Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,234 members, 7,825,904 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

True Prosperity as a Christian - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / True Prosperity as a Christian (7285 Views)

Benny Hinn: I Am So Wrong About Prosperity Gospel, I Don't Fly Private Jets / Daddy Freeze: Prosperity Doctrine Is Fraudulent & Satanic From The Pits Of Hell / Freeze: I'm After Prosperity Pastors, Can't Find Muslim Cleric Private Jet Owner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: True Prosperity as a Christian by Nobody: 3:12pm On Dec 03, 2017
Lyoncrescent. May Almighty God continue to bless you and your endeavors. You're indeed God's voice with this peice.
In a country ravaged with corruption, poverty and ignorance. Everyone is blinded with mundane materialities... it's so difficult for them to comprehend the basics.
The so called 'men of God' feast on the innocent but, gullible folks' ignorance to their greedy advantage. They've commercialized churches at the expense of divine truth and grace.
Once again, God bless you, Sir! smiley

1 Like

Re: True Prosperity as a Christian by eagleonearth(m): 3:22pm On Dec 03, 2017
When you enter covenant with God, your desire will be to live a purpose driven live. Challenges will no longer turn and piss you off rather they will strengthen you each time. Mundane things and money will no longer drive you rather you will have peace that passes all understanding.

1 Like

Re: True Prosperity as a Christian by adegeye38(m): 3:23pm On Dec 03, 2017
Lyoncrescent:
Prosperity theology (sometimes referred to as the prosperity gospel, the health and wealth gospel, or the gospel of success)[A] is a religious belief among some Christians, who hold that financial blessing and physical well-being are always the will of God for them, and that faith, positive speech, and donations to religious causes will increase one's material wealth.

In the prosperity gospel, also known as the “Word of Faith,” the believer is told to use God, whereas the truth of biblical Christianity is just the opposite—God uses the believer. Word of Faith or prosperity theology sees the Holy Spirit as a power to be put to use for whatever the believer wills. The Bible teaches that the Holy Spirit enables the believer to do God's will. I have often heard such preachers in Nigeria and beyond saying they cannot be sick, they cannot be poor and all that contradicting the words of Jesus when he told his followers to take up their cross and follow him and to expect suffering and trials. The Prosperity Gospel believes that temporal, material blessings are God's will for those who have enough faith and who give enough money to God the bank accounts of the preachers.

As Paul points out quite plainly, there is a heavy, heavy cost in following Jesus...

"Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one. Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was pelted with stones, three times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea, I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my fellow Jews, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false believers. I have labored and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked. Besides everything else, I face daily the pressure of my concern for all the churches." (2 Cor 11:24-28)

To make heaven is very very very difficult. Jesus died so we may have eternal life. He didn’t die so that we may just become rich. To live a holy and righteous life in Nigeria of today is not easy. It goes beyond altar calls and pastors saying if you are not absolutely sure you will make heaven stand up and let me pray for you, it’s more than that. It’s an arduous journey filled with challenges. It’s good to hear messages that ginger us and sweeten our spirit, the ride on pastor kind of messages. However such messages should be mixed with messages on Sin, righteousness and Holiness which sometimes is lacking in such churches as it may cause sinners in the church to be sober and not come again.
The truth of it all is that the only thing that the devil cannot give is the promise of eternal life as found in John 3:16. I have once heard a Nigerian pastor say that he prayed to God for a church where if people see the car park, they will give their life to Christ. Ladies and Gentlemen, even the car park of Ogboni Cult probably has a better car park. We also have a lot of very wealthy Atheist and Agnostics and Mystics. Today's celebrated testimonies are those that confer some form of financial or material blessings.

Today's pulpits compete with corporate seminar podiums in disseminating an egocentric gospel that elevates human virtues and ability; but is largely silent on the character issues upon which civilisations have foundered. You hear things like I had nothing when I started with this church but now I am rich. Wealth is not true prosperity. True Prosperity is when we finish our journey on earth and take our seat in heaven by living a righteous and holy life. Satan can give riches and all the Glory of this world but cannot give salvation.

Satan knows the bible and knows the needs of men. I refer you to the third temptation of Jesus (Matthew 4:8-10): Again, the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. 9 And he said to Him, “All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me.”10 Then Jesus said to him, “Away with you Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the LORD your God, and Him only you shall serve.’

My people satan was not bluffing. Had Jesus worshipped Satan, All the Kingdoms of the world and their Glory would have been given to him. That’s the reason why this particular temptation was the third attempt not the first. It was like the last joker. So many prosperity preachers have accepted this offer that Jesus rejected thus they are confined to the glory of the world.
I refer you again to an Interview granted by the only child of Pa Elton (a white missionary who lived and died in Ilesha,Osun State and groomed so many of Nigeria’s foremost Pentecostal leaders).

http://www.desireofnationsmission.org.ng/?page_id=82

Can you tell us some of your father’s legacy?

Mama Elton: Daddy had so many legacies, but the most spectacular was towards the end of his life. He began to perceive where the trend would lead to, so his message began to confuse a lot of people. He began to limit the number of invitation he honored and turned down many. He would prefer to preach in a little gathering under a small shed than to honor a major conference that had his name written bodily on the handbill. He began to warn about the spirit of Babylon pervading the church. He emphatically warned against the taking of titles and building of empires. He declared that this would usher in seasons of apostasy for the church, and men would begin to commercialize the gospel. He decried what the American Christianity was turning into, he discouraged the Nigerian church from patterning after it.

I pray the secret things are revealed but I leave you with this; Light and Darkness can never mix. Kenneth Copeland, Mike Murdork, Benny Hinn, T.D. Jakes and the late Kenneth Hagin, Look them up and pray and let the Holy Spirit tell you who they are. Whatever your prayer and findings tell you, look for Nigerian churches that are associated with such preachers and have invited them at one point or the other and you can then make your own conclusions. May God bless us and bless his church.

May God help us all.

that true, real success is not in the number of houses you build or the Numbers of cars you buy, but the number of times the glory of God shines through you, the number of times you lead people to Christ, and in making heaven, that is real success

becoming a born again Christian is simple, renounce you old ways and accept Christ as your lord and saviour, Jesus said "as many that believes in me i have given them right to become sons of God.

making heaven is not difficult to someone who is born again, infact it is very easy, God has provided everything needed for a born again Christian to live a righteous, Himself, his son, his spirit and his word, that is all we need

Christianity does not exempt you from experiencing some Challenges of life, but it provides you ways to overcome them

It is is God plan for a Christian to prosper, and be blessed, as seen in Gods pronunciation of blessing in deut 28 on those who do his will, but for a Christian it goes beyond Physical prosperity.

2 Likes

Re: True Prosperity as a Christian by Mariangeles(f): 3:24pm On Dec 03, 2017
Re: True Prosperity as a Christian by alBHAGDADI: 3:26pm On Dec 03, 2017
careytommy7:
]Really?
@OP, can you please shed more light on this?
It's very simple.
Those names he listed are false prophets, the wolves in sheep clothing.
Re: True Prosperity as a Christian by sgtponzihater1(m): 3:32pm On Dec 03, 2017
Nothing is wrong with the true word of faith movement. Certain persons found their way in and started preaching it to the extreme. "Christ bore our infirmities on His own body, the chastisement of our peace of upon His shoulders, by His stripes we are healed". That is Gods standard, and anything short is shortchanging urself. The Bible promised us wealth, peace, and longlife and not walking in that blessing means you are living like Lazarus the beggar waiting for your reward in heaven. It is well. However our temporary suffering will work in us a more eternal weight of glory. Read your Bible and pray.

2 Likes

Re: True Prosperity as a Christian by Hybrid01: 3:34pm On Dec 03, 2017
As much as I love this, I need to ask. Is it that a christian is not supposed to be rich or what?
Re: True Prosperity as a Christian by Mariangeles(f): 3:40pm On Dec 03, 2017
seguntijan:
Those who killed god(Jesus)..
Will they enter paradise or hell ?
Any christain to answer this
Jesus already forgave them and prayed for them before he died...

1 Like

Re: True Prosperity as a Christian by vicade(m): 3:44pm On Dec 03, 2017
Hybrid01:
As much as I love this, I need to ask. Is it that a christian is not supposed to be rich or what?

Christians can be rich but Pagans and Atheist can also be rich and in some cases richer than christians. I dont know how many billionaires in the forbes list are christians. However, the emphasis shouldnt be on earthly riches but heavenly rewards which is the the true prosperity. As op pointed out, its only eternal life that the devil cannot give. Earthly riches and the glory of this world can be gotten from the devil

adegeye38:

that true, real success is not in the number of houses you build or the Numbers of cars you buy, but the number of times the glory of God shines through you, the number of times you lead people to Christ, and in making heaven, that is real success

becoming a born again Christian is simple, renounce you old ways and accept Christ as your lord and saviour, Jesus said "as many that believes in me i have given them right to become sons of God.

making heaven is not difficult to someone who is born again, infact it is very easy, God has provided everything needed for a born again Christian to live a righteous, Himself, his son, his spirit and his word, that is all we need

Christianity does not exempt you from experiencing some Challenges of life, but it provides you ways to overcome them

It is is God plan for a Christian to prosper, and be blessed, as seen in Gods pronunciation of blessing in deut 28 on those who do his will, but for a Christian it goes beyond Physical prosperity.

Theoretically you are correct. Practically, the life of a true believer is filled with constant battles. Its never easy in the practical. I think the story of Ayo Babalola of CAC and the wife he married is a good example on how the devil can use different means to ensure one doesnt make heaven but i believe babalola conquered. The flesh is weak and i believe the devil constantly tries to use different tactics just to ensure one does not make heaven. I believe maybe one way or the other if GOD can reveal the number of people who made heaven last year, you go fear o. I heard one gist about someone who was in a bus on the lagos ibadan express way during one of these rccg holy ghost services. the man in the bus said emphatically that of all the people in the redemption camp that night over the age of 18, only two are candidates for heaven. whether that was true or not still makes one have cause for reflection.

All in All, I pray we dont miss our salvation at the end.

2 Likes

Re: True Prosperity as a Christian by mathew2oa(m): 4:01pm On Dec 03, 2017
Lyoncrescent:
Prosperity theology (sometimes referred to as the prosperity gospel, the health and wealth gospel, or the gospel of success)[A] is a religious belief among some Christians, who hold that financial blessing and physical well-being are always the will of God for them, and that faith, positive speech, and donations to religious causes will increase one's material wealth.

In the prosperity gospel, also known as the “Word of Faith,” the believer is told to use God, whereas the truth of biblical Christianity is just the opposite—God uses the believer. Word of Faith or prosperity theology sees the Holy Spirit as a power to be put to use for whatever the believer wills. The Bible teaches that the Holy Spirit enables the believer to do God's will. I have often heard such preachers in Nigeria and beyond saying they cannot be sick, they cannot be poor and all that contradicting the words of Jesus when he told his followers to take up their cross and follow him and to expect suffering and trials. The Prosperity Gospel believes that temporal, material blessings are God's will for those who have enough faith and who give enough money to God the bank accounts of the preachers.

As Paul points out quite plainly, there is a heavy, heavy cost in following Jesus...

"Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one. Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was pelted with stones, three times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea, I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my fellow Jews, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false believers. I have labored and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked. Besides everything else, I face daily the pressure of my concern for all the churches." (2 Cor 11:24-28)

To make heaven is very very very difficult. Jesus died so we may have eternal life. He didn’t die so that we may just become rich. To live a holy and righteous life in Nigeria of today is not easy. It goes beyond altar calls and pastors saying if you are not absolutely sure you will make heaven stand up and let me pray for you, it’s more than that. It’s an arduous journey filled with challenges. It’s good to hear messages that ginger us and sweeten our spirit, the ride on pastor kind of messages. However such messages should be mixed with messages on Sin, righteousness and Holiness which sometimes is lacking in such churches as it may cause sinners in the church to be sober and not come again.
The truth of it all is that the only thing that the devil cannot give is the promise of eternal life as found in John 3:16. I have once heard a Nigerian pastor say that he prayed to God for a church where if people see the car park, they will give their life to Christ. Ladies and Gentlemen, even the car park of Ogboni Cult probably has a better car park. We also have a lot of very wealthy Atheist and Agnostics and Mystics. Today's celebrated testimonies are those that confer some form of financial or material blessings.

Today's pulpits compete with corporate seminar podiums in disseminating an egocentric gospel that elevates human virtues and ability; but is largely silent on the character issues upon which civilisations have foundered. You hear things like I had nothing when I started with this church but now I am rich. Wealth is not true prosperity. True Prosperity is when we finish our journey on earth and take our seat in heaven by living a righteous and holy life. Satan can give riches and all the Glory of this world but cannot give salvation.

Satan knows the bible and knows the needs of men. I refer you to the third temptation of Jesus (Matthew 4:8-10): Again, the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. 9 And he said to Him, “All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me.”10 Then Jesus said to him, “Away with you Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the LORD your God, and Him only you shall serve.’

My people satan was not bluffing. Had Jesus worshipped Satan, All the Kingdoms of the world and their Glory would have been given to him. That’s the reason why this particular temptation was the third attempt not the first. It was like the last joker. So many prosperity preachers have accepted this offer that Jesus rejected thus they are confined to the glory of the world.
I refer you again to an Interview granted by the only child of Pa Elton (a white missionary who lived and died in Ilesha,Osun State and groomed so many of Nigeria’s foremost Pentecostal leaders).

Mama Elton: Daddy had so many legacies, but the most spectacular was towards the end of his life. He began to perceive where the trend would lead to, so his message began to confuse a lot of people. He began to limit the number of invitation he honored and turned down many. He would prefer to preach in a little gathering under a small shed than to honor a major conference that had his name written bodily on the handbill. He began to warn about the spirit of Babylon pervading the church. He emphatically warned against the taking of titles and building of empires. He declared that this would usher in seasons of apostasy for the church, and men would begin to commercialize the gospel. He decried what the American Christianity was turning into, he discouraged the Nigerian church from patterning after it.

I pray the secret things are revealed but I leave you with this; Light and Darkness can never mix. Kenneth Copeland, Mike Murdork, Benny Hinn, T.D. Jakes and the late Kenneth Hagin, Look them up and pray and let the Holy Spirit tell you who they are. Whatever your prayer and findings tell you, look for Nigerian churches that are associated with such preachers and have invited them at one point or the other and you can then make your own conclusions. May God bless us and bless his church.

May God help us all.

OP,you just posted the truth, ntin bt 100% truth
Re: True Prosperity as a Christian by OBIGS(m): 4:04pm On Dec 03, 2017
I was in Paul enenche church at area 1 Abuja in 2015. The man said he needed 50 people to sow seed of 1 million Naira to my surprised more than 100 people ran to the pulpit to sow the seed. He then said 500k hundreds ran to the pulpit. He then called leople for 100k. He prayed for them. I was willing to sow a seed of 10k but to my greatest surprise this man dropped the Mic and ended the sowing of seed. It seems to me that he doesn't pray for people with small money to sow seeds with. Like he has a standard of the kind of people he prays for. Since that day I never went back to that church. The devil is in full control of most Pentecostal churches. The white men came to preach salvation our fellow Nigerians only preach prosperity because they know that's what Nigerians want to hear. When I was in school a friend of mine her phone was collected from her in the name of sowing seed In Christ embassy by a student pastor. I saw no difference with what cultist do to follow cultist if you don't pay your dues and what the church did to her. It's bad that the emphases being placed on tithe is now a requirement to make heaven, even if ur serve God sincerely or not. I urge Nigerians to wake up. If we love our neighbors more than the way we love our pastors Nigeria will be better.

1 Like

Re: True Prosperity as a Christian by pointstores(m): 4:15pm On Dec 03, 2017
good one
Re: True Prosperity as a Christian by Adakintroy: 4:44pm On Dec 03, 2017
Why always isolate the juicy part of the old testament and throwing away the other parts o yea malachi pastors.

Their is coming a time when this laws will no longer be in scrolls but in our hearts. Men will know the truth by heart. So no matter how you twist the scripture they will still not believe you.

If men know how to give by heart to the poor, what need do they have to tithe. Was not the tithes meant to teach their heats giving in the first place.

Seeing they have agreed to give it to the poor, why fight it.

1 Like

Re: True Prosperity as a Christian by CharlotteFlair: 5:02pm On Dec 03, 2017
Wonderful piece OP! Weldone. I have no problem with preaching prosperity on the pulpit, what I have a problem with is when salvation messages are downplayed or totally absent in some cases on the pulpits.

I will prosper in both spiritual and material things while I live. Without the word of God deeply rooted in you, you still won't be able to put to good use your riches.
Re: True Prosperity as a Christian by Chukazu: 5:03pm On Dec 03, 2017
True prosperity is simply the presence of God in a man's life

Lord blessed him.
Gen 26:13 The man began to prosper, and continued prospering until he became very prosperous;

For God was with him.
Talk of Jacob

1 Like

Re: True Prosperity as a Christian by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 03, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
It's very simple.

Those names he listed are false prophets, the wolves in sheep clothing.

Really? Because they preach a prosperity message?

... I pray that you prosper, even thy soul prosper?
Re: True Prosperity as a Christian by alBHAGDADI: 5:25pm On Dec 03, 2017
careytommy7:

Really? Because they preach a prosperity message?

... I pray that you prosper, even thy soul prosper?
What makes you sure that they are genuine prophets?
Re: True Prosperity as a Christian by Reference(m): 7:24pm On Dec 03, 2017
The truth is somewhere in the middle. We on the other hand love extremes including you the OP. The facts are clear throughout the bible. A lot of folks became stupendously rich by following after God. Abraham, David, Solomon all rose to prominence from obscurity. Jesus Himself said clearly that if a man surrendered substance to Him on earth He would receive many folds in return on earth and a slot on a heavenly flight. Surely the Jesus we all believe wasn't mistaken or spreading falsehood. He blessed Peter with a mighty catch of real fish after He used Peter's means...substance, his boat for a Godly purpose. Surely those fish will have been sold and perhaps afforded Peter a Rolls Royce Phantom....or at least a Gucci hoodie.... I don't think Jesus will have bothered.

On the other hand there were many believers and obedient servants of the Lord who lived humble lives and in a number of cases suffered great lack, loss and devastation. Theses are also examples for us to follow for in the Hebrew hall of faith we are told that we share a common heritage with them. That through them our faith is made complete and I will like to add other virtues as well such as the perfection of our love, patience, perseverence, kindness, etc.

So there is nothing wrong with experiences of both sides of the spiritual coin. The present day Christian must be prepared to do all things at all times in all circumstances to the glory of God. He must be sincere in all dealings with God. He must prove that he loves God above things. Above all he must be led by the spirit of God who knows all things.

Both doctrines of materialism and doctrines of utter hopelessness are equally dangerous extremities. There is a reason the populations of the hot Sahara desert and cold Antartica are sparse. They were not meant for human habitation. The truth is somewhere in the middle. Let the Holy Spirit find it for each man.

2 Likes

Re: True Prosperity as a Christian by arrestdarrester: 7:49pm On Dec 03, 2017
"I pray the secret things are revealed but I leave you with this; Light and Darkness can never mix. Kenneth Copeland, Mike Murdork, Benny Hinn, T.D. Jakes and the late Kenneth Hagin, Look them up and pray and let the Holy Spirit tell you who they are. Whatever your prayer and findings tell you, look for Nigerian churches that are associated with such preachers and have invited them at one point or the other and you can then make your own conclusions"

This closing part of your message makes for an inconclusive read.

You tried not to be offensive to some...

1 Like

Re: True Prosperity as a Christian by MrBingo: 7:52pm On Dec 03, 2017
Oyindidi:
Yes man of God. Hope you prayed for me?

...ok..so when r we gonna fuuuk nah....abi don't u like sweet tings? undecided
Re: True Prosperity as a Christian by akeensbussy(m): 8:52pm On Dec 03, 2017
Riches has nothing to do with spirituality..

You can only be rich when you have something tangible are rare to offer in exchange of money.

Anybody can be rich...As far you have goods or services to provide.
Re: True Prosperity as a Christian by loomy(m): 9:39pm On Dec 03, 2017
God wants us to prosper(this goes beyond just money) money is often deified even amongst so-called christians but CHRIST remains the same, HE is LORD and KING. Our lives should be lived in submission to GOD's will.
Re: True Prosperity as a Christian by Nickymichy(m): 9:42pm On Dec 03, 2017
Hmmmmm....ds is d best post i have ever read on nairaland... May God help us...
Re: True Prosperity as a Christian by narrowpathy(m): 9:49pm On Dec 03, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The measure of prosperity is relative.

A friend of mine's measure of prosperity is in his ability to change girlfriends, invite them to his room and parlour apartment then flaunt photos of him eating cereals and milk.

Nwaamaikpe why are u subbing airforce1. Be nice for once
Re: True Prosperity as a Christian by MrSkot(m): 11:13pm On Dec 03, 2017
Timiblanko:
As far as am conserned, when i give i get it back in double fold, give and it shall be given unto you

Good practice but if the reason you give is because you get it back, then I am afraid you may have a wrong motive. We are admonished to do all things out of love.
Re: True Prosperity as a Christian by watchwoman(f): 11:35pm On Dec 03, 2017
Lyoncrescent:

May God help us all.

Nice one op, this is one of the most sensible posts I have ever read on Nairaland. I have always maintained that prosperity Gospel is not the Gospel but an adulterated Gospel. imagine a preacher in America saying that Jesus died so that we can lay claim to financial prosperity, which is a Terrible lie because long before Jesus came, people have been financially prosperous.

The Gospel in Nigeria has been so commercialized that anytime a pastor preaches, the next thing he will ask for is seed offering to take claim of the blessings. then I begin to wonder, did Jesus after his sermon on the mount ask for seed offering?

look at every corner and street in Nigeria there is church, in my area that is less than 3km long, they are almost a hundred churches. May God help this generation. Amen
Re: True Prosperity as a Christian by Oracle16(m): 1:58pm On Dec 04, 2017
My dear, I agree with you in most of your messages, but to say making heaven is very very difficult is a lie from Satan and you just allowed yourself to be used to send this lie from the pit of hell. You even contradicted yourself by still saying that was why Jesus died for us. Ask yourself and study very well why Jesus Christ as actually died for our sins.

Jesus Christ died for us just because it's was very difficult to make heaven, now if you accept Him as your Lord and personal savior, you have the Holy Spirit who then leads and direct you, He's the power you need to overcome sin, that's if you let Him.

Satan wants people to think it's not possible to make heaven so that they will give up and accept their status. I agree with you that following Christ is not about worldly things, but the scripture says seek first righteousness and every other thing will be added unto you.

Divine health is one of the blessings of a born again Christian. The Bible says by His stripes we are healed. Your post got me thinking, why then did Christ die for us. Please, we need the Holy Spirit to understand the Bible. I see this post more as pro satanic teaching.

This post seem to make people believe it's impossible to follow Christ. Please, read your Bible and understand it. Satan is using every means to deceive people.
Re: True Prosperity as a Christian by Amhappy(f): 2:58pm On Dec 04, 2017
Best Christian post i have ever read on nairaland. Thanks for sharing
Re: True Prosperity as a Christian by Amhappy(f): 3:23pm On Dec 04, 2017
Oracle16:
My dear, I agree with you in most of your messages, but to say making heaven is very very difficult is a lie from Satan and you just allowed yourself to be used to send this lie from the pit of hell. You even contradicted yourself by still saying that was why Jesus died for us. Ask yourself and study very well why Jesus Christ as actually died for our sins.

Jesus Christ died for us just because it's was very difficult to make heaven, now if you accept Him as your Lord and personal savior, you have the Holy Spirit who then leads and direct you, He's the power you need to overcome sin, that's if you let Him.

Satan wants people to think it's not possible to make heaven so that they will give up and accept their status. I agree with you that following Christ is not about worldly things, but the scripture says seek first righteousness and every other thing will be added unto you.

Divine health is one of the blessings of a born again Christian. The Bible says by His stripes we are healed. Your post got me thinking, why then did Christ die for us. Please, we need the Holy Spirit to understand the Bible. I see this post more as pro satanic teaching.

This post seem to make people believe it's impossible to follow Christ. Please, read your Bible and understand it. Satan is using every means to deceive people.

You just quoted this man out of contest. The temptation of these days are so much that most Christians has thrown righteousness and holiness out of the window in their quest for money and the things of this world. Separating Christ from their lives to make ends meet. Church life is different from job life,business life,marriage life etc. That's why sin abound even in the church. We turn God to an errand boy that just do what we want only when we need him to come in. And if we did not receive,we jump ship or compromise with the world. Using the Holy Spirit instead of allowing Him to use us. That's the opposite of what the early church did. Cross means to persevere with Christ at all times,not necessarily that you have to become a suffer head. And yes it is difficult to persevere till the end.
I love some thing the OP said,'the devil can give you all things except Eternal life'. No wonder Christ said 'Seek ye the Kingdom of God and its righteousness every other thing shall be added unto you'. From this scripture the main thing we need to hustle for is Heaven and God will add the jara. But when we seek the jara,the devil can confuse us and even give us the jara while we miss the main thing. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: True Prosperity as a Christian by Lyoncrescent: 8:47am On Dec 10, 2017
Happy Sunday. God bless us all

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Claims He Captured A 'Witch' Flying At Night (Video) / Is Repentance Without Restitution Enough? / Solution To Corona Virus (Day 106)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.