Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,155 members, 7,953,588 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:56 PM

The Law Of Faith - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Law Of Faith (385 Views)

It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit / Faith And David Oyedepo During Their Courtship Days (Throwback Photo) / Ex-christians Now Atheists, What Was The Craziest Thing You Did Out Of Faith? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Law Of Faith by dBeinning(m): 2:22am On Oct 21, 2017
Rom 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by THE LAW OF FAITH.

Faith takes a disposition to what it believes. Bible faith is simply aligning, with corresponding action to what one has believed from the Word.

Faith is according to the Word, is, the fulfillment(or enforcing) of what had already been said or spoken concerning a matter by acting on it.

So if the promise of God as seen from scripture says you shall live and not die, faith then comes in a situation that would have warranted death and preserve the life, fulfilling that scripture.

So it is also with receiving the person of Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and what His finished works has provided after His sufferings, death, burial and resurrection. Every in the Word can only be received by faith.

This is a Word of promise from scripture for example,

Gen 22:18 And IN THY SEED shall ALL the nations of the earth be BLESSED; because thou hast obeyed my voice.

and this is how the law of faith concerning that promise after it fulfillment in Christ would respond:

Rom 10:9 That IF THOU SHALT CONFESS with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and SHALT BELIEVE in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, THOU SHALT BE SAVED.

In a nut shell this is what the "Law of Faith" is: it is seeing or hearing about the goodness of God in His promises towards us and the blessings and power supplied by the works of Christ(Grace), believing or trusting in Him in that light and then, taking a disposition to that effect to appropriate it to your circumstances.

In fact for the new testament believer, there is only a few promises left(to be received or revealed on the Lord's day), every other thing has been given to us in Christ already. This a whole other teaching, so look out for it. For now see Eph 1:3,11; 2Pet 1:3-4.

From all these you will see that believing is just a part; but taking a disposition in alignment to what we claim to believe makes it perfect; Rom 10:9 reveals this. It said, "... if thou shalt confess with thy mouth..., and shall believe". The passage is saying you don't believe alone(talking about "position"wink, but to confess also(talking about disposition).

Believing without corresponding action is lifeless faith as seen in James 2:20, "... faith[believing] without works[corresponding action] is dead". Believing in the other hand, with corresponding action, that is taking a disposition with it, is living faith. Perfect faith, as also seen in James 2:22, "seest thou how faith[believing] wrought with his works, and by works[corresponding action] was faith made perfect?".

I really want you to see this. This is not works, it is the law of faith; how faith works. So don't misunderstand this and slip into works. As I said in a previous post, faith and works are flip sides of the same coin. But there is a difference.[check out that post].

In a subsequent post, I will teach about the various dispositions faith takes.

Here is where legalistic or those who trust in their works miss the whole thing. They see and hear of the same promises and blessings provided by the finished works of Christ, but instead of receiving by faith(i.e. trusting in His Grace and then taking a disposition), they go about showing to God their records of good works in other to get God to give them this promises, bypassing totally or partially(equally disastrous) the place of faith in Christ who is the provider of this thins. By so doing negating the Grace of God in their life.

Gal 5:4 Christ is become of NO EFFECT unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; YE ARE FALLEN FROM GRACE.

Rom 9:32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

Whoever is bypassing faith in Christ and establishing their own righteousness, is stumbling over the stumbling block, Christ Jesus who was to be their salvation,

Rom 9:33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Get out of your own way and trust in Jesus alone. Stop trusting in the amount of giving you do, the hours of prayer and fasting you engage in, neither your commitment to a local church . Never catch yourself saying, "Lord am I not faithful in doing such and such where are the results, where are the blessings?" In as much as there are rewards for faithfulness, it is disobedience to the law of faith to trust in your faithfulness; because what you are actually do is choking your seeds sown by such statements.

If ever you understand this you will stop making such statements(so check out my teaching on "The Law of Sowing and Reaping"wink.

We are only to trust in the finished works of Christ, not ours.

Whatever we do for God should come from a position of love. And this can only be achieved by the faith of Christ in us.

It is critical we fully understand this because as humans we always tilt to a performance based system, where we have earn every thing that comes to us or as Andrew Wommack will fondly put it, "were we get all we can, can all we get and then seat on the can". This system does not fly with God in the new covenant. He has given us all things to enjoy that pertains to life and godliness, that all we need to do it just believe Him for them and receive them.

No more are we expected to work for the blessings of God as in the old covenant.

So stop trying to attain to what had already been provided in Christ, by your own efforts. Just rest in the warmth of His embrace and see faith supplied to you from every direction to receive from the abundance of His Grace.

Quit "Doing" and start "Being".

Where you blessed?

Confess this: I believe in my heart that God raise up Jesus Christ from the dead, and today I confess Him as my Lord and Savior. Therefor the scripture that says, "whosoever believeth on the Lord Jesus Christ shall not be put to shame" becomes true in my Life; in Jesus name, Amen.

~for more read: https://graceunpacked..com.ng/~

1 Like

Re: The Law Of Faith by Goshen360(m): 7:26am On Oct 21, 2017
.....especially faith IN THE FINISHED WORKS OF CHRIST....

Thank you sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Law Of Faith by malvisguy212: 9:05am On Oct 21, 2017
Goshen360:
.....especially faith IN THE FINISHED WORKS OF CHRIST....

Thank you sir
especially faith in the finished work of Christ, yes, you are correct my brother.

Spurgeon once said, "I looked at Christ. The dove of peace flew in my heart. I looked at the dove of peace. It flew away." The same thing could be said about faith. Faith is fixing my eyes upon the wonderful Saviour of sinners! When I turn my eyes away from Jesus and start gazing at my own faith or at my own quality of living, this is when I have problems. I need to look away from SELF and see the Lord.

(1) (Reply)

George Weah Visits TB Joshua's Synagogue For Prayers Ahead Of Liberia's Election / PK: The Story Of An Alien In Search For God / C. A. N At It Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.