Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,883 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:33 PM

Here's How I Almost Got Disgraced Last Week When I Ate At Spur Restaurant - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Here's How I Almost Got Disgraced Last Week When I Ate At Spur Restaurant (1747 Views)

See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome / What I Ate In A Rich Man’s House VS What I Eat In My House / The Fufu I Ate Today Got Me Smiling - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here's How I Almost Got Disgraced Last Week When I Ate At Spur Restaurant by OBALORLA(m): 9:07am On Oct 24, 2017

My heart raced like it hadn’t done in months, I could feel the pain with every beat, exactly like that of a timid Lagos ‘danfo’ driver racing on one way.

“Why would Evelyn agree to such crazy suggestion?” “How do I tell the team I haven’t been to this kind of place before? ”“Or Should I tell them I’m not hungry?” “’lemme kuku’ go and use the opportunity to see what the place looks like. At least, I’d brag to Aisha that I ate in Spur restaurant.”

It was a team of 5 and we had come for the sophomore edition of the PROPAK WEST AFRICA CONFERENCE staged at the famous Landmark center VI, but unlike many other events, no food was served, hence the intensity of the hunger.

The Ambiance

Since PWC (the building where Spur restaurant is located) isn’t far from the venue, we soon settled at a table of 6 inside the restaurant which looked more like an amusement park than a house of food.

The service

I was already enjoying the vibe until she came. Fausat should be in her late 20s, her chocolate skin agreed well with the make up she wore, a collaboration which made her attractive even though her cap wasn’t too convenient sitting on her head.

…then my woes began

The first she attended to was My boss and since he was still busy with his phone, He requested for just water with lime.Then she faced me. I should have also requested for the same thing so I can at least observe how others will place theirs if I had known life will be this miserable, but since I didn’t want to fall hands, I decided to risk the ridicule. After all I’ve read well the menu book and she cant be so wicked that she’d ask questions outside the book.

I was also at Cafe Neo Ikoyi. Read my review

Then she started:
She: Hello sir
Me: hi (inaudibly)

She:what would you like to have?
Me: What do you have?

She: ok, we have bla bla bla
Me: * chose all second options (the same thing I did during my post utme in unilag that got me into the merit list…kill yourself)

She: how about drink? What is your preference?
Me: what do you have?

She: water, milk shake, bla bla bla
Me: milk shake

She: strawberry, chocolate, blah bla bla
Me: *already getting frustrated* chocolate

And just when I though food and drink were all I needed to deal with, she came again but let me pause here to talk about the food.

The food

After everything, I quietly pulled Tope closer to ask him If I hadn’t selected the wrong options and he smiled before telling me no, that all I had requested was jollof rice+Chicken with Salad.

“So upon all those questions, all they’d bring?” I said with a disappointed face.

I was still dejected when I overheard Fausat mentioned while taking Chi Chi’s order that if she opts for the day’s special (which was steak), she’d be entitled to a plate of waffle topped with ice-cream. “Perfect!” I shouted within me and hurriedly told her to add it to my menu too (even without knowing what waffle means). I further messed everything when I requested that mine be packaged in a take-away pack since I won’t be able to finish it.

The food arrived few minutes later and for the first time in recent past, appearance of a dish matched the taste. I took every bit with caution and savored the taste till the last grain. Many thanks to Apenuwa Samuel, a friend who thought me how to handle knife and fork 2 years ago.

If the glamorous interior design will be what will take me back to mega chicken, and the awesome customer service will trigger that of Cafe Neo, then my returning to Spur will solely be because of the food.

Cost of the food

I sure would update this space whenever I return to spurs and pay for the food myself.

but for a hint, ensure you have up to 10,000 naira because my eyes saw too many 3,500 while studying the menu.

funfact : everyone finished their food

Though we had a swell time, here are the things I don’t like.

Downsides
– Getting into spur was war, we glided through numerous corners and doors before finally getting in. there was even one particular door that threatened to clip us if we weren’t smart enough but thank god for the kind receptionist who stood by us.

I have also reviewed few other food houses and will still do more.
I record my adventures on www.nomadicnegro.com
Re: Here's How I Almost Got Disgraced Last Week When I Ate At Spur Restaurant by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 24, 2017
reading.
Re: Here's How I Almost Got Disgraced Last Week When I Ate At Spur Restaurant by dingbang(m): 9:25am On Oct 24, 2017
So?
Re: Here's How I Almost Got Disgraced Last Week When I Ate At Spur Restaurant by chizzy161(f): 9:36am On Oct 24, 2017
How much were you paid for advert.
Re: Here's How I Almost Got Disgraced Last Week When I Ate At Spur Restaurant by Mhissgaga(f): 9:39am On Oct 24, 2017
Hmmmmm
Re: Here's How I Almost Got Disgraced Last Week When I Ate At Spur Restaurant by OBALORLA(m): 9:44am On Oct 24, 2017
chizzy161:
How much were you paid for advert.

I wasn't paid ma'am.
I write reviews and report travel adventures on my blog
Re: Here's How I Almost Got Disgraced Last Week When I Ate At Spur Restaurant by chizzy161(f): 11:02am On Oct 24, 2017
OBALORLA:

I wasn't paid ma'am.
I write reviews and report travel adventures on my blog
Ok
Re: Here's How I Almost Got Disgraced Last Week When I Ate At Spur Restaurant by sayo147(f): 9:15am On Oct 25, 2017
So you went for the propak conference, does that mean you make packaging stuff?
Re: Here's How I Almost Got Disgraced Last Week When I Ate At Spur Restaurant by OBALORLA(m): 2:47pm On Oct 25, 2017
sayo147:
So you went for the propak conference, does that mean you make packaging stuff?

I'm a print broker whenever i'm not traveling.
Re: Here's How I Almost Got Disgraced Last Week When I Ate At Spur Restaurant by sayo147(f): 5:01pm On Oct 25, 2017
OBALORLA:

Print broker. What does that mean pls?
Re: Here's How I Almost Got Disgraced Last Week When I Ate At Spur Restaurant by sayo147(f): 5:07pm On Oct 25, 2017
OBALORLA:

That aside, thing is I need something like what's in the picture below .

Re: Here's How I Almost Got Disgraced Last Week When I Ate At Spur Restaurant by OBALORLA(m): 6:21pm On Oct 25, 2017
sayo147:

That aside, thing is I need something like what's in the picture below .

Oh, I only deal in the printing aspect of packaging

(1) (Reply)

10kg Live MONITOR LIZARD For Sale!!! / How To Make Homemade Shawarma / The Best Frying Pan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.