Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,621 members, 7,823,719 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

I Got My Uk Student Visa In 4 Working Days - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Got My Uk Student Visa In 4 Working Days (11502 Views)

Please Help: How Can I Track My Uk Visa Application - Applicant Status / Renewing My Uk Visa! / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Got My Uk Student Visa In 4 Working Days by mamoh: 5:05pm On Aug 25, 2008
I applied for the Visa on 23rd July and it was ready for collection on the 29th, July.  These are the documents I submitted

Sponsor documents
- Bank account statements totalling about N34m
- Sponsor letter
- Evidence of business registration
- Cof O
- Tax clearance certificate
- Business reciepts (to show daily company transactions)

My documents
- All educational documents
- Unconditional offer letter from the school ( I paid my fees in full)
- Bank statement wt N2m balance
- Reciept for payment of on-campus accomodation deposit ( to prove I have a place to stay when i get to london)
- Birth certificate
- NYSC discharge certificate.
- Share certificates ( as evidence of investments and assets)
- Letter of introduction from the company where I work.

These are all the documents i submitted in addition to my Visa application form and Int'l passport. In my own opinion, i think what the High commisioner looks out for is your commitment to really pursue a degree and if u actually have the money ready to find your studies.  Check out the Law below.

Good luck

Students
Requirements for leave to enter as a student
57. The requirements to be met by a person seeking leave to enter the United Kingdom as a student are that he:

(i) has been accepted for a course of study, or a period of research, which is to be provided by or undertaken at an organisation which is included on the Register of Education and Training Providers, and is at either;

(a) a publicly funded institution of further or higher education which maintains satisfactory records of enrolment and attendance of students and supplies these to the Border and Immigration Agency when requested; or

(b) a bona fide private education institution; or

(c) an independent fee paying school outside the maintained sector which maintains satisfactory records of enrolment and attendance of students and supplies these to the Border and Immigration Agency when requested; and

(ii) is able and intends to follow either:

(a) a recognised full-time degree course or postgraduate studies at a publicly funded institution of further or higher education; or

(b) a period of study and/or research in excess of 6 months at a publicly funded institution of higher education where this forms part of an overseas degree course; or

(c) a weekday full-time course involving attendance at a single institution for a minimum of 15 hours organised daytime study per week of a single subject, or directly related subjects; or

(d) a full-time course of study at an independent fee paying school; and

(iii) if under the age of 16 years is enrolled at an independent fee paying school on a full time course of studies which meets the requirements of the Education Act 1944; and

(iv) if he has been accepted to study externally for a degree at a private education institution, he is also registered as an external student with the UK degree awarding body; and

(v) he holds a valid Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) clearance certificate from the Counter-Proliferation Department of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office which relates to the course, or area of research, he intends to undertake and the institution at which he wishes to undertake it; if he intends to undertake either,

(i) postgraduate studies leading to a Doctorate or Masters degree by research in one of the disciplines listed in paragraph 1 of Appendix 6 to these Rules; or

(ii) postgraduate studies leading to a taught Masters degree in one of the disciplines listed in paragraph 2 of Appendix 6 to these Rules; or

(iii) a period of study or research, as described in paragraph 57(ii)(b), in one of the disciplines listed in paragraph 1 or 2 of Appendix 6 to these Rules, that forms part of an overseas postgraduate qualification; and

(vi) intends to leave the United Kingdom at the end of his studies; and

(vii) does not intend to engage in business or to take employment, except part-time or vacation work undertaken with the consent of the Secretary of State; and

(viii) is able to meet the costs of his course and accommodation and the maintenance of himself and any dependants without taking employment or engaging in business or having recourse to public funds; and

(ix) holds a valid United Kingdom entry clearance for entry in this capacity.

Check out these websites for more information

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/studyingintheuk/

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/infs/inf5students

1 Like

Re: I Got My Uk Student Visa In 4 Working Days by yettidear(f): 9:10pm On Aug 25, 2008
@mamoh

Thank God for your story.It is a good one and thanks for giving details of ur application support documents.

I ave noticed that 90% of the success stories we have on the UK student visa entails full payment of sch fees.Is that a criteria/or a hidden one by the Embassy to use to screen student visas??

It is well!! shocked
Re: I Got My Uk Student Visa In 4 Working Days by n0mi89(m): 11:06am On Aug 26, 2008
@ mamoh

hi friend, iam going to apply for uk student visa in a few days,and i need ur advice.

my maternal uncle is sponsoring me, he has a savings account with 40,000 pounds in it.

in the visa form there is the following question question :

1:has your sponsor set aside a specific amount for your studies?

how should i answer this.

AND did they interviewed your sponsor on telephone?
Re: I Got My Uk Student Visa In 4 Working Days by MaryAnne: 3:00pm On Aug 26, 2008
Am really happy for you and am keying into ur testimony on behalf of those awaiting response, trusting God for positive answers. In Jesus Name, AMEN
Re: I Got My Uk Student Visa In 4 Working Days by mamoh: 3:39pm On Aug 30, 2008
Thanks all
@ n0mi_89
  Sincerly. i don't think am in any position to give an expert advice on how you should answer the question. To answer question 6.1.30 In my application form, I answered 'yes' and the details were 'Tuition fully paid for and 8,000 pounds put in my bank account'. I also stressed this point in the page for additional information( Part 7).  i attached my bank account statement with the application. You may try this also.
  My sponsor wasn't interviewed. They worked on the documents I provided.
Re: I Got My Uk Student Visa In 4 Working Days by callmoh(m): 10:40am On Sep 09, 2008
@mamoh

Wow! that was fast. Am sure the decision to grant you a Visa was made immediately they sighted your application. This is the fastest application I've seen so far. Big congrats!
It might be correct to say they grant student visa to those who pay their tuition in full or at least most part of it. It's very reasonable cos such students wil only need to show and prove that they have enough money for living expenses only.
Besides this, under the new UKBA, it's stated that Visas should be given only to those who benefit the British economy and student who pay tuition benefit them a great deal. Well, it's worth it for those who can afford it cos British universities are world class.
I wish all those intending to apply and those who have applied Good luck!
Re: I Got My Uk Student Visa In 4 Working Days by Tochitee(m): 8:53am On Sep 18, 2021
Please, can any school in the UK offers a 2.2 graduate of 2.6 gp for admission for an msc programme?
Re: I Got My Uk Student Visa In 4 Working Days by iretiogo1: 4:58am On Sep 19, 2021
Tochitee:
Please, can any school in the UK offers a 2.2 graduate of 2.6 gp for admission for an msc programme?
yes the link is for uk student tread
https://www.nairaland.com/6712649/uk-student-visa-tier-4/203

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

South Africa Or China ? / Construction Of Airport Fences To Cost N25bn / Tuberculosis Test For Uk Tier 2 Visa Application: Urgent Appointments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.