Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,204 members, 7,836,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Testimony Time!! Let's Share What God Has Done For Us This Week - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Testimony Time!! Let's Share What God Has Done For Us This Week (15232 Views)

Testimony Time!,blessing Time,drop Your Testimony Here / Can You Curse What God Has Blessed? / Pastor Adeboye: "Abiola, Tofa, Aminu Kano, June 12 Election; What God Told Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Testimony Time!! Let's Share What God Has Done For Us This Week by ImaIma1(f): 3:20pm On Oct 22, 2017
My cute little baby came this week.
Just looking at her gives me goosebumps.
Thank God for life
Re: Testimony Time!! Let's Share What God Has Done For Us This Week by DeepSight(m): 3:21pm On Oct 22, 2017
josessybj:
This w

eek was my birthday and one yrs in Canada

And therefore by all means 1 year closer to your death and the rotting of your body in a coffin where it shall inescapably be consumed by worms.
Re: Testimony Time!! Let's Share What God Has Done For Us This Week by DeepSight(m): 3:23pm On Oct 22, 2017
ImaIma1:
My cute little baby came this week.
Just looking at her gives me goosebumps.
Thank God for life

Begin to prepare for she too must die as per the will of God.

Your best prayer is that she sees you die first.

Oh what gratitude to God
Re: Testimony Time!! Let's Share What God Has Done For Us This Week by analice107: 3:24pm On Oct 22, 2017
DeepSight:

Is this not too much talk for such a brief observation.
What is the source of such insecurity.
Just leave me to my ways, whatever they are.
Re: Testimony Time!! Let's Share What God Has Done For Us This Week by tino22(m): 3:26pm On Oct 22, 2017
I thank God for the gift of Life.. added a year older October 20. And other things he has done for me this week.
Re: Testimony Time!! Let's Share What God Has Done For Us This Week by DeepSight(m): 3:27pm On Oct 22, 2017
analice107:

Just leave me to my ways, whatever they are.

Such a lengthy post over nothing betrays shocking insecurity and low self esteem.

Shall I recommend a shrink for you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Testimony Time!! Let's Share What God Has Done For Us This Week by DeepSight(m): 3:28pm On Oct 22, 2017
tino22:
I thank God for the gift of Life.. added a year older October 20. And other things he has done for me this week.

And a year closer to your coffin my friend.
Re: Testimony Time!! Let's Share What God Has Done For Us This Week by analice107: 3:31pm On Oct 22, 2017
DeepSight:

Such a lengthy post over nothing betrays shocking insecurity and low self esteem.

Shall I recommend a shrink for you.

I see your age hasn't brought you any wisdom. I'll leave you to your folly.

A man who fights women is that one a man?
Re: Testimony Time!! Let's Share What God Has Done For Us This Week by DeepSight(m): 3:32pm On Oct 22, 2017
analice107:

I see your age hasn't brought you any wisdom. I'll leave you to your folly.

A man who fights women is that one a man?

How you construe my beneficial offer of help to be a fight is beyond me.

Let me get the shrink for you.

It will help you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Testimony Time!! Let's Share What God Has Done For Us This Week by brisstone(m): 3:35pm On Oct 22, 2017
I thank God for the Gift of Life and also for his mercy
Re: Testimony Time!! Let's Share What God Has Done For Us This Week by DeepSight(m): 3:36pm On Oct 22, 2017
brisstone:
I thank God for the Gift of Life and also for his mercy

Why is this life of horror and death a gift?
Re: Testimony Time!! Let's Share What God Has Done For Us This Week by DeepSight(m): 3:42pm On Oct 22, 2017
I know my comments in this thread have disturbed some of you but the intention is to help you see that there is nothing to thank God for in this world.

I wish you the best as you accept this reality.
Re: Testimony Time!! Let's Share What God Has Done For Us This Week by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:51pm On Oct 22, 2017
DeepSight:
I know my comments in this thread have disturbed some of you but the intention is to help you see that there is nothing to thank God for in this world.

Why do you think death is horrific to man ? Can't you see it this way : Death can be a motivating factor for you . Which means accepting the reality of death as a motivating factor implies the need to be thankful for life .

1 Like

Re: Testimony Time!! Let's Share What God Has Done For Us This Week by Elly1(m): 4:09pm On Oct 22, 2017
I thank God for His blessings and mercies upon me and my family, I give Him praise
Re: Testimony Time!! Let's Share What God Has Done For Us This Week by bebiee(f): 4:17pm On Oct 22, 2017
Waking up Hale and hearty each morning is enough to be thankful for
And for keeping my parents alive to see their children being successful is another blessing
Thank you God only you can do this
Re: Testimony Time!! Let's Share What God Has Done For Us This Week by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:38pm On Oct 22, 2017
DeepSight:

Why should one be thankful for living in an evidently diseased world.

Or do you deny that the world is diseased?

I don't deny the world is diseased but I think the fact we are alive is a reason to be thankful . And don't forget , our knowledge of diseases has undeniably helped us understand our world better even at a microscopic level right ?

1 Like

Re: Testimony Time!! Let's Share What God Has Done For Us This Week by MrMakaveli20(m): 4:41pm On Oct 22, 2017
DeepSight:

Will you shut up and stop spewing nonsense. What does anything here have to do with God?

God has no interest in human existence.
@Deepshit. you bleeping slowpoke. allow those who believe in God to give their awesome testimonies of his goodness. while you confused soul wallow in your unbelief and misery.
Re: Testimony Time!! Let's Share What God Has Done For Us This Week by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:48pm On Oct 22, 2017
@ DeepSight , when you said 'diseased' , did you mean corrupt ?
Re: Testimony Time!! Let's Share What God Has Done For Us This Week by IamOlusa(m): 4:50pm On Oct 22, 2017
DeepSight:

well spoken, right?
Please, don't discourage other fellow that believe God has done something for them, dont try to enforce anyone to believe what you believe. Keep on believing in whatever you believe. Let everyone be.
Re: Testimony Time!! Let's Share What God Has Done For Us This Week by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 22, 2017
Wow! I eventually found my last card airtime I bought to recharge, in my bible today!
I was in comatose and just lugubrious, but thanks be to God I'm restored!!
Praise The Lord!!
Re: Testimony Time!! Let's Share What God Has Done For Us This Week by hartson(m): 5:17pm On Oct 22, 2017
Bisjosh:
Thank God i was able to secure a better accomodation last week. cool

Im soo happy
looking for one too.

1 Like

Re: Testimony Time!! Let's Share What God Has Done For Us This Week by eobianke(m): 5:26pm On Oct 22, 2017
I thank God for the life he gave me, I have faith that he will send helper my way to settle my school fees and accommodation.
Re: Testimony Time!! Let's Share What God Has Done For Us This Week by COURVOISier(m): 5:29pm On Oct 22, 2017
DeepSight:

That scorpion was God and he is planning to kill you very soon.

And everybody else anyway.

Lol, 120 years fall on me.
Re: Testimony Time!! Let's Share What God Has Done For Us This Week by terrezo2002(m): 5:38pm On Oct 22, 2017
DeepSight:

You are hallucinating. God does not show love to anyone.
Why are you this disturbed about people of God sharing their testimonies?

2 Likes

Re: Testimony Time!! Let's Share What God Has Done For Us This Week by Fxwarrior: 6:35pm On Oct 22, 2017
DeepSight:

That mass murderer Jehovah the pagan warrior God of the Jews?

Are you mad.

Indeed something is about to happen in the not too distant future God will Kill you as he does to all anyway.

I rebuke you satan in Jesus name. Don't quote me again.
Re: Testimony Time!! Let's Share What God Has Done For Us This Week by DeepSight(m): 6:43pm On Oct 22, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:
@ DeepSight , when you said 'diseased' , did you mean corrupt ?

I mean that the world as created is set on flawed principles and premises, that it's very nature predicates evil, tragedy, unhappiness, strife and endless struggle. That it is created corrupt yes. That it is fundamentally misconceived and could never have been conceived for the purpose of happiness. That it is diseased and as such the product of a diseased mind.

In effect the creator of the world obviously delights in such a perverted form of cosmic maturbation which feeds on the misery of human beings and other creatures.

Such a self evidently reprehensible world that I cannot conceive why anyone would thank its creator for bringing him here.

Such persons must be thoughtless.
Re: Testimony Time!! Let's Share What God Has Done For Us This Week by DeepSight(m): 6:48pm On Oct 22, 2017
Fxwarrior:

I rebuke you satan in Jesus name. Don't quote me again.

No amount of rebuke can stop your imminent demise.
Re: Testimony Time!! Let's Share What God Has Done For Us This Week by ImaIma1(f): 7:16pm On Oct 22, 2017
DeepSight:

Begin to prepare for she too must die as per the will of God.

Your best prayer is that she sees you die first.

Oh what gratitude to God

Thank you for your kind words.

And i thank God for His blessings.
Re: Testimony Time!! Let's Share What God Has Done For Us This Week by DeepSight(m): 7:33pm On Oct 22, 2017
ImaIma1:

Thank you for your kind words.

And i thank God for His blessings.

Don't feel bad it applies to all human beings without exception. This is why I personally don't believe in having children.

However I wish your child a happy life with you.
Re: Testimony Time!! Let's Share What God Has Done For Us This Week by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:35pm On Oct 22, 2017
DeepSight:

I mean that the world as created is set on flawed principles and premises, that it's very nature predicates evil, tragedy, unhappiness, strife and endless struggle. That it is created corrupt yes. That it is fundamentally misconceived and could never have been conceived for the purpose of happiness. That it is diseased and as such the product of a diseased mind.

In effect the creator of the world obviously delights in such a perverted form of cosmic maturbation which feeds on the misery of human beings and other creatures.

Such a self evidently reprehensible world that I cannot conceive why anyone would thank its creator for bringing him here.

Such persons must be thoughtless.

I get what you mean , but I just don't think the problem of evil makes the creator a diseased or corrupt mind . As we know , evil is the departure from good - this means that evil actually points to the moral goodness of God . And this lets us understand that there is indeed a way or pattern things should be no matter the numerous forms evil takes be it endless struggle , tragedy etc .

There's a problem of presupposition here . You presupposed the creator made a world with flawed principles . This poses many problems for you because the solution to these problems is to make more presuppositions . Example :

1. You have to presuppose that the creator is limited in knowledge for It to develop a flawed system with flawed principles - maybe this created world was an error due to his limited knowledge .

2. It could be that you presupposed that the creator is cognitively imperfect .

3. You did presuppose that the creator experiences emotions since you think It takes delight and pleasure from doing something

The list is endless ...

But the Judeo-Christian worldview gives us logical reasons not to make these presuppositions . An infallible or perfect being created an idyllic and resplendent world devoid of evil in any form but sin led to subversion of the nature of the world

You could accuse me of making a presupposition too that God is an infallible or perfect being , but let's take a look at Thomas Aquinas' argument from perfection . His argument was that, in order to speak of degrees of things , it could power , morality , goodness etc we must have an absolute standard against which to judge those things and God is the ultimate standard. This lends credence to the theory that the world was created good in accordance to the nature of God as an ultimate standard devoid of evil and sin caused its fall .

Secondly , I tend to take neutral view of what goes in this world . Naturally, when we are in difficult situations our minds are active seeking solutions . Many have exploited the 'chaos' in this world for their own benefits and the benefits of their own societies . What happens to you isn't good or evil , it depends on how you interpret it . We have learnt life lessons from wars in the past , the endless struggle to survive and these have given us a deeper understanding of life itself. The tragedy that happens to you is feast to the other humans , beasts and worms ; you can take advantage of it for own good .We have endless lists of people who have turned a supposed tragedy to pure gold . Shared suffering can be a cohesive force in a group , strengthening the belief in the pursuit of a general cause etc . Here , Friedrich Nietzsche expounds the maxim , no pain , no gain :

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Testimony Time!! Let's Share What God Has Done For Us This Week by Babybunny(f): 7:49pm On Oct 22, 2017
God healed my momma, smiley he kept everyone in ma family alive, granted me admission cheesy kiss
I'm so grateful to jah

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Former Herbalist Is Confronted, Renounces Fetish Practices, Surrenders To Jesus. / Pastor Tunde Bakare Prays For Couple Who Welcomed Twins After 25 Years / How To Avoid Sleeping In Church - Theabstracthoughts.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.