Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Pls What Could This Be? (pictures) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pls What Could This Be? (pictures) (1404 Views)

Pls What Can Cause This Stubborn Rash? / Pls What Is The Name Of This Skin Infection / I Saw These Leaves In A Village, They Said It Give Blood, Pls What's It's Name? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls What Could This Be? (pictures) by HighwayTech: 2:58pm On Oct 24, 2017
A few days ago, I began to notice small itchy rashes that turned bigger in size on my knee caps and elbows, some are now spread to my hands. Pls what could this be? Thanks.

Re: Pls What Could This Be? (pictures) by beautygboel(f): 3:00pm On Oct 24, 2017
monkeypox
Re: Pls What Could This Be? (pictures) by HighwayTech: 3:02pm On Oct 24, 2017
I have been to the chemist, I was given prednisolone tablets, one other tablet I do not know its name, anti fungal cream (verbana) similar to skineal, and nixoderm.

But I still do not know what they are; rashes, acne, eczema?
Re: Pls What Could This Be? (pictures) by HighwayTech: 3:04pm On Oct 24, 2017
beautygboel:
monkeypox

Habaaa! aunty, you wicked ooo!

grin grin grin
Re: Pls What Could This Be? (pictures) by ifyalways(f): 3:09pm On Oct 24, 2017
HighwayTech:

Habaaa! aunty, you wicked ooo!

grin grin grin
Shes right actually. Looks like the first stage of monkey pox.

You went to a chemist to mix drugs, is the chemist a lab technician to have run tests on your body fluid samples or a doctor to diagnose?

Dey Dia dey open teeth. Sha Where's your location and please don't spread it.
Re: Pls What Could This Be? (pictures) by HighwayTech: 3:10pm On Oct 24, 2017
Pls anyone to enlighten me on what this is, it's my first time of having this .
Re: Pls What Could This Be? (pictures) by Paulosky1900: 3:11pm On Oct 24, 2017
GO TO A HOSPITAL NT A CHEMIST TO DO A LAB TEST TO KNW WHATSUP BEFORE ITS TOO LATE..
Re: Pls What Could This Be? (pictures) by majamajic(m): 3:11pm On Oct 24, 2017
better go hospital and do lab test..... its infection
Re: Pls What Could This Be? (pictures) by Crownadex(m): 3:18pm On Oct 24, 2017
wait o Op hope u no like bush meat too much sha .....

U never mention maybe it's scratching u or not .... give the full details

Mwhile .....it would be much better if u can go for test directly
Re: Pls What Could This Be? (pictures) by HighwayTech: 3:18pm On Oct 24, 2017
ifyalways:

Shes right actually. Looks like the first stage of monkey pox.

You went to a chemist to mix drugs, is the chemist a lab technician to have run tests on your body fluid samples or a doctor to diagnose?

Dey Dia dey open teeth. Sha Where's your location and please don't spread it.

Monkeypox bawo? shocked

She's a Nurse, she said most likely my body was reacting to a change of cream, and to be honest, I started using a new cream approximately 8 weeks ago, I was using Vaseline and olive oil (a.k.a anointing oil) as cream for several years.
Re: Pls What Could This Be? (pictures) by ifyalways(f): 3:20pm On Oct 24, 2017
HighwayTech:

Monkeypox bawo? shocked

She's a Nurse, she said most likely my body was reacting to a change of cream, and to be honest, I started using a new cream approximately 8 weeks ago, I was using Vaseline and olive oil (a.k.a anointing oil) as cream for several years.
Nurses are not trained or educated to make diagnosis. Go to a hospital and see a doctor.

Abeg, no quote me again. That una monkey box fit Don dey spread electronically cheesy
Re: Pls What Could This Be? (pictures) by HighwayTech: 3:21pm On Oct 24, 2017
Paulosky1900:
GO TO A HOSPITAL NT A CHEMIST TO DO A LAB TEST TO KNW WHATSUP BEFORE ITS TOO LATE..

Thanks, that's what I will be doing first thing tomorrow morning, do General Hospitals offer Lab test, or should I specifically go for a dermatologist?
Re: Pls What Could This Be? (pictures) by HighwayTech: 3:22pm On Oct 24, 2017
ifyalways:

Nurses are not trained or educated to make diagnosis. Go to a hospital and see a doctor.

Abeg, no quote me again. That una monkey box fit Don dey spread electronically cheesy

Haabaa Monkeypox ke?... Don't scare me ooo
Re: Pls What Could This Be? (pictures) by HighwayTech: 3:26pm On Oct 24, 2017
Crownadex:
wait o Op hope u no like bush meat too much sha .....

U never mention maybe it's scratching u or not .... give the full details

Mwhile .....it would be much better if u can go for test directly

It's scratchy/itching me, but I have resisted the temptation to scratch it, I would be going for test, thanks for the advice.
Re: Pls What Could This Be? (pictures) by Paulosky1900: 3:33pm On Oct 24, 2017
HighwayTech:

Thanks, that's what I will be doing first thing tomorrow morning, do General Hospitals offer Lab test, or should I specifically go for a dermatologist?

general hospital is ok...they do lab tests......wish u speed recovering
Re: Pls What Could This Be? (pictures) by blank(f): 4:12pm On Oct 24, 2017
Looks like a reaction to something. Meet a dermatologist for help.
Re: Pls What Could This Be? (pictures) by HighwayTech: 10:17pm On Oct 24, 2017
Paulosky1900:

general hospital is ok...they do lab tests......wish u speed recovering

Thanks a lot.
Re: Pls What Could This Be? (pictures) by HighwayTech: 10:17pm On Oct 24, 2017
blank:
Looks like a reaction to something. Meet a dermatologist for help.

I would after going for a test, thanks a lot.
Re: Pls What Could This Be? (pictures) by HighwayTech: 10:21pm On Oct 24, 2017
And as for those who said it's related to monkeypox, I did some googling, and saw monkeypox has symptoms like fever, headache, exhaustion and whatever as it's first signs after infection.

Mine is just a itchy rash, that starts as a small rash spot and swells a little big to what we have in the pictures in my first post.

Thanks for your contributions anyway.
Attached is a picture of monkeypox symptoms.

Re: Pls What Could This Be? (pictures) by Chartey(m): 10:52am On Oct 26, 2017
HighwayTech:

I would after going for a test, thanks a lot.
There are over a thousand tests existing. How will you or the lab technician/technologist/scientist know which one is relevant to your condition?
Please do the right thing - see a doctor who will diagnose and then tell you which tests you need to do to confirm diagnosis.
It's even very possible you may not need any test because diagnosis for many skin conditions is clinical.
Good luck.
Re: Pls What Could This Be? (pictures) by nelszx: 11:47am On Oct 26, 2017
These are dermatophytes...... Skin fungus

Go see a doctor and you may be given topical cream or drug to help out
Re: Pls What Could This Be? (pictures) by nelszx: 11:54am On Oct 26, 2017
Chartey:

There are over a thousand tests existing. How will you or the lab technician/technologist/scientist know which one is relevant to your condition?
This particular condition requires only ONE test SKIN SCRAPING - To know the particular fungus responsible for such

Please do the right thing - see a doctor who will diagnose and then tell you which tests you need to do to confirm diagnosis
Following the normal cycle - quite true

It's even very possible you may not need any test because diagnosis for many skin conditions is clinical.

Even skin allergies still requires testing sometimes let alone a case of dermatophytoses

Good luck.
Re: Pls What Could This Be? (pictures) by Chartey(m): 2:27pm On Oct 26, 2017
nelszx:

This particular condition requires only ONE test SKIN SCRAPING - To know the particular fungus responsible for such

Following the normal cycle - quite true

Even skin allergies still requires testing sometimes let alone a case of dermatophytoses

I made a statement of fact.
I guess you felt a little slighted by it as a lab person. That was unintended. You didn't need to throw that subtle punch.

1 Like

Re: Pls What Could This Be? (pictures) by nelszx: 3:38pm On Oct 26, 2017
Chartey:

I made a statement of fact.
I guess you felt a little slighted by it as a lab person. That was unintended. You didn't need to throw that subtle punch.

Maybe I read another meaning to the context

I'm sorry if my response sounded like a subtle punch; it wasn't intended.
Re: Pls What Could This Be? (pictures) by IamOlusa(m): 5:06pm On Oct 26, 2017
Visit an hospital for a proper test, it looks like allergic reaction to a drug or cream.
Re: Pls What Could This Be? (pictures) by hidhrhis(m): 7:27pm On Oct 26, 2017
if u had sex with someone without using condom maybe weeks ago go and do std test looks like one of d symotoms besides what other symptoms are u having with it?
Re: Pls What Could This Be? (pictures) by paulpery: 9:55pm On Oct 27, 2017
Lionpox
Re: Pls What Could This Be? (pictures) by ifyalways(f): 5:29pm On Nov 03, 2017
Highwaytech, did you finally see a doctor?

(1) (Reply)

The Story Of My Struggle With Fibroid~how I Got Rid Of Fibroid Without Surgery / Can Artemisia Annua (sweet Wormwood) Cure Corona Virus? / Nutritional Values Of Honey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.