Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,921 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators (24991 Views)

Gionee M5 Vs Techno Camon C9 / Compare Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Gionee Marathon M5 Plus / Infinix Hot Note Pro 32gig + 2gig Vs Gionee M5 Vs Infinix Big 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by killzone(m): 7:31am On Dec 30, 2015
Went on my usual trip to nairaland as usual to laugh and saw a review about a phone the Gionee Marathon M5,the guys review was nice tho I was impressed. Then I considered the fact since the Gionee Marathon M5 and Galaxy J7 are at the same price range. Let’s do a comparison the Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7.

Samsung Galaxy J7 Key features
-Dual-SIM phone
-5.5″ Super AMOLED of 720 x 1,280px resolution, ~267ppi
-Snapdragon 615 version: 64-bit chipset, octa-core Cortex-A53 processor (four cores at 1.5GHz and four at 1GHz); Adreno 405 GPU;
-1.5GB of RAM
-Android 5.1 Lollipop with TouchWiz, theme support
-13MP with f1.9 aperture camera capable of 1080p video recording, 5MP with f2.2 aperture front-facing camera, 1080p video
-16GB of built-in storage
-Wi-Fi b/g/n, GPS/GLONASS, Bluetooth 4.1, ANT+
-3,000mAh battery

Gionee Marathon M5
Dual-SIM phone
-5.5″AMOLED of 720 x 1,280px resolution, ~267ppi with corning gorilla glass 3.
-2GB RAM with 32GB internal storage.
-MediaTek MT6735 quad core chipset
-battery 6000Mah
-Android OSv5.1 with amigo v5.1
-Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot Bluetoothv4.0, A2DP.

Let’s take a critical look at the phones.
Design
Gionee Marathon M5
The m5 weighs 211g and measures at 8.5 mm in thickness, which is surprising for a 6000 mAh battery smartphone in 2015.
The 4.7mm edges compensates for the weight giving it a somewhat slim profile.

The device has a very solid case and we’ll built (like a tank) and it feels strong .it features a non removable metal back cover. It has a metal frame and it’s quite comfortable to use with one hand.

Samsung Galaxy J7
The Samsung Galaxy J7 measures 152.2 x 78.7 x 7.5mm (7.9mm on some versions). It’s also 30g heavier at 171g. The device doesn’t feel heavy tho but I have small hands so they don’t really fit but its quite comfortable. It features a removable back cover and This all gives it a bulkier feel and the all-plastic exterior gives away its lower position in the pecking order.

Winner : The Galaxy J7 it’s thinner and much comfortable in your hands.

Display

Before we begin I would like to discuss the difference between the amoled and super amoled display.
Super AMOLED also better brightness and battery life than amoled displays. And Super Amoled are only used by Samsung phones.

Gionee Marathon M5
The m5 features a 5.5 inch AMOLED OGS panel, with a 1280 x 720 pixel resolution .
The display is protected with corning gorilla glass 3 which is less prone to scratches.

Samsung Galaxy J7
The Samsung Galaxy J7 comes with a large Super AMOLED display. In recent years, these have become known for their accurate colors, great sunlight legibility and excellent quality though this particular 5.5″ screen has only 720p resolution.

Winner :it’s a draw for me the marathon m5 comes with Gorilla glass 3 in case of scratches while the galaxy J7 has super amoled display which makes colours more brighter.

Audio Quality
Gionee Marathon M5
The Gionee Marathon M5 produces very clear loud and clean sound output and no muffled, distorted or tiny sound. The headphones are elegant, comfortable and offer great noise canceling and bass.

Samsung Galaxy J7
The smartphone produced had perfectly clean output and above average volume levels here to round up a great showing and with earpiece it’s a whole new level.

Winner : tie

Battery and power consumption

Gionee Marathon M5
The Gionee Marathon M5 comes with a battery capacity of 6020mah and can last an average of 9-11 hours of screen on time.

Samsung Galaxy J7
The Galaxy J7 comes with 3000mah and last an average of 6-8hrs of screen time.

Winner : the Gionee Marathon M5 beats the galaxy J7 hands down.

Performance
Gionee Marathon M5.
The marathon m5 comes with 2GB Of RAM And a MT6735 quad core processor which isn’t that powerful.

Samsung Galaxy J7
The Galaxy J7 comes with 1.5GB RAM and has a snapdragon 615 processor.

Winner : the galaxy J7 comes with a snapdragon 615 octacore processor which is a 64bit chipset even though it’s not a 2GB RAM phone, the processor compensate for that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by killzone(m): 7:33am On Dec 30, 2015
Camera
My favorite part

Gionee Marathon M5
It features a 13mp Samsung sensor(from the SG S4) with f/2.2 aperture with FHD video recording at 30Hz and a 5mp up front.
Here are samples (am going to borrow camera samples from the review on nairaland)

1 Like

Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by killzone(m): 7:35am On Dec 30, 2015
13MP with f1.9 aperture camera capable of 1080p video recording, 5MP with f2.2 aperture front-facing camera, 1080p video.
Here are Camera samples

With flash (in the night)

1 Share

Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by killzone(m): 7:45am On Dec 30, 2015
Without flash

Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by killzone(m): 7:47am On Dec 30, 2015
Front camera (they are mostly selfies),as you know the Galaxy J7 comes with a front flash. Here are the samples

Without flash

2 Likes

Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by CHIMCO(m): 7:50am On Dec 30, 2015
Please give us their prices.
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by killzone(m): 7:55am On Dec 30, 2015
CHIMCO:
Please give us their prices.
bought my galaxy j7 for 48k and the Gionee Marathon M5 goes for 46k

2 Likes

Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by killzone(m): 8:02am On Dec 30, 2015
With flash

1 Like

Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by killzone(m): 8:04am On Dec 30, 2015
Winner : it’s the Galaxy J7.

Software

Gionee Marathon M5
The Gionee Marathon M5 runs on lollipop which has been customized to The Amigo v3.1 which has been found to be fluid and easy to navigate and the AMOLED display makes the user interface more vibrant and colourful.

Samsung Galaxy J7
Samsung phones run on TouchWiz as we all know. The problem of TouchWiz in the past is that it makes the phone lags. But with the Galaxy J7 I haven’t experienced any lagging, most of the S features have been removed, all the ones you can think of smart stay, smart pause, multi window. All of them which makes the interface very fluid.

Winner : tie

Overall both phones are excellent in their areas, if you want a phone that will last longer for a day get the Gionee Marathon M5 but if you are a camera freak and a gamer you can get the galaxy J7.

Source: Naijakick.Com

Kudos to Hotdiamond for the Gionee Marathon M5 review. He is the one that made this possible.

4 Likes

Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 30, 2015
Guy u try, but phone dogfights are not done that way. U need to have both phones in ur hand to be able to make a comparison. It doesn't make sense comparing just on specs and other people's review. Just look at the camera shootout, u had to lift a picture taken by another reviewer and compare with urs. Picture quality are based on lots of factors. The environment, the lightning condition etc. So it would have been better if u had both phones and take pictures at the same environmental and lighting conditions.

21 Likes

Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by killzone(m): 8:45am On Dec 30, 2015
greenhulk:
Guy u try, but phone dogfights are not done that way. U need to have both phones in ur hand to be able to make a comparison. It doesn't make sense comparing just on specs and other people's review. Just look at the camera shootout, u had to lift a picture taken by another reviewer and compare with urs. Picture quality are based on lots of factors. The environment, the lightning condition etc. So it would have been better if u had both phones and take pictures at the same environmental and lighting conditions.
I know just tried to compare sorry am still learning

9 Likes

Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 30, 2015
killzone:
I know just tried to compare sorry am still learning

No biggie. Nice choice u made by going for the j7, same price group as gionee m5, for me I'd pick the Samsung too. I don't care if the gionee is 2gb of ram, j7 runs snapdragon 615 which compensates for the lower ram, the snapdragon 600 on my HTC one m7 still runs like butter. And u just can't beat Samsung camera.

5 Likes

Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by olaide721(m): 9:29am On Dec 30, 2015
killzone:
bought my galaxy j7 for 48k and the Gionee Marathon M5 goes for 46k
I think there is a thread u said it goes for 42500 for M5 I mean and now u said 46k how come? What went wrong ?
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by killzone(m): 9:33am On Dec 30, 2015
olaide721:
I think there is a thread u said it goes for 42500 for M5 I mean and now u said 46k how come? What went wrong ?
they said it increase in price oooo
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by killzone(m): 9:34am On Dec 30, 2015
greenhulk:

No biggie. Nice choice u made by going for the j7, same price group as gionee m5, for me I'd pick the Samsung too. I don't care if the gionee is 2gb of ram, j7 runs snapdragon 615 which compensates for the lower ram, the snapdragon 600 on my HTC one m7 still runs like butter. And u just can't beat Samsung camera.
shey Samsung camera are just I don't even know how to describe them, wanted to get a j5 but I reconsidered and got a j7 instead
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by 4peace(m): 9:36am On Dec 30, 2015
olaide721:

Because he like J7 grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by AKAMS1: 9:36am On Dec 30, 2015
olaide721:

Dollar grin
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by AleriwaTj: 9:37am On Dec 30, 2015
Hmmmmm
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by kekakuz(m): 9:37am On Dec 30, 2015
[size=90pt]am not interested[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by cruzita(f): 9:40am On Dec 30, 2015
even if dem dash me money to buy any of these phones I no go buy any one .
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by saintkel(m): 9:40am On Dec 30, 2015
Lobbish
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by smithvera38: 9:42am On Dec 30, 2015
Hummmmmmm
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by slinkman(m): 9:46am On Dec 30, 2015
Htc and samsung .. Snao dragon yes...
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 30, 2015
Nice review...
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by OCTAVO: 9:48am On Dec 30, 2015
Ok... Following
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 30, 2015
Please I dey look for my iPhone 6plus earpiece abeg who help me see am...... I wan dance skiborobo skibo...... Efe joku ni o....
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by Obas101(m): 9:52am On Dec 30, 2015
please can u compare this two phones with the infinix zero 3. i intend buying a phone within this price range. and also im not concerned with body design so far that's what people have been complaining about in the infinix zero 3
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by GeniusDavid(m): 9:55am On Dec 30, 2015
Dude, Gionee still runs on MTK...
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by merbenko: 9:55am On Dec 30, 2015
Their prices
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 30, 2015
J7 all the way d phone rocks cheesy
Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by Booyakasha(f): 9:57am On Dec 30, 2015
.. My camera at night...

Re: Gionee Marathon M5 Vs Samsung Galaxy J7 : Two Gladiators by seunny4lif(m): 10:02am On Dec 30, 2015
My is J5 ;Dwhile my Guy Na A5 angry
A5 na 2GB while J5 na 1.5GB

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MTN Network Is Down / MTN Illegally Transferred 'mind Boggling' Sum Out Of Nigeria- Yahoo News / Share Your Glo Data Free Day Experience (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.