Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,977 members, 7,828,457 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

The Many Lies of Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Many Lies of Jesus (2157 Views)

Many Lies Of Redeem's Adeboye For 2016 / PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / The Many Lies Told By Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Many Lies of Jesus by Nobody: 1:49am On Mar 15, 2010
The Many Lies of Jesus

Jesus Lied About Prayer

Jesus is quoted many times in the Bible saying that a believer can ask for anything through prayer and receive it. 

He even goes so far as to say that mountains and trees can be thrown into the sea simply by praying for it.  This is clearly a lie, and can be proven to be a lie by any believer.  Simply pray for me to be converted to Christianity right away.  Or better yet ask God to move the mountains behind my house.  He could make a lot of converts that way.  If I’m converted today, I’ll post a public apology on my web site and devote my life to kissing God’s backside.  If I’m not converted it would only be fair for you to apologize and devote your life to kissing my butt.

Here are the quotes from Jesus that proves that he lied:

1)  And Jesus answered and said to them, "Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,' it will happen.  "And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."  (Matthew 21:21-22 NAS)

2)  Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.  (Matthew 7:7-8 NAB)

3)  Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven.  For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst.  (Matthew 18:19-20 NAS)

4)  Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him.  Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours.  (Mark 11:24-25 NAB)

5)  And I tell you, ask and you will receive; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.  (Luke 11:9-13 NAB)

6)  And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.  If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it.  (John 14:13-14 NAB)

7)  If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask for whatever you want and it will be done for you.  (John 15:7 NAB)

cool  It was not you who chose me, but I who chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name he may give you.  (John 15:16 NAB)

9)  On that day you will not question me about anything.  Amen, amen, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in my name he will give you.  Until now you have not asked anything in my name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be complete.  (John 16:23-24 NAB)

A lot of Christians ignore what Jesus actually says in the Bible.  They also tend to add things to the actual words to make them say something else.  If you honestly and truthfully read these quotes, without adding to them, it is very easy to see that Jesus is not saying that God will think about your prayers.  He says God will grant all your prayers.  Clearly, God doesn’t grant all prayers and this proves that Jesus was a habitual liar.

According to the Bible the “End Times” Should Have ALREADY Occurred!

Jesus and his apostles made MANY prophecies concerning the Armageddon.  Christians would have you believe that it shall come as “a thief in the night”.  Yet, the Bible is rather clear concerning when it would happen.  Matter of fact, the Bible consistently said it would follow soon after Jesus’ death. 

When you point out such verses to Christians they will try to weasel out of it by saying Christ was talking about his “future” apostles, and not the ones he was directly speaking to.  All it takes is a close examination of the pronouns used in order to see that Christ truly did believe the end times would have happened nearly 2,000 years ago.  Keep in mind that the Bible claims it is “fit for reproof’ and Christianity “lives and dies on the resurrection and end times”.  If we are to believe these verses and accept that the end time prophecies failed then surely the whole book is invalid.

False Prophecies About the Armageddon:

Jesus’ Predictions:

1) Jesus falsely prophesies DIRECTLY to the high priest (Caiphas) that he would live to see his second coming.  Jesus uses the term “coming on the clouds of heaven”.  This clearly negates the “coming” as the resurrection but as a return to the earth on CLOUDS, not his return in human form from the dead.  Matthew 26:64 & Mark 14:62.

"But I tell you: From now on you will see 'the Son of Man seated at the right hand of the Power' and 'coming on the clouds of heaven.'"  (Matthew 26:64 NAB)

Then Jesus answered, "I am; and 'you will see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of the Power and coming with the clouds of heaven.'"  (Mark 14:62 NAB)
2) Jesus mistakenly tells his followers that he will return and establish his kingdom within their lifetime. Matthew 23:36 & 24:34

''Amen, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation.''  (Matthew 23:36 NAB)

"Immediately after the tribulation of those days, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.  And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming upon the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.  And he will send out his angels with a trumpet blast, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.  "Learn a lesson from the fig tree. When its branch becomes tender and sprouts leaves, you know that summer is near.  In the same way, when you see all these things, know that he is near, at the gates.  Amen, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place. grin  Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.  (Matthew 24:29-35 NAB) (Chei!! See 4-1-9)

3) YET AGAIN, Jesus claims those standing RIGHT BEFORE HIM shall see the Armageddon.  Matthew 16:28[b] “There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”[/b] grin

Don’t let Christians lie to you and claim Jesus was referring to his modern day believers.  The words[b] “some standing HERE will not taste death”[/b] clearly refutes such nonsense.  Obviously the people he was speaking to died, and curiously Jesus STILL isn’t here to claim his kingdom.

4) Jesus falsely predicts that some of his listeners would live to see him return and establish the kingdom of God.

"Truly I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the kingdom of God." (Luke 9:27 NAB)

5) Jesus implies that he will return to earth during the lifetime of John. (John 21:22)

6) Jesus says that all that he describes (his return, signs in the sun, moon, wars, stars, etc.) will occur within the lifetime of his listeners.  He purposely defines their generation and NOT a future one.  Considering that NONE of those signs took place during the resurrection and that he uses the term of “Heaven and earth shall pass away”, Clearly Jesus is prophesizing that nearly 2,000 years ago Armageddon SHOULD have occurred.  Luke 21:25-33

"There will be signs in the sun, the moon, and the stars, and on earth nations will be in dismay, perplexed by the roaring of the sea and the waves.  People will die of fright in anticipation of what is coming upon the world, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.  And then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.  But when these signs begin to happen, stand erect and raise your heads because your redemption is at hand."  He taught them a lesson. "Consider the fig tree and all the other trees.  When their buds burst open, you see for yourselves and know that summer is now near; in the same way, when you see these things happening, know that the kingdom of God is near.  Amen, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place.  Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.  (Luke 21:25-33 NAB)

[Editor's note:  Matthew 10:23 also has Jesus telling his disciples that the second coming will occur before the disciples finish preaching in Israel:  "When they persecute you in one town, flee to another. Amen, I say to you, you will not finish the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes."  (Matthew 10:23 NAB)]

John’s Predictions

cool John believes “the time is at hand,” and that the things that he writes about in Revelation will “shortly come to pass.”  Revelations 1:1-3

9) John quotes Jesus (1900 years ago) as saying he will come “quickly.” Revelations 22:7, 12 & 20

10) John thinks he is living in “the last times.”  He “knows” this because he sees so many antichrists around.  1 John 2:18

11) John says that the antichrist was already present at the time 1 John was written.  1 John 4:3 grin

12) John quotes Jesus (1900 years ago) as saying he will come “quickly.”   grin (Another 4-1-9) Revelations 3:11, 22:7, 12 & 20

Paul’s Predictions

13) Paul thought that the end was near and that Jesus would return soon after he wrote these words.  Philippians 4:5

14) Paul believes he is living in the “last days.”  Hebrews 1:2

15) Paul believed that Jesus would come “in a little while, and will not tarry.” Hebrews 10:37

16) In 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 Paul stated: “For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: And the dead Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air: And so shall we ever be with the Lord.”  Paul shared the delusion, taught by Jesus, in that he expected to be snatched up bodily into heaven with other saints then living, who would, thus, never taste death. The use of “we” clearly proves as much.  It is difficult to deny that Paul was certain that the end of the world was coming in the lifetime of his contemporaries.

Other Prophecies About Armageddon:

17) James thought that Jesus would return soon.  James 5:8

18) Peter wrongly believed that he was living in the “last times” and that “the end of all things is at hand.”  1 Peter 1:20 & 4:7

http://www.evilbible.com/Jesus_Lied.htm
Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by Cmiller(m): 1:55am On Mar 15, 2010
god bless you 4 not knowin wat u're doin.sorry 4 invitin wrath on yourself.god plz have mercy on him.
Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by Dolemite(f): 2:12am On Mar 15, 2010
Cmiller:

god bless you 4 not knowin wat u're doin.sorry 4 invitin wrath on yourself.god plz have mercy on him.
Christians and scare tactics. grin
Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by Nobody: 4:53am On Mar 15, 2010
Dolemite, you dey mind them?

They think they can cover for their lord using threats of hellfire and 'the wrath of God'. lol  grin grin
Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by bgees(m): 6:29am On Mar 15, 2010
grin grin grin grin

the many lies of Jesus!!!!!1
Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by Teaser4(m): 6:32am On Mar 15, 2010
Good job,bt whch side u Dey are u muslim or satanist,though no diff btw the two@poster
Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by Nobody: 6:59am On Mar 15, 2010
Erm, I have no religion. Yipeeeeee!!! I'm truly FREE!!!

grin grin
Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by noetic16(m): 7:31am On Mar 15, 2010
ROSSIKE:

The Many Lies Told By Jesus

Jesus Lied About Prayer

Jesus is quoted many times in the Bible saying that a believer can ask for anything through prayer and receive it. 

He even goes so far as to say that mountains and trees can be thrown into the sea simply by praying for it.  This is clearly a lie, and can be proven to be a lie by any believer.  Simply pray for me to be converted to Christianity right away.  Or better yet ask God to move the mountains behind my house.  He could make a lot of converts that way.  If I’m converted today, I’ll post a public apology on my web site and devote my life to kissing God’s backside.  If I’m not converted it would only be fair for you to apologize and devote your life to kissing my butt.

This is the dumbest post I have read in a long time. 

1. what do u understand by a believer?. . .reading the bible, going to church or praying does NOT make u a believer.

2. what do understand by prayer? . . . prayer is not a 20 minute appeal u make when u are in trouble to a giant in the sky for help. prayer is an incessant heartfelt communication with the maker. did u bother to read how Jesus taught us to pray?. . .there was a line that says . . . , thy will be done as it is in heaven. what do u understand by the will of God? one of the rudiments of the believers faith is the ability to submit ultimately to the will of God.

3. your prayer request is both silly, sinister and dumb. Jesus made a bold statement that the requirements for such answers is faith. . .did u not see that? (luke 17:6) The ultimate choice of your salvation lies with u. If I pray with all my God given faith that u get saved . . . .my prayer is answered when the gospel is rationally preached to u. it is your uktimate choice to either accept this gift of salvation or reject it .  .whatever u make of this gift will determine your place in eternity.

4. if the mountain behind your house is moved. . . unto whom will it glorify? will it glorify God or your satanic ego?

5. in lieu of the above . ,  . .would I be wrong to declare u uneducated to have FALSELY asserted that Jesus lied? on what authority do u displace the testimony of millions of people all over the world who attest to the prayer answering faithfulness of the Lord?

Here are the quotes from Jesus that proves that he lied:

1)  And Jesus answered and said to them, "Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,' it will happen.  "And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."  (Matthew 21:21-22 NAS)

where is your faith? . ,   . . ,   .how can u have faith if u aint a believer? faith in whom? on what basis?,  . . , what do u actually understand by faith?

2)  Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.  (Matthew 7:7-8 NAB)

I testify to the faithfulness of the quote above with regards to God fulfilling His word.

3)  Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven.  For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst.  (Matthew 18:19-20 NAS)

how do u prove that the Lord is not in the midst of His people?

4)  Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him.  Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours.  (Mark 11:24-25 NAB)

what does your heart say?

5)  And I tell you, ask and you will receive; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.  (Luke 11:9-13 NAB)

6)  And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.  If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it.  (John 14:13-14 NAB)

7)  If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask for whatever you want and it will be done for you.  (John 15:7 NAB)

cool  It was not you who chose me, but I who chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name he may give you.  (John 15:16 NAB)

9)  On that day you will not question me about anything.  Amen, amen, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in my name he will give you.  Until now you have not asked anything in my name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be complete.  (John 16:23-24 NAB)

A lot of Christians ignore what Jesus actually says in the Bible.  They also tend to add things to the actual words to make them say something else.  If you honestly and truthfully read these quotes, without adding to them, it is very easy to see that Jesus is not saying that God will think about your prayers.  He says God will grant all your prayers.  Clearly, God doesn’t grant all prayers and this proves that Jesus was a habitual liar.

According to the Bible the “End Times” Should Have ALREADY Occurred!

Jesus and his apostles made MANY prophecies concerning the Armageddon.  Christians would have you believe that it shall come as “a thief in the night”.  Yet, the Bible is rather clear concerning when it would happen.  Matter of fact, the Bible consistently said it would follow soon after Jesus’ death. 

When you point out such verses to Christians they will try to weasel out of it by saying Christ was talking about his “future” apostles, and not the ones he was directly speaking to.  All it takes is a close examination of the pronouns used in order to see that Christ truly did believe the end times would have happened nearly 2,000 years ago.  Keep in mind that the Bible claims it is “fit for reproof’ and Christianity “lives and dies on the resurrection and end times”.  If we are to believe these verses and accept that the end time prophecies failed then surely the whole book is invalid.

same old tale. . .with faith and holiness you would see the glory of God.

False Prophecies About the Armageddon:

Jesus’ Predictions:

1) Jesus falsely prophesies DIRECTLY to the high priest (Caiphas) that he would live to see his second coming.  Jesus uses the term “coming on the clouds of heaven”.  This clearly negates the “coming” as the resurrection but as a return to the earth on CLOUDS, not his return in human form from the dead.  Matthew 26:64 & Mark 14:62.

mathew 26:64

64"Yes, it is as you say," Jesus replied. "But I say to all of you: In the future you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven."

does the above verse talk about the second coming of Jesus?  No it does not. . .it talks about Jesus sitting at the right hand of God. This prophecy was fulfilled the moment Stephen testified of the seeing Jesus sit at the right of God. ,    , this prophecy also awaits fulfilment,  .when Christ sits on God's right hand to judge the world.

Then Jesus answered, "I am; and 'you will see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of the Power and coming with the clouds of heaven.'"  (Mark 14:62 NAB)

was Jesus speaking prophetically into the future of speaking in the present?. . . I live that to u to decide.

2) Jesus mistakenly tells his followers that he will return and establish his kingdom within their lifetime. Matthew 23:36 & 24:34

''Amen, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation.''  (Matthew 23:36 NAB)

"Immediately after the tribulation of those days, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.  And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming upon the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.  And he will send out his angels with a trumpet blast, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.  "Learn a lesson from the fig tree. When its branch becomes tender and sprouts leaves, you know that summer is near.  In the same way, when you see all these things, know that he is near, at the gates.  Amen, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place. grin  Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.  (Matthew 24:29-35 NAB) (Chei!! See 4-1-9)

Jesus spoke about the last days and the events of the last days. Jesus called all men who would witness the last days as one generation. . . . . . .common sense and historical accuracy would tell anyone that we have been in the last days since the departure of Jesus,  . ,   . .did Jesus in any way imply that He would return in the days of His listeners?,  . . . .Nope.

what kingdom are u talking about?. . . the kingdom was established the moment Jesus started His ministry and was baptised. The kingdom was given to us the moment Jesus rose from the grave and sent the holy ghost. . . . .so what are u talking about?

3) YET AGAIN, Jesus claims those standing RIGHT BEFORE HIM shall see the Armageddon.  Matthew 16:28[b] “There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”[/b] grin

Don’t let Christians lie to you and claim Jesus was referring to his modern day believers.  The words[b] “some standing HERE will not taste death”[/b] clearly refutes such nonsense.  Obviously the people he was speaking to died, and curiously Jesus STILL isn’t here to claim his kingdom.

4) Jesus falsely predicts that some of his listeners would live to see him return and establish the kingdom of God.

"Truly I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the kingdom of God." (Luke 9:27 NAB)

5) Jesus implies that he will return to earth during the lifetime of John. (John 21:22)

This is what John 21:22 says: 22Jesus answered, "If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me."  where does it suggest that Jesus wants John to stay alive till He returns?

6) Jesus says that all that he describes (his return, signs in the sun, moon, wars, stars, etc.) will occur within the lifetime of his listeners.  He purposely defines their generation and NOT a future one.  Considering that NONE of those signs took place during the resurrection and that he uses the term of “Heaven and earth shall pass away”, Clearly Jesus is prophesizing that nearly 2,000 years ago Armageddon SHOULD have occurred.  Luke 21:25-33

John’s Predictions

cool John believes “the time is at hand,” and that the things that he writes about in Revelation will “shortly come to pass.”  Revelations 1:1-3

9) John quotes Jesus (1900 years ago) as saying he will come “quickly.” Revelations 22:7, 12 & 20

10) John thinks he is living in “the last times.”  He “knows” this because he sees so many antichrists around.  1 John 2:18

11) John says that the antichrist was already present at the time 1 John was written.  1 John 4:3 grin

12) John quotes Jesus (1900 years ago) as saying he will come “quickly.”   grin (Another 4-1-9) Revelations 3:11, 22:7, 12 & 20

Paul’s Predictions

13) Paul thought that the end was near and that Jesus would return soon after he wrote these words.  Philippians 4:5

14) Paul believes he is living in the “last days.”  Hebrews 1:2

15) Paul believed that Jesus would come “in a little while, and will not tarry.” Hebrews 10:37

16) In 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 Paul stated: “For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: And the dead Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air: And so shall we ever be with the Lord.”  Paul shared the delusion, taught by Jesus, in that he expected to be snatched up bodily into heaven with other saints then living, who would, thus, never taste death. The use of “we” clearly proves as much.  It is difficult to deny that Paul was certain that the end of the world was coming in the lifetime of his contemporaries.

Other Prophecies About Armageddon:

17) James thought that Jesus would return soon.  James 5:8

18) Peter wrongly believed that he was living in the “last times” and that “the end of all things is at hand.”  1 Peter 1:20 & 4:7

http://www.evilbible.com/Jesus_Lied.htm

This is simply ridiculous,  . .  .influenced by your inability to comprehend simple english. if KJV is hard try the message bible.
Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by Nobody: 8:21am On Mar 15, 2010
Noetic16 said:

Amen, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place.   Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.  (Matthew 24:29-35 NAB) (Chei!! See 4-1-9)

Jesus spoke about the last days and the events of the last days. Jesus called all men who would witness the last days as one generation. . . . . . .common sense and historical accuracy would tell anyone that we have been in the last days since the departure of Jesus,  . ,   . .did Jesus in any way imply that He would return in the days of His listeners?,  . . . .Nope.

You are precisely the sort of christian the author alluded to - the type that would twist the ''words of Jesus'' to say what they do not say, in order to cover their inherent falsehood.

Better realise you're dealing with intelligent folks here, not dummies like yourself.
Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by DeepSight(m): 8:33am On Mar 15, 2010
    A lot of Christians ignore what Jesus actually says in the Bible.  They also tend to add things to the actual words to make them say something else.

A truer word has never been said.
Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by DeepSight(m): 8:35am On Mar 15, 2010
Quote from Noetic -

did Jesus in any way imply that He would return in the days of His listeners?,  . . . .Nope.

Look at this blatant lie.

Did Jesus not say that some standing before him would not taste death before he returns?

Good grief.
Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 15, 2010
Deep Sight, you see this is what christianity does to people. It turns them into bare-faced liars.

Which is a bit ironic considering it's the very thing it's supposedly there to prevent. cool
Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by Nobody: 11:51am On Mar 15, 2010
ROSSIKE:

Deep Sight, you see this is what christianity does to people. It turns them into bare-faced liars.

Which is a bit ironic considering it's the very thing it's supposedly there to prevent.   cool

NL allows Anyone to freely display his/her ignorance without being banned afterward.

OP do u believe in the stories recorded in the bible as being true or false?
Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:14pm On Mar 15, 2010
Deep Sight:

Quote from Noetic -

Did Jesus not say that some standing before him would not taste death before he returns?

Good grief.

The greatest lie is when you are being lied to by the father of lies who turns the truth into lies and transform lies into half truths and blatant lies and you see his followers swallowing his lies hook, line and stinker.

Let us see what the Truth said in Matthew 16:28 which was wrongly interpreted and quoted by you and ROSSIKE:

Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in His kingdom.

If you had patiently read further instead of jumping to conclusions (this is the only form of exercise some folks are able to do), you would have realised how this truth spoken by Jesus Christ was being fulfilled there and then.

And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart, [2] And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light. [3] And, behold, there appeared to them Moses and Elias talking with him. . . . [5] While he yet spake, behold a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him. -- Matthew 17:1-3,5

Jesus was referring to Peter, James and John as seeing Him transfigured. They will see Him just as He will appear in the Kingdom when it is set up at the second Advent which was an actual demonstration of His coming in glory to earth to set up His Kingdom (Read Matt.24:29-31 which ROSSIKE partly quoted). Peter spoke of this eyewitness account on the Mount of Transfiguration where they heard God's voice and saw the glory of God and the appearance of Moses and Elijah in 2 Peter 1:16-18

You can now see that this prediction by Jesus was fulfilled 6 days after the prophesy was uttered.
Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by manmustwac(m): 12:32pm On Mar 15, 2010
weldone rossike it even says in John 8:32 that ''The truth will set you free."  grin
Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by DeepSight(m): 12:54pm On Mar 15, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

The greatest lie is when you are being lied to by the father of lies who turns the truth into lies and transform lies into half truths and blatant lies and you see his followers swallowing his lies hook, line and stinker.

Let us see what the Truth said in Matthew 16:28 which was wrongly interpreted and quoted by you and ROSSIKE:

Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in His kingdom.

If you had patiently read further instead of jumping to conclusions (this is the only form of exercise some folks are able to do), you would have realised how this truth spoken by Jesus Christ was being fulfilled there and then.

And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart, [2] And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light. [3] And, behold, there appeared to them Moses and Elias talking with him. . . . [5] While he yet spake, behold a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him. -- Matthew 17:1-3,5

Jesus was referring to Peter, James and John as seeing Him transfigured. They will see Him just as He will appear in the Kingdom when it is set up at the second Advent which was an actual demonstration of His coming in glory to earth to set up His Kingdom (Read Matt.24:29-31 which ROSSIKE partly quoted). Peter spoke of this eyewitness account on the Mount of Transfiguration where they heard God's voice and saw the glory of God and the appearance of Moses and Elijah in 2 Peter 1:16-18

You can now see that this prediction by Jesus was fulfilled 6 days after the prophesy was uttered.

I just cannot get over this. This is just wow! I mean evryy line is completely false and unscriptural.

And this degree of blatant falsehood is being peddled here by  Nairaland's resident gospel-preacher.

Olaadegbu, you of all people could stoop this low?

Look at Jesus' words agian -

Since when did the transfiguration become "the son of man coming in his Kingdom" ? ? ? ?

Everyone knows what the coming of the kingdom of God is - and you shamelessly twist scripture to state that the transfiguration was the coming of the kingdom.

I am dumbstruck.

What lies!
Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by chakula: 1:20pm On Mar 15, 2010
guys which jesus are you talking abuot?
Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by DeepSight(m): 1:27pm On Mar 15, 2010
^^^ Jesu Oyigbo

Amin, amin, amin, amin, amin, amin, amin. . . lo ruko Jeeeeesssuu! ! !
Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:50pm On Mar 15, 2010
Deep Sight:

I just cannot get over this. This is just wow! I mean evryy line is completely false and unscriptural.

And this degree of blatant falsehood is being peddled here by Nairaland's resident gospel-preacher.

Olaadegbu, you of all people could stoop this low?

Look at Jesus' words agian -

Since when did the transfiguration become "the son of man coming in his Kingdom" ? ? ? ?

Everyone knows what the coming of the kingdom of God is - and you shamelessly twist scripture to state that the transfiguration was the coming of the kingdom.

I am dumbstruck.

What lies!

And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits. -- Daniel 11:32

You will only read what you want to see and understand.  I did not say it was His actual second Coming, what I said was that it was an actual demonstration of Christ coming in His glory to earth, that is, how Jesus would appear in glory.  Peter who was one of the eyewitnesses to this event went on to assure us that we have a more sure word of prophecy than the evil bibles that you and ROSSIKE are quoting (2 Peter 1:16-18,19-21).
Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by DeepSight(m): 2:01pm On Mar 15, 2010
^^^ Why are you dribbling about? ? ?
Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by Nobody: 2:02pm On Mar 15, 2010
live bible alone n mind ur quoran.y do dis war and mass murder lovers like picking verses from d bible n turn it all around 2 mean sumfin else wen jesus wasnt using dat verse in dat context.jesus was only illustrating by using d mountain n d sea n u r interpreting it literally.feeble minds.d mass murder u bros  did in jos is not enough,u want 2 start blaspheming on d internet again.pathetic people shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:11pm On Mar 15, 2010
Deep Sight:

^^^ Why are you dribbling about? ? ?

Dribbling is some form of exercise and is different from 'jumping' to conclusions which is the ony exercise some lazy folks get to do.  The only part of the body that is over-exercised is the human jaw. tongue
Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by DeepSight(m): 2:21pm On Mar 15, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits. -- Daniel 11:32

You will only read what you want to see and understand.  I did not say it was His actual second Coming, what I said was that it was an actual demonstration of Christ coming in His glory to earth, that is, how Jesus would appear in glory.  Peter who was one of the eyewitnesses to this event went on to assure us that we have a more sure word of prophecy than the evil bibles that you and ROSSIKE are quoting (2 Peter 1:16-18,19-21).

Olaadegbu why are you peddling deceit with this terrible subterfuge? ? ?

The fact remains that Jesus said clearly -

Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in His kingdom

The transfiguration is NOT a "coming."

So stop trying to defend the indefensible.
Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by Nobody: 3:20pm On Mar 15, 2010
Ok Mr Olaadegbu, what about this quote by ''the lord'':

"Learn a lesson from the fig tree. When its branch becomes tender and sprouts leaves, you know that summer is near. In the same way, when you see all these things, know that he is near, at the gates. Amen, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place.'' (Matthew 24:29-35)

Erm, was he also referring to the transfiguration here? lol

Deep Sight, I can't wait to see how he'll twist this one.

These christians have become experts at twisting the words of their Oyibo god so he sounds less foolish, and less of a fraud than he is.
Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:46pm On Mar 15, 2010
Deep Sight:

Olaadegbu why are you peddling deceit with this terrible subterfuge? ? ?

The fact remains that Jesus said clearly -

Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in His kingdom

The transfiguration is NOT a "coming."

So stop trying to defend the indefensible.

Don't you think that you are being flattered by the father of lies?  Why don't you find out the meaning of transfiguration? then give us your feedback.

You should have learnt from what happened to Voltaire (your predecessor) who predicted that the Bible will be extinct within a hundred years.  Guess what happened? His house became the printing press for the Bible within 50 years of his failed prediction. shocked  His deist religion didn't see that coming did he? And here you are picking up from where your deist apostle left it. undecided
Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by DeepSight(m): 3:48pm On Mar 15, 2010
^^^ Address the issue and stop dribbling.
Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by Nobody: 5:37pm On Mar 15, 2010
ROSSIKE:

"Learn a lesson from the fig tree. When its branch becomes tender and sprouts leaves, you know that summer is near. In the same way, when you see all these things, know that he is near, at the gates. Amen, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place.'' (Matthew 24:29-35)

These christians have become experts at twisting the words of their Oyibo god so he sounds less foolish, and less of a fraud than he is.

I asked u if u believed in the stories of the bible but u ve not responded
Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:20pm On Mar 15, 2010
They assume that they are the only ones who have the monopoly to asking questions.
Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by bgees(m): 7:22pm On Mar 15, 2010
Jesus is not a liar, the stupid white man that wrote the bible is.
Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:04pm On Mar 15, 2010
ROSSIKE:

Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. -- Matt.24:34-35

For those who have eyes to see and ears to hear as well as those who have minds (that has not been darkened) perceive what Jesus Christ was and is still saying: He was here speaking about the last generation or span of life living on earth at the time these events he explained would happen (not of the transfiguration that had passed) and If you carefully observe the events as listed here you will realise that we are now in the said generation that will witness His second Advent, the rapture will preceed His second coming and those of us who look forward to seeing Him must purify themselves even as He is pure(1John 3:2-3).
Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by noetic16(m): 8:09pm On Mar 15, 2010
ROSSIKE:

Noetic16 said:

You are precisely the sort of christian the author alluded to - the type that would twist the ''words of Jesus'' to say what they do not say, in order to cover their inherent falsehood.

Better realise you're dealing with intelligent folks here, not dummies like yourself.

can u not understand a simple passage.

In mathew 24 Jesus talks about several events happening at the end of days. . . . , .when did these events start happening?. . were there no wars and famine during the era in question?. . . . . .what do u understand by the last days?

must u make posts to satiate ur folly?. . . . .whats the sense in the above?
Re: The Many Lies of Jesus by noetic16(m): 8:12pm On Mar 15, 2010
Deep Sight:

Quote from Noetic -

Good grief.

did Jesus categorically say so?

read John 22:12 again, . . 22Jesus answered, "IF I WANT him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me."

when did IF I WANT become a categorical statement? shocked shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

Register Your Church/mosque/religious Group With CAC / "Why Did God Order The Killing Of An Entire People Group? That's Genocide." / The Spiritual Side Of Homosexuality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.