Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,320 members, 7,836,379 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Judge Orders Jonathan To Appear As A Witness In Metuh’s Corruption Trial - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Judge Orders Jonathan To Appear As A Witness In Metuh’s Corruption Trial (512 Views)

Falana: If Sowore Is Charged, Buhari Will Be My First Witness In Court / Photos Of Sambo Dasuki In Court For Olisa Metuh’s Corruption Trial. / Dino Melaye Reportedly Assassinated A Witness- U.S Government & Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Judge Orders Jonathan To Appear As A Witness In Metuh’s Corruption Trial by emma321(m): 7:04am On Oct 25, 2017
ABUJA—Justice Okon Abang of the Federal High Court, Abuja, insisted, yesterday, that former President Goodluck Jonathan must appear before him today, saying his summon was in line with a ruling of the Court of Appeal in Abuja that faulted his earlier refusal to grant Metuh’s request for subpoena to be issued against Dasuki.

This came as detained former National Security Adviser, NSA, Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd), yesterday, gave reasons he would not testify in the ongoing trial of erstwhile National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Chief Olisa Metuh.

Metuh had asked the court on Monday to summon the former President as a witness to testify in the case filed against him by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, over alleged N400 million fraud.

Justice Abang said: “Indeed, at the close of business, yesterday (Monday) being October 23, 2017, precisely at about 3.59 pm, the registrar forwarded to the court in chamber a subpoena to compel former President Goodluck Jonathan to appear in court to testify at the instance of the first defendant (Metuh).

“Therefore, in line with section 241(1) of Administration of Criminal Justice Act 2015 and having regard to the subsisting judgment of the Court of Appeal in the appeal CA/A/159C/2017, between Olisa Metuh and Federal Republic of Nigeria dated September 29, 2017 to the effect that it will be tantamount to violating the right of the first defendant to fair hearing not to sign the subpoena.

“I have no option other than to sign a subpoena to compel former President Goodluck Jonathan to appear in court on September 25, 2017 (Wednesday) to give evidence at the instance of the first defendant.”

A registrar of the court, however, confirmed to the judge, yesterday, that the court’s bailiff could not serve the subpoena on Jonathan.

Metuh had in his application, requested that the summon be served on Jonathan in his Abuja home.

http://anstalk.com/metuhs-trial-jonathan-must-appear-today-abang/

lalasticlala

Re: Judge Orders Jonathan To Appear As A Witness In Metuh’s Corruption Trial by eezeribe(m): 7:05am On Oct 25, 2017
Selective war against corruption that does not affect members of the 'CABALOCRACY'...
Re: Judge Orders Jonathan To Appear As A Witness In Metuh’s Corruption Trial by SmellingAnus(m): 7:05am On Oct 25, 2017
I have never heard of any Court inviting any of the former Presidents apart from Jonathan... I guess they were all saints excluding Jonathan undecided
Re: Judge Orders Jonathan To Appear As A Witness In Metuh’s Corruption Trial by jay2pee(m): 7:45am On Oct 25, 2017
The way this country is going now, I don't really know what the future holds cos it might be hitting the rock soon
Re: Judge Orders Jonathan To Appear As A Witness In Metuh’s Corruption Trial by Fxmanager(m): 7:51am On Oct 25, 2017
We order Nigerians to appear as investors I'm our fund management service. Check our signature.
Re: Judge Orders Jonathan To Appear As A Witness In Metuh’s Corruption Trial by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 25, 2017
Why is this government not interested in the Halliburton Scandal in their crusade against corruption?
Re: Judge Orders Jonathan To Appear As A Witness In Metuh’s Corruption Trial by ojmaroni247(m): 7:59am On Oct 25, 2017
Okon abang, APC judge u wan bite more Dan u can chew abi.

Re: Judge Orders Jonathan To Appear As A Witness In Metuh’s Corruption Trial by HtwoOw: 8:11am On Oct 25, 2017
Their past won't let them honor such invitations
Re: Judge Orders Jonathan To Appear As A Witness In Metuh’s Corruption Trial by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 11:40am On Oct 26, 2017
BlaqCoffee109:
Why is this government not interested in the Halliburton Scandal in their crusade against corruption?

Halliburton scandal cannot be opened by ANY government on Earth unless you want DIck Cheney and the Bushes, Obasanjo and friends, the CIA, and many other nameless faceless people to come for you.
Re: Judge Orders Jonathan To Appear As A Witness In Metuh’s Corruption Trial by Nobody: 7:58am On Oct 27, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

Halliburton scandal cannot be opened by ANY government on Earth unless you want DIck Cheney and the Bushes, Obasanjo and friends, the CIA, and many other nameless faceless people to come for you.
i guess Metuh knows his ace then...you get my drift?there is no fight against corruption...eh,maybe selective;if selective,can that be defined as corrupt too?! Good governance is all the people require not waste of task payer's money.
Re: Judge Orders Jonathan To Appear As A Witness In Metuh’s Corruption Trial by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:03am On Oct 27, 2017
BlaqCoffee109:
i guess Metuh knows his ace then...you get my drift?there is no fight against corruption...eh,maybe selective;if selective,can that be defined as corrupt too?! Good governance is all the people require not waste of task payer's money.

You hit the nail on the head. Metuh (and others) only need to ee forbearing and soak up the pressure for the life span of this regime.
Nigeria has no true anti-corruption commitment
Re: Judge Orders Jonathan To Appear As A Witness In Metuh’s Corruption Trial by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 27, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

You hit the nail on the head. Metuh (and others) only need to ee forbearing and soak up the pressure for the life span of this regime.
Nigeria has no true anti-corruption commitment
Case dismissed.

(1) (Reply)

Maina: Concerned Supporter Writes Touching Letter To President Buhari / Lagos Transforms (video) / Goodluck Jonathan I Didn’t Receive Any Money From Maina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.