Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,353 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Tecno Phantom 8 Full Specifications And Price - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Phantom 8 Full Specifications And Price (23415 Views)

Infinix Hot 8 Full Specifications And Price / My Tecno Phantom 8 Unboxing — What's With The Fingerprint Magnet? / Pictures From The Launch Of The New Phantom 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Phantom 8 Full Specifications And Price by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 27, 2017
No matter tecno hypes this phone it wont beat samsung, in 30day price will drop to 35k.
In 2 Months Another Phantom Will Be Released.
Re: Tecno Phantom 8 Full Specifications And Price by maasoap(m): 9:49am On Oct 27, 2017
Adeyeye09:
no matter the specs, u cnt compare a tecno to Samsung
Yeah, I got you. Something like a Samsung phone with 512mb ram, 4inch screen display, 8gb Internal Memory, 1500mah battery and 4.4kitkat OS over any tecno phone just because one is Samsung while the other is Tecno.
Re: Tecno Phantom 8 Full Specifications And Price by maasoap(m): 10:01am On Oct 27, 2017
OCTAVO:

Samsung galaxy A9 pro - https://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a9_pro_(2016)-7903.php

Samsung galaxy C9 Pro - https://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_c9_pro-8347.php
At official exchange rate, A9 is still over N200,000 even with 32gb IM and 4gb RAM.
Re: Tecno Phantom 8 Full Specifications And Price by OYIBN: 10:01am On Oct 27, 2017
A 3500 mAH battery for a 6gb Ram phone is an extremely big minus for the phone. The phone can never appeal to those with technical knowledge about cell phones. My lnfinix Note 4 phone with 3gb RAM has a battery of 4500mAH!
Re: Tecno Phantom 8 Full Specifications And Price by princecalculus(m): 10:08am On Oct 27, 2017
Poor Battery...I Kanno Buy It...
Re: Tecno Phantom 8 Full Specifications And Price by Nedsnow(m): 10:10am On Oct 27, 2017
Freelancerx:
If u wanna criticize do it with sense na. Is that how their 2GB RAM phones be acting like a 500mb RAM device? undecidedor their 13mp camera is like a 3mp own? Una go just dey yarn beans.
So you dey claim say you get sense as you talk so. I can only criticise phones that are worth buying and not all this junks. The only reason why am using Tecno is because I was given at work as my CUG. I don't buy junks bro. Am not saying people that are using it are using Junk but we all have taste baba. To me it's junk, to others it's something. I know how well the one i use hang despite it being 2gig ram. And the camera... Oh God! Don't let me start on that bro. It's like an auto filter shiit came with it. Lol
Don't let us argue jare

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom 8 Full Specifications And Price by samsam2019: 10:13am On Oct 27, 2017
This chinko people no do get one kobo sense.

I mean why do a selfie camera need a whole 20 mega pixel? Does the cam has any other function than to take close selfie pictures? It would have made more sense if it's the rear camera as the pixels can be useful when taking pictures from afar.
Re: Tecno Phantom 8 Full Specifications And Price by dollarnaira: 10:18am On Oct 27, 2017
WaffenSS:

It's not my job to produce phone mouth piece. But those whose job it is had better do a damn good job of it.

Does not take away my right to criticize someone's poor output.

If u are a graduate did u graduate with a 1st class just bc ur duty is to study and study?
Re: Tecno Phantom 8 Full Specifications And Price by dollarnaira: 10:21am On Oct 27, 2017
samsam2019:
This chinko people no do get one kobo sense.

I mean why do a selfie camera need a whole 20 mega pixel? Does the cam has any other function than to take close selfie pictures? It would have made more sense if it's the rear camera as the pixels can be useful when taking pictures from afar.

So u get sense pass all the engineers in tecno abi?I wonder why u dont work in phone manufacturing company.
Re: Tecno Phantom 8 Full Specifications And Price by dollarnaira: 10:27am On Oct 27, 2017
Nedsnow:

So you dey claim say you get sense as you talk so. I can only criticise phones that are worth buying and not all this junks. The only reason why am using Tecno is because I was given at work as my CUG. I don't buy junks bro. Am not saying people that are using it are using Junk but we all have taste baba. To me it's junk, to others it's something. I know how well the one i use hang despite it being 2gig ram. And the camera... Oh God! Don't let me start on that bro. It's like an auto filter shiit came with it. Lol
Don't let us argue jare

Fine,we all v tastes but pls dont call any phone a junk.By the way there many samsungs that hang too bro.Some even have a quota of apps to install with a lot of internal memory free space.Are they junks?No,but business sense.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom 8 Full Specifications And Price by bodmasfem(m): 10:30am On Oct 27, 2017
Check leeco p3 with snapdragon 821, 6 GB ram, 64 ROM, over 4000mah battery for just 90000 naira

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom 8 Full Specifications And Price by Revolva(m): 10:32am On Oct 27, 2017
Wait later dem go brinf phantom 8.s later phantom 9.....
omo all these phones don taya someone ...
Re: Tecno Phantom 8 Full Specifications And Price by OCTAVO: 10:35am On Oct 27, 2017
maasoap:

At official exchange rate, A9 is still over N200,000 even with 32gb IM and 4gb RAM.
Check price on Jumia. It's not up to 200k.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom 8 Full Specifications And Price by KennyID17(m): 10:41am On Oct 27, 2017
kerr9:
my sister bought Samsung Galaxy C9 pro for 114k self last month

Lol, I'll get last year's Galaxy S7 Edge for 130k now, and this junk would never compare to it.
Re: Tecno Phantom 8 Full Specifications And Price by samsam2019: 10:48am On Oct 27, 2017
dollarnaira:

So u get sense pass all the engineers in tecno abi?I wonder why u dont work in phone manufacturing company.
tecno get engineer? Or they just ask some Chinese kids to make phone's and then pit their name on it grin

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom 8 Full Specifications And Price by Acidosis(m): 10:50am On Oct 27, 2017
idris4r83:
but not same specs bro. Before u can get similar Samsung specs of this tecno you must be ready to cough out nothing less than 300k.

Emancipate yourself from the strong holds of certain brands. I also own a budget Tecno phone but I know where to put my money whenever I'm ready to spend a hundred and fifty thousand on a phone.

Tecno shouldn't have gone beyond budget (50k max) phones. If they must imitate high ends, they should at least change their brand perception. Tecno is widely known for cheap and low quality products so whoever is spending this much on the brand "Tecno" is either a "money-miss-road" or an ignorant person.

This is why I said you should emancipate yourself from their strongholds. Google is cheap, check out other Chinese/Indian brands and compare their prices with what Tecno offers in spite having a poor and cheap brand perception.

By the way, samsung galaxy S6 is only 125,000

https://www./samsung-galaxy-s6-32gb-platinum-gold-5548718.html

Samsung Galaxy S7 edge goes for 169k

https://www./galaxy-s7-edge-sm-g935-32gb-gold-samsung-mpg48631.html

and the almighty Galaxy S8 is only 210k

https://www./galaxy-s8-5.8-4gb-64gb-rom-12mp-8mp-single-sim-orchid-grey-samsung-mpg84320.html

The Galaxy S6 is samsung's 2015 flagship yet its specs have largely remained unbeatable for Tecno. At only 5.1 inches, it gathered 1440 x 2560 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~577 ppi density). Can you beat that screen?

Other brands are not as expensive as Tecno has made you to imagine. If you are buoyant enough to spend 150k on a phone, please I take God beg you, first check other brands. Nobody will even believe you if you tell them you spent 150k on your newly acquired Tecno phone. Trust me, it will always look like the regular Camon C8 of 38k. In marketing, we call it "brand perception"

grin

4 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom 8 Full Specifications And Price by bounju(m): 11:01am On Oct 27, 2017
maasoap:

What are the specs for those Samsung phones you mentioned? They have 64gb internal memory? 6gb ram too? Their processor speed is 2.4 ghz? They came with os7 as well? Or, just because they are Samsung phones?
I will be surprised if this tecno price is within that 128k mentioned by @op sef.

The Phantom 6 plus spec is better than the Phantom 8 they brought out, even if the RAM will not make the processor overloaded, the battery will still run down quickly.

The camera of the phone is the same camera that gionee is using for the A1 they just released and its crap and the camera on the phantom 6 plus is made by Sony.

So the best phone that tecno has made well is still the Tecno Phantom 6 plus, But still has some little lapses but it still the best they have done so far and I can prove it if want me to.
Re: Tecno Phantom 8 Full Specifications And Price by TrillionBrains(m): 11:10am On Oct 27, 2017
These guys are just releasing Smartphones every day in this Country. More than 100 phone this year alone. Let them for once Empower us by teaching us how to make one.
Anyways, I use any new phone more than 4yrs if that's their plan grin still Trillionclues
Re: Tecno Phantom 8 Full Specifications And Price by highway215(m): 12:20pm On Oct 27, 2017
128k or more for a phone?What happened to 30-50k phones?That's why some folks are into theft,Internet-fraud,rituals,oloshos etc.
I know some people will start saying am a pauper,fine,go ahead.
Nigeria should keep allowing those manufactures to dump their over costly phones in the country while we commits all sort of atrocities to purchase them.
Some people can really afford it,fine for them.But not for those who will commit to have them.
Do you know the price i purchased a new laptop in Guinea-Bissau was doubled when i priced it in Nigeria?
Stop advertising for all these high-cost phones.
Re: Tecno Phantom 8 Full Specifications And Price by Norman4real(m): 12:24pm On Oct 27, 2017
OCTAVO:
Lol... 128k for Tecno? Like seriously?? You can get Samsung galaxy C9 Pro and Samsung Galaxy A9 pro for same price range.
128,000 equates to about 350$. The C9pro is 450$ at the least. A9pro is more likely to fit the 350k price tag but it's specs are so inferior compared to the Phantom 8.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom 8 Full Specifications And Price by dapotanye(m): 12:29pm On Oct 27, 2017
sorry this has nothing to do with the topic.
please i need a customize whatsapp for android version 2.2, any whatsapp that can work on a samsung phone, model number- GT-I900, firmware version 2.2, kernel version 2.6.32.9, thanks
Re: Tecno Phantom 8 Full Specifications And Price by WaffenSS(m): 12:49pm On Oct 27, 2017
dollarnaira:

If u are a graduate did u graduate with a 1st class just bc ur duty is to study and study?

In your mind do you think you made sense?
Re: Tecno Phantom 8 Full Specifications And Price by OCTAVO: 2:20pm On Oct 27, 2017
Norman4real:
128,000 equates to about 350$. The C9pro is 450$ at the least. A9pro is more likely to fit the 350k price tag but it's specs are so inferior compared to the Phantom 8.
Where are you people getting your outrageous prices from? Have you even visited Samsung stores or checked online stores? Someone on this thread said her sister bought C9 Pro for 114k.
Re: Tecno Phantom 8 Full Specifications And Price by dejiWEST: 2:37pm On Oct 27, 2017
6GB RAM and the camera is just what I like about the phone, can't wait for it to come down
Re: Tecno Phantom 8 Full Specifications And Price by Norman4real(m): 2:59pm On Oct 27, 2017
OCTAVO:

Where are you people getting your outrageous prices from? Have you even visited Samsung stores or checked online stores? Someone on this thread said her sister bought C9 Pro for 114k.
It's possible. Maybe she bought a refurbished model or a used one. But don't take it from me, check on Amazon and see Samsung's official price listing.
Re: Tecno Phantom 8 Full Specifications And Price by Ematexq: 12:10am On Oct 28, 2017
I was just laughing in HD when I compared a picture on my Samsung note 5 with tecno Phantom 6 plus, the screen of the tecno was whitish, the guy just concluded that tecno is rubbish, hehehehe rubbish tecno
Re: Tecno Phantom 8 Full Specifications And Price by Queentito(f): 9:48pm On Oct 29, 2017
Tboy1419:
Just ripping african's people from their hard end money

Ripping? I doubt if you read the specs before commenting
Re: Tecno Phantom 8 Full Specifications And Price by Riyikebaby(f): 9:54pm On Oct 29, 2017
Nedsnow:
At the end of the day, you will discover the 6gb ram will be working like a 2 gig ram, the FHD screen will be displaying like a TFT screen with just glass cover and the 20mp selfie camera will be like an 8mp. So whats the huslte all about?

Before displaying your ignorance like this, please learn how to spell hustle properly
Re: Tecno Phantom 8 Full Specifications And Price by Riyikebaby(f): 9:56pm On Oct 29, 2017
adedayourt:

Glad u observed dat too, same specs with Samsung or iPhone would av gone for a pocket tearing price

To be very honest! but some comments on this thread got me thinking if people really read about specs before commenting negatively
Re: Tecno Phantom 8 Full Specifications And Price by Nedsnow(m): 10:00pm On Oct 29, 2017
Riyikebaby:

Before displaying your ignorance like this, please learn how to spell hustle properly
Yeah. I made a mistake in the spelling. But am just wondering... how much have you made today from your reward for getting the spelling right?

Maybe I should talk to seun to create a new category for you to head? Should we call it "Spellings"?

Ignorance you say right? Well. I can see your father was ignorant to have given birth to a dullard like you anyway. Case closed

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom 8 Full Specifications And Price by datyorubaboy: 1:12am On Oct 30, 2017
6GB Ram is powerful. that phone will be very fast

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Link Your NIN With Your Airtel, MTN, GLO and 9mobile Number / Tecno Fans Outing At Tarkwa Bay, Lagos (Photos) / Tecno N7 Is Officially Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.