Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,580 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

Please Reply Was This Girl Right To Do What She Did? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Reply Was This Girl Right To Do What She Did? (2595 Views)

Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? / Man Catches His Wife In A Hotel With Man, Says "I Have The Right To Kill You" / Woman Pours Bucket Of Water On Her Daughter After She Did The 'Faint Dance' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Reply Was This Girl Right To Do What She Did? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Oct 20, 2017
I am a female by the way

There is a girl I always admired she is 4 years older than me

I always looked up to her and thought she was amazing: beautiful, intelligent, hard working etc

When I saw her in Facebook I was scared to add her
However, I decided to add her and send a message saying "congratulation on your graduation " - she ignored me and after a long request rejected my add. I did not have a profile picture at the time but I had my name and we had a mutual friend. I was shocked so I added her again but she rejected me again.

I was confused but moved on with my life. I met her a year later as I was asked by her mum to be aseobi for wedding and I said yes. I met her and she was friendly and smiling, and tried to hug me but I was friendly and smiling but did not really hug as I felt why should I hug someone that doesn't think.I'm worthy enough to be their friend on Facebook. My mum asked her.if she knew.me and she said yes...

Anyways, I moved on and gave her benefit of doubt, its not by force to accept someone in facebook. I was aseobi at her wedding.
I later sent her another message on Facebook saying hello Mrs ademola, how are you? And she replied "all is well. You?" I said fine and she did not reply again.. No thank you for taking the day off work/school and sewing clothes to be aseobi, she sounded so blunt

I did not contact her again for a few years.. But then someone close to me died and because she also went through a similar thing a long time ago I sent her a message saying what happened to me "hi, my sister died etc.." She saw the message and just did not reply.

What did I did to deserve this from my role.model? She seems wicked.
Re: Please Reply Was This Girl Right To Do What She Did? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Oct 20, 2017
First off, everyone mustn't be your friend. Personally, you may know me facially or we may have had few interactions but that doesn't mean we must be friends. Some people are better off left as acquaintants.

From the attitude she showed, you already had an idea of whom you were dealing with but you ignored.

Just a word of advise, in case of next time, take invites from the host directly to save yourself of embarrassment. If she wanted you among her Asoebe girls, she would have gotten intouch with you personally. Lastly, in whatever you do, have some dignity.

10 Likes

Re: Please Reply Was This Girl Right To Do What She Did? by ElsonMorali: 3:17pm On Oct 21, 2017
As a matter of principle If you send a friend request and you don't have your picture in your profile or No personal pictures at all, (in Rita Dominic's voice) OYO is your case.

Too many scammers out there to just add some random fella.

Besides, If you actually have your pics and She's still snubbing you, then she shouldn't be your role model. Look for another one who isn't stuck up and snobbish.

1 Like

Re: Please Reply Was This Girl Right To Do What She Did? by serenegroup(m): 6:28pm On Oct 21, 2017
I feel your pain madam. pls for the love of yourself please look for a new role model. your case is like a gal forcing her self on a guy who doesn't like her and needs to move on to another man that would love her and value her attention. leave that woman who is not worthy of the name role model to you. my opinion.
Re: Please Reply Was This Girl Right To Do What She Did? by Cuddlebugie(f): 6:41pm On Oct 21, 2017
Your supposed role model doesn't give a rat a$$ about you, so, stop trying to impress her/make her like you. It's energy zapping. You want to be happy in life? Quit trying to impress other people. It just doesn’t work, it has never worked and it never will work.
Why do you need someone with an unapologetic air of superiority as a role model anyways? Be your own role model, girl.

1 Like

Re: Please Reply Was This Girl Right To Do What She Did? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 21, 2017
1. Stop posting this everywhere on NL.

2. Stop messaging her on FB.

3. Be your own role model.

2 Likes

Re: Please Reply Was This Girl Right To Do What She Did? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 21, 2017
Your behavior is creepy.
Must she accept everyone as her friend on or offline??
Is she also obliged to invite you to her birthday parties?
Re: Please Reply Was This Girl Right To Do What She Did? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 21, 2017
Mindfulness:
Your behavior is creepy.
Must she accept everyone as her friend on or offline??
Is she also obliged to invite you to her birthday parties?

What is creepy about it

2 Likes

Re: Please Reply Was This Girl Right To Do What She Did? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Oct 21, 2017
babaolowo1000:

What is creepy about it

The fact that you do not know how to respect someone's boundaries.
Re: Please Reply Was This Girl Right To Do What She Did? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 21, 2017
Mindfulness:

The fact that you do not know how to respect someone's boundaries.

How...?
So you r in support of the behaviour
Re: Please Reply Was This Girl Right To Do What She Did? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 21, 2017
babaolowo1000:

How...?
So you r in support of the behaviour

I am in support of you getting professional help.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Reply Was This Girl Right To Do What She Did? by Cuddlebugie(f): 6:57pm On Oct 21, 2017
Mindfulness:

1 Like

Re: Please Reply Was This Girl Right To Do What She Did? by Humanistme: 7:27pm On Oct 21, 2017
Mindfulness:

holy shìt! you are too blunt its not fair. you have shattered what left of her fragile heart.
Re: Please Reply Was This Girl Right To Do What She Did? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 21, 2017
Mindfulness:

You just want to do guy
Correct me na
Wetin i do wrong
Re: Please Reply Was This Girl Right To Do What She Did? by sisisioge: 7:52pm On Oct 21, 2017
Oh shoot! What's so difficult in leaving her alone forever or simply telling her to her face you do not like her offhandy ways with you? Stop feeling so special, she might not know you were a remote admirer...life is too short to be too serious.

By the way, ever considered she might have thought you're a guy? Babaolowo kinda stint wink
Re: Please Reply Was This Girl Right To Do What She Did? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 21, 2017
sisisioge:
Oh shoot! What's so difficult in leaving her alone forever or simply telling her to her face you do not like her offhandy ways with you? Stop feeling so special, she might not know you were a remote admirer...life is too short to be too serious.

By the way, ever considered she might have thought you're a guy? Babaolowo kinda stint wink

She knows me
Re: Please Reply Was This Girl Right To Do What She Did? by yemmit90: 8:06pm On Oct 21, 2017
babaolowo1000:

She knows me
Can you please tell us what exactly do you want gangan from this woman?
Re: Please Reply Was This Girl Right To Do What She Did? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 21, 2017
yemmit90:

Can you please tell us what exactly do you want gangan from this woman?

Is her behaviour good
Re: Please Reply Was This Girl Right To Do What She Did? by sisisioge: 8:10pm On Oct 21, 2017
babaolowo1000:

She knows me

Toooh, biko leave her alone. Find your mentor go front. In a few years when you must have climbed higher on the success triangle, she would wanna be associated with you. For now, face front, don't get waylaid by an undeserving fellow. Really, life is absolutely too short to be too serious.

1 Like

Re: Please Reply Was This Girl Right To Do What She Did? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 21, 2017
sisisioge:

Toooh, biko leave her alone. Find your mentor go front. In a few years when you must have climbed higher on the success triangle, she would wanna be associated with you. For now, face front, don't get waylaid by an undeserving fellow. Really, life is absolutely too short to be too serious.

That's fine and what I plan to do.

But do u agree with her behavior?
Re: Please Reply Was This Girl Right To Do What She Did? by sisisioge: 8:23pm On Oct 21, 2017
babaolowo1000:

That's fine and what I plan to do.

But do u agree with her behavior?

No hun, I do not agree with her behavior. Now, does that resolve the matter within you? grin

So sorry about your sister by the way, may God continue to lighten the hearts of your folks and yours. It is well.
Re: Please Reply Was This Girl Right To Do What She Did? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 21, 2017
sisisioge:

No hun, I do not agree with her behavior. Now, does that resolve the matter within you? grin

So sorry about your sister by the way, may God continue to lighten the hearts of your folks and yours. It is well.

R u just saying u don't agree to make I shottoop b sincere

I'm an athiest now.
Re: Please Reply Was This Girl Right To Do What She Did? by sisisioge: 8:34pm On Oct 21, 2017
babaolowo1000:

I'm an athiest now.

grin grin grin grin grin

Now are you seeing the irony of this simple matter? Imagine you barraging the poor aunty with plenty talks like this, why she no go dey avoid your matter?

Oya begin practice the "I-don't -wanna-be-in-your-face" attitude immediately. Good luck darling.
Re: Please Reply Was This Girl Right To Do What She Did? by yemmit90: 8:40pm On Oct 21, 2017
babaolowo1000:

Is her behaviour good

Why did you think her behavious is not good?

If someone ignored you twice, the right thing to do as an adult is to let them be especially if they're not ready to change their perspectives about you.

Never give anyone who's not feeding or clothing you any reason to ridicule you.
Re: Please Reply Was This Girl Right To Do What She Did? by yemmit90: 8:43pm On Oct 21, 2017
babaolowo1000:

I'm an athiest now.
I doubt if you are a genuine atheist because you are too emotional to be one.
Re: Please Reply Was This Girl Right To Do What She Did? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 21, 2017
yemmit90:

I doubt if you are a genuine atheist because you are too emotional to be one.

I wasa christian
But after my sister died what am I.doing with God again
Re: Please Reply Was This Girl Right To Do What She Did? by Cuddlebugie(f): 9:05pm On Oct 21, 2017
Op is a troll. Oniranu oshi cheesy.
Re: Please Reply Was This Girl Right To Do What She Did? by yemmit90: 9:16pm On Oct 21, 2017
babaolowo1000:

I wasa christian
But after my sister died what am I.doing with God again

So sad. well, every athiest has one or two circumstances that led them to their present believes.

What many of us fail to understand is that, we are like every other animal, the only difference is our rationality.

Spirit/Gods may actually exist but not intervene in our affairs due to freewill given to us.

Religion gives hope, peace of mind, as well as sense of belonging. It give us the ability to meditate on various matters concerning our existence. Therefore my sister,it is good to be a rational thinker like "St Augustine" than being an atheist.
Re: Please Reply Was This Girl Right To Do What She Did? by EfemenaXY: 11:13pm On Oct 21, 2017
babaolowo1000:

Is her behaviour good

Is yours better?
Re: Please Reply Was This Girl Right To Do What She Did? by EfemenaXY: 11:14pm On Oct 21, 2017
Mindfulness:

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Please Reply Was This Girl Right To Do What She Did? by Ahamefuna0001(m): 12:13am On Oct 22, 2017
Cuddlebugie:
Your supposed role model doesn't give a rat a$$ about you, so, stop trying to impress her/make her like you. It's energy zapping. You want to be happy in life? Quit trying to impress other people. It just doesn’t work, it has never worked and it never will work.
Why do you need someone with an unapologetic air of superiority as a role model anyways? Be your own role model, girl.

I love your charisma.

BTW Beautiful dp

1 Like

Re: Please Reply Was This Girl Right To Do What She Did? by Cuddlebugie(f): 6:56am On Oct 22, 2017
Ahamefuna0001:

I love your charisma.

BTW Beautiful dp

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senator Yerima And His 13 Year Old Bride / Meet Obama's Blood Brother,George Obama Who Is A Hopeless Drunk / Good News! A Natural Way Out Of Emotional Impact Of Diabetes On Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.