Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,820 members, 7,817,395 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Media Are Unfair To Trump: US Democrats Former President Jimmy Carter Says - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Media Are Unfair To Trump: US Democrats Former President Jimmy Carter Says (1118 Views)

Former US President, Jimmy Carter Enters Hospice Care / Kayleigh McEnany Tweets Sinach’s Song'Way Maker' Over Trump, US Election Result / Trump: US 'Targeting' 52 Iranian Sites, To Strike If Iran Attacks US Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Media Are Unfair To Trump: US Democrats Former President Jimmy Carter Says by Nobody: 5:02am On Oct 23, 2017
Former Democrats United State President Jimmy Carter:

The media has been harder on Trump than predecessors

DAVID JACKSON | USA TODAY
Updated 10 hours ago

BUZZ60
WASHINGTON — President Trump has an unexpected defender: Jimmy Carter.

“I think the media have been harder on Trump than any other president certainly that I’ve known about,” Carter told New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd. "I think they feel free to claim that Trump is mentally deranged and everything else without hesitation.”

Carter also defended Trump against claims that the current president's aggressive style is souring U.S. relations with the world. “Well, he might be escalating it but I think that precedes Trump,” he told the Times. “The United States has been the dominant character in the whole world and now we’re not anymore. And we’re not going to be. Russia’s coming back and India and China are coming forward.”

Perhaps Carter is seeking to placate Trump as part of a job interview: The 93-year-old former president said he is willing to undertake a diplomatic mission to North Korea to discuss its nuclear weapons program.

Carter told the Times he had discussed the North Korea issue with H.R. McMaster, Trump's national security adviser.

“I told him that I was available if they ever need me,” Carter said.

While Carter's comments about the media might please Trump, an ex-presidential couple might not be too happy with the Times interview: Bill Clinton and former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton.

"We voted for (Bernie) Sanders" in the primary, Carter said.

Presidents who succeeded Carter, including Clinton, George W. Bush and Barack Obama, have all chafed at the Georgian's various comments on the issues of the day.

At one point during Obama's tenure, Carter complained that the incumbent president never sought his advice, and he told the Times he still doesn't have Obama's email address.

Originally Published 5:15 p.m. GMT+1 Oct. 22, 2017
Updated 10 hours ago

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/10/22/jimmy-carter-media-has-been-harder-trump-than-predecessors/788558001/
Re: Media Are Unfair To Trump: US Democrats Former President Jimmy Carter Says by Nobody: 5:19am On Oct 23, 2017
"Former Democratic United State President Jimmy Carter says Media Unfair to Trump."

Jimmy Carter: Media tougher on Trump than any other president in memory

By Fox News

Former President Jimmy Carter says the media have been tougher on President Trump than any other president he can remember.

(REUTERS/Neil Hall, Kevin Lamarque, File)

Jimmy Carter, the liberal 93-year-old former president, surprisingly sided with President Trump when he told The New York Times that the media have been been too hostile on the current commander-in-chief.

“I think the media have been harder on Trump than any other president certainly that I’ve known about,” Carter told The New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd. The 39th president served one term from 1977 to 1981.

Carter added that he thought the media “feel free to claim that Trump is mentally deranged and everything else without hesitation.”

The former president also pushed back on accusations of Russian collusion in the 2016 presidential election, saying: “I don’t think there’s any evidence that what the Russians did changed enough votes, or any votes.” He said his wife, Rosalynn, disagreed with him, before he added, “We voted for [Bernie] Sanders” in the primary.

Carter also doesn’t believe the current president’s “America First” strategy is out of step with the larger world, spoiling international relations. “Well, he might be escalating it but I think that precedes Trump,” he told the Times. “The United States has been the dominant character in the whole world and now we’re not anymore. And we’re not going to be. Russia’s coming back and India and China are coming forward.”

Carter also said he's willing to go to North Korea on a diplomatic mission amid the escalating tensions over nuclear weapons.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10/22/jimmy-carter-media-tougher-on-trump-than-any-other-president-in-memory.amp.html
Re: Media Are Unfair To Trump: US Democrats Former President Jimmy Carter Says by Nobody: 5:28am On Oct 23, 2017
4. 'I think the media have been harder on Trump'
It appears that Carter defended Trump a few times during the interview.
Carter said Trump's relationship with Russian President Vladimir Putin doesn't bother him.
"At the Carter Center," he told the Times, "we deal with Putin and the Russians quite frequently concerning Syria."
He praised Trump for taking the initiative to reach out to Saudi Arabia and said the President has been under a stricter spotlight than his predecessors.
"I think the media have been harder on Trump than any other president certainly that I've known about," Carter replied. "I think they feel free to claim that Trump is mentally deranged and everything else without hesitation."

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/10/22/politics/jimmy-carter-new-york-times-interview/index.html
Re: Media Are Unfair To Trump: US Democrats Former President Jimmy Carter Says by hisgrace090: 5:40am On Oct 23, 2017
Kudos! To Mr carters boldness.

They have indeed been too harsh on trump.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Media Are Unfair To Trump: US Democrats Former President Jimmy Carter Says by Ideyontop: 5:41am On Oct 23, 2017
Re: Media Are Unfair To Trump: US Democrats Former President Jimmy Carter Says by Rosskii: 3:43pm On Oct 26, 2017
hisgrace090:
Kudos! To Mr carters boldness.

They have indeed been too harsh on trump.

Mumu, Trump is a racist who refused to rent his apartments to people who looked like you. He has appointed neo-nazi sympathisers to his govt, tells blatant lies on a daily basis, and is vindictive, impulsive, and dangerous, threatening nuclear war against Korea, Iran and others. He is despised by 70% of the US electorate, and most of the world. He has no business being in the White House.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Media Are Unfair To Trump: US Democrats Former President Jimmy Carter Says by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 26, 2017
Rosskii:

Mumu, Trump is a racist who refused to rent his apartments to people who looked like you. He has appointed neo-nazi sympathisers to his govt, tells blatant lies on a daily basis, and is vindictive, impulsive, and dangerous, threatening nuclear war against Korea, Iran and others. He is despised by 70% of the US electorate, and most of the world. He has no business being in the White House.

Truly, he is despised even by the Pope. Hahahahahahaaa! grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Media Are Unfair To Trump: US Democrats Former President Jimmy Carter Says by KingSango(m): 11:03pm On Oct 26, 2017
Rosskii:

Don't fall into love or hatred for any on their team. Trump is a distraction, a bad one, Obama was a distraction, a good one it seemed, but both are the same as George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Harry S. Truman, etc. There is only one Czar never mind the new face. Ase. Love, Sango.
Re: Media Are Unfair To Trump: US Democrats Former President Jimmy Carter Says by KingSango(m): 11:24pm On Oct 26, 2017
life2017:
Former Democrats United State President Jimmy Carter:

The media has been harder on Trump than predecessors

DAVID JACKSON | USA TODAY
Updated 10 hours ago

BUZZ60
WASHINGTON — President Trump has an unexpected defender: Jimmy Carter.

“I think the media have been harder on Trump than any other president certainly that I’ve known about,” Carter told New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd. "I think they feel free to claim that Trump is mentally deranged and everything else without hesitation.”

Carter also defended Trump against claims that the current president's aggressive style is souring U.S. relations with the world. “Well, he might be escalating it but I think that precedes Trump,” he told the Times. “The United States has been the dominant character in the whole world and now we’re not anymore. And we’re not going to be. Russia’s coming back and India and China are coming forward.”

Perhaps Carter is seeking to placate Trump as part of a job interview: The 93-year-old former president said he is willing to undertake a diplomatic mission to North Korea to discuss its nuclear weapons program.

Carter told the Times he had discussed the North Korea issue with H.R. McMaster, Trump's national security adviser.

“I told him that I was available if they ever need me,” Carter said.

While Carter's comments about the media might please Trump, an ex-presidential couple might not be too happy with the Times interview: Bill Clinton and former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton.

"We voted for (Bernie) Sanders" in the primary, Carter said.

Presidents who succeeded Carter, including Clinton, George W. Bush and Barack Obama, have all chafed at the Georgian's various comments on the issues of the day.

At one point during Obama's tenure, Carter complained that the incumbent president never sought his advice, and he told the Times he still doesn't have Obama's email address.

Originally Published 5:15 p.m. GMT+1 Oct. 22, 2017
Updated 10 hours ago

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/10/22/jimmy-carter-media-has-been-harder-trump-than-predecessors/788558001/

Greetings,

My Sango, these people tell you that their news is fake and is geared towards jacking you up emotionally and you still watch it? I know its all fake. I see the predictive programming with the Trump staffer putting her knees on the couch while all these Negro leaders, looking to cahoots with Trump, are present for a photo op causing uproar. I know it was a racist insult but didn't know what it meant until I saw all these NFL Negroes kneeling refusing to stand from the Anthem then Trump is at the center of it. That's not coincidence. grin I mean the stuff is so damn plain to see and all you've got to have is a memory to recall that they set this entire affair up.

Donald Trump Aide Kneels On White House Sofa With Shoes On. Twitter Explodes: https://i.ndtvimg.com/i/2017-02/donald-trump-aide-kneeling-on-sofa-afp_650x400_51488264413.jpg

NFL Players kneeling: https://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset/59c933091900009b55565819.jpeg?ops=scalefit_720_noupscale

Go look at this stuff, its all predictive programming and these NFL stooges are in on it! All of them can be seen at various photo ops doing Illuminati hand signs and Freemasonry messaging to each other that they are apart of the brotherhood. All of the CBC, Closet Black Caucus, of homosexual Black leadership are in on it. They make you love Obama that before 2008 you never heard of, then make you hate Trump, who prior to running for president everyone loved because he is a billionaire who acts out his wildest and boldest desires with no fret. Its all mind control and distraction from your own life. Those Negroes hating Trump don't love you either. They don't love anybody but money and prestige coming from their White masters. Ase. Love, Sango.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ_fUSA9lUo

Trump's presidency was pre-planned as was Obama's. Predictive programming to get the masses into the idea of him being president so that many would vote for him and the media would make him an overnight star, negative or positive a star is a star.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZyaDKaun7w

Stop falling for fake news, because illusions are apart of magick and witchcraft. They play the same phrases nation wide so that they achieve mass worship of their ideas and concepts. Just like a D.J gets paid to play a song over and over again making the audience fall in love with the song and thus create a hit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNV3_bS_0ts

(1) (Reply)

Robert Gabriel Mugabe - Academic Qualifications And Academic Degrees / Monies Found At The Residence Of Deposed President Of Sudan - Bashir - Pictures / BREAKING- Joe Biden For Rigging US 2020 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.