Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,942 members, 7,863,338 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:46 PM

Hunger Looms …as Hausa Traders Stop Food Supplies To Other Parts Of The Country - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hunger Looms …as Hausa Traders Stop Food Supplies To Other Parts Of The Country (5580 Views)

Fuel Scarcity Looms As NNPC Depots Run Dry / Hausa Traders, Soldiers Clash In Mile 12 / Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hunger Looms …as Hausa Traders Stop Food Supplies To Other Parts Of The Country by EzeUche(m): 6:08am On Mar 15, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Go and teach them how to survive on pepperoni pizza. Yoruba man shall not live by amala and ewedu alone.

lol ha ha ha ha

That was funny.
Re: Hunger Looms …as Hausa Traders Stop Food Supplies To Other Parts Of The Country by Demdem(m): 6:37am On Mar 15, 2010
shocked shocked shocked

No wonder, After service yesterday i decided to pick up some pepper stuffs at the market over here in PH and i was ammazed when i was told that 4small tomatoes goes for 300naira angry angry. i couldnt believe it. Just zoom off angrily.
Re: Hunger Looms …as Hausa Traders Stop Food Supplies To Other Parts Of The Country by chelseabmw(m): 6:41am On Mar 15, 2010
all these men go use food kill us oooo, dey can even poison our food
Re: Hunger Looms …as Hausa Traders Stop Food Supplies To Other Parts Of The Country by Demdem(m): 6:50am On Mar 15, 2010
chelseabmw:

all these men go use food kill us oooo, dey can even poison our food

^^^ Believe me, they can ooo. They also av their own kind of economy power.
Re: Hunger Looms …as Hausa Traders Stop Food Supplies To Other Parts Of The Country by gidson12(m): 7:41am On Mar 15, 2010
Let them keep stocking d food their, n make dem no beg them 2 call off d strike o!, by d time dey get tired due 2 depreciation n loss, no b person go tell dem 2 load that their truck n start heading south, food go come cheap wella. Nonesense
Re: Hunger Looms …as Hausa Traders Stop Food Supplies To Other Parts Of The Country by Pharoh: 7:56am On Mar 15, 2010
gidson12:

Let them keep stocking d food their, n make dem no beg them 2 call off d strike o!, by d time dey get tired due 2 depreciation n loss, no b person go tell dem 2 load that their truck n start heading south, food go come cheap wella. Nonesense

Gidson how far na, long time no see.

But this act should teach the south a lesson that we should take agriculture very seriously.
Re: Hunger Looms …as Hausa Traders Stop Food Supplies To Other Parts Of The Country by Nobody: 8:58am On Mar 15, 2010
i thought the north was not good for anything?

davidylan:

the south will simply adjust. you can survive without tomatoes . . . lets see what happens when federal allocations are withheld from northern states.

spoken like a true diasporan - hope you will show solidarity by boycotting hamburgers (which come with tomatoes) etc - being with nigerians 'in spirit'
Re: Hunger Looms …as Hausa Traders Stop Food Supplies To Other Parts Of The Country by amarilo: 9:10am On Mar 15, 2010
The govt only control what the south produce. Weird i think.
Re: Hunger Looms …as Hausa Traders Stop Food Supplies To Other Parts Of The Country by galatico(m): 10:29am On Mar 15, 2010
They should reconsider the decision to go on strike!!!
Re: Hunger Looms …as Hausa Traders Stop Food Supplies To Other Parts Of The Country by pixiraver(m): 10:47am On Mar 15, 2010
The funniest part is the same LASTMA officials etc who are collecting bribes will also struggle to buy food LOL They have the money but no food to buy, stupid bunch of corrupt wan*sters. Corruption is the bane of all our problems.
Re: Hunger Looms …as Hausa Traders Stop Food Supplies To Other Parts Of The Country by Yoighaman(m): 10:59am On Mar 15, 2010
United we stand,divided we fall

no tribe is an island

we need to understand these facts.
Re: Hunger Looms …as Hausa Traders Stop Food Supplies To Other Parts Of The Country by AloyEmeka5: 11:16am On Mar 15, 2010
oyb:

spoken like a true diasporan - hope you will show solidarity by boycotting hamburgers (which come with tomatoes)  etc - being with nigerians 'in spirit'

A lot of Nigerians in the diaspora have not eaten hamburgers in the past 3 years. The food is very unhealthy and boycotting it will not be a big deal.
Re: Hunger Looms …as Hausa Traders Stop Food Supplies To Other Parts Of The Country by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 15, 2010
hot funmi - hamburgers are just one example - everything with tomatoes , onions, etc must be boycotted
Re: Hunger Looms …as Hausa Traders Stop Food Supplies To Other Parts Of The Country by ud4u: 11:39am On Mar 15, 2010
Western Governors take note
Re: Hunger Looms …as Hausa Traders Stop Food Supplies To Other Parts Of The Country by wirinet(m): 12:15pm On Mar 15, 2010
Shame on us westerners - including myself. All we get na mouth. Were are the Giant of Africa, the most enlightened and educated people in Africa, the best at this and that, etc. And we deride the Northerners for being Almajiri's , as intelligent as cows, kunu sellers, etc. Yet we cannot feed ourselves. It is a big shame that we cannot even plant ordinary tomatoes and pepper, or even Yam and onions. Meanwhile it is the "mumu" Northerners that is feeding us.
Just take note, that if hostilities break out, they would not need to fight us, they would just starve us to death - The Awolowo solution.

Meanwhile we are said to have performing governors, with some building mega-cities, with no policy on how to feed the inhabitants of the proposed mega-city. Most of the agricultural layouts planned by Awolowo (including some industrial layouts) had been sold by the western governors, to the highest bidder. No single policy on Agriculture.

A people that cannot feed itself and depends on others, will not be completely free and independent.

Did I hear somebody say we would use our oil money to buy food? well I got news for you, the oil fields are owned mainly by Northerners and the oil industry is controlled by Northerners, that is apart from them controlling the military.
Re: Hunger Looms …as Hausa Traders Stop Food Supplies To Other Parts Of The Country by osikhueme(f): 1:53pm On Mar 15, 2010
Please let the government settle them oh, I need my correct tomato stew, tin tomato is just sour n useless!!! grin

Went to the market on saturday and there were only two stands were tomato was being sold. Didn't figure out that there was a problem until i tried to bargain and guess what? tomatoes that used to sell for N50 had gone up to N500, a whooping 10X. N40 pepper was selling for N200. God forbid!! I don't pluck the money from trees. 4 now i'll make do with dry pepper and tin tomatoes, but cant live on this for too long, God abeg,

Fish sellers are using the opportunity to extort money from people cos they know we've got no other choice, they just give u a price, if you like buy, if you don't like it, then f*** off!!!

I couldn't even buy my beloved Irish potatoes. The price of onion however was unchanged,

Please, we cant continue to live like this oh, Government please settle these guys, unnecessary taxes are bad for business,
Re: Hunger Looms …as Hausa Traders Stop Food Supplies To Other Parts Of The Country by johncross3: 2:19pm On Mar 15, 2010
This simple act has shown hw dey are incharge,
Walahi Tahali, ip una no gree po Allah
na una go hear ram!!!! shocked shocked shocked

while po d oda end hungry dey tell on pple cry cry cry
Re: Hunger Looms …as Hausa Traders Stop Food Supplies To Other Parts Of The Country by porka: 2:27pm On Mar 15, 2010
So this can happen in my life time? Believe me, this a scenario that we have been testing for a while in a small think-tank/group. The possibility of Nigeria's enemies using our diversity to attack us. The scenario we tested was in war situation and not this "peace time" thing.

This is just a wake-up call. The authorities in the South and the North must come together to fashion a solution. This is vulnerability my people. What if an enemy has attacked us and cut-off the bridges in Lokoja, Onitsha, Markudi etc, to starve us to death? This is a NATIONAL SECURITY thing and it's more serious than some people here are taking it.

For instance, what are the contingency plans to cushion the effect of this strike?
Re: Hunger Looms …as Hausa Traders Stop Food Supplies To Other Parts Of The Country by naijaway(m): 2:40pm On Mar 15, 2010
I don't see how this is a north vs south thing. These people just happen to live in the north. They are complaining of a very fundamental nigerian attitude (pure wickedness) everytime corruption. Instead of people to heed to that, they will rather blame north or watever. On the real, I really believe it will teach people a lesson and the more southern nigeria fakes, the more they become strangulated. Stupid idiots, they will rather import than correct a fundamental flaw in our society. Nigeria, truly has many years to even start becoming considered a serious nation, predictions point to 2055 or higher because the coming generation are no better. Stupidity is here to stay since reality, problem solving, and honest critism are out right rejected in the society regardless of zone in the country.
Re: Hunger Looms …as Hausa Traders Stop Food Supplies To Other Parts Of The Country by honeric01(m): 2:49pm On Mar 15, 2010
Especially in Lagos, those greedy looking landlords have turned all the available space in their compounds to shops and face me i slap you, when hunger come, na inside their parlor dem go use do farm.

tin-tomatoes, i love you, no shaking, i will continue using tin-tomatoes, fast, reliable, does not allow your soup turn sour on time and it's very tasty too, i employ everyone to switch to the ultimate tin-tomato. cool cool cool
Re: Hunger Looms …as Hausa Traders Stop Food Supplies To Other Parts Of The Country by Pharoh: 3:07pm On Mar 15, 2010
I really hope we are learning our lessons from this strike.
Re: Hunger Looms …as Hausa Traders Stop Food Supplies To Other Parts Of The Country by aaidel(m): 3:30pm On Mar 15, 2010
nigerians and their stupidity the funny thing is you never here the northerners say its a tribal thing when fuel is scarce in the north. but its really sad that despite the development in the south and under-development in the north the average northerner is still better off than the average southerner the developments in the south are mainly for the rich and not poor friendly.
back to the topic sha all these check points from abuja down to lagos should be dismantled cos there really are too many of them and they dont seem to serve any useful purpose and government should stream line revenue collection i.e local govts should pay to state and state to federal so that only the local govt officials are allowed to collect taxes from the masses
Re: Hunger Looms …as Hausa Traders Stop Food Supplies To Other Parts Of The Country by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 15, 2010
oyb:

spoken like a true diasporan - hope you will show solidarity by boycotting hamburgers (which come with tomatoes) etc - being with nigerians 'in spirit'

Shows how stupid and shallow some posts can be. I havent eaten hamburgers in years and have used fresh tomatoes perhaps not more than 6 times in the last 5 yrs. You can survive quite well without it.
Re: Hunger Looms …as Hausa Traders Stop Food Supplies To Other Parts Of The Country by snowdrops(m): 4:08pm On Mar 15, 2010
davidylan:

Shows how silly and shallow some posts can be. I havent eaten hamburgers in years and have used fresh tomatoes perhaps not more than 6 times in the last 5 yrs. You can survive quite well without it.
Someone is twitchy tongue
Re: Hunger Looms …as Hausa Traders Stop Food Supplies To Other Parts Of The Country by Afam4eva(m): 4:18pm On Mar 15, 2010
Hunger looms? dem dey use tomato cook soup? I've been eating ofe nsala since the strike started.
Re: Hunger Looms …as Hausa Traders Stop Food Supplies To Other Parts Of The Country by Nobody: 4:24pm On Mar 15, 2010
afam4eva:

Hunger looms? dem dey use tomato cook soup? I've been eating ofe nsala since the strike started.

u're assuming the folks on here can cook? grin yoruba's have only one soup . . . they cant cook it without tomatoes. No wonder they are the ones crying the loudest.
Re: Hunger Looms …as Hausa Traders Stop Food Supplies To Other Parts Of The Country by Demdem(m): 4:30pm On Mar 15, 2010
davidylan:

u're assuming the folks on here can cook? grin yoruba's have only one soup . . . they cant cook it without tomatoes. No wonder they are the ones crying the loudest.

^^^ Guy, leave that one ooo. I love tomatoes and i cant imagine living without it for now.
Re: Hunger Looms …as Hausa Traders Stop Food Supplies To Other Parts Of The Country by CrudeOil2(m): 4:30pm On Mar 15, 2010
They Hausa's would face the music too. They know that its the southerners that buy their products and the if they dont call of their strike, their produces would perish since they dont have proper storage facilities.
Re: Hunger Looms …as Hausa Traders Stop Food Supplies To Other Parts Of The Country by erico2k2(m): 5:47pm On Mar 15, 2010
Th Hausa people are very funny lol on strike indeed,man I'm from the delta,down there, we got loads of meals the prepare without tomato, we have Banga Soup, Ogwo soup, Ogbolo Soup etc, as far as I know the main meals they prepare with tomato are Stew for rice and a lil bit for Egusi soup, but I'm sure tomato puree would substitute, or like someone rightly said here, someone might decide to import tomato puree from turkey lol,what a stupid decision by the north who know lil or nothing about makt forces or the rule of demand and supply grin grin,oya Igbo importers, your time has come.
Re: Hunger Looms …as Hausa Traders Stop Food Supplies To Other Parts Of The Country by mekusxxx: 6:02pm On Mar 15, 2010
Igbos and South south can live w/out tomato
Yoruba cannot live w/out tomato
All their soup na  so so tomato tomato, both ewedu, ila and gbegiri
They are in big shiot. Hhahahah!
Re: Hunger Looms …as Hausa Traders Stop Food Supplies To Other Parts Of The Country by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 15, 2010
Quote from Mekusxxx,

"What are the food stuff grown in the North? Can people do without them except for beaf? Are they supplying the south food for free? Will they not also need money, or will they allow the produce to perish instead? It is a lose-lose situation for both parties. Igbo importers should start importing food soon. Hahahah"

I disagree with that statement wholeheartedly!

Believe it or not, Hausa's are also humans.

This is all about injustice.

100,000 naira tax and the rest egunje that is is being extorted from them is too much.

I hope the government better do something about this pretty soon,

Or else, Sunday rice and stew will become history!
Re: Hunger Looms …as Hausa Traders Stop Food Supplies To Other Parts Of The Country by Nobody: 6:44pm On Mar 15, 2010
cultey:

Or else, Sunday rice and stew will become history!

use tinned tomatoes. Same taste . . . or use the one with italian herbs, even better.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Islam:you Can Marry 5 Years Old Girl And Wait Till She Is Ripe / Pictures of Alleged Buhari underaged voters / DANGEROUS WORDS FROM ALIYU GWARZO.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.