Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,968 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues (3420 Views)

When You Have To Hold Something Despite Not Being Drunk With Alcohol / Bacchus/dionysus The Demon Of Wine&the Corruption Of God's Servants. / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 9:46pm On Oct 25, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
IT IS WHEN THE HOLY SPIRIT ENABLES YOU TO SPEAK A LANGUAGE THAT IS NOT YOUR TONGUE, SO THAT YOU CAN IMPACT AND MINISTER THE ETERNAL TRUTH OF GOD TO PEOPLE OF THAT TONGUE
Good
but how many times was speaking in tongues recorded in the bible
Why did it have to happen at those particular times?
What were the core objectives it was aiming to achieve?

bloodofthelamb:
PRAYING IN THE SPIRIT IS PRAYING ACCORDING TO THE LEADING OF THE SPIRIT...
TIMOTHY SPOKED IN THE SPIRIT WHEN HE WAS BROUGHT BEFORE HIS ACCUSERS...
I know you meant to type Stephen instead of Timothy

bloodofthelamb:
CHRIST SAID YOUR FATHER WILL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WILL SAY AT THAT HOUR...FORGIVE ME FOR NOT QUOTING SCRIPTURE..
Dont be too hard on yourself, Jesus, Paul and others, also are known to paraphrase scripture in manner or style you've just done
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 9:49pm On Oct 25, 2017
UmarIbnShittu:
Can we pls continue tomorrow I have to wake very early tomorrow
Anytime, I can be online at the drop of a hat
We dont want you being grouchy tomorrow for lack of a good night sleep, or do we now
Have a good night bro
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 10:00pm On Oct 25, 2017
UmarIbnShittu:
I'm damn serious about that
If you believed that, then you've been had by your friends
They've said things that are not true and caused you to believe all

UmarIbnShittu:
no I don't like football
I dont like football either, at least not enough to be cheering a team.
Never mind, it doesnt matter, as I was going to pull you up on the team spirit,
you know the one that turns games around, ginger football players up and wins matches for the team

UmarIbnShittu:
Hw else do you want me to explain it to you?
You've lost me
this is why you need to explain it, so we can be on the same page or same footing
I want to see it, how you see it.
I want to know it, how you know it

UmarIbnShittu:
Pastors use it mostly to perform. Miracles
To perform miracles?
What sort of miracles?
Give a list of the miracles
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by analice107: 10:08pm On Oct 25, 2017
GodsMopol:
Acts 2:13 Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine.

Acts 2 is popularly known by the ignorant folks to be a school where different languages are spoken and as a result. They religiously tag speaking in tongues to a language only and nothing else

The verse above spoke about a sect of folks that never heard anything and their confession were different, I don't know if they heard them praising, but they happen to have a different confession "this men are speaking gibberish"

In case you want to be enlighten about the topic called speaking in tongues, you must see verses like Romans 8:26-27 where tongues was said to be used for praying rather than preaching.

I believe the Bible linked tongues to prayer than preaching, but our standards today is the language
What are you even saying here?
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by bloodofthelamb(m): 10:09pm On Oct 25, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Good
but how many times was speaking in tongues recorded in the bible
What were the core objectives it was aiming to achieve? SALVATION

I know you meant to type Stephen instead of Timothy THANK YOU FOR CORRECTING ME... I MEANT BROS STEPHEN.

Jesus, Paul and others, also are known to paraphrase scripture in manner or style you've just done
OK MISS!
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by analice107: 10:23pm On Oct 25, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
What is the meaning of your "THE GENUINE TONGUE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT" wording?
Also share how you
and then how does one or how can one "PRAY IN THE SPIRIT"?
I never knew you were a 'MA'.
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by analice107: 10:27pm On Oct 25, 2017
MuttleyLaff:

you know the one that turns games around, ginger football players up and wins matches for the team

You've lost me
this is why you need to explain it, so we can be on the same page or same footing

To perform miracles?
What sort of miracles?
I like how you are taking him. He is a muslim here to scorn, but he met you. hardluck.

1 Like

Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 10:28pm On Oct 25, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
OK MISS!
How many times was speaking in tongues recorded in the bible?
What were the core objectives it was aiming to achieve?

It is not OK, to miss answering all the questions
Though its objectives that were asked, good attempt, tried with giving just one (i.e. salvation)
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 10:34pm On Oct 25, 2017
analice107:
I never knew you were a 'MA'.
My sister the misconception must have rubbed off the thread's title
We are now oscillating from Misconception About Tongues to Misconception of Gender
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by analice107: 10:40pm On Oct 25, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
My sister the misconception must have rubbed off the thread's title
We are now oscillating from Misconception About Tongues to Misconception of Gender
Hahahahahahahahahha. But you let him go on calling you Miss. lolzzzzz.
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 10:48pm On Oct 25, 2017
analice107:
Hahahahahahahahahha. But you let him go on calling you Miss. lolzzzzz.
Well, it's no skin off my nose
Besides, it was the least of my concerns and whatever floats his boat
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by UmarIbnShittu(m): 6:27am On Oct 26, 2017
MuttleyLaff:

You've lost me

To perform miracles?
What sort of miracles?
curing blind the sick etc
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 7:16am On Oct 26, 2017
UmarIbnShittu:
curing blind the sick etc
Oh yeah, please elaborate and tell more about how precisely and exactly this is done
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by GodsMopol: 11:12am On Oct 26, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
SIR, I DON'T SPEAK IN THIS TWENTY FIRST CENTURY TONGUES, AND I DON'T BELIEVE IN IT...BUT, I BELIEVE IN THE GENUINE TONGUE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT...

"WHEN SOMEONE IS FILLED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT, EVERY THING THE PERSON DOES IS IN THE SPIRIT, EVEN PRAYING, TALKING AND WALKING."..

CHRIST OUR LORD NEVER PRAYED IN AN UNINTELLIGENT WORDS, BUT THE SCRIPTURE RECORDED THAT HE PRAYED, TAUGHT AND REJOICED IN THE SPIRIT, BECAUSE HE WAS FILLED WITH THE SPIRIT... BRO, IT IS NOT UNTIL YOU UTTER SOME NONSENSE THAT HAS NO MEANING, THAT IS WHEN YOU WILL KNOW THAT YOU ARE PRAYING IN THE SPIRIT.
okay
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by GodsMopol: 11:28am On Oct 26, 2017
UmarIbnShittu:

K
When a pastor is in the spirit speaking in tongues does a second party(another man) understand what he is saying or is only the pastor that understand what he speaks

A pastor is not expected to speak in tongues in the church settings as a means of communication. People won't understand

The Bible spoke about Paul saying, its better to say 5 understandable words in understanding, so people(church) will learn than 10000 words in tongues and no one understands

1 Corinthians 14:5 I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.

Paul is saying here, you can speak in tongues, but notice, he said, except he interpret. So, tongues shouldn't be spoken that much in the church, and moreover, Paul said, I speak in tongues more than ye all

1 Corinthians 14:19 Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.

Well, I realise you are a Muslim, so, cased closed
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 12:45pm On Oct 26, 2017
GodsMopol:
A pastor is not expected to speak in tongues in the church settings as a means of communication. People won't understand
Really?
Wouldn't the people understand if the pastor speaks in known tongues
Better still, interprete or get interpretation if speaking in an unknown tongue

GodsMopol:
The Bible spoke about Paul saying, its better to say 5 understandable words in understanding, so people(church) will learn than 10000 words in tongues and no one understands

1 Corinthians 14:5 I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying

Paul is saying here, you can speak in tongues, but notice, he said, except he interpret. So, tongues shouldn't be spoken that much in the church, and moreover, Paul said, I speak in tongues more than ye all

1 Corinthians 14:19 Yet in the church, I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue
What is tongues in all those contexts?

GodsMopol:
Makes fishers of men become more worthwhile doesn't it?
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by UmarIbnShittu(m): 5:27pm On Oct 26, 2017
GodsMopol:

1 Corinthians 14:5 I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.

1 Corinthians 14:19 Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.

don't u think it's a foul play for all I know he might be chanting incarnation without you realising since you don't know what he is saying
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by UmarIbnShittu(m): 5:29pm On Oct 26, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Oh yeah, please elaborate and tell more about how precisely and exactly this is done
u r killing my morrah
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 5:43pm On Oct 26, 2017
UmarIbnShittu:
u r killing my morrah
I am not familiar with this phrase.
What is morrah?
How do you mean I am killing your morrah?
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by UmarIbnShittu(m): 6:04pm On Oct 26, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
I am not familiar with this phrase.
What is morrah?
How do you mean I am killing your morrah?
it's a military word

It means good mood

U. R too inquisitive do you interrogate criminal suspect
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 7:42pm On Oct 26, 2017
UmarIbnShittu:
it's a military word
For all I know you might be chanting incantation
but if you say so, then I see
and might OK then, add it to my arsenal or collection of weapons

UmarIbnShittu:
It means good mood
Hmm. Interesting.
Never stop learning. You learn something new every day

UmarIbnShittu:
U. R too inquisitive
I was trained plus learned to be like that

Lesson to learn about inquisitiveness
(i.e. lesson to learn, if you don't ask questions)
He who asks a question is ignorant for a minute.
He who does not ask, remains ignorant for life.

UmarIbnShittu:
do you interrogate criminal suspect
Yes, I do interrogate criminal suspect(s) and all
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by UmarIbnShittu(m): 7:57pm On Oct 26, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
For all I know you might be chanting incarnation
but if you say so, then I see
and might OK then, add it to my arsenal or collection of weapons

Hmm. Interesting.
Never stop learning. You learn something new every day

I was trained plus learned to be like that

Lesson to learn about inquisitiveness
(i.e. lesson to learn, if you don't ask questions)
He who asks a question is ignorant for a minute.
He who does not ask, remains ignorant for life.

Yes, I do interrogate criminal suspect(s) and all
Ur a lady right
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 8:02pm On Oct 26, 2017
UmarIbnShittu:
Ur a lady right
My gender is inconsequential
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by UmarIbnShittu(m): 8:12pm On Oct 26, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
My gender is inconsequential
oh I see
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 8:20pm On Oct 26, 2017
UmarIbnShittu:
oh I see
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by GodsMopol: 8:45pm On Oct 26, 2017
UmarIbnShittu:
don't u think it's a foul play for all I know he might be chanting incarnation without you realising since you don't know what he is saying

Its not incantation, shittu

Okay, there are two types of churches .

Not all churches speaks in tongues

If a tongue speaking pastor goes to a non tongue talking church, he might not really have much freedom to speak in tongues

If a pastor comes around me, I can perceive the presence of God around them and I know who he is, if otherwise, I know also, or someone around says it, that's in a spirit filled tongue talking settings

There is one thing about the Holy Spirit, he's one, I can watch a station and I can tell if this man was anointed or not

There is more to speaking in tongues but I really wkdjyi can explain this things

The Bible said, spiritual things are foolishness to the natural man, its like explaining geology to a dentist, he's not cut out for such, and I have quitted the thread
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by UmarIbnShittu(m): 8:58pm On Oct 26, 2017
GodsMopol:

Okay, there are two types of churches .

If a tongue speaking pastor goes to a non tongue talking church, he might not really have much freedom to speak in tongues

If a pastor comes around me, I can perceive the presence of God around them and I know who he is, if otherwise, I know also, or someone around says it, that's in a spirit filled tongue talking settings

There is one thing about the Holy Spirit, he's one, I can watch a station and I can tell if this man was anointed or not

There is more to speaking in tongues but I really wkdjyi can explain this things

The Bible said, spiritual things are foolishness to the natural man, its like explaining geology to a dentist, he's not cut out for such, and I have quitted the thread
Ok.

1 Like

Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by UmarIbnShittu(m): 9:14pm On Oct 26, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
[Hummmm

Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 10:09pm On Oct 26, 2017
UmarIbnShittu:
Hummmm
Glad you know your farts stinks
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by UmarIbnShittu(m): 10:12pm On Oct 26, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Glad you know your farts stinks

Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 10:18pm On Oct 26, 2017
GodsMopol:
You're right, it is not incantation
Incantation is a learner compared with that celebrated gibberish
There is nothing theopneustic about it

GodsMopol:
Okay, there are two types of churches
And I say also unto thee,
That thou art Peter, a small rock
and upon the large rock I will build my congregation (i.e. Gr. ekklesia – called out ones),
and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against her

- Matthew 16:18

There is one church. There is one ecclesia. There is one called out ones

GodsMopol:
They must be tongue-tied or mute, if they dont
Or maybe they use sign language then (i.e. sign tongue). SMH

GodsMopol:
Why might he not really have much freedom to speak in tongues?
Is he in midst of a deaf and dumb congregation?

GodsMopol:
You must have gone off of your rocker

GodsMopol:
It doesnt matter if the man was anointed or not
because you just chew the hay, and spit out the sticks, with the help of the Holy Spirit

Anointed or not, just chew the meat but spit out bones

GodsMopol:
Delusional thinking

GodsMopol:
The Bible said, spiritual things are foolishness to the natural man,
its like explaining geology to a dentist, he's not cut out for such, ....
Jesus answered and said unto him,
Art thou the teacher of Israel, and understandest not these things?

- John 3:10

LISTEN & SILENT are spelled with the same letters
I dont need to tell you to think about it,
so farabale and listen, as you might learn something genuine, new and more powerful

GodsMopol:
... and I have quitted the thread
If you can't stand heat, wonder why you got all, with you into the kitchen.
Yeah you better run and hide, if your strength is small, and you cant handle or lift heavy weights
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by UmarIbnShittu(m): 10:19pm On Oct 26, 2017
I am going on hibernation till tomorrow Insha Allah

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Church Of Satan Now Open In Colombia / Should African Religions Be Preserved? / Are Yoruba Masquerades Astronauts?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.