Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,806 members, 7,813,651 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

Things To Know About Arsenal’s Eddie Nketiah - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Things To Know About Arsenal’s Eddie Nketiah (34646 Views)

Newcastle United Appoint Eddie Howe As New Coach / Eddie Nketiah Explains His Phone Call Celebration / Andy Ruiz Jr Apologizes To Eddie Hearn For Beating Anthony Joshua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things To Know About Arsenal’s Eddie Nketiah by maclatunji: 2:38pm On Oct 25, 2017
Eddie Nketiah grabbed global headlines last night as his stunning performance saved Arsenal from defeat against Norwich and handed them a victory that seemed unlikely before he stepped on the pitch. Here is our list of the 10 things you should know about him.

1. Born in London

Edward “Eddie” Nketiah was born in Lewisham, south London on May, 20 1999.

2. Has Born after Arsene Wenger was Appointed Arsenal Manager

Arsene Wenger could not have possibly dreamt of being Eddie’s Manager as the latter was not even born when he took over as Arsenal Manager on October 1, 1996.

3. Hillyfielders Football Club was his first club

Have you ever heard of this club? No, right? Neither have we but it makes for good Eddie Nketiah trivia. The club is based in Bromley.

4. He was rejected by Chelsea

We would not have been surprised if it were the other way round, going by the long list of great footballers Arsene Wenger could have signed for Arsenal (the list would depress any true fan). However, in Eddie’s case it
was Chelsea that released him from the Under-14s because as the rumour has it, they felt he did not have the physical presence a striker should have and let him go after being with them from 2008 till 2015 (is somebody
getting fired for this?). Arsenal gave the boy a scholarship and the rest as they say is history.

5. He has Dual Nationality

By virtue of being born in England but has Ghanaian heritage. Therefore, he can play for either England or Ghana despite the fact that he has already been capped for England at Under-19 level. The battle to get his allegiance
should be interesting.

6. He Made his Senior Team Competitive Debut for Arsenal in the Europa League

Having been added to the squad for Arsenal’s pre-season tour of Australia and China where he came in as a substitute in games against Chelsea and Bayern Munich, he made his competitive debut against BATE Barisov in the
Europa League. Arsenal won that game 4-2.

7. He has Already Scored a Few Goals Against Petr Cech

For those that might be doubting his ability, he told Arsenal.com: “I really enjoy training with the first team and the practice games especially. I’ve scored a couple past Petr Cech, which I was happy about, because he’s such a top class ‘keeper. I know it was a training game, but it still gives me the belief that if I can score past him, I can do the
same against any goalkeeper.”

We agree with him, if he can score against Cech even in training, he is ready for the big league.

8. He Signed a Professional Contract with Arsenal in September 2016

If you are dreaming of having this youngster at your club, you might have to pay some bg bucks, Arsenal put him on a professional contract in September 2016. In footballing terms, he is not a small boy. This is what he said after signing his contract:

“I achieved the contract through working hard and trying to keep improving, and as a professional that’s something that I’m determined to keep doing because it takes me a step closer to the first team and I know how high the
standards are.”

9. Saved Arsenal in Carabao Cup with a Brilliant Brace

In case you don't now already (probably because you just landed from Mars), Eddie came in as a substitute in Arsenal's Carabao Cup game against Arsenal last night in the 85th minute with his team 0-1 down at the Emirates. He equalized with practically his first touch of the game and then scored the winner in extra time with a bullet header. Voila! A new Arsenal star is born.

10. Set Wenger Record

Eddie is the first player to score for Arsenal's senior team that was not born (he was not even conceived) when Arsenal became Manager in 1996. We hope there will be more to follow. Read what Wenger had to say after the match about his new star:

"I must say I am impressed to think he was not even conceived when I was already here.

"But it is good as well. Life gives a chance to young people and hopefully he will make a long career at Arsenal. We are proud to give young players a chance."

There you have it, all you need to know about Edward Keddar Nketiah, the new toast of North London.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/10-things-need-know-arsenals-new-star-eddie-nketiah/

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things To Know About Arsenal’s Eddie Nketiah by maclatunji: 2:38pm On Oct 25, 2017
Greetings to Mukina2, one of the most over-dedicated Arsenal fans I know. tongue tongue tongue

Seun, which club do you support sef?

Gateway United? cheesy cheesy cheesy

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things To Know About Arsenal’s Eddie Nketiah by TI1919(m): 2:43pm On Oct 25, 2017
grin
Re: Things To Know About Arsenal’s Eddie Nketiah by ucnwafor(m): 3:29pm On Oct 25, 2017
Kai! Nkita

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things To Know About Arsenal’s Eddie Nketiah by Nawteemaxie(m): 7:09pm On Oct 25, 2017
D

2 Likes

Re: Things To Know About Arsenal’s Eddie Nketiah by MrHistorian: 7:09pm On Oct 25, 2017
How much was he signed for?? grin grin

Half a pound?

6 Likes

Re: Things To Know About Arsenal’s Eddie Nketiah by MrGreenMavro: 7:09pm On Oct 25, 2017
Boy: where are you going to?
Girl: to commit suicide..!!
Boy: then why all this make up?
Girl: idiot, don't you know i'll be in tomorrow's newspaper

6 Likes

Re: Things To Know About Arsenal’s Eddie Nketiah by Nairalane: 7:10pm On Oct 25, 2017
The Op forgot to add. He can also play for Nigeria. His Mother was call Nkechi, married to Okon. She named her son Nketiah. She later remarried Eddie, who was Eddie Guerrero's younger brother...... He now changed his name to Eddie Nketiah...

What am I even saying sef....

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Things To Know About Arsenal’s Eddie Nketiah by kingsaif(m): 7:10pm On Oct 25, 2017
Ok
Re: Things To Know About Arsenal’s Eddie Nketiah by SuperSuave(m): 7:10pm On Oct 25, 2017
mtcheeew undecided izit mukina that brought this to FP cos it's about assnal? angry
Re: Things To Know About Arsenal’s Eddie Nketiah by Movicq(m): 7:11pm On Oct 25, 2017
make we come boil beans? undecided
Re: Things To Know About Arsenal’s Eddie Nketiah by asawanathegreat(m): 7:11pm On Oct 25, 2017
Ok make una kwaka or clap for him
Re: Things To Know About Arsenal’s Eddie Nketiah by julioralph(m): 7:12pm On Oct 25, 2017
maclatunji:
Greetings to Mukina2, one of the most over-dedicated Arsenal fans I know. tongue tongue tongue

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Things To Know About Arsenal’s Eddie Nketiah by lelvin(m): 7:13pm On Oct 25, 2017
Okay
Re: Things To Know About Arsenal’s Eddie Nketiah by naijamafioso: 7:18pm On Oct 25, 2017
MrHistorian:
How much was he signed for?? grin grin

Half a pound?
No bi baba Wenger? Na FOC.

3 Likes

Re: Things To Know About Arsenal’s Eddie Nketiah by michael03: 7:19pm On Oct 25, 2017
Grt guy
Re: Things To Know About Arsenal’s Eddie Nketiah by ElRapido: 7:20pm On Oct 25, 2017
Our own Rashford did more than this on his debut and we didn't make any noise he did the talking on the pitch himself.

4 Likes

Re: Things To Know About Arsenal’s Eddie Nketiah by Larynx(m): 7:20pm On Oct 25, 2017
Team Arsenal until the end of time

2 Likes

Re: Things To Know About Arsenal’s Eddie Nketiah by emeijeh(m): 7:20pm On Oct 25, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Things To Know About Arsenal’s Eddie Nketiah by olayinkaboss11(m): 7:21pm On Oct 25, 2017
Up Gunners!
Welcome the next Henry
like for Nketiah and share for Arsenal

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Things To Know About Arsenal’s Eddie Nketiah by wizkidblogger(f): 7:21pm On Oct 25, 2017
cool
Re: Things To Know About Arsenal’s Eddie Nketiah by LuvU2: 7:23pm On Oct 25, 2017
I like white players. Black players lack enough confidence sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things To Know About Arsenal’s Eddie Nketiah by slapandfall(m): 7:24pm On Oct 25, 2017
Lols

Abeg make una help me ask Man U fans say were dem keep Gabriel Obertan AkA..the new Ronaldo.. Hahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Things To Know About Arsenal’s Eddie Nketiah by Realgboyega(m): 7:26pm On Oct 25, 2017
I hope he won't be another Yaya Sanogo
Re: Things To Know About Arsenal’s Eddie Nketiah by Thukzee01(m): 7:29pm On Oct 25, 2017
Arsenal fans on twitter comparing him with RASHFORD
Re: Things To Know About Arsenal’s Eddie Nketiah by Habeyy(m): 7:31pm On Oct 25, 2017
Nairalane:
The Op forgot to add. He can also play for Nigeria. His Mother was call Nkechi, married to Okon. She named her son Nketiah. She later remarried Eddie, who was Eddie Guerrero's younger brother...... He now changed his name to Eddie Nketiah...

grin
I really do clap for you brother
See how yoi just recreate the naija version of the story
Bravo bro

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things To Know About Arsenal’s Eddie Nketiah by hejoskofficial: 7:39pm On Oct 25, 2017
fly on boy make us proud... buh dat age 1999 no follow at all
Re: Things To Know About Arsenal’s Eddie Nketiah by spy24(m): 7:39pm On Oct 25, 2017
Most of this young guys don't turn out to be great But kudos to him
Re: Things To Know About Arsenal’s Eddie Nketiah by Kakamorufu(m): 7:41pm On Oct 25, 2017
Hahaha. Na so e dey start o
Re: Things To Know About Arsenal’s Eddie Nketiah by DeRay98(m): 7:48pm On Oct 25, 2017
Nairalane:

Maybe na Sambissa weeds you smoke sef
Re: Things To Know About Arsenal’s Eddie Nketiah by Nobody: 7:51pm On Oct 25, 2017
make I hear word eeee. Another bendtner in the making. Where is sanogo sef abi he has gone to sing song

1 Like

Re: Things To Know About Arsenal’s Eddie Nketiah by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 25, 2017
maclatunji:

You this bigot wants to come and spoil sports section

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

"I Don't Need Any Change" - Lionel Messi Responds To Cristiano Ronaldo Offer / Odion Ighalo Apologises: 'I Take Responsibility For Super Eagles' Loss'' / Ogenyi Onazi Buying Akara In Jos (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.