Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience - Travel (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience (346770 Views)

Former Erosion Site Transformed Into A Green Park In Uyo (Before & After Photos) / B1/B2 Change Of Status To F1 / B1/B2 Change Of Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (110) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Dremca(m): 7:06am On Dec 14, 2017
BlowJobs:

We changed her ring to the 2nd one. First one was getting in thw way of her work (gloves kept tearing and some other excuses). I sha let her decide what she wants.
2nd ring cost 115$ plus 30$ plan.
Black and white TV.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by castrokins(m): 8:22am On Dec 14, 2017
Thanks, Lion.
You Have Another Mail.

lionlee216:

I replied you..
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by MRSHYCAT(m): 8:49am On Dec 14, 2017
Blowjobs my mannest man!!! Don't worry, 3 to 4 winters from now will tone your skin. Me sef I'm looking for an American queen that fearing God is one of her hubbies.
uncle lionlee216, please don't comeback here if you've not gotten the accent o!!

Twoods baba, me I want to love someone from a different clan, and I am eyeing that your neighbour there. please tell her I'm God fearing too.
Naija babes don tire me abeg. too many blood sucking demons.

3 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Infamous(m): 9:57am On Dec 14, 2017
lionlee216:
So, I have been to some corporate organisations in NY, CT, OH and IL but to my surprise, I only find out majority are white people. I use to wonder what blacks normally do. The dinner I attended tonight was organised by my wife's company and out of 100 people, only 2 people are black(My woman and the HR) but when you go to factories or places of menial Jobs, You find black people there and very few white(White Americans).

what could have caused these?

Well no thanks to the media, black people are always associated with crime. Watch Youtube and others, you will see blacks shooting at gas station robbing people. the media has always been painting black people as criminals to the extent i really done feel safe in midst of blacks(God forgive me). I usually see them as a threat especially anytime I go to Chicago.

Cc TWoods grin grin
lagosismyhome
Bossman
GoldenBoy007
BlowJobs

Your woman is black? you're lucky o
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by nwolisar: 10:03am On Dec 14, 2017
MRSHYCAT:
Blowjobs my mannest man!!! Don't worry, 3 to 4 winters from now will tone your skin. Me sef I'm looking for an American queen that fearing God is one of her hubbies.
uncle lionlee216, please don't comeback here if you've not gotten the accent o!!

Twoods baba, me I want to love someone from a different clan, and I am eyeing that your neighbour there. please tell her I'm God fearing too.
Naija babes don tire me abeg. too many blood sucking demons.

You want make Oga Twoods send one hurricane to your location.

Lionlee Congrats Sir. So you sef come dey fear fellow black man? I am not understanding o.

Oga Blowjobs we are waiting for the kids, make e be 50-50 sharing formula o. I just registered for some professional bodies as you suggested, and will likely attend the next annual seminar, Is there any perfect time to apply for Visa?

3 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Baker77: 10:09am On Dec 14, 2017
BlowJobs:

We changed her ring to the 2nd one. First one was getting in thw way of her work (gloves kept tearing and some other excuses). I sha let her decide what she wants.
bro you be skin dudu oo lol

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by bigtt76(f): 10:25am On Dec 14, 2017
grin grin grin #EndTWoodSARS

Dremca:
Make Twoods catch you with "under the table"
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by LagosismyHome(f): 10:38am On Dec 14, 2017
lionlee216:
So, I have been to some corporate organisations in NY, CT, OH and IL but to my surprise, I only find out majority are white people. I use to wonder what blacks normally do. The dinner I attended tonight was organised by my wife's company and out of 100 people, only 2 people are black(My woman and the HR) but when you go to factories or places of menial Jobs, You find black people there and very few white(White Americans).

Well no thanks to the media, black people are always associated with crime. Watch Youtube and others, you will see blacks shooting at gas station robbing people. the media has always been painting black people as criminals to the extent i really done feel safe in midst of blacks(God forgive me). I usually see them as a threat especially anytime I go to Chicago.

Cc TWoods grin grin
lagosismyhome
Bossman
GoldenBoy007
BlowJobs

Welcome to Corporate America …

I don’t know the cause but that how I met it . This is my six job in large corporation and every single time, the number of black on my floor you can count with one hand. I used to notice it when I first started working and it made me miss Nigerians / home as I dey tire for oyibo talk and banter and initially I didn’t even get the Jokes, they were all dry to my ears lipsrsealed

but after a while you get used to it and become Colour blind . I don’t even notice such things anymore. I just go in do my work and Get paid good money grin . …

This summer, I have a white nanny for my kids and the company I work for did a Children Summerfest , I went with my kids and the nanny . As usually out of about 100 families there only like 3 blacks so the Nanny said to me on the way home. Are they no black people in this company that almost everybody was white . I smiled and it sounded odd to hear her say that , mainly because I have not heard or notice that in years and made me realize how I have blended in and become color blind . This is not just In America as I am now in Europe and see the same thing as well

One point to note as well , The USA is still predominantly white so hey maybe that one reason why , also it been said loads of People like to recruit people who look like them [s] (that my political way of hinting element of racism dey as well )
[/s]

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by error4040: 11:50am On Dec 14, 2017
BlowJobs:

good question. NExt snow storm, i will post pictures and explain further., I'll mention you

Thanks.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Fish123(m): 1:59pm On Dec 14, 2017
Bro i no fit laugh ooooooo
if him never abi ham,him neva abi person be that o
Solitin40:

So you don’t know inspector Twoods the husband of pidgin2 you don’t know people o grin grin
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Lamzee(m): 3:51pm On Dec 14, 2017
LagosismyHome:

This summer, I have a white nanny for my kids and the company I work for did a Children Summerfest , I went with my kids and the nanny .

One point to note as well , The USA is still predominantly white so hey maybe that one reason why , also it been said loads of People like to recruit people who look like them
And Lagos Mummy will be telling us 'small Lady like me' in student forum. God Bless your Children

7 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by SlowlybtSurely: 4:32pm On Dec 14, 2017
lionlee216:
Seems like I'll be visiting nigeria soon with my wife during my next holiday..

What is the procedure for getting a nigerian visa on a US passport?

TWoods, do you have any message to send to our leaders or you need african food? My departure will be from JFK and You live in NJ grin grin tongue tongue
Lagosismyhome wink

No need for visa. Just send an email to oa@nigeriaimmigration.gov.ng for approval for visa on arrival. She will get Naija visa stamped on her passport by Naija immigration on arrival. Last time I did, it was $200.

5 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Bossman(m): 8:00pm On Dec 14, 2017
Well, that is certainly correct. However there are several reasons for that - see below. Black men in general are very scarce in corporate America. Then in some fields such as Engineering, IT (computer programming), etc. there are even fewer. OTOH, I have worked at some places that have a good record of giving minorities a chance, and there usually are quite a few more blacks there. It's always been like that in all my donkey years of working in Corporate America!

Black women have always been the ones that go to school to attain that degree that will open up the opportunities. The men tend to either do more laborious jobs or just stay at home and take care of the kids. And that culture has trickled down to some of the younger generation...They expect the woman to take care of them. Also, slavery may have something to do with it. Blacks only make up 12.6% of the US population. And the men have a very high rate of incarceration. The lack of father figure in most homes also plays a factor. So there is nobody there besides the working mom to instill in them the importance of a solid education in this society, especially as a black man. In addition, the "old boy network" thing may have something to do with it. That is - people then to gravitate to and hire people that look just like them. So, as a black person one will need to work a little harder to get that opportunity. So unfortunate!

PS. The client I am at now, we have 18 consultants/developers on the team. Me, a Russian, and the remaining 16 are Indian. gringrin

lionlee216:

Cc TWoods grin grin
lagosismyhome
Bossman
GoldenBoy007
BlowJobs

12 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 14, 2017
lionlee216:

I believe he no mean am bro...

I believe he only likes people to be on his case.

TWoods, talk true, how your brother take get papers? grin

Just sent you a pm bro
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Time2Smile(m): 8:49pm On Dec 14, 2017
lionlee216:

Cc TWoods grin grin
lagosismyhome
Bossman
GoldenBoy007
BlowJobs
I think the causes are pretty clear enough; Slavery, Segregation, Institutional Racism, Poor education and Lack of opportunities. It is a perpetual cycle that continues to breed itself. I wouldn't want to go into details on slavery, but it's vestiges still continue to hold back African American communities. It has to be remembered that up until the Civil Rights Movement and Civil Rights Law of 1964, there was still segregation in the US. This means blacks cannot attend the most schools as their white colleagues, not to talk of jobs, they have to sit at the back of buses, and must give up their seats to a white person, if the white so desired. They were classified as inferior and sub-human compared to whites. So they were already at an economic disadvantage.

The economic prosperity of a generation directly correlates with that of their parents. Someone whose parents are college educated is more likely to be attain college education. It is also a known fact that the level of someone's education immensely dictates the earning power. So when generations of whites are educated and have established themselves in corporate America, many blacks are still struggling to produce college educated kids.

To make matters worse, institutional racism, which is still present in the US, continues to drown blacks as they try to keep their heads above water. The criminal justice system is stacked overwhelmingly against Blacks.Blacks are more likely to go to jail for the same crime compared to whites, A black male has a 1 in 3 lifetime chances of going to jail compared to 1in 17 chance for whites. A corrollary to this is that children from broken homes or without father figures tends to do less well in life because of lack of proper guidance. Public schools in black communities are also substandard compared to those in white communities.

Although, I think some of the attitudes of the black communities need to change too. The over emphasis on sports to the detriment of academics at times (For every LeBron James, there are 10,000 blacks kids with dreams of playing basketball who didn't make it). However, some of them use the scholarship to get the degrees that their parents would otherwise not be able to afford. The bling, bling lifestyle, black on black violence, and labeling anyone seeking upward mobility as wanting to be white.

But overall, the decks is stacked firmly against blacks. It has become a perpetual cycle of poverty, crime, jail, broken homes, poor education, lack of opportunities, low paying jobs, and it has become a sort of the chicken and egg conundrum.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by lionlee216(m): 9:21pm On Dec 14, 2017
Thanks ya'll and I appreciate you guys. On behalf of OP, Can you pls enlighten the house the kind of courses to do in US that are hot cakes and can make someone never to run out of Jobs

Bossman
TWoods
Lagosismyhome

etc

6 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by desertboom(m): 10:06pm On Dec 14, 2017
Please, what do you guys think about Occupational safety and health?
Safety officer jobs. Does it sell in the USA?
Experience people, what's your opinion?
Thanks as I await a positive responses
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by YungJo207(m): 10:16pm On Dec 14, 2017
BlowJobs:
More pics

See my car shocked Volvo xc90 blowjobs we need to talk on car important to Naija seems like cars are cheap there grin kiss
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by nastyd(m): 12:09am On Dec 15, 2017
YungJo207:

See my car shocked Volvo xc90 blowjobs we need to talk on car important to Naija seems like cars are cheap there grin kiss

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Goldenboy007(m): 3:32am On Dec 15, 2017
You guys are right about your observations. I experienced same thing too. When you begin to earn well or rise in the corporate ladder in the US, you begin to find yourself isolated amongst the whites. There are times I go to gourmet restaurant filled with whites and I am sure they think I work in the restaurant. Some are even outrightly unfriendly. That's the price we have to pay for living in a foreign land. I quite agree there are systemic racism but Nigerians have not let that stop them. Verizon is filled with young Nigerian managers. Unlike Nigeria where your hard work may go down the drain, hard in US brings results.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by samhay: 5:37am On Dec 15, 2017
lionlee216:
Thanks ya'll and I appreciate you guys. On behalf of OP, Can you pls enlighten the house the kind of courses to do in US that are hot cakes and can make someone never to run out of Jobs

Bossman
TWoods
Lagosismyhome

etc

Love this
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by LEOSIRSIR(m): 7:49am On Dec 15, 2017
http://www.nigeriaembassyusa.org/index.php?page=visas

lionlee216:
Seems like I'll be visiting nigeria soon with my wife during my next holiday..

What is the procedure for getting a nigerian visa on a US passport?

TWoods, do you have any message to send to our leaders or you need african food? My departure will be from JFK and You live in NJ grin grin tongue tongue
Lagosismyhome wink
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nig4Greatness: 9:17am On Dec 15, 2017
BlowJobs:

This dude dark sha..Kilode!!!..
Na what you really need God kukuma give you (colour combo),and as dey used to say,unlike pole attracts..Enjoy the bliss man.

11 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by suxes2005(m): 10:55am On Dec 15, 2017
Excuse me, something just happened right now.

I discovered some people are "jealous" of TWoods.
Are you M plus A plus D? Lol

Lionlee216, mehn people dey keep record ooo.
The other guy was asking if the lady was one of
the ones you once talked about long time ago !

Chei ...

@ BlowJobs, you sure is a good man. Keep carrying
legit boys along. God keep keeping you.
...and I hope your skin bleach naturally smiley

SHALOM

3 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by lionlee216(m): 2:27pm On Dec 15, 2017
suxes2005:
Excuse me, something just happened right now.

I discovered some people are "jealous" of TWoods.
Are you M plus A plus D? Lol

SHALOM

Talk true, Who no go "jealous" of person wey dey work as professional for yankee and get paid overseas trip to any country of his choice? grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 15, 2017
No
Nig4Greatness:
This dude dark sha..Kilode!!!..
Na what you really need God kukuma give you (colour combo),and as dey used to say,unlike pole attracts..Enjoy the bliss man.
This hand is from south Sudan.

5 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Bossman(m): 4:20pm On Dec 15, 2017
One thing is certain in this world - Nothing is guaranteed! Things are changing and evolving and we just have to adjust as that happens. For now, I would say the Medical fields - Physician, Nursing, Pharmacy, etc. The IT fields - Software Development (everything is getting automated), Database admin, Project Management in general. The engineering fields - Civil, Electrical, etc. Finance and Accounting as well. Honestly, the most important thing is, whatever you do or study, make sure you are very good at it and you keep improving on your skills. As for specific courses, just take the courses that will qualify you for one of these jobs.

lionlee216:

Bossman
TWoods
Lagosismyhome

etc

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by MackyNaija(m): 5:07pm On Dec 15, 2017
elfmann:
No
This hand is from south Sudan.
grin grin

Post your own make we see. Hahaha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by LagosismyHome(f): 5:42pm On Dec 15, 2017
Bossman:
One thing is certain in this world - Nothing is guaranteed! Things are changing and evolving and we just have to adjust as that happens. For now, I would say the Medical fields - Physician, Nursing, Pharmacy, etc. The IT fields - Software Development (everything is getting automated), Database admin, Project Management in general. The engineering fields - Civil, Electrical, etc. Finance and Accounting as well. Honestly, the most important thing is, whatever you do or study, make sure you are very good at it and you keep improving on your skills. As for specific courses, just take the courses that will qualify you for one of these jobs.

nothing to add........well said

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by LagosismyHome(f): 5:45pm On Dec 15, 2017
Lamzee:

And Lagos Mummy will be telling us 'small Lady like me' in student forum. God Bless your Children

smiley cheesy grin thanks. amen and bless you too

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (110) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Brazil / Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa! / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.