Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

Festus Odimegwu’s Wife Kidnapped - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Festus Odimegwu’s Wife Kidnapped (7214 Views)

Festus Odimegwu- Ex NPC Chairman Endorses General Buhari / Festus Odimegwu Resigns (Chairman Of National Population Commission) / Festus Odimegwu Suspended By The Federal Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Festus Odimegwu’s Wife Kidnapped by Abagworo(m): 12:59am On Mar 15, 2010
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/03/14/odimegwus-wife-kidnapped/

Odimegwu’s wife kidnapped
Cover Stories, Latest News Mar 14, 2010 ….Driver killed, kidnappers yet to speak

By: Chidi Nkwopara, OWERRI.
Boisterous immediate past Chief Executive Officer of Nigerian Breweries Plc, Dr. Festus Odimegwu, was Sunday morning shocked beyond description, as dare devil hoodlums kidnapped his wife, Stella Chinwe Odimegwu.

Vanguard investigations revealed that the hoodlums stormed the Saint Mary’s Catholic Church, Assa Ubirielem, Orsu local council area of Imo State, where Mrs. Odimegwu went to worship kidnapped her and had at press time remained incommunicado.

It was further gathered that the kidnap victim was apparently unaware that she was being closely trailed by the rampaging gang to the church where she was eventually cornered after mass and kidnapped.

“Her driver had hardly driven a few metres from where she entered her vehicle when a group of gunmen, apparently hanging around the church premises, shot and killed the driver on the spot”, an villager told Vanguard.

Continuing, the villager recounted that before Mrs. Odimegwu could understand what was playing out the hoodlums whisked her away at gunpoint to a yet-to-be identified location.

Spirited efforts made by Vanguard to reach the woman’s husband, Dr. Odimegwu, proved abortive, but his very close relations said he was not only angry with the development but looked totally downcast.

Similarly, the Imo State Police Command’s Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Linus Nwaiwu, could not be reached on his mobile phone.
Re: Festus Odimegwu’s Wife Kidnapped by violent(m): 1:02am On Mar 15, 2010
. . . it never ends!

An accursed country!

Is their anyone who would still like to scream "Nigerians are not terrorists"?
Re: Festus Odimegwu’s Wife Kidnapped by 0hsisi: 2:04am On Mar 15, 2010
Kidnapped at a church ?
I was home recently and they told me of the method they used to kidnap someone.
A fellow came and told the the M.C at a function that their car was being blocked.
The M.C made an announcement that the owner of a certain make and color of car with license plate number blah blah ought to go move it so someone can leave.
As soon as the guy got there they kidnapped him.
Re: Festus Odimegwu’s Wife Kidnapped by Nobody: 2:08am On Mar 15, 2010
Na wa o.
Re: Festus Odimegwu’s Wife Kidnapped by EzeUche(m): 2:38am On Mar 15, 2010
This does not make no d-amn sense. Are people becoming that desperate in Alaigbo!!!

I blame our political leaders who sold their souls to the Northern Cabal. When we start our agitation for freedom, these politicians will be executed and killed slowly.
Re: Festus Odimegwu’s Wife Kidnapped by Demdem(m): 7:16am On Mar 15, 2010
violent:

. . . it never ends!

An accursed country!

Is their anyone who would still like to scream "Nigerians are not terrorists"?

This action is condemnable but ehh violent, will u pls kindly shut that ur accursed mouth.
Re: Festus Odimegwu’s Wife Kidnapped by texazzpete(m): 7:18am On Mar 15, 2010
EzeUche:

This does not make no d-amn sense. Are people becoming that desperate in Alaigbo!!!

I blame our political leaders who sold their souls to the Northern Cabal. When we start our agitation for freedom, these politicians will be executed and killed slowly.

What does this have to do with the 'Northern Cabal'?

And how do you slowly kill someone after he has been executed? grin
Re: Festus Odimegwu’s Wife Kidnapped by olybaby50(m): 7:27am On Mar 15, 2010
Sentimental attachment. North to South, East to West cases of kidnapping is everywhere. Though Naija Deltas' una carry 1st grin
Re: Festus Odimegwu’s Wife Kidnapped by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 15, 2010
the legacy of mend. . .
Re: Festus Odimegwu’s Wife Kidnapped by Nobody: 10:12am On Mar 15, 2010
This is no longer funny.
Re: Festus Odimegwu’s Wife Kidnapped by Nobody: 10:16am On Mar 15, 2010
^^^^

so it was funny when it was only expats undecided

that sounds like the way some nigerians were hailing 419ers for 'repatriating' what was stole from africa. now we have atm fraud by the same 419ers.
Re: Festus Odimegwu’s Wife Kidnapped by kidonig: 10:25am On Mar 15, 2010
The kind life wey we dey live for 9ja!!
Re: Festus Odimegwu’s Wife Kidnapped by Nobody: 10:32am On Mar 15, 2010
oyb:

the legacy of mend. . .

Re: Festus Odimegwu’s Wife Kidnapped by snowdrops(m): 10:35am On Mar 15, 2010
For a moment i thought the topic was[b] "Odemwingie's wife kidnapped"[/b] shocked

Thats Osaze Odemwingie the footballer.
Re: Festus Odimegwu’s Wife Kidnapped by joshO: 10:59am On Mar 15, 2010
What else does one expect in a society where leaders are gangstars? This is simply a reflection of our times and the desperate place we find ourselves as a nation.

Tell me, Is it the governors and their mafioso personalities that are setting the right example? Is it the members of the legislature, most of whom have become over-night billionaires while the nations plunges into new depths of despair? Is it the religious leaders who have completely embraced conspicious consumption while poverty dominates across the land? Is it the judiciary that have left no doubt in our minds that justice is not only a zero-sum-game, but one that is available to he who bids the highest?

Oh wait. Is it the cabal around Yar that have shown us - the people - that power, money and influence must be sought and ratained at ANY cost.

With their abused minds and warped sense of purpose, these criminals are to a certain degree, victimS - much like the rest of us.
Re: Festus Odimegwu’s Wife Kidnapped by Nobody: 11:06am On Mar 15, 2010
EzeUche:

slowpoke
Re: Festus Odimegwu’s Wife Kidnapped by supereagle(m): 12:00pm On Mar 15, 2010
They want to eat part of the money the husband made from NBplc. The man is a multi billionaire.
But Igbo land will be accursed if this evil do not stop.
Re: Festus Odimegwu’s Wife Kidnapped by zmurda(m): 12:20pm On Mar 15, 2010
supereagle:

They want to eat part of the money the husband made from NBplc. The man is a multi billionaire.
But Igbo land will be accursed if this evil do not stop.

The land can only be accursed if the government and private sector people who should know better, have a sense of responsibility to the society. They don't.
This kidnapping would continue. I just pity the family of the driver that was killed. Very unnecessary. I hope Yaradua, Turai, Dambasu, Maina, Odili, Duke, Ibori all get kidnapped soon. Then politicians would realize you cannot impoverish a whole society and expect to enjoy its wealth unmolested
Re: Festus Odimegwu’s Wife Kidnapped by BluMalam(m): 12:20pm On Mar 15, 2010
EzeUche:

_THATS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE FINGERS MOVE FASTER THAN THE BRAIN_ grin tongue
Re: Festus Odimegwu’s Wife Kidnapped by cliveland: 12:38pm On Mar 15, 2010
sometimes one wonders whats the reasoning for all the pain we inflict on ourselves, north, south, west or east. the issue still remains. we have been severally short changed by our "political leaders" from all side of the divide, sometimes am on the thinking that the "only" to get these base heads to feel the pinch of the populace is to treat them in the way some of them are being treated of late, but if any group can really attack a person of high standing in government i think i will surely drive in the point, the waste and plundering is shameless and saddening.

though as a human i feel for the family of the driver who for one cares is a slave in that job and may never have benefitted beyond his salary if they pay on time.
Re: Festus Odimegwu’s Wife Kidnapped by bisiaet: 12:51pm On Mar 15, 2010
Pls let all these guys doing this illegal business of kidnapping stop this wont help anyone on the long run it is so painful all these are happening in Nigeria but they should just for God sake remember all wrong action taken by anybody or any tribe or religion or sects is always placed on the name Nigerian and not region or people or community pls and pls guys stop these act

I am just appelling to you all kidnappers this this act is not a helpful in anyway. We know we have a failed government already, we know we have a failed system already and those involved refused to yield or backdown our fight as a younger generation should be against all those "goose headed corrupt people" in our society not for us as a youth now become tools for any misguided person or politician unleash terror and pains on innocent people we should have stand for and defend as a youth of this nation.

I had read case of actors, Business men, Cleric, even Igwe or high chief of a community kidnapped pls what is there crime? What has this people done wrong? Those that even need to be kidnapped for kidnapping our future we let them alone continue ruining our future more and more and this same ass-hole still ends up hiring youths to do their nefarious deed this is so painful and shamefull. Pls youth of this great nation lets wake up againt our future enermies and
Re: Festus Odimegwu’s Wife Kidnapped by chic2pimp(m): 1:05pm On Mar 15, 2010
Blu Malam:

Hehehehehehe grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Festus Odimegwu’s Wife Kidnapped by ud4u: 1:16pm On Mar 15, 2010
What a country, is a pity
Re: Festus Odimegwu’s Wife Kidnapped by otokx(m): 1:24pm On Mar 15, 2010
The gap between the rich and poor is widening everyday. Instead of buying a generator and only you have electricity in the entire village why not donate a transformer so that everyone has electricity? The rich should also be careful not to over flaunt such wealth or they will attract the attention of kidnappers.
Re: Festus Odimegwu’s Wife Kidnapped by scoro99(m): 1:38pm On Mar 15, 2010
Ds kidnappers just turn my once-upon-a-tym quiet home town(owerri) to gbaramatu kingdom, na wa o!!! cry
Re: Festus Odimegwu’s Wife Kidnapped by Tuyis: 1:51pm On Mar 15, 2010
Blu Malam:

Some fingers are certainly moving faster than the brain in this forum. Funny and sad at the same time.
Re: Festus Odimegwu’s Wife Kidnapped by zoragirl: 1:53pm On Mar 15, 2010
[color=#990000][/color]where do we go from here yes there is poverty in the land but this is not the best way to address the issue, I sympathize with the family of the dead driver and also eze festus odimegwu.
Re: Festus Odimegwu’s Wife Kidnapped by EmmaSun1(m): 2:00pm On Mar 15, 2010
0hsisi:

Kidnapped at a church ?
A fellow came and told the the M.C at a function that their car was being blocked.
The M.C made an announcement that the owner of a certain make and color of car with license plate number blah blah ought to go move it so someone can leave.
hmmmmmmmmm
is only God that will save his people in this wicked country, can you imagine they have find out so many tactics to kidnap
Re: Festus Odimegwu’s Wife Kidnapped by oisehumen(m): 2:04pm On Mar 15, 2010
Is there any hope for us in the country at all?
Re: Festus Odimegwu’s Wife Kidnapped by Nobody: 2:09pm On Mar 15, 2010
terrible,lawless country
Re: Festus Odimegwu’s Wife Kidnapped by harakiri(m): 2:16pm On Mar 15, 2010
This rubbish will not end until senators,governors,reps members and even the presidency is kidnapped and probably killed!

So long as they have a battalion as guards,their family enjoys looted funds abroad. . .they don't care.
Re: Festus Odimegwu’s Wife Kidnapped by GEW: 2:23pm On Mar 15, 2010
things are getting better.
0hsisi:

Kidnapped at a church ?
i beg o. make u no go near the ugly rumour people soon.
imagine what these people have turned a blessed land into

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Edo Decides :What's Happening In Your Area / Rmbering Biafra: Hausa Troops Haul Igbo Passengers Off The Plane To Be Shot -FFK / It Shall Never Be Well With All Buhari Supporters (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.