Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,097 members, 7,821,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

CISA And CISA Aspirants..come In! - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / CISA And CISA Aspirants..come In! (27427 Views)

CyberSecurity: GRC, CYSA+, AWS, CCSK, CCSP, CISSP, CISA, CRISC, CISM / Virtual Training on CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CEHv11 / Virtual Training on CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CCSP, CEH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CISA And CISA Aspirants..come In! by soho2911(m): 8:14pm On Feb 17, 2019
ladywealth:
good afternoon
I am currently a 400 level accounting student.
I came across CISA and CISM ..but I don't understand anything about it. I don't even know the need to have it
though I know it's a professional exam.
pls I need someone to help me out. thanks
If you are a 400 level accounting student I will say face your ACCA or ICAN. These exams are for IT students, in fact IT managers and they assume you have some knowledge of IT. These are not certificates that will get you and entrance job (to the best of my knowledge ) but take you from level 2 to 3..

Just my 2 cents.

2 Likes

Re: CISA And CISA Aspirants..come In! by soho2911(m): 8:22pm On Feb 17, 2019
opetobi:

Thanks for your post since 2017 it has been very helpful, exactly what I need at the moment. Please reply my PM, it is very important to me. Thanks.
I'm really not sure I saw a message from you..? Or have we already communicated ?
Re: CISA And CISA Aspirants..come In! by opetobi(m): 3:48pm On Feb 18, 2019
soho2911:

I'm really not sure I saw a message from you..? Or have we already communicated ?

Another PM sent.
Re: CISA And CISA Aspirants..come In! by soho2911(m): 9:33pm On Feb 18, 2019
opetobi:

Another PM sent.

Seen ....replied..

1 Like

Re: CISA And CISA Aspirants..come In! by Ziepinc: 7:38pm On Feb 19, 2019
soho2911:

If you are a 400 level accounting student I will say face your ACCA or ICAN. These exams are for IT students, in fact IT managers and they assume you have some knowledge of IT. These are not certificates that will get you and entrance job (to the best of my knowledge ) but take you from level 2 to 3..

Just my 2 cents.

Thank you for this thread. It’s exactly what I need at the moment. Please I need help. Before I knew of CISA I was studying for CCNA but I decided to give CISA a second thought since I have Bsc in Accounting. Do you think I should continue studying for CCNA or Switch to CISA?? Btw I have not been in the IT field before.
Re: CISA And CISA Aspirants..come In! by akj26(m): 11:35pm On Feb 19, 2019
Ziepinc:

Thank you for this thread. It’s exactly what I need at the moment. Please I need help. Before I knew of CISA I was studying for CCNA but I decided to give CISA a second thought since I have Bsc in Accounting. Do you think I should continue studying for CCNA or Switch to CISA?? Btw I have not been in the IT field before.

Switch to CISA. Let go CCNA.
Re: CISA And CISA Aspirants..come In! by soho2911(m): 11:55am On Mar 11, 2019
Hello Bro, While I do agree with AKJ that CISA is more regarded in the Nigerian Market than CCNA, there are some things to consider.

1. Let me speak from the perspective of someone who has worked as an IT officer, IT Support, gone though IT Operations and now does a bit of Auditing. CISA certification exam is not easy to pass. There are no dumps out there..there are sample exams for practice purposes but they will not be the same as those in the exam. Also even with my experience it was not an easy exam to pass. It assumes that its just reminding you of things that you have come across in real life. Seeing as you were considering doing CCNA I assume you like IT. CISA Assumes you have CCNP and will ask you questions based on that mindset. However we dey Naija there are ways to pass it.

2. CISA is More Expensive than CCNA...I'm Just saying..."Make Money no go enter bush"

3. CISA Requires 5 Years Experience. After passing the exams you will have to send proof of your 5 years experience to get certified. 1 year can go to your BSc. 2 years to IT Ops etc..without this you will not get your certificate. and any job you are applying for will ask you for certificate not whether you passed your exam...once again "I'm Just Saying"
Re: CISA And CISA Aspirants..come In! by soho2911(m): 11:17am On Apr 24, 2019
ISACA Lagos Chapter held its 2019 Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Saturday and elected new Board Members to manage the affairs of the Association for the next two years.

Mr. Olusola Odediran took over from Mr. Adeola Willoughby as the President of the Chapter while Mrs. Funmilola Odumuboni took over as the new Vice President.

Mr. Willoughby listed the achievements of his Board, including the relocation of the Chapter’s secretariat to its new and befitting location at 127, Obafemi Awolowo Way, Ikeja, obtaining the hosting rights for the 2020 Africa CACS, successful hosting of the 2019 Africa GRC Conference in collaboration with Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Nigeria, increased focus on hands-on skill-based training for members as well as improved social media presence and engagement. He thanked the Board and members of the Chapter for the support accorded to him during his tenure.

Mr. Odediran, in his own speech, solicited the support of members for the new Board stating that priority items for the new Board would include an increase in Chapter membership, increased collaboration with other ISACA Chapters in Nigeria and professional bodies, greater visibility and the successful hosting of the Africa CACS (ISACA Conference for the African region which will be held in Nigeria for the first time in 2020).

Other officers constituting the new Board of Directors of the Chapter include
Mrs. Blessing Jasper-Mbamara (Secretary),
Mrs. Clara Ikem (Assistant Secretary),
Mr. Michael Lana (Education Director),
Mr. Michel Ojih (Marketing Director),
Mr. Leke Akinpelu (Certification & Membership Director),
Yewande Ojikutu (Financial Secretary),
Temitope Braimah (Treasurer),
Mr. Samuel Adebayo (Government & Regulatory Advocacy Director)
Mr. Onyekachi Okoye (Research & Technical Director) and
Mr. Tokunbo Taiwo (Information & Branding Director).
[img]
isacalagos.jpg
[/img]

Regards,

Blessing Jasper-Mbamara

CISA, FCA, ACTI

Secretary

ISACA Lagos Chapter

Re: CISA And CISA Aspirants..come In! by jaklad(m): 5:55am On May 14, 2019
Hi Soho2911

Pls, kindly recommend a very good tutorial center for me, I need to write the exam in December.

Also, how do I become a member? So I can pay the exam fee applicable to members.

Thanks.
Re: CISA And CISA Aspirants..come In! by akj26(m): 6:09pm On May 14, 2019
jaklad:
Hi Soho2911

Pls, kindly recommend a very good tutorial center for me, I need to write the exam in December.

Also, how do I become a member? So I can pay the exam fee applicable to members.

Thanks.
Viserion training center is available to assist you with your CISA training. We are available in Abuja and online. The training will be at your own pace and time!

Call or WhatsApp 08167044626
Re: CISA And CISA Aspirants..come In! by kaze4blues(m): 6:50am On May 22, 2019
TheRealAdonye:
Anyone can write the exam and pass but to actually use the certification you must show that you have 5 years of IT Controls experience.

Does audit experience qualify one to use the certification? Or it's applications for job seeking is for individuals with IT control job experience?
Re: CISA And CISA Aspirants..come In! by TheRealAdonye(m): 6:10am On May 23, 2019
Substitutions and waivers of such experience, to a maximum of 3 years, may be obtained as follows:

A maximum of 1 year of information systems experience OR 1 year of non-IS auditing experience can be substituted for 1 year of experience.
60 to 120 completed university semester credit hours (the equivalent of an 2-year or 4-year degree) not limited by the 10-year preceding restriction, can be substituted for 1 or 2 years, respectively, of experience.
A bachelor's or master's degree from a university that enforces the ISACA-sponsored Model Curricula can be substituted for 1 year of experience. To view a list of these schools, please visit www.isaca.org/modeluniversities. This option cannot be used if 3 years of experience substitution and educational waiver have already been claimed.
A master's degree in information security or information technology from an accredited university can be substituted for 1 year of experience.
Exception: 2 years as a full-time university instructor in a related field (e.g., computer science, accounting, information systems auditing) can be substituted for 1 year of experience.

As an example, at a minimum (assuming a 2-year waiver of experience by substituting 120 university credits), an applicant must have 3 years of actual work experience. This experience can be completed by:

3 years of IS audit, control, assurance or security experience
OR

2 years of IS audit, control assurance or security experience and 1 full year non-IS audit or IS experience or 2 years as a full-time university instructor.

See link

kaze4blues:

Does audit experience qualify one to use the certification? Or it's applications for job seeking is for individuals with IT control job experience?

1 Like

Re: CISA And CISA Aspirants..come In! by kaze4blues(m): 7:12am On May 23, 2019
TheRealAdonye:
Substitutions and waivers of such experience, to a maximum of 3 years, may be obtained as follows:

A maximum of 1 year of information systems experience OR 1 year of non-IS auditing experience can be substituted for 1 year of experience.
60 to 120 completed university semester credit hours (the equivalent of an 2-year or 4-year degree) not limited by the 10-year preceding restriction, can be substituted for 1 or 2 years, respectively, of experience.
A bachelor's or master's degree from a university that enforces the ISACA-sponsored Model Curricula can be substituted for 1 year of experience. To view a list of these schools, please visit www.isaca.org/modeluniversities. This option cannot be used if 3 years of experience substitution and educational waiver have already been claimed.
A master's degree in information security or information technology from an accredited university can be substituted for 1 year of experience.
Exception: 2 years as a full-time university instructor in a related field (e.g., computer science, accounting, information systems auditing) can be substituted for 1 year of experience.

As an example, at a minimum (assuming a 2-year waiver of experience by substituting 120 university credits), an applicant must have 3 years of actual work experience. This experience can be completed by:

3 years of IS audit, control, assurance or security experience
OR

2 years of IS audit, control assurance or security experience and 1 full year non-IS audit or IS experience or 2 years as a full-time university instructor.

See link

Thank you
Re: CISA And CISA Aspirants..come In! by otokx(m): 2:29pm On May 23, 2019
Nice, rep ISACA Port Harcourt
Re: CISA And CISA Aspirants..come In! by TheRealAdonye(m): 8:18pm On May 25, 2019
Eventually wrote the CISA exam on Thursday and got a Preliminary pass.

Expecting official results in some days.

3 Likes

Re: CISA And CISA Aspirants..come In! by soho2911(m): 10:37am On Jun 06, 2019
How was it ....Gist us ....
TheRealAdonye:
Eventually wrote the CISA exam on Thursday and got a Preliminary pass.

Expecting official results in some days.
Re: CISA And CISA Aspirants..come In! by engrrichie92(m): 4:32pm On Jun 06, 2019
soho2911:
How was it ....Gist us ....

Bros...just sent you a PM
we need to talk ..

hint: in the middle of CISSP prep, I need you sir
Re: CISA And CISA Aspirants..come In! by soho2911(m): 10:08am On Jun 07, 2019
pas du problem
engrrichie92:

Bros...just sent you a PM
we need to talk ..

hint: in the middle of CISSP prep, I need you sir
Re: CISA And CISA Aspirants..come In! by soho2911(m): 8:09am On Dec 01, 2019
Hey where is everybody?

1 Like

Re: CISA And CISA Aspirants..come In! by abimijul1: 6:37pm On Jan 01, 2020
3 REASONS WHY EVERY ACCOUNTANT SHOULD BE CISA CERTIFIED

Which one be CISA again, we never finish ICAN una dey talk CISA.
Abeg I can’t fit to come and kill myself because of career advancement joor.

Hope that is not what’s on your mind right now?

CISA certification increases your value as an accountant in this ever-changing, complex and competitive business environment.

If for nothing…… for an added credibility.
Clients’ perception of an Accountant’s abilities and the value he can bring to their enterprises changed overnight because he is now CISA certified. The first thing he did after CISA certification was to re-contact those who had previously turned down his proposal, informing them that he is now CISA certified. Within five days of resending 70 proposals, he received 28 positive feedbacks.

These are some of the reasons every Accountant should be CISA Certified;

1. Adds broader perspective to business management:

Accountants no doubt are business professionals that fluently speak the language of business but, studying for and writing CISA exam would make you develop a unique business perspective. This certification also presents you with further knowledge in the area of auditing in computerized environment.

2. Keeps you updated on latest technological development and trends:

Accountants will add more value to businesses if they realize that technologies are now the single most important business enabler. Technology management is an invaluable skill that will do you tremendous good. As an accountant, you will be at the top of your business if you are well informed on the new developments of technological advancement.

3. Gaining both local and international network:

One of the benefits of becoming a CISA professional is the potential networking opportunity that you can get from the professional body. Imagine what your benefit would be if in addition to the professional network you have built within your accounting profession, you get further connection with IT industry leaders.

P.S: wondering how on earth you would be able to pass the CISA exams, don’t worry, our Comprehensive CISA video lecture is all you need.

Order the Comprehensive CISA Videos now!!

For details on CISA registration, exams, curriculum, training and to get CISA video lectures, Call Starry Gold Academy on 08062761209, 07038409243 or chat the admin on 08062761209 via WhatsApp.

Brought to you by Starry Gold Academy........

1 Like

Re: CISA And CISA Aspirants..come In! by cynthiacielgr: 10:51am On Feb 22, 2020
CyberSecurity: TOGAF, CEH, CYSA+, AWS, CCSK, CCSP, CISSP, CISA, CRISC, CISM / CISA And CISA
Re: CISA And CISA Aspirants..come In! by abimijul1: 8:07am On Mar 14, 2020
Why Employers Hire CISA Certified Employees

The Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) is an industry certification in the field of audit, security and control of information systems.

Attaining CISA certification is considered beneficial since it is accepted by employers worldwide and is often requested for IT audit and security information management positions.

Being CISA certified showcases your audit experience, skills and knowledge, and shows you are capable to assess vulnerabilities, report on compliance and institute controls within the enterprise.

That is not all.

A CISA certified person’s responsibilities is not just auditing control only, it also include the following;

Evaluating risk management practices

Evaluating the value of the IT control framework.

Evaluating IT policies, standards, processes and procedures within the organization.

Evaluating IT portfolio and resource management.

Evaluating business continuity and disaster recovery strategies.

Management and monitoring of IT personnel.

An interview conducted on companies who have employed CISA certified personnel shows that CISA employees:

Are highly qualified, experienced professionals.

Provide the enterprise with a certification for IT assurance that is recognized by
multinational clients, lending credibility to the enterprise.

Are excellent indicators of proficiency in technology controls.

Demonstrate competence in five domains, including standards and practices;
organization and management; processes; integrity, confidentiality and availability; and software development, acquisition and maintenance.

Demonstrate a commitment to providing the enterprise with trust in and value from your information systems.

Maintain ongoing professional development for successful on-the-job performance

P.S: Give your career a deserving edge by becoming CISA certified NOW.

Need useful information on preparing for the CISA exam? See details here
http://www.isaca.org/Certification/CISA-Certified-Information-Systems-Auditor/Prepare-for-
the-Exam/Pages/default.aspx

Need CISA Video Lecture? Call Starrygold on 08062761209, 07038409243 or chat the admin on 08062761209 via WhatsApp.

Re: CISA And CISA Aspirants..come In! by abimijul1: 7:50am On Mar 16, 2020
Certified Information System Auditor; The 7th Ranked ISACA Certification

ISACA’s CISA credential was seventh on the Global Knowledge list with an average salary of US$132,278. For more than 40 years, CISA has been considered the gold standard of certifications for IT audit, control and assurance professionals.

In 2019, the CISA job practice was updated to reflect new areas of emphasis, including the ability for CISA-certified professionals to perform technical security testing to identify potential threats and vulnerabilities, incorporate the use of data analytics tools and evaluate potential opportunities and threats associated with emerging technologies, regulations, and industry practices.

Remember, vacancies in the areas of IT security management, IT audit or IT risk management often ask for a CISA certification and since the exam tends to be associated with a high failure rate hence our resolve in bringing the CISA lecture to your doorsteps!

BENEFITS:

* CISA Certification

* Confirms your knowledge and experience

* Quantifies and markets your expertise

* Demonstrates that you have gained and maintained the level of knowledge required to meet the dynamic challenges of a modern enterprise

* Is globally recognized as the mark of excellence for the IS audit professional

* Combines the achievement of passing a comprehensive exam with recognition of work and educational experience, providing you with credibility in the marketplace.

* Increases your value to your organization

* Gives you a competitive advantage over peers when seeking job growth

* Helps you achieve a high professional standard through ISACA’s requirements for continuing education and ethical conduct

So what are you waiting for? All you need is our Comprehensive CISA video training to scale through in the June Diet CISA exam

Remember, registration for the June Diet CISA exam is still on-going!

A trial will convince you!

Order the Comprehensive CISA Video training package now!!

For details on CISA registration, exams, curriculum, training and to get CISA video lectures, Call Starry Gold Academy on 08062761209, 07038409243 or chat the admin on 08062761209 via WhatsApp.

Re: CISA And CISA Aspirants..come In! by abimijul1: 11:54am On Mar 23, 2020
Be Relevant Even In The Midst Of Technological Advancement.

Recently I read an article on how technology will replace most of our jobs and
I felt I should share it with you.
“The Future of Work and The Work of The Future... A Presentation by OlufunkeAmobi, Country Head, Human Capital, Stanbic IBTC. Compiled by 'KunleAjayi, Co-founder Enterprise Innovation Laboratory.
The future of work is already upon us and it is clearly defined by Technology. This implies that the work or Jobs of the future belongs to those who can maximize and explore modern Technologies to their advantage. By the year 2025, which is just about few years from now, a lot of jobs would have been taken over by Technology, because the rapid transformation experienced in the world in the last fifty years is six times more than that experienced in the thousands of years of world existence. This means that there are bound to be job losses. But the good news is that, there would be so much more jobs... Only for those who are prepared for it.”

This is the summary of the article and I want you to pay attention to it;

“By the year 2025, Creativity skills would be 260% demanded, Presentation skills would be just 110% demanded while Digital Literacy skills would be 680% demanded. Therefore, you need to learn new skill or improve on your existing skill. Do take note, that 70% of the jobs of the Future would be Enterprise Skills!
Finally, look for skills that would make people keep knocking on your door.”

If you are reading this article and you are not proficient in a skill or you don’t know which skill to specialize on, see suggestions below;

• SAGE 50
• SAGE Pastel Evolution
• QuickBooks
• Tally ERP
• Financial Modelling
• Audit Command Language
• Advance Excel
• Project Management

P.S: The fact is even if technology would take over jobs, it might still require humans to operate the technology (machine or application).Just like an Accountant needs to understand how to use SAGE 50, so that the right data will be placed in the right place for the SAGE 50 application to complete the task.

Need Practical Video Training?
Call Starry Gold Academy on
08062761209, 07038409243 or chat the admin on 08062761209 via WhatsApp for your practical video training on any of the Accounting packages or all 19 in 1 package.

P. S: Technology will continue to advance, only those who learn the relevant skill will be able to use the technology

Re: CISA And CISA Aspirants..come In! by Nobody: 8:18pm On Mar 29, 2020
Turn the lock-down to a blessing by adding to your certifications/knowledge base.
For the period of this lock-down,we are offering the CISA training at massive discount.
The Certified Information Systems Auditor(CISA) certification is one of the gateway certifications into the global world of Information Security/Auditing.
Our next online class starts on 4th April,2020.
Register at a discounted price of N40,000.
Benefits:
247 Access to your tutor and materials;
The Facilitator has one of the highest scores in the world in 2007 and has extensive field experience;
The Facilitator is one of the expert reviewer of the 27th Edition of the CISA Review Manual;
The Facilitator is the pioneer of online CISA training in Nigeria;
You can attend your weekend outings and attend the class at a time of your choice;
Access to audit programs for your information systems audit engagements;
To register,send WhatsApp message to 08033587126 or email info@royalwayconsulting.com
Best Regards,
Akinwale Akindiya ACA, CISA
Re: CISA And CISA Aspirants..come In! by Niini20(f): 2:30am On Mar 30, 2020
How long is the course and is it recognized by Wes?

divinepen:
Turn the lock-down to a blessing by adding to your certifications/knowledge base.
For the period of this lock-down,we are offering the CISA training at massive discount.
The Certified Information Systems Auditor(CISA) certification is one of the gateway certifications into the global world of Information Security/Auditing.
Benefits:
The Facilitator has one of the highest scores in the world in 2007 and has extensive field experience;
The Facilitator is one of the expert reviewer of the 27th Edition of the CISA Review Manual;
You can attend your weekend outings and attend the class at a time of your choice;
To register,send WhatsApp message to 08033587126 or email info@royalwayconsulting.com
Best Regards,

Re: CISA And CISA Aspirants..come In! by abimijul1: 8:05am On Mar 31, 2020
WHY ACCOUNTANTS SHOULD LEARN HOW TO USE SAGE 50

This is not a question of placing the knowledge of SAGE 50 ahead of your OND, B.Sc or being a Chartered Accountant. It is more of you understanding the TOOLS you need to work with as an Accountant, so there is no basis for comparing.

My friend’s son, Joshua who just finished his NYSC program, told me that he had gone for more than four different interviews for the post of an Accountant but could not get the jobs because the interviewers always asked if he is proficient in the use of SAGE 50.

The last company he went for interview even gave him the opportunity to go and learn SAGE 50 for 3 weeks and come back for practical interview.

Joshua asked “I have SSCE, B.Sc and now a Chartered Accountant but why are the companies focusing more on SAGE 50?”

My answer was that- SAGE 50 is the application that most companies use for their daily accounting task.

SAGE 50 is just an application that is used for accounting purposes,so if you must work with those companies, you must learn how to use SAGE 50”

Though there are other alternative accounting applications apart from SAGE 50, since most companies in Nigeria use SAGE 50 accounting application for their accounting task… You just need to follow the trend if you must be relevant as an Accountant.

JUST A QUICK INFO ON SAGE 50

Sage 50 is positioned as easy-to-use desktop accounting software for growing small businesses, but is scalable to perform big business accounting. It includes standard accounting such as: accounts payables and accounts receivable; bill payments and cash flow management.

OVERVIEW OF SAGE 50 BENEFITS

Here are the main Sage 50 benefits:
• It goes beyond accounting and includes essential business operations.
• It has basic accounting modules and useful modules, processing and inventory management and reporting and a customizable dashboard for quick access to important data.
• It has automatic backup, which is critical to protect your numbers.
• Compatible with other Sage products and can be scaled to match your business growth.
• Features automatic accounting checks.

READY TO LEARN SAGE 50 EVEN IF YOU ARE ALWAYS BUSY?

Call Starry Gold Academy on 08062761209, 07038409243 or chat the admin on 08062761209 via WhatsApp to get all SAGE 50 Video Training NOW

You will get this Software for FREE
• SAGE 50 software (for multiple systems)

P.S: Take a deep breath, savor it, and plunge forward. Do not allow yourself a moment of doubt. Follow your instinct and learn how to use SAGE 50 right now.

Re: CISA And CISA Aspirants..come In! by kaze4blues(m): 3:26am On Apr 01, 2020
divinepen:
Benefits:
Best Regards,

What is the duration of the online training?
Re: CISA And CISA Aspirants..come In! by Nobody: 7:08pm On Apr 05, 2020
Niini20:
How long is the course and is it recognized by Wes?

Ten weekends. CISA is globally recognized.
Our online CISA boot camp takes place on April 13 -17 ,2020.Cost is N50,000.
Send me WhatsApp on 08033587126

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is NLNG The Highest Paying Oil And Gas Firm In Nigeria? / I Just Lost My Job !!! / We Earn More Than Bank Workers –FCT Cab Drivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.