Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,105 members, 7,811,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:44 PM

See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome (58211 Views)

What Even Is This Mess - Caucasian Man Rejects His Nigerian Wife’s Pounded Yam / What I Ate In A Rich Man’s House VS What I Eat In My House / #FufuChallenge: Fufu And Egusi Soup Is Trending Worldwide! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by naijamanyoutube(m): 4:34pm On Dec 10, 2023
I arrived Rome on Wednesday from Helsinki, Finland.

The first day, I met up with an old friend from Uruguay, that I've not seen for over 20 years. He's been living in Italy for almost
20 years after him japa from Uruguay, for greener pasture.

On Thursday, I was craving some Naija food, so I searched on google and I found this spot called Afrik Cavour Kitchen.

Below are some photos. The food was delicious. The total came up to 25 euros because I asked for an extra pounded yam, but then I gave them 5 euros tip, because they were nice people. I would give more, but I'm a poor man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqqNdltFiNI

49 Likes 9 Shares

Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by Coolsat(m): 4:36pm On Dec 10, 2023
Nice combo

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by Stephen0mozzy: 4:36pm On Dec 10, 2023
Mehn....just mehn! Just the way I like my Egusi......before Naija spoilt grin

76 Likes 6 Shares

Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by naijamanyoutube(m): 4:37pm On Dec 10, 2023
Some of the other things on their menu.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by 10mobile: 4:38pm On Dec 10, 2023
Naijamanyoutube, I envy you. It's good to see you eating a Nigerian food the Nigerian way. Some folks would've opted for cutlery. But, I can't understand this: Did you eat this in Rome or Las Vegas? Why is the place so empty? I hope they earn enough to remain in business.

And, don't call yourself a poor man again because, you know, words are powerful. Keep catching cruise and sharing. Nl.fpmod, let's celebrate a guy celebrating our meals across the world.

172 Likes 13 Shares

Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by Babangidapikin: 4:39pm On Dec 10, 2023
Enjoyment

8 Likes

Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by Urheadmaster(m): 5:15pm On Dec 10, 2023
Correct guy cool

7 Likes

Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by tolugar: 5:37pm On Dec 10, 2023
naijamanyoutube:

The first day, I met up with an old friend from Uruguay, that I've not seen for over 20 years. He's been living in Italy for almost

On Thursday, I was craving some Naija food, so I searched on google and I found this spot called Afrik Cavour Kitchen.

Below are some photos. The food was delicious. The total came up to 25 euros because I asked for an extra pounded yam, but then I gave them 5 euros tip, because they were nice people. I would give more, but I'm a poor man.

Here is their address: Via Cavour, 254, 00184 Roma RM

If you want to know about where to find Naija food when you japa, subscribe to my YouTube channel, because I will keep bring new info.

Was just passing in front of the place one day and someone called me and said "Caio we sell Nigerian foods". And I've been patronizing them since.

But At termini there are other Nigerian restaurant there that you can get between €5-€10 and banter with the home boys

76 Likes 11 Shares

Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by Treasure17(m): 5:43pm On Dec 10, 2023
You should have added green bottle. The economy will not allow me to eat such in Nigeria. Tinubu is dealing with us.

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by Rexymania(m): 7:01pm On Dec 10, 2023
25 euros? Man that's a lot of money

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by BigDawsNet: 7:05pm On Dec 10, 2023
naijamanyoutube:

If you want to know about where to find Naija food when you japa, subscribe to my YouTube channel, because I will keep bring new info.

How's the taste?

The food looks nice... be like say Rome no cold this period??

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by BeanmanX(m): 7:41pm On Dec 10, 2023
My nigga you are going places, enjoy yourself. cheesy

12 Likes

Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by Gadafii: 7:47pm On Dec 10, 2023
Jaiye ori e😎😎

This is exactly what I want to do, make that damn money and travel the fuckinggg world, international concerts, festivals, football competitions etc

Just all over the world eating good food and meeting awesome people along the line

Marriage should be the last on a man’s to do list, if at all you desire to marry

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by zeuss: 8:19pm On Dec 10, 2023
50k in naira for egusi ..
..the. Economy there good.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by naijamanyoutube(m): 8:59pm On Dec 10, 2023
Thank you for the reply.

Yes I love eating Naija food with hands, the way it was meant to be eaten.

Maybe the place comes alive later, I was there in the early afternoon and then open till 2AM. This was in Rome, but the video is from Vegas.
I just have not edited the Rome video yet.

Yes words are power, but action is more powerful. As long as the words don't stop me from taking action, no matter how much I say that I'm poor, it will not change anything, just like saying I'm a billionaire will not change jack if I don't do the work.

10mobile:
Naijamanyoutube, I envy you. It's good to see you eating a Nigerian food the Nigerian way. Some folks would've opted for cutlery. But, I can't understand this: Did you eat this in Rome or Las Vegas? Why is the place so empty? I hope they earn enough to remain in business.

And, don't call yourself a poor man again because, you know, words are powerful. Keep catching cruise and sharing. Nlfpmod, let's celebrate a guy celebrating our meals across the world.

108 Likes 5 Shares

Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by naijamanyoutube(m): 9:00pm On Dec 10, 2023
Enjoyment pass for Naija, where it's easily available o! Thank you for your comment.

Babangidapikin:
Enjoyment
Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by naijamanyoutube(m): 9:01pm On Dec 10, 2023
Thank you o! You self correct!

Urheadmaster:
Correct guy cool
Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by naijamanyoutube(m): 9:04pm On Dec 10, 2023
Thank you for the heads up, I'll look for the place near Termini. But if you can drop the address, please do.

I'm 4 minutes walk away from Termini, so that will be great, make I save money small. grin

tolugar:

Was just passing in front of the place one day and someone called me and said "Caio we sell Nigerian foods". And I've been patronizing them since.

But At termini there are other Nigerian restaurant there that you can get between €5-€10 and banter with the home boys

9 Likes

Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by naijamanyoutube(m): 9:05pm On Dec 10, 2023
Which one be green bottle o? Me I no know the lingo o! grin

Treasure17:
You should have added green bottle. The economy will not allow me to eat such in Nigeria. Tinubu is dealing with us.
Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by 9182736455O1999(m): 9:05pm On Dec 10, 2023
zeuss:
50k in naira for egusi .. ..the. Economy there good.
Calm down. E no reach like that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by naijamanyoutube(m): 9:07pm On Dec 10, 2023
Yes e no cheap, but cheaper than what I've been paying in Vegas. Brazil cheap well well. It was like $6 in São Paulo.

This is the video from Brazil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GShapkTu-Sg

Rexymania:
25 euros? Man that's a lot of money

7 Likes

Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by naijamanyoutube(m): 9:09pm On Dec 10, 2023
Sorry to confuse you. The video is from Vegas, last year. Yes Rome is cold.

I'm making videos of Naija restaurants as I travel, so I have videos of different places. I've not uploaded the Rome video yet.

It was delicious.

BigDawsNet:

How's the taste?

The food looks nice... be like say Rome no cold this period??

4 Likes

Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by naijamanyoutube(m): 9:10pm On Dec 10, 2023
Thank you my nigga from another mother! grin

BeanmanX:
My nigga you are going places, enjoy yourself. cheesy
Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by naijamanyoutube(m): 9:12pm On Dec 10, 2023
It looks like say you have the cheat code for life o! grin

You will get there, just keep at it!

Gadafii:
Jaiye ori e😎😎

This is exactly what I want to do, make that damn money and travel the fuckinggg world, international concerts, festivals, football competitions etc

Just all over the world eating good food and meeting awesome people along the line

Marriage should be the last on a man’s to do list, if at all you desire to marry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by naijamanyoutube(m): 9:14pm On Dec 10, 2023
Yes, those selling food are doing good, they just have to make sure they manage it well and follow laws of the land.

Brazil is ripe for taking over with Naija food, especially when it comes to rice. Their rice based food, tastes like shit. And they pour dry garri on everything. lol grin

zeuss:
50k in naira for egusi ..
..the. Economy there good.

2 Likes

Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by Gadafii: 9:32pm On Dec 10, 2023
naijamanyoutube:
It looks like say you have the cheat code for life o! grin

You will get there, just keep at it!

thank you chief

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by zeuss: 9:32pm On Dec 10, 2023
9182736455O1999:

Calm down. E no reach like that.

25 euros plus 5 euro tip....statement of fact no b excitment.

1 Like

Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by Buharidgeneral: 10:52pm On Dec 10, 2023
naijamanyoutube:

Looks like pastor Adeboye s pounded yam
Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by wiseone28: 11:23pm On Dec 10, 2023
Omo how person dey spend him whole life throttling around the world

You do pass Ajala the traveller

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by Armaggedon: 4:33am On Dec 11, 2023
God bless Igbos

2 Likes

Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by RevolverOcelot(m): 5:37am On Dec 11, 2023
It's cheaper than some Naija restaurants in UK. They will charge £25, with Guilder and extra meat it's almost £30. If you convert it to naira your hair will turn grey.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome by BigDawsNet: 6:46am On Dec 11, 2023
naijamanyoutube:
Sorry to confuse you. The video is from Vegas, last year. Yes Rome is cold.

I'm making videos of Naija restaurants as I travel, so I have videos of different places. I've not uploaded the Rome video yet.

It was delicious.

Oh, I get it... enjoy your holiday..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Millions Of Sardines Washed Up On The Sea Shores In The Philippines (Video) / Photo Of N500 Corn At Shoprite / I Caught This Monitor Lizard This Afternoon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.