Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Do You Agree With This Lawmaker Who Is Against The Exportation Of Yams? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Agree With This Lawmaker Who Is Against The Exportation Of Yams? (13804 Views)

BREAKING! Court Sacks A'ibom Lawmaker Who Defected To APC, Declares Seat Vacant / The Exportation Of Cannabis Has Both Economical And Medical Impact - Sowore / Fake News On The Exportation Of Yams To Europe & USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Agree With This Lawmaker Who Is Against The Exportation Of Yams? by NaijaNewsPapers: 5:58pm On Oct 24, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Agree With This Lawmaker Who Is Against The Exportation Of Yams? by psucc(m): 6:01pm On Oct 24, 2017
Op are you asking or . . . ? I'm sure you heard the last export were rejected in the UK for being substandard?

Go to the market and ask the price of an average tuber of yam. You'll understand why the Senator made that statement.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Agree With This Lawmaker Who Is Against The Exportation Of Yams? by NaijaNewsPapers: 6:07pm On Oct 24, 2017
i JUST wish this can be on home page.. mynd44

1 Like

Re: Do You Agree With This Lawmaker Who Is Against The Exportation Of Yams? by Classicjadon(m): 6:13pm On Oct 24, 2017
my last visit to Chad.coming back.. Omo i fear oooh because the type of custom officers checking dose coming in, i was like was is going on?, Nigeria is too hungry to export foods and its related.. Most annoying is dos food will get damage/condemn after been export to other countries. God help us

7 Likes

Re: Do You Agree With This Lawmaker Who Is Against The Exportation Of Yams? by Guyman02: 6:23pm On Oct 24, 2017
Why wont we support him, you should export the excess of what you produce or as trade by barter, APC is desperate to put up a facade of its Agricultural 'revolution' yielding results that they mop up yam tubers in the local market and send to America, spending more on media advert than the profit they hope to make from the export.

Indians and Lebanese merchants are in Plateau and Mambila areas planting Irish potatoes and processing same for our local and regional supermarket chains and targeting west African markets while our Govt and citizens are busy making a mockery of ourselves with yam and Ugu exports we dont have enough.

I just watched the viral video of the school feeding programme where primary school kids are fed with N50 bread to 4 pupils, why not substitute the bread with the available yam if we think we have enough yams.

Let us start by targeting African markets, when we improve we can can then look for markets in Europe and America which imposes more stringent conditions on every import that comes into their countries.

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Do You Agree With This Lawmaker Who Is Against The Exportation Of Yams? by Nawteemaxie(m): 6:23pm On Oct 24, 2017
I should watch the video? With this 20mb wey I borrow?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Agree With This Lawmaker Who Is Against The Exportation Of Yams? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 24, 2017
We done finish for this country oooo
Re: Do You Agree With This Lawmaker Who Is Against The Exportation Of Yams? by Paperwhite(m): 6:25pm On Oct 24, 2017
It's the same yams that were roundly rejected by the US? And Nigeria have one archaic old man as minister of agriculture?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Agree With This Lawmaker Who Is Against The Exportation Of Yams? by kay29000(m): 6:25pm On Oct 24, 2017
His English was bad but he made a lot of sense. Why export when the one we have isn't enough...that would just drive up the price of the little yam remaining and greatly affect the masses.

13 Likes

Re: Do You Agree With This Lawmaker Who Is Against The Exportation Of Yams? by igbozionism(m): 6:28pm On Oct 24, 2017
he is actually right. we need these yams here to force down the local price of yams.

check my signature and you won't regret being in my group

1 Like

Re: Do You Agree With This Lawmaker Who Is Against The Exportation Of Yams? by oz4real83(m): 6:28pm On Oct 24, 2017
Other countries are exporting their surpluses while Nigeria is exporting the food meant for her people all in the name of ''export'' and ''foreign exchange'' thereby leaving her people in hunger. It is well.

19 Likes

Re: Do You Agree With This Lawmaker Who Is Against The Exportation Of Yams? by ninocia18(m): 6:32pm On Oct 24, 2017
Are exporting yam that Nigerians will eat so that we will eat what? We never crawl finish, na fly dey hungry us.

6 Likes

Re: Do You Agree With This Lawmaker Who Is Against The Exportation Of Yams? by hisgrace090: 6:35pm On Oct 24, 2017
Yes I support him.
You don't export what you don't have for exportation sake.

Attaining Local sufficiency before anything is the rull.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Agree With This Lawmaker Who Is Against The Exportation Of Yams? by columbus007(m): 6:35pm On Oct 24, 2017
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Agree With This Lawmaker Who Is Against The Exportation Of Yams? by princemillla(m): 6:36pm On Oct 24, 2017
He is right

3 Likes

Re: Do You Agree With This Lawmaker Who Is Against The Exportation Of Yams? by begwong: 6:37pm On Oct 24, 2017
As par as za message was fassed I agree wiz am walahi mallam ✔

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Agree With This Lawmaker Who Is Against The Exportation Of Yams? by michaelisaiah: 6:37pm On Oct 24, 2017
Bcoz he doesn't want poor to benefit in it that's y He know only about he's pocket
Re: Do You Agree With This Lawmaker Who Is Against The Exportation Of Yams? by EternalTruths: 6:39pm On Oct 24, 2017
The lawmaker is wrong.

What he should emphasize on are

1) Produce yams that meet international standards.

2) Grow more yams for both local & foreign consumption in order to boost our dollar inflow.

3) Process that yam into much useful products that can boost our dollar inflow.

Nigerians keep blabbing about diversification of their economy without understanding what it means.

Yam exportation is one means to diversify the economy.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Agree With This Lawmaker Who Is Against The Exportation Of Yams? by michaelisaiah: 6:39pm On Oct 24, 2017
He only know about his pocket that's why
Re: Do You Agree With This Lawmaker Who Is Against The Exportation Of Yams? by crismark(m): 6:42pm On Oct 24, 2017
thunder strike his useless mouth down for trying to spoil other peoples business
Re: Do You Agree With This Lawmaker Who Is Against The Exportation Of Yams? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Oct 24, 2017
am i the only one? Why cant a cooked yam stay in my stomack for up to 5hr?

1 Like

Re: Do You Agree With This Lawmaker Who Is Against The Exportation Of Yams? by crismark(m): 6:46pm On Oct 24, 2017
hisgrace090:
Yes I support him.
You don't export what you don't have for exportation sake.

Staining sufficiency before anything is the rull.
mumu!!! oya tell him to move for d motion of reduction of their salary...abi nigeria is in recession

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Agree With This Lawmaker Who Is Against The Exportation Of Yams? by Yello1(m): 6:47pm On Oct 24, 2017
Our yam don finish now onto say some people won sha export something by fire by force.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Agree With This Lawmaker Who Is Against The Exportation Of Yams? by jerryunit48: 6:47pm On Oct 24, 2017
So so embarrassing while trying to make sense
Re: Do You Agree With This Lawmaker Who Is Against The Exportation Of Yams? by SalamRushdie: 6:48pm On Oct 24, 2017
Audu Ogbe should be facing charges for attempt to orchestrate food scarcity during a biting recession , he myopic and poorly thought out plan to export scarce yam in a shoddy manner which saw a major harvest of yam get rejected by the Europeans and the all ended up rottening and causing a scarcity of yams in the open market for locals

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Agree With This Lawmaker Who Is Against The Exportation Of Yams? by zoeshalom(m): 6:48pm On Oct 24, 2017
we should only export, when have sufficiently met our local consumption

1 Like

Re: Do You Agree With This Lawmaker Who Is Against The Exportation Of Yams? by EternalTruths: 6:51pm On Oct 24, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Audu Ogbe should be facing charges for attempt to orchestrate food scarcity during a biting recession , he myopic and poorly thought out plan to export scarce yam in a shoddy manner which saw a major harvest of yam get rejected by the Europeans and the all ended up rottening and causing a scarcity of yams in the open market for locals

Banning exportation of yam is wrong.

We should work on meeting international standard and increasing quantity through our local farmers in order to help some unpaid civil servants who have farms to raise money for themselves.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Agree With This Lawmaker Who Is Against The Exportation Of Yams? by EternalTruths: 6:53pm On Oct 24, 2017
zoeshalom:
we should only export, when have sufficiently met our local consumption

You are wrong.

We should approach the countries we intend to export to and ask them the type of yam they want and if possible, collect the specie from them and mass produce them in Nigeria in order to help States increase their IGR.

The states can then be told to partner with local farmers to increase their export so that not only will they increase their IGR but some unpaid civil servants can generate money from the yams they export through their state governments.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Agree With This Lawmaker Who Is Against The Exportation Of Yams? by lacoach: 6:55pm On Oct 24, 2017
You can't give what you don't have in exchange of money. We are hungry and We need the yam badly .we cannot export our farm produce when we don't even have it in abundance. Nigerians should see reason with the senator and stop the exportation of yam garri and beans before we starve to death.

1 Like

Re: Do You Agree With This Lawmaker Who Is Against The Exportation Of Yams? by omoadeleye(m): 6:55pm On Oct 24, 2017
No
Re: Do You Agree With This Lawmaker Who Is Against The Exportation Of Yams? by EternalTruths: 6:57pm On Oct 24, 2017
lacoach:
You can't give what you don't have in exchange of money. We are hungry and We need the yam badly .we cannot export our farm produce when we don't even have it in abundance. Nigerians should see reason with the senator and stop the exportation of yam garri and beans before we starve to death.

How do you think a state like Ekiti can increase her IGR outside taxation since taxation can't generate much for her.?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ajaokuta Steel Mill Gets N360bn Excess Crude Account Lifeline / Nigeria Will Be Among Top Investment Countries In 2019 - Buhari Assured / Ize-Iyamu Campaigns For Jude Imagwe (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.