Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,941 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

The Law Of Works - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Law Of Works (436 Views)

Jobs Transition From The Righteousness Of Works To That Of Faith. / It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit / Make Up Your Minds Christians, Is The Law Done Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Law Of Works by dBeinning(m): 2:11am On Oct 21, 2017
Rom 3:27 Where is BOASTING then? It is excluded. By what law? OF WORKS? Nay: but by the law of faith.

For one to fully understand and tap into the fullness of what Grace is, and provides, we must or should at least understand what "The law of works" is.

The first and foremost thing one should know about "The law of works" is that it is a contract or covenant entered into based on a reward system in which the rewards could be accessed only when the full term of work is met.

Here is the contracts of the law of works according to scripture:

Deut 28:1 And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do ALL HIS COMMANDMENTS which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:

Deut 27:26 Cursed be he that confirmeth not ALL the words of this law to do them. And all the people shall say, Amen.

Gal 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in ALL THINGS which are written in the book of the law to do them.

See, it is all or nothing in this system. If you can't meet up with all, you are cursed(no reward), it doesn't matter how nearly you came close. If your neighbor met 10% and you 99.999%, you both are still on the same boat as much as this system is concerned. It is difficult to imagine right? Well look at it here in the Word,

Jas 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in ONE point, he is guilty of ALL.

So if you are a 1 or a 99 in this system you are intrinsically the same, Fallen Short!

I have always wondered why some people are so full of themselves that they actually believe there can qualify or attain to the demands of the law on their own, without Christ, knowing fully well that the Word says in James 4:17 that, " Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin."

The bible says "rejoice evermore[every when, i.e. at all times]", so if I am to interpret the above passage of the bible, the very fact that one fails to rejoice always after seeing this in the Word of God, is sin; because it says, "to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin."

See, on this system, you will always fall short; don't waste your time. For " For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" Rom 3:23.

You can't attain to this on your own. That is why God, who is the perfect one had to come in the flesh to attain to this by Himself, on our behalf.

So the "law of work" is a covenant or a contract between the Perfect God and imperfect humanity(his creations), in which man came infinitely short. But the "law of faith(which I will talk about on another post)" is a covenant or contract between God and Himself(i.e. Jesus Christ) in which we are only a beneficiary(an heir or inheritor) by faith. Which do you prefer?

Here is a secret about works and faith, they are the same thing. Have you ever seen from the bible terms such as"works of the law" and "works of faith"? Haven't you took notice that there are the same thing but applied differently. yes the difference is in application based on an understanding or a mindset.

Works of the law does the commandment to attain to some kind perfection or right standing with God, whereas works of faith had already attained by faith in Christ a right standing with God but is now fulfilling or bearing fruits of what is already attained.

Look at this. If a man that is under the law lies not or steals not, he does this to attain to right standing with God(self righteousness). But if a man of faith under grace lies not or steals not, he does it not to attain to right standing with God but as one fulfilling or acting out who he now is in Christ(which is , Righteous; 2Cor 5:21).

The one in Christ no longer have to obey a set of "do's" and "don'ts", he has liberty. If he performs righteous acts and deeds according to the word of God, he is doing it because he is the Word. He is born of the Word, so he is the Word; so he is only acting or showing forth who he is by nature.

1Pet 1:23 Being BORN AGAIN, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by THE WORD OF GOD, which liveth and abideth for ever.

1John 3:9 Whosoever is BORN OF GOD[the Word] doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1Cor 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

The one in Christ is one with Christ. So if Christ is the Word(John 1:14), then the one born of Christ is also the Word.

So when a believer do the Word, he is showing forth, displaying his through nature. But the one in legalism, under the law is doing basically the same thing, but without power and with struggle; and the end death (Gal 3:10-12).

Where you blessesd?

Confess this: I acknowledge that I am dead by the deeds of the law but alive only in Christ, therefore today I confess you Jesus as the Christ and I believe in my heart that God raised you from the dead, therefore I am now saved in You. Hallelujah!

~for more read: https://graceunpacked..com.ng/~
Re: The Law Of Works by Goshen360(m): 2:59am On Oct 21, 2017
andreweb:
their is something i will like to say to you Op but i reserve my comment for now

Go ahead and say it so we all can contribute

(1) (Reply)

How Do You View The Future? / Texas Pastor Among 140 Sh*theads Caught In Prostitution Sting Operation!!! / Why Most Of The World Need A Good Theology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.