Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,820 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience - Travel (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience (346425 Views)

Former Erosion Site Transformed Into A Green Park In Uyo (Before & After Photos) / B1/B2 Change Of Status To F1 / B1/B2 Change Of Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (110) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 1:34am On Mar 27, 2019
OGA blowjobs well-done I really appreciate your time and energy God bless you & thank God for the journey so far.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by lionlee216(m): 2:44am On Mar 27, 2019
Oakbend16:
Hello friends I need your inputs please.

My sister is married to a USC and there went for the GC interview 2 weeks ago, they were told to come back with DNA report proving that their 1 year old son is their legitimate child and evidence of their marriage (they already tendered their marriage license)

So friends what other documentary evidence can they submit to prove genuineness of their marriage?

Thanks

Marriage certificate, pictures, bills in both their names

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Ugosample(m): 7:47am On Mar 27, 2019
lionlee216:

good to see you again
I bet you have been busy
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by lionlee216(m): 12:17pm On Mar 27, 2019
Ugosample:

good to see you again

I bet you have been busy

Thanks bro. How is it going?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Ugosample(m): 12:35pm On Mar 27, 2019
lionlee216:

Thanks bro. How is it going?
Fine o

how your wife? tongue
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Oakbend16: 11:15pm On Mar 27, 2019
Thanks for your response Bro, they already submitted those you mentioned and they require more, they don't have a joint account at the moment, which would have been ok, because she doesn't have a second ID

lionlee216:

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Oakbend16: 11:19pm On Mar 27, 2019
She suggested they could get a letter from the church they worship to signify that they are both members, is this tenable please?

lionlee216:

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by lionlee216(m): 11:24pm On Mar 27, 2019
Oakbend16:
She suggested they could get a letter from the church they worship to signify that they are both members, is this tenable please?

did she get work permit(EAD) before she went for interview?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Oakbend16: 7:46am On Mar 29, 2019
She hasn't gotten shola yet, said the government shut down disrupted the approval, mentioned something about several files missing during that period

lionlee216:

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by alfonso36(m): 9:36pm On Mar 30, 2019
lionlee216:

you just de every where de help people, your kind of man no too plenty

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Mariomax101(m): 2:39am On Mar 31, 2019
Fish123:
welcome back bro
Happy new year to you and everyone on this thread.......
[quote author=lionlee216 post=77019659]

oga blowjobsI'm running a b2 visa is there a way I could chat u up pls?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 12:05pm On Mar 31, 2019
there are many witches on nairaland. be careful of what u saying o
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 12:49am On Apr 02, 2019
grin grin

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 12:50am On Apr 02, 2019
Happy April.

PS: cultural differences is giving my marriage a huge challenge.

Keep me in your prayers.

The little things you never thought is a big deal, is kinda a big deal.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by lionlee216(m): 12:55am On Apr 02, 2019
Before u go Blowjobs, make i ask question.

My passport expires June 29, 2019. I have a wedding april 19 to 22 in canada. Will that be a problem considering i wont have 3 or 6 months validity as at d time of travel

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by lionlee216(m): 12:56am On Apr 02, 2019
BlowJobs:
Happy April.

Keep me in your prayers.

God is your strength bro. Congratulations Baba baby.

Nice to hear from you

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 12:58am On Apr 02, 2019
lionlee216:
Before u go Blowjobs, make i ask question.

My passport expires June 29, 2019. I have a wedding april 19 to 22 in canada. Will that be a problem considering i wont have 3 or 6 months validity as at d time of travel

You don't need a passport to go to Canada (if you're driving. I highly recommend driving if you don't plan to renew your passport).Just your Green card

By air, you'd need a non expired passport regardless of the number of months to expiry date
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 1:00am On Apr 02, 2019
BlowJobs:
Happy April.

Keep me in your prayers.

Oh, Mrs K is good.. it's not her per say. Now that a baby is involved, everyone suddenly has an opinion. A strong one at that.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by lionlee216(m): 1:02am On Apr 02, 2019
BlowJobs:

Oh, Mrs K is good.. it's not her per say. Now that a baby is involved, everyone suddenly has an opinion. A strong one at that.

What kind of opinion if you dont mind me asking..

I got lot of questions but im driving
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by lionlee216(m): 1:13am On Apr 02, 2019
lionlee216:

What kind of opinion if you dont mind me asking..

I got lot of questions but im driving

Its 16hrs by road and 1hr 15mins by air. I just have the fear of being turned back at the airport. I got no money to waste. I mailed the canada officials, they were not even making sense.

My own challenge is my MIL. She has her reservations about m. I guess she expecting the day her daughter will say " Sam left me" lol. Other than that u believe im good.

To my own lil understanding, how will your baby claim US Citizenship if he/she was born in Canada.

Is it automatic because Parent is a citizen or paperworks need to be filed?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Bracha: 1:14am On Apr 02, 2019
Congratulations! I've been worried about y'all; I don't follow your page, but have read from the first to last and have been expecting a message about the baby.
Nice to know y'all are well and the delivery was successful.

BlowJobs:
grin grin

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Bracha: 1:17am On Apr 02, 2019
A little compromise here and there is the trick. Also, both of you have to be willing to work at it together, that's the only way it'd work. YOU have to pray more, because you're the Christian in the marriage; don't leave it to work alone.
Good luck to the both of you.

BlowJobs:
Happy April.

Keep me in your prayers.

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 4:03am On Apr 02, 2019
lionlee216:

Its 16hrs by road and 1hr 15mins by air. I just have the fear of being turned back at the airport. I got no money to waste. I mailed the canada officials, they were not even making sense.

My own challenge is my MIL. She has her reservations about m. I guess she expecting the day her daughter will say " Sam left me" lol. Other than that u believe im good.

To my own lil understanding, how will your baby claim US Citizenship if he/she was born in Canada.

Is it automatic because Parent is a citizen or paperworks need to be filed?

You don't need a passport per say but you need to apply for ETA if you're traveling by air.

U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents may use their I-551 ("Green Card"wink -- instead of a passport -- for travel between Canada and the United States, by air, land, or sea. The I-551 is accepted for entry to Canada, from the U.S.; a U.S. permanent resident does not require a visa to visit Canada, regardless of citizenship. When re-entering the U.S., permanent residents must present their I-551. Note that starting March 15, 2016, U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents will require Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to Canada.[i][/i]

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g153339-s602/Canada:Crossing.The.Border.html

A baby is automatic US citizen if one or both parents at the time of birth, is a US citizen. We had to register with the embassy for overseas birth. And we processed the Canadian papers.

So, Canadian by virtue of being born in Canada, US and Nigerian citizenship from parents. Yes, the citizenship is automatic. Can be done at the US embassy abroad ( overseas birth registration) or within the US.

Our challenges are similar. Mine is majorly from my sister in-law. I made a mistake, I admit fault and I've apologize. (No, I didn't cheat on my wife). But my wife's sister has "crosshairs" on me.

I'm actively trying to set her up with someone. She needs a distraction since her last "relationship". Problem is I don't think she's ever dated someone of color. She's very opinionated.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by alfonso36(m): 6:45am On Apr 02, 2019
BlowJobs:

You don't need a passport per say but you need to apply for ETA if you're traveling by air.

U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents may use their I-551 ("Green Card"wink -- instead of a passport -- for travel between Canada and the United States, by air, land, or sea. The I-551 is accepted for entry to Canada, from the U.S.; a U.S. permanent resident does not require a visa to visit Canada, regardless of citizenship. When re-entering the U.S., permanent residents must present their I-551. Note that starting March 15, 2016, U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents will require Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to Canada.[i][/i]

A baby is automatic US citizen if one or both parents at the time of birth, is a US citizen. We had to register with the embassy for overseas birth. And we processed the Canadian papers.

So, Canadian by virtue of being born in Canada, US and Nigerian citizenship from parents. Yes, the citizenship is automatic. Can be done at the US embassy abroad ( overseas birth registration) or within the US.

Our challenges are similar. Mine is majorly from my sister in-law. I made a mistake, I admit fault and I've apologize. (No, I didn't cheat on my wife). But my wife's sister has "crosshairs" on me.

I'm actively trying to set her up with someone. She needs a distraction since her last "relationship". Problem is I don't think she's ever dated someone of color. She's very opinionated. Set her up come here....I de here, I get record of been a good person. Abeg give her my email quickly.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by alfonso36(m): 6:46am On Apr 02, 2019
Hook me up
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Drenimarcus(m): 7:25am On Apr 02, 2019
BlowJobs:

I'm actively trying to set her up with someone. She needs a distraction since her last "relationship". Problem is I don't think she's ever dated someone of color. She's very opinionated.

It is well bro, congratulations! God will take control.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by neahyo(m): 8:42am On Apr 02, 2019
Congratulations BlowJobs on the birth of your child, may the Almighty grant you all the resources needed to be an awesome father. Regarding your sister-in-law, please try not to get involved in her relationship life, else it will come back to haunt you. If the person you set her up with ditch on her or the relationship goes awry, you'd be the one to blame. By the way, i also have my reservations regarding men of color, especially africans; know that not everyone is honest and open-minded like you and don't hold everyone to your standards.

Have a wonderful day!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Ugosample(m): 8:47am On Apr 02, 2019
BlowJobs:
grin grin
congratulations
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by samuelkingz(m): 9:06am On Apr 02, 2019
congrats on your new bundle of joy... good to hear from you again ...
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by 7Alexandre: 10:44am On Apr 02, 2019
BlowJobs:
grin grin

Congratulations...

You have opened a door of wonderful opportunities to your new born baby...

U.S. Passport + Canadian Passport + Nigerian Passport...

You’ve tried G...

Goodluck to you & your family...

11 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by 7Alexandre: 10:49am On Apr 02, 2019
BlowJobs:
grin grin

Quick question:

Did you guys pay all cash for the delivery OR Did you guys use insurance?

If you used insurance how much premium did you pay?

Whenever you’re available do you mind giving a total breakdown of the cost of giving birth in Canada?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Hadampson(m): 5:09pm On Apr 02, 2019
neahyo:
Congratulations BlowJobs on the birth of your child, may the Almighty grant you all the resources needed to be an awesome father. Regarding your sister-in-law, please try not to get involved in her relationship life, else it will come back to haunt you. If the person you set her up with ditch on her or the relationship goes awry, you'd be the one to blame. By the way, i also have my reservations regarding men of color, especially africans; know that not everyone is honest and open-minded like you and don't hold everyone to your standards.

Have a wonderful day!

Well said boss.. Thumbs up

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (110) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Brazil / Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa! / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.