Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,725 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Iphone 8plus , Iphone X And Samsung Galaxy S8plus Which One Is Better?? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone 8plus , Iphone X And Samsung Galaxy S8plus Which One Is Better?? (1903 Views)

Between Iphone X And Iphone XR Which One Is Better / Samsung Galaxy S8plus For Sale In Ibadan / After 18days With The Iphone X And Iphone 7 I Switched Back To My Android. Fact# (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iphone 8plus , Iphone X And Samsung Galaxy S8plus Which One Is Better?? by gentlewiz: 12:42pm On Oct 22, 2017
Please I need advice on this, I want to get a new phone but i'm still confused on which one to buy. Should I go for the Iphone 8plus, Iphone X or Samsung galaxy s8plus. These are the three phones in my mind right now. I don't really care about the price but what matters is the phone's efficiency and capabilities. Help a brother out.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iphone 8plus , Iphone X And Samsung Galaxy S8plus Which One Is Better?? by Tinnytony24(m): 12:49pm On Oct 22, 2017
IPhone 8 and iphone x are far better than S8 bro... Bt economise... Buy S8

1 Like

Re: Iphone 8plus , Iphone X And Samsung Galaxy S8plus Which One Is Better?? by gentlewiz: 12:54pm On Oct 22, 2017
[quote author=Tinnytony24 post=61662255]IPhone 8 and iphone x are far better tha

can you tell me how they are better than samsung s8plus or is it just because of the name IPHONE?? I have browsed the specifications online, Samsung has dual sim, 6gb ram and every other thing iphone has but Iphone is still on 3gb ram and lesser battery power.

1 Like

Re: Iphone 8plus , Iphone X And Samsung Galaxy S8plus Which One Is Better?? by Alphaman007: 1:22pm On Oct 22, 2017
Processor wise.. IPhone trumps Samsung.. But Samsung kills iPhone in other areas

1 Like

Re: Iphone 8plus , Iphone X And Samsung Galaxy S8plus Which One Is Better?? by oseriki9: 1:53pm On Oct 22, 2017
Alphaman007:
Processor wise.. IPhone trumps Samsung.. But Samsung kills iPhone in other areas
Not in Camera,Os,Optimization and so on.
Re: Iphone 8plus , Iphone X And Samsung Galaxy S8plus Which One Is Better?? by WeNoGoDie(m): 1:55pm On Oct 22, 2017
Anyone comparing a 6Gb Ram Samsung phone with a crappy 4Gb iPhone needs check up.

The Samsung murders the iPhone in every department.

2 Likes

Re: Iphone 8plus , Iphone X And Samsung Galaxy S8plus Which One Is Better?? by oseriki9: 2:02pm On Oct 22, 2017
WeNoGoDie:
Anyone comparing a 6Gb Ram Samsung phone with a crappy 4Gb iPhone needs check up.

The Samsung murders the iPhone in every department.
Ignorance is bliss right.

7 Likes

Re: Iphone 8plus , Iphone X And Samsung Galaxy S8plus Which One Is Better?? by WeNoGoDie(m): 2:08pm On Oct 22, 2017
oseriki9:

Ignorance is bliss right.

About you? Yes, Ignorance is bliss.
Re: Iphone 8plus , Iphone X And Samsung Galaxy S8plus Which One Is Better?? by oseriki9: 2:14pm On Oct 22, 2017
WeNoGoDie:

About you? Yes, Ignorance is bliss.
Pls before you come and say s8+ beats iphone 8+ watch comparisons and handle the phones....have you wondered why iphone 6 had 1gb ram and it didn't lag while other phones with 2gb eam lagged when they perform the same tasks.

2 Likes

Re: Iphone 8plus , Iphone X And Samsung Galaxy S8plus Which One Is Better?? by michlins(m): 7:54pm On Oct 22, 2017
I will advise you buy the iPhone 8+ cause of resell value of S8+ is dropping fast with the S9 rumours flying around but if that isn't a problem for you, get a Note 8 instead. It trumps them all

2 Likes

Re: Iphone 8plus , Iphone X And Samsung Galaxy S8plus Which One Is Better?? by michIins: 4:46am On Oct 23, 2017
[s]
michlins:
I will advise you buy the iPhone 8+ cause of resell value of S8+ is dropping fast with the S9 rumours flying around but if that isn't a problem for you, get a Note 8 instead. It trumps them all
[/s]
Re: Iphone 8plus , Iphone X And Samsung Galaxy S8plus Which One Is Better?? by Ehimzy(m): 6:23am On Oct 23, 2017
oseriki9:

Pls before you come and say s8+ beats iphone 8+ watch comparisons and handle the phones....have you wondered why iphone 6 had 1gb ram and it didn't lag while other phones with 2gb eam lagged when they perform the same tasks.

Oga.. its not the same OS... not the same processors.. not the same system optimizations... do people still talk like this??

Thinking between iphone 8 and samsung s8/s8+.. first question..which do you have a prefrence for, IOS or Android?? If none.. what do you use your mobile devices for? Browsing? Taking pics ? Continous heavy gaming.. a lot of social media?

1 Like

Re: Iphone 8plus , Iphone X And Samsung Galaxy S8plus Which One Is Better?? by oseriki9: 6:26am On Oct 23, 2017
Ehimzy:

Oga.. its not the same OS... not the same processors.. not the same system optimizations... do people still talk like this??

Thinking between iphone 8 and samsung s8/s8+.. first question..which do you have a prefrence for, IOS or Android?? If none.. what do you use your mobile devices for? Browsing? Taking pics ? Continous heavy gaming.. a lot of social media?
Did u read my comment at all.

1 Like

Re: Iphone 8plus , Iphone X And Samsung Galaxy S8plus Which One Is Better?? by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 23, 2017
Why would anyone wanna waste money to buy iPhone 6sss plus? iPhone X isn't out yet

1 Like

Re: Iphone 8plus , Iphone X And Samsung Galaxy S8plus Which One Is Better?? by gentlewiz: 7:13pm On Oct 23, 2017
ollah1:
Why would anyone wanna waste money to buy iPhone 6sss plus? iPhone X isn't out yet

iphone 8plus not iphone 6splus
Re: Iphone 8plus , Iphone X And Samsung Galaxy S8plus Which One Is Better?? by gentlewiz: 7:17pm On Oct 23, 2017
Ehimzy:

a lot of social media, browsing, Taking pics, Iphone is good, samsung is good too but I think Samsung has more tough specifications than Iphone, I also think that people are going for Iphone cos it's shiny and that Name IPHONE!! You know that swagger that comes with having an Iphone in Nigeria but i'm not really into all that shit.. I just want something good that would last for me but Samsung and iphone happens to be the best products in town so it's kinda confusing to actually decide which one to go for cos money ain't the problem. if money is the issue It would have been much easier coz I will say ok let me go for somethin (cheaper) i can afford but now it's not....

1 Like

Re: Iphone 8plus , Iphone X And Samsung Galaxy S8plus Which One Is Better?? by michlins(m): 7:22pm On Oct 23, 2017
gentlewiz:
a lot of social media, browsing, i'
go for iPhone 8
Re: Iphone 8plus , Iphone X And Samsung Galaxy S8plus Which One Is Better?? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 23, 2017
gentlewiz:

iphone 8plus not iphone 6splus

Yes i know. Isn't iPhone 8plus same with iPhone 6sss plus?
Re: Iphone 8plus , Iphone X And Samsung Galaxy S8plus Which One Is Better?? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 23, 2017
gentlewiz:
a lot of social media, browsing, i'

I wouldn't advice you to buy iPhone 8 plus. Its a mistake of a phone hence the reason it's not selling. Don't get me wrong, it's a good phone and works well but 4.7 inch, 720p, LCD et Al aren't 2017 specs to starts with so it's not acceptable.

Secondly, it's the same design language with iPhone 6 plus with just dual camera and glass back. You fan hardly notice any difference between it and iPhone 7 plus. Apple just gave it the name 8 so gullibles will buy it. It should have been called 7s plus.

iPhone 7s plus still works well and it's quite cheaper now so you can buy that but if you feel you want a 2017 phone then buy S8, Note8 or iPhone X.

1 Like

Re: Iphone 8plus , Iphone X And Samsung Galaxy S8plus Which One Is Better?? by Decale: 7:30pm On Oct 23, 2017
The problem has nothing to do with specs. All are great, making up the best phones in today's market.

The problem is the OS. What kind of activities do you perform most on a phone? What do you desire? Pattern of usage, etc. Ios vs android is the difficult choice here

You could opt for a note 8 since money ain't the problem. You may have to sacrifice a better battery life and extra 80k (which to me ain't worth it) but you get a bump in RAM, better camera, S-pen and a better fingerprint placement. Other options seemingly better than the s8 plus are the v30 and pixel 2 xl.

You can leave iPhone 8 plus and wait for IPhone X release.

It's up to you...

1 Like

Re: Iphone 8plus , Iphone X And Samsung Galaxy S8plus Which One Is Better?? by Decale: 7:36pm On Oct 23, 2017
gentlewiz:
a lot of social media, browsing, Taking pics,

If it's a lot of social media, ios apps have everybody beat there. Their apps are more intuitive and richer in features

You can do with any for pictures. Samsung may have upper hand in some scenarios as well as Apple. But, you'd do great with any

Still, it's a case of ios vs android...
Re: Iphone 8plus , Iphone X And Samsung Galaxy S8plus Which One Is Better?? by gentlewiz: 7:39pm On Oct 23, 2017
Decale:
The problem has nothing to do with specs. All are great, making up the best phones in today's market.

The problem is the OS. What kind of activities do you perform most on a phone? What do you desire? Pattern of usage, etc. Ios vs android is the difficult choice here

You could opt for a note 8 since money ain't the problem. You may have to sacrifice a better battery life and extra 80k (which to me ain't worth it) but you get a bump in RAM, better camera, S-pen and a better fingerprint placement. Other options seemingly better than the s8 plus are the v30 and pixel 2 xl.

You can leave iPhone 8 plus and wait for IPhone X release.

It's up to you...

Thanks man, you said I may have to sacrifice a better battery life if I go for the note8?? is that what you mean?? are you trying to say that the s8plus has more battery life than the new note8?
Re: Iphone 8plus , Iphone X And Samsung Galaxy S8plus Which One Is Better?? by gentlewiz: 7:40pm On Oct 23, 2017
ollah1:

I wouldn't advice you to buy iPhone 8 plus. Its a mistake of a phone hence the reason it's not selling. Don't get me wrong, it's a good phone and works well but 4.7 inch, 720p, LCD et Al aren't 2017 specs to starts with so it's not acceptable.

Secondly, it's the same design language with iPhone 6 plus with just dual camera and glass back. You fan hardly notice any difference between it and iPhone 7 plus. Apple just gave it the name 8 so gullibles will buy it. It should have been called 7s plus.

iPhone 7s plus still works well and it's quite cheaper now so you can buy that but if you feel you want a 2017 phone then buy S8, Note8 or iPhone X.

Thanks man,,
Re: Iphone 8plus , Iphone X And Samsung Galaxy S8plus Which One Is Better?? by Decale: 7:45pm On Oct 23, 2017
gentlewiz:

Thanks man, you said I may have to sacrifice a better battery life if I go for the note8?? is that what you mean?? are you trying to say that the s8plus has more battery life than the new note8?

Note 8's battery life is good. S8 plus' is better
Re: Iphone 8plus , Iphone X And Samsung Galaxy S8plus Which One Is Better?? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 23, 2017
Decale:

Note 8's battery life is good. S8 plus' is better

Mixed results on that
Re: Iphone 8plus , Iphone X And Samsung Galaxy S8plus Which One Is Better?? by Norman4real(m): 7:55pm On Oct 23, 2017
iPhones are cool, but iOS sucks. I'd advise you buy the Samsung S8. The S8+ is unnecessarily big and bulky, the plain S8 will be good enough.
Re: Iphone 8plus , Iphone X And Samsung Galaxy S8plus Which One Is Better?? by Decale: 7:57pm On Oct 23, 2017
ollah1:

Mixed results on that

Nope. S8 plus battery life is better everywhere
Re: Iphone 8plus , Iphone X And Samsung Galaxy S8plus Which One Is Better?? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 23, 2017
Decale:

Nope. S8 plus battery life is better everywhere

Well, I've read about note 8 battery being better by some reviewers and owners. Doesn't matter anyways, which everyone he chooses will be enjoyed?

(1) (Reply)

Jumia Black Friday A Scam / Any Good Phone Between 20-25k Price? / Latest Update On Tecno Phones Recently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.