Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience - Travel (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience (347294 Views)

Former Erosion Site Transformed Into A Green Park In Uyo (Before & After Photos) / B1/B2 Change Of Status To F1 / B1/B2 Change Of Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (110) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by wormie: 2:37am On Dec 12, 2017
wormie:
[quote author=Beautyaddy post=63200959]

Hmmm...I was in complete shock reading it too.

Infact, I'm lost for words embarassed

TWoods:

You committed a deportable offense that is not covered by your blue passport... but somehow you haven’t committed a crime? Amazing! How do you go to church on Sunday and keep a straight face?
]N
justwise:

A married couple that engaged in sham marriage for American passport is saying they did not commit any crime?

How morally low can we go and still claim that we are not doing anything wrong?

You lot can complain about Twoods approach as much as you want but truth must be told.

smh

Like I pointed out earlier, I expected to be judged but I still careless. Shey na me carry my matter come NL na grin. I have already develop a stick skin to whatever anybody says here jare.

But one thing I know is there is that silent reader that don pick or one two things from this topic.

34 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by richricco: 8:21am On Dec 12, 2017
BlowJobs:

I'll like the gift okay. But please send them when you become a Permanent resident. i"ll gladly provide my address.

I am not For or Against your move. You do what makes you happy. Regardless of the decision you make, don't forget to do what brings you fulfillment.

it is gonna be tough without knowing anyone here, like really really tough. I'd advise you to link up with anyone that can host you for at least 2-3 months (friends of friends, extended family, old high school friends, etc)
Per work related, i can't advise you on that (you'll figure things out yourself when you arrive). It will be illegal for me to advise you based on the forum principle.
Also 2k$ will not be enough (especially if you don't know anyone), hold as much as you can get. The essentials you need to come with is your travel luggage (visiting people category), you don't need lots of clothes. If i were you, i'd pack 5-7Jeans trousers , 3-5 underwears (singlets and boxers), 2-4 shirts/T-shirts, Tooth brush etc. I'd mail my certificates and qualifications to the address i am going to (or instruct someone to mail it to the address i provide after), I'll come with my drivers license just in case and most importantly prove of my visit. Any other thing is an overdo.
Thanks a lot,bro. Noted!
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by bigtt76(f): 8:33am On Dec 12, 2017
Wao! Interesting smiley

wormie:
I salute Blows_job for creating this thread. It takes courage,not a small one sef.
Haba,but people can be judgmental sha. Stuffs happen to people at different point in time that determine their decisions.

Stop forming abeg, almost everybody wanna relocate to America. Be it Nigerians, Mexicans, Chinese, Ghanaians etc. That people change status especially on B1/B2 visa isn't peculiar to Nigerians alone. In my few years of staying in the US, I have seen enough.

Can I encourage anybody to relocate/change status here,oh yes! My own personal opinion, I prefer to stay in a sane environment pls. Naija too hard and harsh. Naija is like jungle,survival of the fittest grin

My short story of getting here. Few years ago,I came for a family vacation, my husband and my 2 children. Hubby had a good job with take home of like 20k that time. I was also in academics,so my pay too was ok, like 120k. We applied based on that, truthfully oh, and we were granted B1/B2 visa. Hubby just got a mail on our third night in the US,guess what,na sack letter! Gobe leyi ooooo.

We were devastated, didn't know what to do next. We just decided to manage stay for the remaining vacation period and head back home. But I told my mum about my husband sack letter. She come remember that one of her long lost family friends(Mr A) dey Yankee. We got the man contact and link up with him. We explained our situation to him and the man said our best bet is to stay put for Yankee oh. Naija hard na, hubby will come back home come to join the endless ocean of job seekers.

But Mr A over try for us no be small. He engaged ones of his friends wey be immigration lawyer to put us thru. Mr A offered to do marriage with me and he arranged one white lady to marry my husband, all at no cost. I won't go too deep into it more than this so it won't look as if I dey encourage bad bad thing oh lipsrsealed

We don get our Pali now,doing well in the US. We don't do crime or move with bad gang. And we be employer of labor.

My advice to anybody coming, be focus. It will be tough,no matter the means you come in with,it going to be tough. Naija work etiquette is quite different from Yankee own oh.

Now I'm waiting for supreme court judges to come judge this my matter now.....mchewwww.
Blows_jobs,I'm sorry for my long epistle on your thread.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by richricco: 9:35am On Dec 12, 2017
eyinola:
Bro hv u travel before or na Virgin passport? I was denied last month and my immigration lawyer said it's because i don't hv a travel history
I have only been to South Africa. Beautiful country!
In the next 50 years,this Nigeria would still not have a city as sane & beautiful as J'burg. No be curse. Make una forgive me.
Meanwhile,there are people who got their visas on a virgin passport.

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 9:50am On Dec 12, 2017
justwise:

A married couple that engaged in sham marriage for American passport is saying they did not commit any crime?

How morally low can we go and still claim that we are not doing anything wrong?

You lot can complain about Twoods approach as much as you want but truth must be told.

smh

grin They will complain about our leaders but the average citizen has lost every sense of integrity and morals, it's a shame

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by NONNYG: 9:55am On Dec 12, 2017
Pidgin2:

grin They will complain about our leaders but the average citizen has lost every sense of integrity and morals, it's a shame
the special guest is finally heregrin

Pidgin2 weds Twoods.

What I dreamt last night

23 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Dremca(m): 9:58am On Dec 12, 2017
NONNYG:
the special guest is finally heregrin

Pidgin2 weds Twoods.

What I dreamt last night
Please offer him/her the front row seat.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by veleta: 10:09am On Dec 12, 2017
[quote author=wormie post=63201154]

I actually do not have any reason to deceive or mislead anybody especially you on a faceless forum. But this account belong to my younger sister. She introduced me to NL and gave me this registered account to operate this site with.

Sounds like a lie, but that's the truth. I do not even have much time to come on NL sef
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by samhay: 10:25am On Dec 12, 2017
@BlowJobs, Wen u go answer my question on tax?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by veleta: 10:28am On Dec 12, 2017
[quote author=veleta post=63208936]

Oga/Madam,wake up from your illusion ok.Anyways,didn't expect a strong defence from you.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by tranxo(m): 11:23am On Dec 12, 2017
Wow! Finished. Page 1 - 50

@Blowjobs this is great. Still waiting for the story on Guy M
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by emmanuelpopson(m): 11:57am On Dec 12, 2017
@blowjobs.. continue to dish out the stories as we love to see it.. people derailing the thread are not helping us here.. they should come forward with solutions and not to discourage people who are looking forward to leaving this cesspit as they once did...US is open and accommodating to whoever is willing to come over.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 3:14pm On Dec 12, 2017
My wife is reading the thread. I am so sure of it. grin

17 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 3:15pm On Dec 12, 2017
I shouldn't have talked about the marijuana. Sorry baby. wink

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Dremca(m): 3:46pm On Dec 12, 2017
Chai, yankee love dey sweet- unconditional. No be naija own wey be say if you get money and motor na to hide your face.

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 4:04pm On Dec 12, 2017
BlowJobs:
My wife is reading the thread. I am so sure of it. grin
grin grin.. your broke the most important NL rule, never let anyone I mean anyone know your moniker ...

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 12, 2017
BlowJobs:
I shouldn't have talked about the marijuana. Sorry baby. wink

Brother, you need to see how I deh smile like mumu. God bless you brother

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Bossman(m): 4:48pm On Dec 12, 2017
Make sure you do that underground work well o. Especially since you said you do not know anyone. Accommodation alone will deplete that your funds in no time. I personally will NOT advice even my enemy to come here without the correct papers. Remember if you are illegal here, you can't get a drivers license, SS#, etc. So, you can only work underground. Very tough!!! However, whatever you decide to do - Good luck!

PS - This is coming from someone that has been here for a very long time (early 90's). Came here for college and got a job (IT) right after college. So, my path was the straight forward kind. But even at that - worked my butt off in college so that I can compete for jobs with the best.
richricco:

Thanks,bro. I'm heading to Texas.
I appreciate your your sincere advice. I'm actually still doing some underground work,reason I left it for March.

7 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 5:55pm On Dec 12, 2017
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
grin grin.. your broke the most important NL rule, never let anyone I mean anyone know your moniker ...

Shr was using my laptop. Tab was open.

6 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by cyberhike(m): 8:27pm On Dec 12, 2017
iyawo lock up... your hubby dey inspire guys to make am...

bless you oga blow jobs...

6 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by noblealuu: 8:28pm On Dec 12, 2017
BlowJobs:

Shr was using my laptop. Tab was open.

Lol, bros say me compliments of the season to her cheesy

From a Nigerian fan.

2 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Kjnwancaro: 11:49pm On Dec 12, 2017
Another day is another problem for a taxi driver with greedy police, another day of tears for a graduate without job, another day without food for a poor single mom and her kids, another day of a family grieving the death of their suicidal father over 40k debt. We hear all the time people are being lynched for stealing food. My question is how long will the people be honest and lawful before they can eat three times a day when they are jobless? And someone overseas browsing Nairaland in comfy bed is fighting Nigerians for migrating illegally? Smh. They say Nigerians are the problems of Nigeria, so why can’t the government solve it? Or how do you expect a thief to stop stealing if the police ain’t arresting?

15 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by lionlee216(m): 12:22am On Dec 13, 2017
$972 wedding band from Zales and $127 for protection plan.

Almost my savings but she worth am grin tongue

BlowJobs, make i see your wedding ring nah abi you dey hide am?

NB How come my wife hands come big na this viewing am from a computer? lol shocked shocked... My wife hands no big ooo. make una no dey think say weda na giant I marry grin grin

24 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Fish123(m): 1:20am On Dec 13, 2017
Happy Married life bro,God bless your home
PS,those hands are pretty tho,nice ring, i guess maybe blowjobs own nah gold o
lionlee216:
$972 wedding band from Sales and $127 for protect plan.

Almost my savings but she worth am...

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by shakol91(m): 1:34am On Dec 13, 2017
lionlee216:

you try, the total cost of that ring is enough to organize befitting wedding party here. You and OP should show me the way,I need one wey fit file for me gringrin wood and Mod now

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by lionlee216(m): 1:55am On Dec 13, 2017
shakol91:
you try, the total cost of that ring is enough to organize befitting wedding party here. You and OP should show me the way,I need one wey fit file for me gringrin wood and Mod

On sighting the picture and @ wood and mod, i busted out laughing

4 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by braindee(m): 4:38am On Dec 13, 2017
TWoods:

Fingers don't necessarily have to be equal... however imagine a world where you and i did the right thing at all times, do you think we'd need a visa to go anywhere? The fact that we don't see that what limits us are he consequences of our own actions is why i think we are going no where anytime soon. Those who came here on the backs of fraudulent marriages are here crowing around, forgetting that they are the reason genuine couples now have to jump through hoops to convince a US VO that they have a legit marriage. A german won't have to go through that much.

That so someone can feel so brazen to celebrate a clear breach of the law is astounding to me.

It's nauseating, to say the least. I want to believe the person is fake. Honestly can't be that brazen.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by braindee(m): 4:46am On Dec 13, 2017
lionlee216:

She deserves it abeg. I sent you a mail. Please, reply when you can. Thanks. Say me well to her
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Dremca(m): 5:41am On Dec 13, 2017
lionlee216:

NB How come my wife hands come big na this viewing am from a computer? lol shocked shocked... My wife hands no big ooo. make una no dey think say weda na giant I marry grin grin
wow. You later tied the knot with her, I remembes your story from franknetter thread. Shey na d one wey say u go watch her plate if u want make u na ball abi na d one u go shopping with and later shine her congo.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by lionlee216(m): 5:46am On Dec 13, 2017
Dremca:
wow. You later tied the knot with her, I remembes your story from franknetter thread. Shey na d one wey say u go watch her plate if u want make u na ball abi na d one u go shopping with and later shine her congo.

lol. lot of water has passed under the bridge.. God later gave me my "God Sent" after praying and fasting grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by TWoods(m): 5:49am On Dec 13, 2017
lionlee216:

lol. lot of water has passed under the bridge.. God later gave me my "God Sent" after praying and fasting grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

This your "god" is a fantastic guy... he gave you your "god sent" in a matter of weeks. grin Congrats on filing for a green card through marriage - which was the whole point of this "prayer". cheesy

What puzzles me is that folks here then have the gall to speak ill of their leaders.

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (110) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Brazil / Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa! / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.