Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible (2215 Views)

Atheist, Agnostic, Deist, And Theist. Basic Things In Understanding Them / Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by hopara1(m): 11:46am On Oct 26, 2017
PastorAIO:

christianity comes in all shapes and sizes.
maybe you coming from some other angle,please what are you trying to say to mesizes? Shapes?
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by hopara1(m): 11:48am On Oct 26, 2017
PastorAIO:

christianity comes in all shapes and sizes.
maybe you are coming from some other angle,please what are you trying to say to mesizes? Shapes?
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by PastorAIO: 12:19pm On Oct 26, 2017
hopara1:
maybe you are coming from some other angle,please what are you trying to say to mesizes? Shapes?

It's not that important. I was just being flippant. The point, which I don't really care to labour, is that there are so many people, and a very various lot, claiming authenticity and knowing what christianity stands for.
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by hopara1(m): 2:00pm On Oct 26, 2017
PastorAIO:

It's not that important. I was just being flippant. The point, which I don't really care to labour, is that there are so many people, and a very various lot, claiming authenticity and knowing what christianity stands for.
Ok,well whomsoever can make a claim whatsoever of been knowledgeable of anything...but a Christain simple put:is a person who imitate /behave like and live by the teachings of Christ.
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:06pm On Oct 26, 2017
hopara1:
Ok,well whomsoever can make a claim whatsoever of been knowledgeable of anything...but a Christain simple put:is a person who imitate /behave like and live by the teachings of Christ.

1. What are the teachings of Christ?

Matt. 19 vs 17 says "Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments."

2. What commandments?

There are over two hundred translations of the Bible in English only and which can we say is the most correct?

Let us read John 3:16 in like 8 versions of the English Bible

1.John 3:16 Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (RSVCE)

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

2.John 3:16 21st Century King James Version (KJ21)

16 “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

3.John 3:16 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his only and unique Son, so that everyone who trusts in him may have eternal life, instead of being utterly destroyed.

4.John 3:16 Christian Standard Bible (CSB)

16 For God loved the world in this way:[a] He gave[b] his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

5.John 3:16 Wycliffe Bible (WYC)

16 For God loved so the world [Forsooth God so loved the world], that he gave his one begotten Son, that each man that believeth in him perish not, but have everlasting life.

6.John 3:16 International Standard Version (ISV)

16 “For this is how God loved the world: He gave his uniquely existing Son so that everyone who believes in him would not be lost but have eternal life.

7.John 3:16 Disciples’ Literal New Testament (DLNT)

16 “For[a] God so[b] loved the world that He gave His only-born Son, in order that everyone believing in Him may not perish, but may have eternal life.

8.John 3:16 Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)

16 For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten ([a]unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.

lipsrsealed
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by hopara1(m): 3:54pm On Oct 26, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

Matt. 19 vs 17 says "Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments."

2. What commandments?

There are over two hundred translations of the Bible in English only and which can we say is the most correct?

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Please if it's a question i will try to answer it later.Remeber translations are author's explanation to targeted audience...and you must know that the Holy writings in it original form are without errors!Try the interlinear of it original language and how the author's derive their explantion/translation,to know their reason for some choice of word.
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by GodsMopol: 4:02pm On Oct 26, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

2. What commandments?

16 “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his only and unique Son, so that everyone who trusts in him may have eternal life, instead of being utterly destroyed.

16 For God loved the world in this way:[a] He gave[b] his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

16 For God loved so the world [Forsooth God so loved the world], that he gave his one begotten Son, that each man that believeth in him perish not, but have everlasting life.

16 “For this is how God loved the world: He gave his uniquely existing Son so that everyone who believes in him would not be lost but have eternal life.

16 “For[a] God so[b] loved the world that He gave His only-born Son, in order that everyone believing in Him may not perish, but may have eternal life.

16 For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten ([a]unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.

lipsrsealed

Each translation has something in common, even when you read each verses, they pass the same message, I don't know what it is with the version conspiracy
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by Rashduct4luv(m): 5:11pm On Oct 26, 2017
GodsMopol:

Each translation has something in common, even when you read each verses, they pass the same message, I don't know what it is with the version conspiracy

Even the blind can see the conspiracy in the translations...one and only son, only son, begotten son, uniquely existing son, etc. are they the same?
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by GodsMopol: 8:52pm On Oct 26, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

Even the blind can see the conspiracy in the translations...one and only son, only son, begotten son, uniquely existing son, etc. are they the same?

Which of them said Sons?? at least you know its a singular person its referring to
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:58am On Oct 27, 2017
GodsMopol:

Which of them said Sons?? at least you know its a singular person its referring to

Who is saying sons here? instead of you to answer the question, you are avoiding it!
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by hopara1(m): 9:52am On Oct 27, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

Who is saying sons here? instead of you to answer the question, you are avoiding it!
please my brother there is no difficult in Understanding those translations(English is advancing everyday),though they have a targeted audience which made some to use adjective/or more additional words,that alone didnt change the entire meaning,which states that God loves the world and Christ died for all!
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:23am On Oct 27, 2017
hopara1:
please my brother there is no difficult in Understanding those translations(English is advancing everyday),though they have a targeted audience which made some to use adjective/or more additional words,that alone didnt change the entire meaning,which states that God loves the world and Christ died for all!

Stop shying away from the evident errors from this translations! only son is not equal to one & only son which is also not equal to begotten son which is not equal to uniquely existing son!
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by hopara1(m): 10:41am On Oct 27, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

Stop shying away from the evident errors from this translations! only son is not equal to one & only son which is also not equal to begotten son which is not equal to uniquely existing son!
You begining to sound funny...I now know you are only interested to find errors where there is none,goodluck in your search! Ironical Englishman.
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by hopara1(m): 10:43am On Oct 27, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

You are begining to sound funny...I now know you are only interested to find errors where there is none,goodluck in your search! Ironical Englishman.
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:48am On Oct 27, 2017
hopara1:
You are begining to sound funny...I now know you are only interested to find errors where there is none,goodluck in your search! Ironical Englishman.

You are free to run away from the truth! goodluck!
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by hopara1(m): 10:55am On Oct 27, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

You are free to run away from the truth! goodluck!
Mr ironically truth man...we will all know the real truth when the time come! Every wrong path taken have consequenses.
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by PastorAIO: 10:59am On Oct 27, 2017
hopara1:
Mr ironically truth man...we will all know the real truth when the time come! Every wrong path taken have consequenses.

Very Ironicalistic o!
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by Rashduct4luv(m): 11:07am On Oct 27, 2017
hopara1:

I know you will have no explanation to give on this. Why not keep mute?

Please if you can't explain, keep mute!
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by hopara1(m): 11:07am On Oct 27, 2017
by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:36am What are this Shiites' problem?
Na Salafi-Phobia go kill una dm. 1. I am Salafy. 2. I am Sunni (Ahl Sunnah). 3. I am a Muslim upon the understanding of the pious predecessors (Salafs)! 4. Only a sane mind will know that 1=2=3 and name calling doesn't matter except the Aqeedah. Anyways, they are Shiites, the haters & Cursers of Most Sahabahs/ Salafs except a few of them. Nothing good comes from this kinda thread.
Please after reading this,I now know your type...am giving you a very long type distance biko,ejoo,yan ankuri!
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by Rashduct4luv(m): 11:10am On Oct 27, 2017
hopara1:
Please after reading this,I now know your type...am giving you a very long type distance biko,ejoo,yan ankuri!

Abeg wetin be my type! You don't even understand the post. One can not coman comment in peace again? Keep Mute bro!
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by hopara1(m): 11:13am On Oct 27, 2017
Abeg one of your own is asking
"Why Did You Leave Sunni Islam For Shia Islam?" by Elbinawi: 7:21pm On Oct 24 A Christian brother from Nigeria asked me: "Why did you leave Sunni Islam for Shia Islam?" I answered him: "The Wahhabi contamination of Sunni Islam hijjacked Sunni Islam and removed love, mercy, tolerance, compassion and humanity from Islam. They replaced them with hate, intolerance, inhumanity and murderous terrorism. I left........ In Wahhabi contamination of Sunni Islam, it is forbidden to address Christians as "brothers and sisters" due to intolerance and hate. The first Shia Imam, Ali Ibn AbuTalib (as), declared humanity as brothers and sisters in creation."
#ElbinawiTweet
@Rashduct4luv
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by Rashduct4luv(m): 11:25am On Oct 27, 2017
hopara1:
Abeg one of your own is asking@Rashduct4luv

Their Leader ZakyZaky has been arrested and imprisoned by President Buhari. Let him rant.
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by hopara1(m): 11:31am On Oct 27, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

Their Leader ZakyZaky has been arrested and imprisoned by President Buhari. Let him rant.
Bros sorry for almost derailing the topic issue, I really thought you guys should have believe in thesame thing but you see- people have different ways of understanding the same thing!
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by hopara1(m): 12:28pm On Oct 27, 2017
We can't blame the tree for the defect of a few fruits on it.
In a thread About one blowing one self in Islam.
A great quote from our dear brother Rashduct4luv
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by Rashduct4luv(m): 12:39pm On Oct 27, 2017
hopara1:
In a thread About one blowing one self in Islam.
A great quote from our dear brother Rashduct4luv

grin shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by hopara1(m): 12:41pm On Oct 27, 2017
A quote by Rashduct4luv
If our Aqeedah is defective,what can we build on it that will stand? Boko Haram and other came about as a result of a defective aqeedah. It's high time we corrected our Aqeedah!
Tolerance cures ignorence! We only study wide to learn wide,because a reader stands the chance to be a good leader!
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by Rashduct4luv(m): 12:44pm On Oct 27, 2017
hopara1:
A quote by Rashduct4luv
Tolerance cures ignorence! We only study wide to learn wide,because a reader stands the chance to be a good leader!

And can you define tolerance?
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by hopara1(m): 12:47pm On Oct 27, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

And can you define tolerance?
Please don't you have a dictionairy?
Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by PastorAIO: 12:55pm On Oct 27, 2017
This ignorance is too painful. Let me attempt to put it to rest.

Monogenes has two primary definitions, "pertaining to being the only one of its kind within a specific relationship" and "pertaining to being the only one of its kind or class, unique in kind".[1] Thus monogenēs (μονογενὴς) may be used both as an adjective monogenēs pais, meaning un
ique and special.[2] Its

Genes in Greek means to begot or reproduce of the same type.
The mono part is Greek for the only single.

When translating from one language to another it is impossible to fully capture the nuances in the original language and transfer that to the new language. This is true of every translation including the Koran from medieval Arabic to whatever. Even from medieval Arabic to modern Arabic.

For an exercise do this at home. Translate from Yoruba:

E Ka ro = good morning ( is it really good morning?)

Okay how about...
E ku irole = good evening. (Really?)

Okay what about
E ku Ijoko? Lol. Oya, anybody that thinks they understand Yoruba and mastered ironical English should please come and translate that one.

Different translators can use different English words to try and convey the original Greek meaning. This is the same case with translations of the Koran. Unless you want to claim that all translations of the Koran use exactly the same words.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible by hopara1(m): 1:13pm On Oct 27, 2017
@PastorAIO
Thanks for your that simple explanation! I just relax sometimes watching some know-it-all people making fun of themselves... Speaking from both side of their mouth!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Crushing The Head Of Poverty: Dr. D.K. Olukoya (MFM) / Eminent Christian Scientist (francis Collins) Explains The Evolution Of Humans / Rev. Chuks Ogbueli In Awka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.