drivers driving buses that don't even have head lamps, mirrors or tail lights.. But frsc will be fast to stop a private car cos they know they will see small thing grin

Then, No Enforcing

Re: FRSC Begins Operation “show Your Licence’’ In Lagos by ironheart(m): 12:56pm On Oct 20, 2017
ivolt:

Deflection!

The issue here is whether FRSC should check driver's license.
Since their job involves preventing accident, then checking
driver's license is important because.

This post is not about incompetent drivers who have licenses
or driving schools who don't know what they are doing. You
may discuss those issues on other threads.

We cannot continue to support illegality by pointing fingers
at others.
does my post point fingers? I only outline 3 point on what they should be doing not what they are doing wrong .get me please
Re: FRSC Begins Operation “show Your Licence’’ In Lagos by ironheart(m): 12:58pm On Oct 20, 2017
goldman777:

Your very right its unconstitutional for them to arrest their job is to check and advice motorist on safety of cars on the road but the greed of typical nigerians has turn them to police.They is no where in the world where road safety department/corps harass and arrest motorist except in the most populated retrogressive black nation in the world called nigeria undecided
thank you. You are so on point bro.
Re: FRSC Begins Operation “show Your Licence’’ In Lagos by ironheart(m): 12:58pm On Oct 20, 2017
SwacoBlackPope:
I don't think you are knowledgeable enough with the first point/line
educate me please
Re: FRSC Begins Operation “show Your Licence’’ In Lagos by ironheart(m): 1:02pm On Oct 20, 2017
illitrate:

The major causes of accident are unlicensed drivers, who dont know that using traffic pointer before change of lane is mandatory. Who dont know that overtaking on the hard shower could be disastrous. who dont know the rules neither would they adhere to any.That is their Job.
hahahahahah I got my license by paying them do do the driving school certificate for me. If I had not been driving before now, and I do not know the rules, what do you think I will do with that license? Mind you my current driving license is my 4th license since I started driving
Re: FRSC Begins Operation “show Your Licence’’ In Lagos by Lalaska(m): 1:06pm On Oct 20, 2017
Again my issue with this people is their senseless application of these regulations. It suggests that their motive is to issue tickets rather than enforce having drivers license. They should have a device/system/app where they can check if a driver does not have a cold licence. For example I if I forget my license at home, they will give you ticket
Re: FRSC Begins Operation “show Your Licence’’ In Lagos by ironheart(m): 1:06pm On Oct 20, 2017
illitrate:

hahahahahah I got my license by paying them do do the driving school certificate for me. I could not renew my old license because I did not go back for my data to be transferred to the new one. If I had not been driving before now, and I do not know the rules, what do you think I will do with that license? Mind you my current driving license is my 4th license since I started driving
Re: FRSC Begins Operation “show Your Licence’’ In Lagos by erico2k2(m): 2:22pm On Oct 20, 2017
PaperLace:

It might not be their core job, but it's assumed that any driver who went through driving lessons in an accredited centre _thus being eligible for a DL, wouldn't be found guilty of the points you mentioned.

They prevent accidents by listing centres where people can go learn. People choose learn in their village squares, jump into the road and endanger themselves/other road users.
Check job isn't a bad job after all.

So, can I see your driver's licence Sir? smiley

Driving without a licence is a criminal offence and thats the responsibility of the police to deal with since its criminal,
Re: FRSC Begins Operation “show Your Licence’’ In Lagos by erico2k2(m): 2:24pm On Oct 20, 2017
Lalaska:
Again my issue with this people is their senseless application of these regulations. It suggests that their motive is to issue tickets rather than enforce having drivers license. They should have a device/system/app where they can check if a driver does not have a cold licence. For example I if I forget my license at home, they will give you ticket
This is very true, but I think Nigerians should explore the laws clearly.Does teh law say I must have my licence on me at all time Im driving or that I should own one?
Re: FRSC Begins Operation “show Your Licence’’ In Lagos by erico2k2(m): 2:26pm On Oct 20, 2017
illitrate:

Very wrong.BAD roads are teh number one culprit.I Nigeria I give it to the drivers who have to deal with those death traps called roads.
Re: FRSC Begins Operation “show Your Licence’’ In Lagos by DONADAMS(m): 2:53pm On Oct 20, 2017
Kalapizim:
Me no get drivers license o, na my uncle Army cap and koboko dey make dem no stop me grin grin
lol..na so!!!!!
Re: FRSC Begins Operation “show Your Licence’’ In Lagos by Kalapizim(m): 3:11pm On Oct 20, 2017
DONADAMS:
lol..na so!!!!!
na the way baba, when dem stop me I go say the car belongs to him. And if them wan arrest me I go say wait lemme call him first. grin grin
frog jump will Fall on dem
Re: FRSC Begins Operation “show Your Licence’’ In Lagos by DONADAMS(m): 3:53pm On Oct 20, 2017
Kalapizim:
na the way baba, when dem stop me I go say the car belongs to him. And if them wan arrest me I go say wait lemme call him first. grin grin
frog jump will Fall on dem
lol...me I no dey even answer them sef...na to just tell them say na my papa get am show them my I.D card...na only once them don stop me sha.. the way I dey bone face sef inside motor sef go make them rethink
Re: FRSC Begins Operation “show Your Licence’’ In Lagos by Lalaska(m): 8:13pm On Oct 20, 2017
erico2k2:

This is very true, but I think Nigerians should explore the laws clearly.Does teh law say I must have my licence on me at all time Im driving or that I should own one?
I don't know the exact wording of the law but the spirit behind it is to own a license and the fact that I don't have it with me at the time I was stopped doesn't necessarily mean I don't own one. But what do I know? Na ticket straight, after all they have a revenue target to deliver. If not, why will they hide at strategic corners to look for the victims
Re: FRSC Begins Operation “show Your Licence’’ In Lagos by Lalaska(m): 12:38pm On Oct 21, 2017
Re: FRSC Begins Operation “show Your Licence’’ In Lagos by patonyx1: 11:31pm On Oct 21, 2017
calddon:
Do FRSC Officials have drivers license

When your caught just try to ask one of them...u will be amazed by their response

And there response maybe "Oga I be staff" grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. / Opinions Needed: My Mechanic Said I Should Use Only Water First In New Radiator. / Is Mazda MPV Prone To Auto Gear Problems?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.