Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,105 members, 7,818,302 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Sahabi Mu'awiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sahabi Mu'awiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan (1891 Views)

Ahmad Ibn Taymiyyah: The Tortured Scholar / 'Abdullah Ibn Salam: From Judaism To Islam / In Defense Of Uncle Of Believers, Mu'awiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan (RadiAllaahu Anh) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sahabi Mu'awiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan by AlBaqir(m): 6:14pm On Oct 19, 2017
INTRODUCTION

This is gonna be a long thread in sha Allah, as we intend to go in depth about the personality of Mu'awiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan.

Naturally we ought to have taken his biography from the beginning but there is a challenge (from Mu'awiyah's apologetic) we need to quickly respond to therefore we take the whole account from the middle.

Demmzy15:

I'm challenging you to show us where Mu'awiyah ever claimed he hated Ali or any of the Ahl e Beyt - may Allaah be pleased with them all-

DEFINITION OF A NASIBI

For brevity, we give this definition by a Salafi scholar

Shaykh Ibn al-‘Uthaymin writes:

"The Nawasib (singular: Nasibi) are those who set up enmity against the Ahl al-Bayt, and hated them and cursed them .

They are diametrically opposed to the Rawafid

Source: Ibn al-‘Uthaymīn, Sharh al-‘Aqīdah al-Wāsitiyyah,
vol. 2, p. 283

So, anyone who hurts the Ahl al-Bayt by word or deed is a
Nasibi. Moreover, anyone who hates, curses or sets up
enmity against the Ahl al-Bayt is equally a Nasibi.
Re: Sahabi Mu'awiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan by AlBaqir(m): 6:23pm On Oct 19, 2017
MU'AWIYAH ESTABLISHED NASIBISM

Authentic historical accounts have it that Mu'awiyah in the name of avenging the blood of murdered Caliph Uthman ibn Affan, raised up a huge army against the Rightly Guided Caliph of his time, Ali ibn Abi Talib, and started the second ever civil war in Islam where two Muslim's factions battle each other. The battle is known as battle of Siffin. In sha Allah, we will unveil this account soonest.

# However, after the death of Ali ibn Abi Talib (peace be upon him), and abdication of Hassan ibn Ali ibn Abi Talib (peace be upon him), Mu'awiyah assumed the seat of power and rule the Muslim's world from Sham (the present day Syria).

# One of the very first thing he established during his reign was Nasibism. Following are VERY FEW of documented reports:
Re: Sahabi Mu'awiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan by AlBaqir(m): 6:28pm On Oct 19, 2017
1. Sheik al-Albani documents in his tahqiq of Sunan Ibn Majah:

Narrated Sa’d b. Abī Waqqās:

Mu’āwiyah arrived (in Madīnah) during one of his Hajjs (during his Khilāfah), and he entered upon Sa’d (his governor over Madīnah). Then they mentioned ‘Alī and he (Mu’āwiyah) CURSED him. Sa’d, as a result, got angry and said: “You dare say such things about a man concerning whom I heard the Messenger of Allāh, peace be upon him, saying “Whomsoever I am his mawlā, ‘Alī is his mawlā”? I also heard the Prophet say about ‘Alī, “You are to me as Hārūn was to Mūsā except that there will be no prophet after me.” And I heard him saying (about ‘Alī): “I will certainly give this flag today to a person who loves
Allāh and His Messenger
.”

Albani comments: Sahīh

Source: Muhammad Nāsir al-Dīn al-Albānī, Sahīh Sunan Ibn Majah (Riyadh: Maktab al-Tarbiyyah al-‘Arabī li Dawl al-
Khalīj; 1408), vol. 1, p. 26, #118

# Imam ibn Abi Shaybah also documents same Hadith:

Source: Ibn Abī Shaybah, al-Musannaf (Muasassat ‘Ulūm al-Qur’ān) [annotator: Muhammad ‘Awāmah], vol. 17, p. 101, # 32741

2. Imām al-Sanadī states after recording the above hadīth:

His statement “and he cursed him” means “Mu’āwiyah cursed ‘Alī” and attacked him and cursed him

Source: Abū al-Hasan al-Hanafī al-Sanadī, Sharh Sunan Ibn Majah (Beirut: Dār al-Ma’rifah; 3rd edition, 1420 H)
[annotator: Shaykh Khalīl Māmūn], vol. 1, p. 86

3. Imam Muslim also gives his own account:

Narrated ‘Āmir b. Sa'd b. Abī Waqqās that his father said:

"Then Mu’āwiyah b. Abī Sufyān ORDERED Sa’d and said: “What prevents you from CURSING Abū Turāb (i.e. 'Alī)?” He (Sa’d) replied, “Because of three things which the Messenger of Allāh, peace be upon him, I will NEVER curse him. If I had just one of them, it would be more beloved to me than a red camel..."

Source: Abū al-Husayn Muslim b. al-Hajjāj al-Naysābūrī al- al-Qushayrī, Sahīh (Beirut: Dār Ihyā al-Turāth al-‘Arabī)
[annotator: Muhammad Fuād ‘Abd al-Bāqī], vol. 4, p. 1871, # 2404

4. Albani further documents:

Narrated Sa’īd b. Jubayr:

I was with Ibn ‘Abbās at ‘Arafāt. He then said, “What happened? I do not hear people saying Labayk Allāhuma labayk?” I said, “They fear Mu’āwiyah.” As a result, Ibn ‘Abbās came out of his large tent and said, “Labayk Allāhuma labayk! Verily, they have forsaken the Sunnah due to hatred of ‘Alī.”

Albani comments: Its chain is sahīh

Source: Muhammad Nāsir al-Dīn al-Albānī, Sahīh Sunan Ibn Majah (Riyadh: Maktab al-Tarbiyyah al-‘Arabī li Dawl al-
Khalīj; 1408), vol. 2, p. 343, #3006

5. Even Ibn Taymiyyah could not help it but to admit:

This was why placing ‘Alī above him (i.e. Mu’āwiyah) was not a popular opinion in it (i.e. Syria), as opposed to the cursing of ‘Alī which had become a custom among the FOLLOWERS of Mu’āwiyah.

This was despite that ‘Alī and his Sahābah were closer to the haqq (Truth), and were more upon the haqq, than Mu’āwiyah and his Sahābah, as is documented in the two Sahīhs

Source: Ibn Taymiyyah, Majmu’ al-Fatāwā (Egypt: Dār al-Wafā; 1421 H), vol. 4, p. 266

6. Imam al-Dhahabi also gives an interesting summary:

Mu’āwiyah had behind him a huge number of people who loved him, and who went to extreme lengths in their views of him, and who placed him above (‘Alī). It was either because he ruled them with honour, clemency and generosity, or because they were born in Syria upon love of him, and they raised their children upon that (i.e. love of Mu’āwiyah).

Among them were a small group of the Sahābah, and lots of the Tābi’īn and the people of merit. They fought on his side against the people of Iraq (i.e. Imām ‘Alī and his army), AND THEY WERE REARED UPON NĀSIBISM

Dhahabi further states:

Then the Nawāsib, and they were those who fought ‘Alī on the Day of Siffīn.

Source: Abū ‘Abd Allāh Shams al-Dīn Muhammad b. Ahmad al-Dhahabī, Siyar A’lām al-Nubalā (Egypt: Maktabah al-Tawfīqīyyah), vol. 4, p. 269 [biography of Mu’āwiyah]
Re: Sahabi Mu'awiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan by AlBaqir(m): 6:56pm On Oct 19, 2017
CURSING ALI ON THE PULPIT BY MU'AWIYAH'S GOVERNOR

1. Imam al-Suyuti documents:

Ibn Sa’d recorded that ‘Umayr b. Ishāq said: “Marwān (ibn al-Hakam) was a governor over us, and he used to CURSE ‘Alī every Friday on the pulpit.

Source: Abū al-Fadl Jalāl al-Dīn ‘Abd al-Rahmān b. Abū Bakr al-Suyūtī, Tārīkh al-Khulafā (Egypt: Matba’ah al-Sa’ādah; 1371 H) [annotator: Muhammad Muhy al-Dīn ‘Abd al-Hamīd], vol. 1, p. 166

2. Imam Abu Ya'la further documents:

Narrated Abū YaHyā:

I was between al-Husayn and al-Hasan and Marwān was cursing them both. As a result, al-Hasan held al-Husayn’s hand (to calm him). Then Marwān said: “The Ahl al-Bayt are accursed people!”

Thereupon, al-Hasan got angry and said: “Did you say the Ahl al-Bayt are accursed people? I swear by Allāh, Allāh has CURSED you through the tongue of His Prophet, peace be upon him, while you were still in the loins of your father
.” (Its chain is sahīh)

Source: Abū Ya’lā Ahmad b. ‘Alī al-Tamīmī al-Mawsūlī, Musnad (Damascus: Dār al-Māmūn li al-Turāth; 1st edition,
1404 H) [annotator: Husayn Salīm Asad], vol. 12, p. 135, # 6764

3. Imam Muslim again documents:

Narrated Sahl b. Sa'd:

A man from the family of Marwān was appointed as the governor of Madīnah. He called Sahl b. Sa'd and ORDERED him to curse ‘Alī. Sahl refused to do that. He (the governor) said to him: “If you do not agree to it (at least) say: ‘May Allāh curse Abū Turāb (i.e. ‘Alī)’”.

Sahl said: “There was no name dearer to ‘Alī than Abū Turāb and he felt delighted when he was called by this name

Source: Abū al-Husayn Muslim b. al-Hajjāj al-Naysābūrī al- al-Qushayrī, Sahīh (Beirut: Dār Ihyā al-Turāth al-‘Arabī)
[annotator: Muhammad Fuād ‘Abd al-Bāqī], vol. 4, p. 1874, # 2409

NB: Although someone has played some tricks here to hide the name of that governor, it is obvious. Marwān b. al-Hakam was the only one from his family who was made a governor over Madīnah.

4. Imam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal also documents about another Sahabi who was very loyal to Mu'awiyah during his Khilafah:

Narrated ‘Abd Allāh b. Zālim:

Al-Mughīrah (ibn Shu'bah) delivered a sermon (in the mosque) and cursed ‘Alī. Sa’d b. Zayd went out (of the mosque) as a result and said: “Don’t you wonder at this one cursing ‘Alī, may Allāh be pleased with him?” (Sahīh li Ghayrihi)

Source: Abū ‘Abd Allāh Ahmad b. Hanbal al-Shaybānī, Musnad (Cairo: Muasassat al-Qurtuba) [annotator: Shu’ayb al-Arnaūt], vol. 4, p. 369, #19307

# Imam Ibn Kathir summarised:

The Khalīfahs from Banū Umayyah were like this … ALL OF THEM were Nāsibīs, except Imām ‘Umar the Pious: Mu’āwiyah then his son Yazīd, then his grandson Mu’āwiyah al-Sadīd; Marwān, then his son ‘Abd Al-Malik

Source: Abū al-Fidā ‘Imād al-Dīn b. Kathīr al-Qurshī al-Dimashqī, al-Bidāyah wa al-NIhāyah (1st edition, 1419 H) vol. 17, p. 375
Re: Sahabi Mu'awiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan by AlBaqir(m): 6:58pm On Oct 19, 2017
PROPHET'S FATWA DECLARATION

There is a MUTAWATTIR Hadith whereby Prophet declares hatred for Ali as Nifaq (hypocrisy) and love of him as Iman (faith). For brevity, we quickly quote two:

Both Imam Muslim and Imam Tirmidhi document:

# Narrated 'Ali:

"The Prophet (s) - the Unlettered Prophet - exhorted me (saying): 'None loves you except a believer and none hates you except a hypocrite.'" 'Adi bin Thabit (a narrator) said: "I am from the generation whom the Prophet (s) supplicated for."

Grade : Sahih (Darussalam)  

English reference  : Vol. 1, Book 46, Hadith 3736 
Arabic reference  : Book 49, Hadith 4101 
www.sunnah.com/tirmidhi/49

# Imam Abu Ya'la documents:

Narrated Abū ‘Abd Allāh al-Jadalī:

Umm Salamah said, “Why do you curse the Messenger of Allāh upon the PULPITS?” I said, “How is that possible?” She said, “Don’t you curse ‘Alī and WHOSOEVER loves him? I testify
that the Messenger of Allāh loved him

Source: Abū Ya’lā Ahmad b. ‘Alī al-Tamīmī al-Mawsūlī, Musnad (Damascus: Dār al-Māmūn li al-Turāth; 1st edition,
1404 H) [annotator: Husayn Salīm Asad], vol. 12, p. 444, # 7013

Imam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal also documents:

Narrated ‘Abd Allāh al-Jadalī:

I entered upon Umm Salamah and she said to me, “Why do you curse the Messenger of Allāh, peace be upon him, among yourselves?” I said, “Allāh forbid” or “May Allāh be glorified!” or a similar statement. She then said, “I heard the Messenger of Allāh, peace be upon him, saying: ‘WHOSOEVER curses ‘Alī has VERILY CURSED ME

Imām al-Haythamī states about this hadīth:

Ahmad recorded it, and its narrators are narrators of the Sahīh excepy Abū ‘Abd Allāh al-Jadalī, and he is trustworthy

Source: Abū ‘Abd Allāh Ahmad b. Hanbal al-Shaybānī, Musnad (Cairo: Muasassat al-Qurtuba) [annotator: Shu’ayb al-Arnaūt], vol. 6, p. 323, #26791
Re: Sahabi Mu'awiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan by AlBaqir(m): 7:34pm On Oct 19, 2017
To be continue in sha Allah
Re: Sahabi Mu'awiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan by AlBaqir(m): 7:56am On Oct 20, 2017
AlBaqir:

EXTENT OF HATRED OF ALI IBN ABI TALIB BY BANU UMAYYAD (MU'AWIYAH'S CLAN) AND THE PEOPLE OF SHAM (SYRIA, WHERE MU'AWIYAH RULED)

1. In the book "Siyar A'alam al-Nubala", by Imam Dhahabi, vol. 5, al-Risala Institutions, page 101

Biography number 35, about " Ulai ibn Rabah."

He (Imam Dhahabi) says: "He is the Trustworthy Imam, Abu Musa al-Lakhmi al-Misri. He heard (Narrations) from Amr ibn al-Aas, Uqba ibn Aamir...Abi Qatadah al-Ansari,Abdullah ibn Umar and a group of companions."

Then he (Dhahabi) says on page 102:

"...and he is from the greatest scholars of the Tabi'ieen (those who met and narrate from the companions of the Prophet)."

Then Dhahabi says: "Abu Abdul-Rahman al-Muqri said whenever the Banu Umayyad would hear that a newborn was named Ali, they killed him. So when this reached Rabah (Ulai's father), he changed his son's name (from Ali to Ulai)"

2. In "Siyar A'alam al-Nubala", vol.10, page 400, Biography of " Allamah al-Hafiz al-Sadiq Abul-Hassan al-Madaini"

He says: "He came to Baghdad and put a classification and he was very good in biographies, battle stories, lineages, (stories of) Arab days and he was honest in what he said with a high (authentic) chain of narration".

Then on page 402, he (Dhahabi) says:

" Al-Madaini narrated that he entered upon Ma'moon and mentioned to him the narrations about Ali. So he (Ma'moon) cursed Banu Umayya.

Then I (al-Madaini) said that al-Muthanna ibn Abdullah al-Ansari said: I was in Sham (Syria) and I never heard the names of Ali nor Hassan (ibn Ali). But rather all I heard was Mu'awiyah, Yazeed, al-Waleed.

Then I went past a man standing at his door who said: Give him water 'O Hassan. I said: You named him 'Hassan?

So he said: My children are (called) Hassan and Hussein and Ja'far because the people of Sham (Syria) name their children after the names of the Caliphs of Allah, and then the man curses his son.

So I said: I thought you were the best from among the people of Sham, but I realised there will be nobody who is worse than you in Hellfire.

So, Ma'moon said: Never mind, that is why Allah curses their alive and dead people. He meant the Nawasib
"

NB: Allahu Akbar. Imagine, this man and people of Sham used to named their sons Hassan and Hussein and Ja'far for the purpose of remembering and cursing Imam Hassan and Imam Hussain and Ja'far ibn Abi Talib.

WHAT PROPHET SAYS

In the book, "al-Matalib al-Aaliya Bizawaaid al-Masaaneed al-Thamaaniya", by al-Hafiz ibn Hajar al-Asqalani, vol. 18, pg. 257 under the title:

"Chapter of Rasulallah cursing al-Hakam ibn Abi al-Aas and his sons and the Banu Umayya."

1. Narration number 4455:

"From Abi Yahya who said: I was with al-Hassan and al-Hussein and Marwan cursed al-Hussein.

He said: Marwan said the Ahlulbayt are cursed. So al-Hussein got angry and said: Are you saying the Ahlulbayt are cursed? For by Allah the Messenger of Allah cursed you while you were in your father's loins
."

The investigator of this book, AbdulQadir Abd al-Aziz Juwandal says:

This Hadith is Authentic with this chain of narration as all the Narrators are trustworthy. And this has been mentioned by al-Haythami, and is mentioned by Busairi, and is written by Abu Ya'ala and is written by Ibn Asakir and etc.

NB: Marwan's full name is Marwan ibn al-Hakam. His father is al-Hakam ibn Abi al-Aas al-Umawi. The Prophet cursed al-Hakam (father of Marwan), and he was a companion.

# In the book, "Tareekhul Islam wa wafiat al-Mashaheer wal-A'alaam" by Imam al-Dhahabi, Edited and commented on by Dr. Bashar Awaad Ma'roof, al-Gharb al-Islami Institution; 1st Edition 2003. In volume 2, page 200, it reads:

"al-Sha'bi said: I heard ibn Zubayr say that I swear by the Lord of this house (Kaaba) that verily al-Hakam ibn Abi al-Aas and his sons are cursed by the tongue of Muhammad."

Imam Dhahabi says: The chain of narration is authentic.
Re: Sahabi Mu'awiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan by AlBaqir(m): 7:57am On Oct 20, 2017
AlBaqir:
In sha Allah...
Re: Sahabi Mu'awiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan by shahydbinaliyu(m): 8:04am On Oct 20, 2017
LAUGHING. . SEE THIS KEFERI O. . CALLING PEOPLE TO KUFRU (SHIA BELIEFS), DEFENDING SHIA BELIEFS . . .and when you die a shite. .and it was said u wil go to hell. .they will keep shouting that EXCUSE OF IGNORANCE . .whats the difference between you and BABA ADAMA. . . tsheew . . ,. . .TALK ABOUT ABU BAKR, UMAR, UTHMAN, ABU HURAYRAH. . .AND OTHER SAHABAHS YOU CALL KAFIR . . . . AND M0ST ESPECIALLY. . . TALK ABOUT AYEESHA. .OPEN A THREAD ON YOUR BELIEFS ON HER. . . . . . . . WE ARE WAITING .... ABANDON THIS THREAD. . FORGET MARWAN. . OPEN THREAD ON SAHABAHS YOU MAKE TAKFIR OF . . . . OPEN THREAD ON AYEESHA ..

1 Like

Re: Sahabi Mu'awiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan by AlBaqir(m): 8:29am On Oct 20, 2017
shahydbinaliyu:
TALK ABOUT ABU BAKR, UMAR, UTHMAN, ABU HURAYRAH. . .AND OTHER SAHABAHS YOU CALL KAFIR . . . . AND M0ST ESPECIALLY. . . TALK ABOUT AYEESHA. .OPEN A THREAD ON YOUR BELIEFS ON HER. . . . . . . . WE ARE WAITING .... ABANDON THIS THREAD. . FORGET MARWAN. . OPEN THREAD ON SAHABAHS YOU MAKE TAKFIR OF . . . . OPEN THREAD ON AYEESHA ..

# This thread is about Mu'awiyah ibn Abi Sufyan and the Banu Umayyad. So, its not only about Marwan ibn Hakam.

# About Umar ibn al-Khattab, we have opened a thread some years back here:
www.nairaland.com/2734029/umar-ibn-al-khattab-contributions-battles

# About Aishah, we talked about her a length on this thread:
www.nairaland.com/2715836/fatima-bint-muhammad-leader-women

# Abu Hurayrah, baba olongbo, here's his threads:
www.nairaland.com/3046418/abu-hurairah-mujassim-one-give

www.nairaland.com/3272999/abu-hurayrah-great-hadith-narrator

# And I know you will love this thread too:
www.nairaland.com/3856675/hadith-10-promised-jannah-sahabah

Though Allah gave you Aql but unfortunately you've never make use of it. We advice you while you open any of those threads above, remember to bring your Aql (intellect) along with your emotional and fanatical self.

Happy reading Mr Salafi Plumber.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sahabi Mu'awiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan by shahydbinaliyu(m): 8:55am On Oct 20, 2017
Laughing . . albaqir . . person wey no know you go dey follow u argue . . u kuku have already said it.. SHIA MUSLIM . .AHMADIYYA MUSLIM MOVEMENT #laughing. . U PEOPLE KN0W THAT U ARE NOT MUSLIM . . . its very clear u are n0t a muslim n0r d0 practise islam . . my advice, DO NOT DIE A SHITE O. . orelse u and abu lahab u go dey togther dey flex for hell . . . .keferi oshi . . shia muslim . . laughing my tall height off . . .LMTHO
Re: Sahabi Mu'awiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan by AlBaqir(m): 9:00am On Oct 20, 2017
shahydbinaliyu:
laughing my tall height off . . .LMTHO

* No wonder, agùn má níyè (tall with no sense) ni e. He yah. Anyway, thanks for registering your name on the thread, and kindly stop derailing the subject matter of the thread.

* We still have A LOT to expose about Nasibi Mu'awiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan and his Baghi followers.
Re: Sahabi Mu'awiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan by Kaytixy: 7:05pm On Oct 22, 2017
This basic of a guy makes me laugh honestly. You better repent now and seek for Allah's forgiveness is better for you only if you know.
Re: Sahabi Mu'awiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan by Kaytixy: 7:06pm On Oct 22, 2017
Kaytixy:
This basic of a guy makes me laugh honestly. You better repent now and seek for Allah's forgiveness is better for you only if you know.
I mean baqir
Re: Sahabi Mu'awiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan by Demmzy15(m): 9:39pm On Nov 03, 2017
Bismillahi Al rahmani Al raheem

AlBaqir:
INTRODUCTION

Naturally we ought to have taken his biography from the beginning but there is a challenge (from Mu'awiyah's apologetic) we need to quickly respond to therefore we take the whole account from the middle.

You can take it from wherever you want!

DEFINITION OF A NASIBI

For brevity, we give this definition by a Salafi scholar

Shaykh Ibn al-‘Uthaymin writes:

"The Nawasib (singular: Nasibi) are those who set up enmity against the Ahl al-Bayt, and hated them and cursed them .

They are diametrically opposed to the Rawafid

Source: Ibn al-‘Uthaymīn, Sharh al-‘Aqīdah al-Wāsitiyyah,
vol. 2, p. 283

So, anyone who hurts the Ahl al-Bayt by word or deed is a
Nasibi. Moreover, anyone who hates, curses or sets up
enmity against the Ahl al-Bayt is equally a Nasibi.

MMasha'Allaah, this includes individuals who harbor hate and despise the wives of the Prophet(Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Salam)
Re: Sahabi Mu'awiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan by Demmzy15(m): 9:44pm On Nov 03, 2017
AlBaqir:
MU'AWIYAH ESTABLISHED NASIBISM

Authentic historical accounts have it that Mu'awiyah in the name of avenging the blood of murdered Caliph Uthman ibn Affan, raised up a huge army against the Rightly Guided Caliph of his time, Ali ibn Abi Talib, and started the second ever civil war in Islam where two Muslim's factions battle each other. The battle is known as battle of Siffin. In sha Allah, we will unveil this account soonest.

Last time I checked, almost every Muslim here knows about the battle of siffin, so make it sound as if you're pulling some marvelous strings.

# However, after the death of Ali ibn Abi Talib (peace be upon him), and abdication of Hassan ibn Ali ibn Abi Talib (peace be upon him), Mu'awiyah assumed the seat of power and rule the Muslim's world from Sham (the present day Syria).

Hassan(RadiAllaahu Anh) abdicated and Mu'awiyah ruled the whole Muslim Ummah as the first King in Islam. Hassan and Hussain(RadiAllaahu Anhum) lived under his rule for decades and even accepted gifts from him.

# One of the very first thing he established during his reign was Nasibism. Following are VERY FEW of documented reports:

As you defined "Nasibism", the only nasibi here is you. We move further Insha'Allaahu
Re: Sahabi Mu'awiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan by Demmzy15(m): 10:40am On Nov 04, 2017
AlBaqir:
1. Sheik al-Albani documents in his tahqiq of Sunan Ibn Majah:

Narrated Sa’d b. Abī Waqqās:

Mu’āwiyah arrived (in Madīnah) during one of his Hajjs (during his Khilāfah), and he entered upon Sa’d (his governor over Madīnah). Then they mentioned ‘Alī and he (Mu’āwiyah) CURSED him. Sa’d, as a result, got angry and said: “You dare say such things about a man concerning whom I heard the Messenger of Allāh, peace be upon him, saying “Whomsoever I am his mawlā, ‘Alī is his mawlā”? I also heard the Prophet say about ‘Alī, “You are to me as Hārūn was to Mūsā except that there will be no prophet after me.” And I heard him saying (about ‘Alī): “I will certainly give this flag today to a person who loves
Allāh and His Messenger
.”

This would be answered in 2 ways:

1. This narration is only found in Ibn Majaah

2. Yahya ibn Ma'een said that the narrator 'Abd al-Rahman bin Saabit (who was a minor tabi'ee) did not hear from Sa'ad bin Abi Waqqas. The former was born in 118 AH, while Sa'd died in 55 AH (a gap of over 60 years!) . Abi Hatim ar-Razi, Al-Mizzi, ad-Dhabahi and others said he has many mursal narrations upon the authority of the Prophet(Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Salam), Abu Bakr and Umar and Sa'd and A'ishah and others from the Sahabah(RadiAllaahu Anhum)

Ibn Hajar said that bin Saabit was thiqah but had many irsaal. He goes on to say that it is not true he heard from any sahabi (alhough ad-Dhabhabi said he heard from Jaabir bin Abdullah only).

Albani comments: Sahīh

Khalīj; 1408), vol. 1, p. 26, #118

And as for Sheikh Al Albani's authentication, I don't know. I'll research on it more, it might even probably be a lie for you folks.

Besides, a similar hadith with a clearer context is in Muslim in which Sa'd ibn Abi Waqqas(RadiAllaahu Anh) mentioned all the virtuous of Ali in front of Mu'awiyah(RadiAllaahu Anhum) and Mu'awiyah neither opposed nor punished him. This tends to show he approved of it, there are also narrations of him praising Ali.

2. Imām al-Sanadī states after recording the above hadīth:

His statement “and he cursed him” means “Mu’āwiyah cursed ‘Alī” and attacked him and cursed him

Source: Abū al-Hasan al-Hanafī al-Sanadī, Sharh Sunan Ibn Majah (Beirut: Dār al-Ma’rifah; 3rd edition, 1420 H)
[annotator: Shaykh Khalīl Māmūn], vol. 1, p. 86

Even if we're to accept assertion, it doesn't point to what Shi'as slap themselves over. The wordings wasn't asking for Allaah's la'ana on Ali but just "denounce someone" and "criticize". It happens when men quarrel and fight, an example of this is when Al Abbas(RadiAllaahu Anh) called Ali an oppressor, if I should turn the tables then whatever you accuse Mu'awiyah as regards insults should also be applied to Al Abbas.

3. Imam Muslim also gives his own account:

Narrated ‘Āmir b. Sa'd b. Abī Waqqās that his father said:

"Then Mu’āwiyah b. Abī Sufyān ORDERED Sa’d and said: “What prevents you from CURSING Abū Turāb (i.e. 'Alī)?” He (Sa’d) replied, “Because of three things which the Messenger of Allāh, peace be upon him, I will NEVER curse him. If I had just one of them, it would be more beloved to me than a red camel..."

[annotator: Muhammad Fuād ‘Abd al-Bāqī], vol. 4, p. 1871, # 2404

What's amazing is, Sa'd mentioned all the virtuous of Ali in front of Mu'awiyah and he did nothing? Lol grin grin

Imam Muslim states:

1. (First Answer) Muawiyah did not order Sad to criticize Ali, rather he was inquiring him about this, i.e. He asked Sad, whether you don't criticize Ali due to any shariee evidence or his fear or is there any other thing? (then Sad mentioned ahadith that because of shar`iee evidence I don't criticize not because i fear him) If you do not criticize him due to evidence then you are doing the right thing and if you are doing it because of other thing then the answer is different.

2, (Second answer) It might have been that Sa’d was among a group who used to criticize Ali, but he was not doing it with them, That is why Muawiyah asked him, you live among those who criticize him but i see you are different then them, i.e. you don't criticize him even when you are living among them?

3. (Third answer) Criticizing means why don't you mention his mistake in Ijtihad? i.e. why don't you mention that his Ijtihad is wrong regarding not giving the killers of Uthman to Muawiyah?

[Sahih Muslim under the Commentary of the hadith in discussion]

4. Albani further documents:

Narrated Sa’īd b. Jubayr:

I was with Ibn ‘Abbās at ‘Arafāt. He then said, “What happened? I do not hear people saying Labayk Allāhuma labayk?” I said, “They fear Mu’āwiyah.” As a result, Ibn ‘Abbās came out of his large tent and said, “Labayk Allāhuma labayk! Verily, they have forsaken the Sunnah due to hatred of ‘Alī.”

I think this narration is clear as it doesn't support your position that Mu'awiyah cursed and ordered others to curse Ali. So I'll pass! sad

5. Even Ibn Taymiyyah could not help it but to admit:

This was why placing ‘Alī above him (i.e. Mu’āwiyah) was not a popular opinion in it (i.e. Syria), as opposed to the cursing of ‘Alī which had become a custom among the FOLLOWERS of Mu’āwiyah.

This was despite that ‘Alī and his Sahābah were closer to the haqq (Truth), and were more upon the haqq, than Mu’āwiyah and his Sahābah, as is documented in the two Sahīhs

Source: Ibn Taymiyyah, Majmu’ al-Fatāwā (Egypt: Dār al-Wafā; 1421 H), vol. 4, p. 266

Again, there's no mention of Mu'awiyah cursing and initiating the cursing of Ali. Besides, the followers of Ali also curse Mu'awiyah, he warned them to stop when it came to him:

It was narrated that when ʿAlī(ra) heard that two of his companions were openly reviling Muawiyah(ra) and cursing the people of Syria, he sent word to them telling them to stop what they were doing. They came to him and said: O Amīr al-Mu’minīn, are we not in the right and they in the wrong? He said: Yes indeed, by the Rabb of the Kaʿbah. They said: Then why are you stopping us from reviling and cursing them? He said: I do not want you to be people who curse; rather you should say: “0 Allah, protect our blood and theirs, reconcile between us and them. Save them from their misguidance, so that truth will become clear to those who are unaware of it and those who got carried away in misguidance will give up their stubborn ways.
Al-Akhbār al-Ṭiwāl, p. 165, quoted in Taḥqīq Mawāqif al-Ṣaḥābah fī l-Fitnah, 2/232

As you can see, this is the situation of the fitnah. Who knows there have been others who continued to curse Mu'awiyah, in fact Umar Ibn Abdulaziz(Rahimahullâh) was recorded to have flogged those who insulted Mu'awiyah. This shows that people continued cursing Mu'awiyah and Ali, so should we now condemn both?

@underlined, this is my position right from the beginning!

6. Imam al-Dhahabi also gives an interesting summary:

Mu’āwiyah had behind him a huge number of people who loved him, and who went to extreme lengths in their views of him, and who placed him above (‘Alī). It was either because he ruled them with honour, clemency and generosity, or because they were born in Syria upon love of him, and they raised their children upon that (i.e. love of Mu’āwiyah).

Among them were a small group of the Sahābah, and lots of the Tābi’īn and the people of merit. They fought on his side against the people of Iraq (i.e. Imām ‘Alī and his army), AND THEY WERE REARED UPON NĀSIBISM

Dhahabi further states:

Then the Nawāsib, and they were those who fought ‘Alī on the Day of Siffīn.

Source: Abū ‘Abd Allāh Shams al-Dīn Muhammad b. Ahmad al-Dhahabī, Siyar A’lām al-Nubalā (Egypt: Maktabah al-Tawfīqīyyah), vol. 4, p. 269 [biography of Mu’āwiyah]

KKindly do us a favor by providing the Arabic text of this, we'll appreciate it so as to verify.

1 Like

Re: Sahabi Mu'awiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan by Demmzy15(m): 10:43am On Nov 04, 2017
To be continued Insha'Allaahu
Re: Sahabi Mu'awiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan by AlBaqir(m): 11:42am On Nov 04, 2017
I will only respond to a bit sensible reply in your post.
Demmzy15:

Imam Muslim states:

[i]1. (First Answer) Muawiyah did not order Sad to criticize Ali, rather he was inquiring him about this, i.e.

@ underline, so that was the reason you cancelled out "ORDERED" in the documents of Imam Muslim which I posted up there. Hmmm. Kindly do yourself a favour: anything you wish to bring and copy-paste somebody else's comment, try to first make personal verification unless you will run into mistakes that such person ran into.

Imam Muslim documents says: "Mu'awiyah ibn Abi Sufyan ORDERED Sa'id..." (to curse Ali).

* Check the ARABIC text (as the translator of the English text deliberately refused to translate that part) here:
https://sunnah.com/muslim/44/50

* I have also attached the screenshot; and you will read: "AMARA Mu'awiyatun Ibn Abi Sufyan Sa'dan..."

Demmzy15:

KKindly do us a favor by providing the Arabic text of this, we'll appreciate it so as to verify.

It is always my wish to post Arabic texts alongside its English translation but it usually leads to my ban by anti spam not.

Anyway, you will see the screenshot attached also.

However, to make your job easier, any Sunni, Salafi-Wahabi book you want to verify any of our reference from, kindly visit this website:

http://library.islamweb.net/newlibrary/bookslist.php?subject=%CA%DD%D3%ED%D1%20%C7%E1%DE%D1%C2%E4

Re: Sahabi Mu'awiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan by AlBaqir(m): 12:14pm On Nov 04, 2017
MU'AWIYAH, THE IMAM OF QASITIN

After the first civil war, Battle of Jamal, which was won by the new Khalifa, 'Ali, the wounds and injuries sustained have not yet been healed when another rebellion broke out led by Mu'awiyah ibn Abi Sufyan, the Governor of Syria of the deposed Uthman's government. He sounded the horn of the second civil war against this new Government under the same slogan to "Avenge Uthman's murder/blood".

# All efforts to avert the war failed, and "Battle of Siffin" eventually broke out. Tens of hundreds died from this two opposing sides. Though Mu'awiyah and his group later backed down but he never paid allegiance to 'Ali ibn Abi Talib nor abdicate the governorship seat of Syria which Ali Ibn Talib had asked him to leave.

# What is very obvious on the murder of Uthman was that he was Murdered by his fellow SAHABAH which Mu'awiyah claimed were in the camp of Ali and the later refused to punish them. Hence, Mu'awiyah's reason to refused to [A]. Pay allegiance to Ali, [B]. Quit the seat of governorship of Syria, and [C]. Rebelled against Ali.

QUESTIONS:

1. Why would Mu'awiyah dare to raise up arms against a "Rightly Guided Khalifah"? Those sahabah who refused to pay Abubakr zakat were labeled by Ahlu Sunnah as "Apostates" because Ahlu Sunnah believed Abubakr was a "rightly guided Khalifah".

2. In terms of justice by following Qur'an and Sunnah, who does it better than Ali Ibn Talib?

FATE OF THOSE WHO WAR AGAINST ALI
The holy Prophet ordered Ali to fight three groups as they come out after him.

Imam Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr says:

" For these reports are sahih chains, which we have mentioned at their places. It is narrated in the hadith of ‘Ali, and the hadith of Ibn Mas’ud, and the hadith of Abu Ayub al-Ansari that he (‘Ali) was commanded (by the Prophet) to fight the oath-breakers, and the Qasitin and the apostates.

Source: Yusuf b. ‘Abd Allah b. Muhammad b. ‘Abd al-Barr, al-Isti’āb fī Ma’rifah al-Sahābah (Beirut: Dār al-Jayl; 1st edition, 1412 H) [annotator: ‘Alī b. Muhammad al-Bajāwī], vol. 3, p. 1117

* Ali only fought three wars during his reign:

1. With the Oath-breakers: Led by Talha, Zubair and Aisha in the battle of Jamal

2. The Qasitin: Led by Mu'awiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan

3. The Apostate: the Khawarij

WHY SHOULD ALI FIGHT THEM

Sheik Nasir din Al-Albani documents as Narrated by Abu Sa'id:

We were sitting, waiting for the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him. Then he came to us from the room of one of his wives.

So, we stood with him. But his shoe broke, and he appointed Ali to stay behind to repair it. Then, the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, walked and we walked with him. He (the Prophet (saw)) stood up, waiting for him (i.e. Ali) and we stood with him. Then he said: "There is among you one who will fight over the ta'wil (interpretation) of this Qur'an, just as I fought over its tanzil (revelation)."

Each of us wished it was him, and among us were Abu Bakr and Umar. But he (the Prophet (saw)) said: "No. He is only the repairer of the shoe" referring to Ali, may Allah be pleased with him. We went to him (i.e. Ali) to give him the good news. But he responded as though he had earlier heard it
."

Footnote: Hadith is Sahih (Authentic).

Ref: Al-Silsilah Al-Ahadeeth Al-Saheehah. Vol. 5, Pg. # 639 - 640, H. # 2487

The following are obvious from this Sahih hadith:

1. As the Prophet fought for the revelation of the Quran, so was Ali fought for its [Quran] interpretations.

2. Apparently only Ali knew the right interpretation of the Quran [both the Muhkamat (clear verses) and Mutashabihat (allegorical verses)] as opposed to those who fought him with whatever motivation and excuses they might have.

3. Quran talks about those who falsely interpret the Quran to cause fitnah [tribulations]. These are those with disease in their heart, Quran concluded {see surah al-Imran:7}.

Obviously the right of finding the killers (of Uthman), punishing the guilt and paying blood money (all according to Quran) is exclusively Ali's (the Caliph) not Mu'awiyah or anybody else.

4. Those who sincerely stood with Ali in these battle(s) were on the path of truth and guidance and those who fought them were on the path of falsehood and misguidance [opposing the right interpretation of the Quran]
Re: Sahabi Mu'awiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan by AlBaqir(m): 12:39pm On Nov 04, 2017
WHO WAS AMMAR IBN YASSIR’S KILLER?
Ammar ibn Yassir was one of the most prominent companions of the holy Prophet. He died at the age of 93 years in the second civil war (battle of Siffin) waged by Mu’awiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan. A prophecy surrounding his death worth mentioning.

Imam al-Bukhari (d. 256 H) records:

"Ikrimah - Ibn Abbas said to me and to his son Ali, "Go to Abu Sa'id and listen to what he narrates." So we went and found him in a garden looking after it. He picked up his garment, wore it and sat down and started narrating to us until he mentioned the construction of the mosque. Therefore, he said, "We were carrying one adobe at a time while Ammar was carrying two.

The Prophet, peace be upon him, saw him and started removing the dust from his body and said, "May Allah be merciful to Ammar. He (Ammar) will be murdered by a baghi group. He (Ammar) will be inviting them (i.e the baghi group) to paradise and they (i.e the baghi group) will be inviting him to HELL-FIRE... 'Ammar said, "I seek refuge with Allah from affliction."

Source: Sahih al-Bukhari (Beirut: Dar Ibn Kathir; 3rd ed., 1407 H) [annotator: Dr. Mustafa Dib al-Bagha], vol. 1, p. 172, # 436.

# This hadith is mutawatir (recurrently reported), as Imam Ibn 'Abd al-Barr (d. 463H) states:

The reports are mutawatir from the Prophet, peace be upon him, stating that he said, "Ammar will be murdered by a baghi (rebellious) group". This was one of his prophecies, and one of the proofs of his prophethood, peace be upon him, and it is one of the most authentic ahadith.

Source: al-Isti'ab fi Marifat al-Ashab, vol. 3, p. 1140 (Beirut: Far al-Jil; 1st edition, 1412H)

# Al-Hafiz Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani (d. 852H) also submits:

The ahadith are mutawatir from the Prophet, peace be upon him, that Ammar would be murdered by the baghi group, and they (the scholars) had a consensus that he (Ammar) was murdered on the side of Ali at Siffin.
Source: al-Isabah fi Tamyiz al-Sahabah, vol.4, p. 474, #5720}

MU'AWIYAH WAS THE BAGHI LEADER WHO MURDERED AMMAR

# Al-Hafiz Ibn Kathir (d. 774H) explains:

This was the murder of 'Ammar b. Yasir, may Allah be pleased with him, on the side of Amir al-Muminin ' Ali Ibn Abi Talib. He was murdered by the Syrian. From this, the secret of what the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, had predicted that he ('Ammar) would be murdered by baghi group became clear. It became clear from this that 'Ali was upon the Truth and Mu'awiyyah was a baghi person.

Ref: al-Bidayah wa al-Nihayah (Dar Ihya al-Turath al-Arabi; 1st edition, 1408H), vol. 7, p. 296

# Al-Hafiz Ibn Hajar agrees:

"The majority of the Ahl al-Sunnah are of the opinion that those who fought on the side of Ali were correct, based on His statement, "If two groups from the believers fight each other [Quran 49: 9]" and in it is an order to fight the baghi group. It is firmly established that those who fought against 'Ali were baghi people..."

PLAYING IJTIHAD CARD
Interestingly, Ibn Hajar ends his explanations (above) with the following:

"Yet, these people (i.e Sunnis), despite their condemnation (of the troops of Mu'awiyah) have a consensus that none of these people (i.e the baghi people) should be criticized. Rather, they (i.e Sunnis) say: They did ijtihad and made mistakes.

Source: Fath al-Bari Sharh Sahih al-Bukhari, vol. 13, p. 58

This is also the opinion of Imam an-Nawawi in Sahih Muslim bi Sharh al-Nawawi, vol.18, p. 40.

Whatever the case may be, there is consensus among Sunni Ulama that Mu'awiyah and his troops belong to the Baghi group who killed Ammar. In sha Allah, we shall examine their cobweb excuses for Mu’awiyah soon.

BAGHI GROUP ACCORDING TO QURAN

Quran reads:

"Verily, Allah commands you to do justice and kindness, and to give to kith and kin, and FORBIDS corrupt behaviours, evil deeds and AL-BAGHI (i.e being a baghi person or group). He admonishes you, that you may take heed" {Q.16:90}

With this noble verse, Mu'awiyah and his armies were an illegitimate group. And the clear statement of the Prophet
completely knocked out Sunni Ulama's flimsy excuse for Mu'awiyah, the holy Prophet clearly states: "...He (Ammar) will be murdered by a baghi group. He (Ammar) will be inviting them (i.e the baghi group) to paradise and
they (i.e the baghi group) will be inviting him to HELL-FIRE
..."

The fact that Muawiyah and his groups were callers to Hellfire cast a huge shadow over their Islamic credentials. This is because whenever anyone is addressed as "calling to Hellfire", it means that he is a Kafir (disbeliever).

'Allamah al-Uthaymin (d. 1421H) states: “(And We made them leaders calling to the Fire [Quran]), He (Allah) is referring to the leaders of Kuffar”. Ref: {Fatawa Nur 'ala al-Darb, vol. 31, p. 111

EXCUSE: DID MU'AWIYAH AND HIS BAGHI GROUP MADE MISTAKE?!
Majority of Mu'awiyah apologetics (as quoted above) are of the opinion that though he was the leader of the Baghi group but made mistakes in his Ijtihad (religious understanding and decision) therefore should not be criticized.

As per Mistakes, here's what our Lord says:

"Verily, Fir'aun and Haman and their soldiers were people who made mistakes"[Q.28:8]

"They said, "O our father! Ask forgiveness for our sins. Indeed we have been people who made mistakes [Q.12:97]
"We have believed in our Lord, that He may forgive us our mistakes."[Q.20:73]

The defense of mistakes can never work as a shield for culpability for crimes. Alright! Let us take it as a valid excuse (in opposition to the Quran and hadith), Mu'awiyah and his Baghi armies still have a lot to answer for. They murdered Ammar ibn Yassir and several other righteous soldiers of Ali ibn Abi Talib. Again let us be generous and say this Baghi group had mistakenly killed those pious people. Still, there is a clear provision for that in the Quran.

Allah says:

"And it does not behoove a believer to kill a believer except by mistake, and whoever kills a believer by mistake, he should free a believing slave, and blood-money should be paid to his people unless they remit it as alms; but if he be from a tribe hostile to you and he is a believer, the freeing of a believing slave (suffices), and if he is from a tribe between whom and you there is a convenant, the blood-money should be paid to his people along with the freeing of a believing slave; but he who cannot find (a slave) should fast for two months successively: a penance from Allah, and Allah is Knowing, Wise.

And whoever kills a believer intentionally, his punishment is hell; he shall abide in it, and Allah will send His wrath on him and curse him and prepare for him a painful chastisement.” [Q.4:92-93]

Even if you killed a believer by mistake, you must still seek "Allah's repentance" by setting free a slave for each of life
mistakenly killed, and pay compensation to the families of the deceased. If you were unable to do these, then you are to fast for two consecutive months (per head mistakenly killed). Without these there is absolutely no forgiveness for "mistake" killing of believers. For sure Mu'awiyah and his Baghi group never did any of these. How could they when the holy Prophet labeled them as "CALLER OF HELL and QASITIN"?!
Re: Sahabi Mu'awiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan by Demmzy15(m): 6:23pm On Nov 09, 2017
AlBaqir:
I will only respond to a bit sensible reply in your post.

Lol grin Abi you mean the loopholes you can bear, gimme another lie jare!

Imam Muslim documents says: "Mu'awiyah ibn Abi Sufyan ORDERED Sa'id..." (to curse Ali).

At all, even if we're to go with the translation using "ordered", then Mu'awiyah ordered the presence of Sa'd. He was the ruler, so he'll surely do that.

It is always my wish to post Arabic texts alongside its English translation but it usually leads to my ban by anti spam not.

Anyway, you will see the screenshot attached also.

However, to make your job easier, any Sunni, Salafi-Wahabi book you want to verify any of our reference from, kindly visit this website:

http://library.islamweb.net/newlibrary/bookslist.php?subject=%CA%DD%D3%ED%D1%20%C7%E1%DE%D1%C2%E4

This is a library containing book lists, I need you to provide us the sayings above. If you can't copy, please screenshot as you've done here. Also provide for this also:

The Khalīfahs from Banū Umayyah were like this … ALL OF THEM were Nāsibīs, except Imām ‘Umar the Pious: Mu’āwiyah then his son Yazīd, then his grandson Mu’āwiyah al-Sadīd; Marwān, then his son ‘Abd Al-Malik

Source: Abū al-Fidā ‘Imād al-Dīn b. Kathīr al-Qurshī al-Dimashqī, al-Bidāyah wa al-NIhāyah (1st edition, 1419 H) vol. 17, p. 375

EXTENT OF HATRED OF ALI IBN ABI TALIB BY BANU UMAYYAD (MU'AWIYAH'S CLAN) AND THE PEOPLE OF SHAM (SYRIA, WHERE MU'AWIYAH RULED)

1. In the book "Siyar A'alam al-Nubala", by Imam Dhahabi, vol. 5, al-Risala Institutions, page 101

Biography number 35, about " Ulai ibn Rabah."

He (Imam Dhahabi) says: "He is the Trustworthy Imam, Abu Musa al-Lakhmi al-Misri. He heard (Narrations) from Amr ibn al-Aas, Uqba ibn Aamir...Abi Qatadah al-Ansari,Abdullah ibn Umar and a group of companions."

Then he (Dhahabi) says on page 102:

"...and he is from the greatest scholars of the Tabi'ieen (those who met and narrate from the companions of the Prophet)."

Then Dhahabi says: "Abu Abdul-Rahman al-Muqri said whenever the Banu Umayyad would hear that a newborn was named Ali, they killed him. So when this reached Rabah (Ulai's father), he changed his son's name (from Ali to Ulai)"

2. In "Siyar A'alam al-Nubala", vol.10, page 400, Biography of " Allamah al-Hafiz al-Sadiq Abul-Hassan al-Madaini"

He says: "He came to Baghdad and put a classification and he was very good in biographies, battle stories, lineages, (stories of) Arab days and he was honest in what he said with a high (authentic) chain of narration".

Then on page 402, he (Dhahabi) says:

" Al-Madaini narrated that he entered upon Ma'moon and mentioned to him the narrations about Ali. So he (Ma'moon) cursed Banu Umayya.

Then I (al-Madaini) said that al-Muthanna ibn Abdullah al-Ansari said: I was in Sham (Syria) and I never heard the names of Ali nor Hassan (ibn Ali). But rather all I heard was Mu'awiyah, Yazeed, al-Waleed.

Then I went past a man standing at his door who said: Give him water 'O Hassan. I said: You named him 'Hassan?

So he said: My children are (called) Hassan and Hussein and Ja'far because the people of Sham (Syria) name their children after the names of the Caliphs of Allah, and then the man curses his son.

So I said: I thought you were the best from among the people of Sham, but I realised there will be nobody who is worse than you in Hellfire.

So, Ma'moon said: Never mind, that is why Allah curses their alive and dead people. He meant the Nawasib"

NB: Allahu Akbar. Imagine, this man and people of Sham used to named their sons Hassan and Hussein and Ja'far for the purpose of remembering and cursing Imam Hassan and Imam Hussain and Ja'far ibn Abi Talib.

And sorry for my late replies, I'm very busy
Re: Sahabi Mu'awiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan by AlBaqir(m): 7:45pm On Nov 09, 2017
Demmzy15:

At all, even if we're to go with the translation using "ordered", then Mu'awiyah ordered the presence of Sa'd. He was the ruler, so he'll surely do that.

grin You sa very desperate to defend your beloved Mu'awiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan. Indeed, you have to because hating or fighting or cursing or abusing Ali is synonymous to hating or fighting or cursing or abusing the Nabi. Unfortunately, Mu'awiyah left you with nothing to hold on to.

# What does Mu'awiyah commanded Sa'd ibn Abi Waqqas before asking: "What prevented you from CURSING Abu al-Turab (i.e 'Ali b. Abi Talib)?

In classical Arabic, this sentence structure was used why a direct order had been disobeyed, by the commander himself. An example of this is in Quran 38: 75: {“He said: O Iblis! what prevented you that you should do obeisance to him whom I created with My two hands? ”}. Allah ordered the angels to bow for Adam, and they all did except Iblis; hence, the question " What prevented you from...?"

# In that hadith, there was an explicit order to do something. We therefore, from Mu'awiyah's question, gathered that he ordered Sa'd ibn Waqqas to curse Imam Ali.

# Sheik Ibn Taymiyyah (d. 728 H) agrees when he says: As for the hadith of Sa'd, when Mu'awiyah commanded him to curse, and he refused, and he (Mu'awiyah) therefore said: What prevented you from cursing Ali ibn Abi Talib?...this hadith is Sahih (authentic), Muslim has narrated it"

Source: Minhaj al-Sunnah al-Nabawiyah (Muasassat Qurtubah, 1st edition 1406H) [annotator: Dr. Muhammad Rashad Salim ], vol.5, pg.42.

* Just hold yourself, there are more to post about Mu'awiyah.
Re: Sahabi Mu'awiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan by Demmzy15(m): 12:27pm On Nov 12, 2017
AlBaqir:

grin You sa very desperate to defend your beloved Mu'awiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan. Indeed, you have to because hating or fighting or cursing or abusing Ali is synonymous to hating or fighting or cursing or abusing the Nabi. Unfortunately, Mu'awiyah left you with nothing to hold on to.

No it should be, fighting and cursing the Sahabah is equivalent to cursing the Prophet(Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Salam), worst of all is when you miserable Shi'as now insult the wives of the Prophet(Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Salam).

# What does Mu'awiyah commanded Sa'd ibn Abi Waqqas before asking: "What prevented you from CURSING Abu al-Turab (i.e 'Ali b. Abi Talib)?

I've explained to you in my last post, I quoted Imam Al Nawawi's explanation. So go back and digest it, better still, you can beat your head so as it should enter.

In classical Arabic, this sentence structure was used why a direct order had been disobeyed, by the commander himself. An example of this is in Quran 38: 75: {“He said: O Iblis! what prevented you that you should do obeisance to him whom I created with My two hands? ”}. Allah ordered the angels to bow for Adam, and they all did except Iblis; hence, the question " What prevented you from...?"

Wrong!!! The analogy doesn't apply here as the word used in the Qur'an is absolutely different from what is used in the hadith.

# In that hadith, there was an explicit order to do something. We therefore, from Mu'awiyah's question, gathered that he ordered Sa'd ibn Waqqas to curse Imam Ali.

Mu'awiyah ordered Sa'd by asking him a question which of course was authoritative, at least use your sense, if he ordered him to curse and sa'd instead mentioned virtuous, why didn't Mu'awiyah punish him?

# Sheik Ibn Taymiyyah (d. 728 H) agrees when he says: As for the hadith of Sa'd, when Mu'awiyah commanded him to curse, and he refused, and he (Mu'awiyah) therefore said: What prevented you from cursing Ali ibn Abi Talib?...this hadith is Sahih (authentic), Muslim has narrated it"

Source: Minhaj al-Sunnah al-Nabawiyah (Muasassat Qurtubah, 1st edition 1406H) [annotator: Dr. Muhammad Rashad Salim ], vol.5, pg.42.

Can you complete the commentary by Ibn Taymiyyah for us, there's a missing gap. Why the "..."? sad
Re: Sahabi Mu'awiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan by AlBaqir(m): 12:56pm On Nov 12, 2017
Demmzy15:

No it should be, fighting and cursing the Sahabah is equivalent to cursing the Prophet(Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Salam), worst of all is when you miserable Shi'as now insult the wives of the Prophet(Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Salam).

# Hey yah! Sorry, the only documented Hadith is, "whoever cursed Ali has cursed me". If you have Hadith that says exactly the same for Sahabah, let see it. And even if you bring it, we shall ask you which of Sahabah: the saliheen or Munafiqun or both of them?

That of Ali is preceded by the Qur'an when Allah says to His Nabi, "anfusana (your soul)". Nabi in the Tafsir of the ayah present himself and Ali. Besides, Tirmidhi ( www.sunnah.com/Tirmidhi/49 ) documents yet another Hadith where Nabi says, " Ali is from me and I am from Ali, no one represent me except Ali".

* So, cursing or abusing Ali is cursing or abusing Nabi.

Demmzy15:

Wrong!!! The analogy doesn't apply here as the word used in the Qur'an is absolutely different from what is used in the hadith.

Toor. Kindly present it to your trusted Ustaz to educate you. It is the same question style as used in the said verse of the Qur'an.

Demmzy15:

Can you complete the commentary by Ibn Taymiyyah for us, there's a missing gap. Why the "..."? sad

# grin grin grin grin grin grin Sit down there they ask unnecessary question.

At least Ibn Taymiyyah the reknowed Nasibi even admitted to our submission. Here you are still dribbling your nafs in the quest to defend a qasit, a Nasibi, a Munafiq.
Re: Sahabi Mu'awiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan by Demmzy15(m): 3:19pm On Nov 12, 2017
AlBaqir:
[s]CURSING ALI ON THE PULPIT BY MU'AWIYAH'S GOVERNOR

1. Imam al-Suyuti documents:

Ibn Sa’d recorded that ‘Umayr b. Ishāq said: “Marwān (ibn al-Hakam) was a governor over us, and he used to CURSE ‘Alī every Friday on the pulpit.

Source: Abū al-Fadl Jalāl al-Dīn ‘Abd al-Rahmān b. Abū Bakr al-Suyūtī, Tārīkh al-Khulafā (Egypt: Matba’ah al-Sa’ādah; 1371 H) [annotator: Muhammad Muhy al-Dīn ‘Abd al-Hamīd], vol. 1, p. 166

2. Imam Abu Ya'la further documents:

Narrated Abū YaHyā:

I was between al-Husayn and al-Hasan and Marwān was cursing them both. As a result, al-Hasan held al-Husayn’s hand (to calm him). Then Marwān said: “The Ahl al-Bayt are accursed people!”

Thereupon, al-Hasan got angry and said: “Did you say the Ahl al-Bayt are accursed people? I swear by Allāh, Allāh has CURSED you through the tongue of His Prophet, peace be upon him, while you were still in the loins of your father
.” (Its chain is sahīh)

1404 H) [annotator: Husayn Salīm Asad], vol. 12, p. 135, # 6764

3. Imam Muslim again documents:

Narrated Sahl b. Sa'd:

A man from the family of Marwān was appointed as the governor of Madīnah. He called Sahl b. Sa'd and ORDERED him to curse ‘Alī. Sahl refused to do that. He (the governor) said to him: “If you do not agree to it (at least) say: ‘May Allāh curse Abū Turāb (i.e. ‘Alī)’”.

Sahl said: “There was no name dearer to ‘Alī than Abū Turāb and he felt delighted when he was called by this name

[annotator: Muhammad Fuād ‘Abd al-Bāqī], vol. 4, p. 1874, # 2409

NB: Although someone has played some tricks here to hide the name of that governor, it is obvious. Marwān b. al-Hakam was the only one from his family who was made a governor over Madīnah.

4. Imam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal also documents about another Sahabi who was very loyal to Mu'awiyah during his Khilafah:

Narrated ‘Abd Allāh b. Zālim:

Al-Mughīrah (ibn Shu'bah) delivered a sermon (in the mosque) and cursed ‘Alī. Sa’d b. Zayd went out (of the mosque) as a result and said: “Don’t you wonder at this one cursing ‘Alī, may Allāh be pleased with him?” (Sahīh li Ghayrihi)

Source: Abū ‘Abd Allāh Ahmad b. Hanbal al-Shaybānī, Musnad (Cairo: Muasassat al-Qurtuba) [annotator: Shu’ayb al-Arnaūt], vol. 4, p. 369, #19307[/s]

The thread is about Mu'awiyah(RadiAllaahu Anh) not Marwan or Al Mughirah, give us evidence of Mu'awiyah instructing them to curse Ali(RadiAllaahu Anh). Besides I showed in my previous posts of how some of Ali's followers cursed Mu'awiyah but neither of them were responsible.

# Imam Ibn Kathir summarised:

NNo Ibn Kathir but Rafidhis, I said give me an Arabic quote of this you're saying I should go and read the whole Islamic books of hadith and history. You really think I'm that jobless? grin

My friend, gimme what I asked you jor, pathetic miserable Rafidhi
Re: Sahabi Mu'awiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan by AlBaqir(m): 3:40pm On Nov 12, 2017
Demmzy15:

NNo Ibn Kathir but Rafidhis, I said give me an Arabic quote of this you're saying I should go and read the whole Islamic books of hadith and history. You really think I'm that jobless? grin

My friend, gimme what I asked you jor, pathetic miserable Rafidhi

# grin Hey yah, your blood pressure is up now and real frustration as set in.

Anyway, I have given you what you want since the very day you asked for it. Check the screenshot, Mu'awiyah's cousin.
Re: Sahabi Mu'awiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan by Demmzy15(m): 3:44pm On Nov 12, 2017
AlBaqir:

# Hey yah! Sorry, the only documented Hadith is, "whoever cursed Ali has cursed me". If you have Hadith that says exactly the same for Sahabah, let see it. And even if you bring it, we shall ask you which of Sahabah: the saliheen or Munafiqun or both of them?

Lol, antics of Shi'as, I'm not going to drag the issue of Sahabah with you. So you can keep slapping your wretched face, here's the hadith:

Whoever curses my Sahabah, may the curse of Allah, the angels and the entire humanity, be upon him.
Tabarani: al Mu`jam al Kabir vol. 12 Hadith no. 12709, Abu Nu`aym: Hilyah vol. 7 p. 103, Ibn Abi `Asim: Al Sunnah Hadith no. 1000

That of Ali is preceded by the Qur'an when Allah says to His Nabi, "anfusana (your soul)". Nabi in the Tafsir of the ayah present himself and Ali. Besides, Tirmidhi ( www.sunnah.com/Tirmidhi/49 ) documents yet another Hadith where Nabi says, " Ali is from me and I am from Ali, no one represent me except Ali".

We all know how it turns out at the end of the day, you're a full blown liar. This has been proven uncountlessly on this forum, I know your tactics, you want to make the discussion messy and clumsy. But I assure, it won't work here. I'm here for Mu'awiyah not all Sahabah!

Toor. Kindly present it to your trusted Ustaz to educate you. It is the same question style as used in the said verse of the Qur'an.

Lol!!! Have you presented it to those Tyre-head Matam Cash scammers you call "Ayattoilet"? Gtho!

# grin grin grin grin grin grin Sit down there they ask unnecessary question.

At least Ibn Taymiyyah the reknowed Nasibi even admitted to our submission. Here you are still dribbling your nafs in the quest to defend a qasit, a Nasibi, a Munafiq.

Stop praising yourself, you're yet to prove the above. I asked you a question, where is the remaining quote. Do us a favour, I bet you can't, your life is copy/paste.
Re: Sahabi Mu'awiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan by Demmzy15(m): 3:47pm On Nov 12, 2017
AlBaqir:

# grin Hey yah, your blood pressure is up now and real frustration as set in.

Anyway, I have given you what you want since the very day you asked for it. Check the screenshot, Mu'awiyah's cousin.
Blood pressure biti bawo? If I had blood pressure, I would have answered you the first day you opened the thread, I'm relaxed and I reply you at my free time. Right now, I'm reading, I just decided to play with you small. grin

SSo AlBaqir, I'm not so jobless that'll have to read volumes upon volumes of books for a crazy story you present. If you can't copy Arabic, screenshot and place it here. Is it too much to ask?
Re: Sahabi Mu'awiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan by AlBaqir(m): 4:14pm On Nov 12, 2017
Demmzy15:

Lol, antics of Shi'as, I'm not going to drag the issue of Sahabah with you. So you can keep slapping your wretched face, here's the hadith:

Whoever curses my Sahabah, may the curse of Allah, the angels and the entire humanity, be upon him.
Tabarani: al Mu`jam al Kabir vol. 12 Hadith no. 12709, Abu Nu`aym: Hilyah vol. 7 p. 103, Ibn Abi `Asim: Al Sunnah Hadith no. 1000

Demmzy15:

We all know how it turns out at the end of the day, you're a full blown liar. This has been proven uncountlessly on this forum, I know your tactics, you want to make the discussion messy and clumsy. But I assure, it won't work here. I'm here for Mu'awiyah not all Sahabah!

# For the record, you drag in sahabah to the issue. Kindly stop being a coward and take charge of your responsibility.

However, here's a direct link to "Mu'jam al-Kabir", kindly show us where the Hadith is there:
http://library.islamweb.net/newlibrary/display_book.php?ID=1&idfrom=1&idto=21202&bk_no=84

And prove the grading to us. Thanks.

# And again, does the bogus Hadith include the Munafiqun since they were 100% part of sahabah and Allah and His Nabi cursed them all? At least make use of your Aql for once.

Demmzy15:

Stop praising yourself, you're yet to prove the above. I asked you a question, where is the remaining quote. Do us a favour, I bet you can't, your life is copy/paste.

# grin grin At least I have exposed you severally where (websites that) you (and your brothers used to) copy-paste. Kindly expose albaqir where I used to copy-paste. For the record, this servant has written several articles and books.

# Anyway, like I said, if you need further verification on anything Sunni I posted, my sources/references are always detailed, to the extent of given links for people like you that have never seen hard copies. Therefore, stop begging me for silly question.
Re: Sahabi Mu'awiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan by AlBaqir(m): 4:19pm On Nov 12, 2017
Demmzy15:
Blood pressure biti bawo? If I had blood pressure, I would have answered you the first day you opened the thread, I'm relaxed and I reply you at my free time. Right now, I'm reading, I just decided to play with you small. grin

SSo AlBaqir, I'm not so jobless that'll have to read volumes upon volumes of books for a crazy story you present. If you can't copy Arabic, screenshot and place it here. Is it too much to ask?

# So, its all about playing, and you want me to do research(es) for you. I say, "La haola wala quwata illah billah.
Re: Sahabi Mu'awiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan by shaykhalislaam(m): 1:35pm On Feb 11, 2018
Praise be to Allah
Firstly:

The noble Sahaabi Mu‘aawiyah (may Allah be pleased with him) was one of the scribes who wrote down the Revelation; he was well known for forbearance, knowledge and virtue, and his achievements and good characteristics were many. And it is not permissible to cast aspersions upon him at all. He was one of the leaders of the Muslims who ruled on the basis of justice as much as he could. With regard to what happened during his time of turmoil and internal conflict, we should refrain from discussing it and should not talk about it on the basis of falsehood. We testify that all the Companions of the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) were good and virtuous; whoever among them tried to work things out and got it right will have a twofold reward, and whoever among them tried to work things out and got it wrong will have one reward.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Islamic Rulings On Dua And Amin / Contentment: A Good Quality Muslim Should Possess / Letter Of Condolence To US Ambassador To Libya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 198
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.