Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,678 members, 7,955,491 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:28 AM

Can I Use My Uk P (not Bc) To Apply For Uk P For My Child Who Was Born In Naija? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can I Use My Uk P (not Bc) To Apply For Uk P For My Child Who Was Born In Naija? (765 Views)

Please Help: How Can I Track My Uk Visa Application - Applicant Status / Renewing My Uk Visa! / I Got My Uk Student Visa In 4 Working Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Use My Uk P (not Bc) To Apply For Uk P For My Child Who Was Born In Naija? by nigeriang: 9:46am On Mar 15, 2010
I am male and was born in the Uk and so have a British passport but I am presently working in Nigeria and I am not with my UK Birth certificate in Nigeria. I already have one child that has a Nigerian passport and aBritish passport (obtained in the UK) and she has been travelling regularly to and from the Uk with me and my wife. My wife uses a Nigeria passport only.

I recently had a second baby girl in Nigeria (in 2009) and would like to know if I can apply for a Uk passport for her with my UK passport as evidence of descent since I dont have my Uk birth cert with me in Nigeria. The website says I should present my UK birth certificate, but can the UK passport take care of this? Please I need urgent reply so I dont have to travel to Uk just to get my birth certificate and then travel again later.
Re: Can I Use My Uk P (not Bc) To Apply For Uk P For My Child Who Was Born In Naija? by mrcharlott(m): 12:41pm On Mar 15, 2010
Well I'll say if they are requesting for your birth certificate in order to get what you need, then travel as fast as you can to get it, and you shouldn't have problem traveling to UK because you are a citizen, because if you take that step now, it can really help the future of that baby.
Re: Can I Use My Uk P (not Bc) To Apply For Uk P For My Child Who Was Born In Naija? by dancewith: 2:53pm On Mar 15, 2010
@poster
you will normally need your birth certificate for that. but you need to first register the birth of your daughter with the British High commission or embassy in the country of your child's birth. You need to do this before applying for her passport
Re: Can I Use My Uk P (not Bc) To Apply For Uk P For My Child Who Was Born In Naija? by nigeriang: 4:30pm On Mar 15, 2010
Thank you so much, I did not know of this. This forum is really good! smiley

(1) (Reply)

Study In South Africa / Nigeria Establishes 4 New Embassies Abroad / Plane Crash At MM1A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.