Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,215 members, 7,815,248 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience - Travel (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience (346818 Views)

Former Erosion Site Transformed Into A Green Park In Uyo (Before & After Photos) / B1/B2 Change Of Status To F1 / B1/B2 Change Of Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (110) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Infamous(m): 1:30am On Dec 20, 2017
Lionlee216, you no be better person o. 28yr old with 6kids from 3 different people? ah that one na die o. i don't want any bullet in me at all. plus other wahala. you for carry am na.
lol. she even wanted you to straff her without cd!! see real life karashika. e good as you run.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by lionlee216(m): 1:33am On Dec 20, 2017
Infamous:
Lionlee216, you no be better person o. 28yr old with 6kids from 3 different people? ah that one na die o. i don't want any bullet in me at all. plus other wahala. you for carry am na.
lol. she even wanted you to straff her without cd!! see real life karashika. e good as you run.

Lol, who born me? Infact I imagine myself drilling a hole where six kids came out irritate me. I can not come and die.

12 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Infamous(m): 1:36am On Dec 20, 2017
lionlee216:

Lol, who born me? Infact I imagine myself drilling a hole where six kids came out irritate me. I can not come and die.

ROTFL
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Bede2u(m): 6:03am On Dec 20, 2017
justwise:

This sham marriage is going to end the same way other 4 ended because real love is not on the table here, just American passport.
Marriages end all the time undecided

Will you marry a Nigerian woman with 4kinds that has married 3 times before if foreign passport is not on the table ?
Yes I can if there are other things to gain from the marriage. Could be happiness, wealth, influence and/or fame. For instance, I can marry Rita Dominic, Kate Henshaw, Omotala and Genevieve Nnaji cheesy
This woman is 20yrs older than you with 4 kids and 3 baby daddies. You promised to stay with her if she gives you kids? Who are you kidding bro?
She is actually 13 years older than me with 2 baby daddies. Macron, the president of France is married to a woman 24 years older than him, with 3 grown children. We are to believe the marriage is because of love only right? Afterall Macron is white and cant do anything questionable. Is it possible Macron was fvcking an older, married woman and eventually married her for career advancement and politics? Dont answer the question.
You want to marry her for paper simply!
Who we go ask? grin

If people turn this thread to sham marriage counselling thread then I will move it to romance or family section.
If u do that, am sure u have other reasons cos the thread is exactly what it is.

18 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Dremca(m): 7:02am On Dec 20, 2017
lionlee216:

Well Bro, You know I advised him on K1 Visa at least spend some times together and from there he will know if he truly have a thing for the girl in question. I told him to search his heart to know if truly its true love.. they might meet and the "attraction" might not be there. The way you talk on phone is different to real life.

Personally, i wouldn't marry some one with 4 kids.. if he is really looking for papers and not for true love, the American dream can turn to American Nightmare if care is not taken.

He made me remember a lady I once met during my hunting days. She was 28years then with 6 kids. 6kids, 3 different fathers. She even went ahead and say she doesn't like condoms during sex. All her effort to make our relationship work failed. I ran away like Usain bolt. Who go dey babysit 6 kids Lol?

All in all, there is more to American dream apart from getting papers.. Some people are not really informed hence we just need to educate them on their decision and not accusing them.

Make i give you the woman with 6 kids? Lol

Shalom.
Did she show you her STD test result to ensure she is safe. What if the baby daddies are jobless, how do they fund their child care support. I know she must be black American.

3 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by lionlee216(m): 12:23pm On Dec 20, 2017
Dremca:
Did she show you her STD test result to ensure she is safe. What if the baby daddies are jobless, how do they fund their child care support. I know she must be black American.

She inturn asked me for std/hiv results which i editted my friends work and gave to her but she never talked about her own.. who even get her time, 6 kids, she's jobless lol.

She's White .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by error4040: 12:26pm On Dec 20, 2017
lionlee216:

She inturn asked me for std/hiv results which i editted my friends work and gave to her but she never talked about her own.. who even get her time, 6 kids, she's jobless lol.

She's White .
6 kids ?? shocked Nawao

lwkm! oga she been wan tire you down with karashika power grin grin
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Dremca(m): 12:35pm On Dec 20, 2017
lionlee216:

She's White .
So all those guys dey do hit and run. Na confirm bonaza she be. Bros no vex, if she come born too much maybe upto 10, shebi the children go turn to Almajiri. To all my naija guys wey do "money for hand back for ground" for naija girls, go get your visa and come and eat free food.

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 20, 2017
Bede2u:
So I met this woman on a social forum. Early 40s, 4 kids lives in southern America. She is African American.
We have become good friends. I live in Gulf region and she is talking of coming to visit me next year. I am late 20s. We are also talking possibility of marriage when she comes. I work in construction in the Gulf while she works as home care nurse in Southern America.

Problem is she has been married 3 times. All to foreigners.

First husband...from caribbean country...had two kids but divorced b4 green card can be given. (He remarried and living in same state with her. Now a citizen)

2nd husband.....a Nigerian who paid her for papers. No strings attached. No love.

3rd husband....another African who she married for love. They married for 4 years. The guy got his papers and left without saying good bye. No kids

Other 2 kids are from a boyfriend...never married.

Now the lady feels that Men Always Leave. I have promised I wont leave if she gives me kids. (I intend to keep that promise) I know she dont believe me though.

Questions
1. If we marry and i come over on spouse visa, can i work on the visa
2. Can i study also on the visa
3. How long can i stay on the visa without applying for green card (incase she gets cunny and refuse to file for me based on her past experience with the African guy)
4. Seeing that she has married 3 times, will it complicate and delay the greencard process if she eventually agrees to file for me

I ask these cos i know she is now paranoid and thinks i would leave after i get papers. I dont mind staying with her after my papers...but i wanna be sure I can live, work and study in America on spouse visa for a long time until she feels confident and trustful enough to file for green card for me. Dont wanna come to America on visa type that wont allow me to work and study
Lol.. You want to marry an Akara woman who is 40 years old and has 5 kids from different men just for green card?
Welcome to hell.. Who no go no know.
I hope you come back to Nairaland to share your testimony

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by error4040: 1:17pm On Dec 20, 2017
Ogbeche77:
Lol.. You want to marry an Akara woman who is 40 years old and has 5 kids from different men just for green card?
OGBECHE77!!!! shocked shocked shocked

i thought you don Abandon NL o grin.

Guys the Above Moniker is A Europian legend!

Wehdon sir!
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by castrokins(m): 1:18pm On Dec 20, 2017
This Matter Weak Me o

Ogbeche77:
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Bede2u(m): 1:30pm On Dec 20, 2017
Ogbeche77:
care to explain?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by lionlee216(m): 1:33pm On Dec 20, 2017
Bede2u:
care to explain?

Bro i no mean to discourage you. Either for papers or love, E no worth am
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Bede2u(m): 1:43pm On Dec 20, 2017
lionlee216:

Bro i no mean to discourage you. Either for papers or love, E no worth am
u go explain o bros. Explain why non of d two worth am
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by lionlee216(m): 1:51pm On Dec 20, 2017
Bede2u:
u go explain o bros. Explain why non of d two worth am

I really dont know how to explain this.. You might get married and decided not to file for you. She might just keep you indoors and servicing her without you working.

Also she might not be working and you work while she controls your money. Imagine a situation of paying bills and catering for 4kids.

Some of those Akatas are very mean but always pretend to be nice. You really dont want a burden on yourself. Worst she give birth and you are stuck for the rest of your life..

Use b1 visa for vacation, spend time in US, MEET people and there you might be fortunate, build a relationship, come back home and everything go dey alright.

My advice might not be pleasing to your hearing but I want the best for you as a fellow nigerian.

Pls reconsider.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Bede2u(m): 2:58pm On Dec 20, 2017
lionlee216:

I really dont know how to explain this.. You might get married and decided not to file for you. She might just keep you indoors and servicing her without you working.

Also she might not be working and you work while she controls your money. Imagine a situation of paying bills and catering for 4kids.

Some of those Akatas are very mean but always pretend to be nice. You really dont want a burden on yourself. Worst she give birth and you are stuck for the rest of your life..

Use b1 visa for vacation, spend time in US, MEET people and there you might be fortunate, build a relationship, come back home and everything go dey alright.

My advice might not be pleasing to your hearing but I want the best for you as a fellow nigerian.

Pls reconsider.
Nice one...she is working sha...a homecare worker, earns 41k usd. She works 2 jobs (same type of job, different agencies) and sometimes strech to 24 hours non stop working ( sometimes 48 hours). She says she needs a working man to help pay bills so she wont have to work long hours. She also says i can remain in middle east until paper is sorted so i can be able to work. (Is that possible?)
Me really no mind marry her for real. Naija matter weak me. As far as i live and work legally in u.s and working towards citizenship, i no too mind who i come home to everyday (as far as she isnt violent or sick). Macron's wife is 24 yrs older than him and she no even fit give Macron any kids. So a high flying guy like him cant even leave his legacies to kids cos of who he marry.

If u ask me to choose btw living in nigeria and marrying a sexy Nigerian girl my age for d rest of my life or living in u.s and marrying an older fat lady for d rest of my life....i will choose the later

However am open to advice and suggestions smiley

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Donaltus: 3:02pm On Dec 20, 2017
The hustle for green card is real
I feel your pain bro
Bede2u:
Nice one...she is working sha...a homecare worker, earns 41k usd. She works 2 jobs (same type of job, different agencies) and sometimes strech to 24 hours non stop working ( sometimes 48 hours). She says she needs a working man to help pay bills so she wont have to work long hours. She also says i can remain in middle east until paper is sorted so i can be able to work. (Is that possible?)
Me really no mind marry her for real. Naija matter weak me. As far as i live and work legally in u.s and working towards citizenship, i no too mind who i come home to everyday (as far as she isnt violent or sick). Macron's wife is 24 yrs older than him and she no even fit give Macron any kids. So a high flying guy like him cant even leave his legacies to kids cos of who he marry.

If u ask me to choose btw living in nigeria and marrying a sexy Nigerian girl my age for d rest of my life or living in u.s and marrying an older fat lady for d rest of my life....i will choose the later

3 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by castrokins(m): 3:10pm On Dec 20, 2017
People Don't Understand That Some People Desperately Want Out Of This Country. To Some People, It's Immaterial How That Comes About. A Country Where You Work And Are Owed Salaries, You Have No Electricity Supplied Buy You Must Pay Bills. Not Many Can Cope With These Conditions.

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by paulbets: 3:20pm On Dec 20, 2017
Bede2u:

Brother I just had to comment so as to pitch my observation and advice to you.
I have been reading your comments and I want to believe that I understand you very well.
However, I feel you have unknowingly made up your mind already... and will cite any case that supports your decision to marry the lady.
I want to humbly suggest that you take another look at the whole marriage thing you are planning to have with her. I feel you should not get yourself entangled with this particular lady.
Although you want to get permanent resident and possibly US citizenship, I believe the option of falling in love with this lady and then marrying her is not the best pathway for your goal.
Please calm down and think it through.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Dremca(m): 3:58pm On Dec 20, 2017
Bede2u:

I really understand you bro. Your action is not different from that of an average Nigerian girl who would fall for a man and accept to marry him because of the size of his wallet. Gulf region is an emerging market where you can be opportune to meet even younger American ladies in events who would love you for who you are not for your wallet. Having said, Americans are extremely emotional people, she can wake up one morning and seek for a divorce. PS: Be informed that you guys ought to be married for at least 2years which gives you temporary green card from the time of marriage, after which the condition will be lifted in the second year and you get get your official green card. Then after 3years of marriage, you apply for citizenship. Your temporary green card is more like a premium visa (premium in the sense that you enjoy the priviledge other permanent resident but stil temporaral because is valid for 2years) and if you guys divorce before the 2nd year in marriage, you stay out of status at the end of the 2years in order words, you will be an "ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT." So my brother think twice considering who have had several affairs. Have you asked yourself why she don't last in relationship and the average time she has lasted in a relationship. Does she have any criminal record, because if she does, you could be indicted in the future for what you don't know because you're her spouse. Yankee love dey sweet but no be for tokumbo like this. THINK TWICE.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Bede2u(m): 4:10pm On Dec 20, 2017
Dremca:
I really understand you bro. Your action is not different from that of an average Nigerian girl who would fall for a man and accept to marry him because of the size of his wallet. Gulf region is an emerging market where you can be opportune to meet even younger American ladies in events who would love you for who you are not for your wallet. Having said, Americans are extremely emotional people, she can wake up one morning and seek for a divorce. PS: Be informed that you guys ought to be married for at least 2years which gives you temporary green card from the time of marriage, after which the condition will be lifted in the second year and you get get your official green card. Then after 3years of marriage, you apply for citizenship. Your temporary green card is more like a premium visa (premium in the sense that you enjoy the priviledge other permanent resident but stil temporaral because is valid for 2years) and if you guys divorce before the 2nd year in marriage, you stay out of status at the end of the 2years in order words, you will be an "ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT." So my brother think twice considering who have had several affairs. Have you asked yourself why she don't last in relationship and the average time she has lasted in a relationship. Does she have any criminal record, because if she does, you could be indicted in the future for what you don't know because you're her spouse. Yankee love dey sweet but no be for tokumbo like this. THINK TWICE.
wow i like yours... u explained wat i can do with the visa i am issued once we are officially married. Nice one. From ur explanation it seems i'd be able to work once we marry even without greencard?
If we divorce, i dont intend to overstay my visa and bcom illegal. I will leave once am out of status and restrategise on how to return. Every must be done legally.
Gulf is an emerging region and am keeping it close...however America is where d heart is
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Dremca(m): 4:25pm On Dec 20, 2017
Bede2u:
wow i like yours... u explained wat i can do with the visa i am issued once we are officially married. Nice one. From ur explanation it seems i'd be able to work once we marry even without greencard?
If we divorce, i dont intend to overstay my visa and bcom illegal. I will leave once am out of status and restrategise on how to return. Every must be done legally.
Gulf is an emerging region and am keeping it close...however America is where d heart is
Why hoping to divorce someday when you can marry for love. Good is not enough, the best is yet to come. Search for the best and safeguard your future.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by error4040: 5:14pm On Dec 20, 2017
lionlee216:

Pls reconsider.

Nicely Said!
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by error4040: 5:25pm On Dec 20, 2017
Dremca:
Seconded
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 8:56pm On Dec 20, 2017
error4040:

OGBECHE77!!!! shocked shocked shocked

i thought you don Abandon NL o grin.

Guys the Above Moniker is A Europian legend!

Wehdon sir!
Lol.. I be learner too oo.. I hail you bros
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by justwise(m): 9:27pm On Dec 20, 2017
Bede2u:
Marriages end all the time undecided

Yes I can if there are other things to gain from the marriage. Could be happiness, wealth, influence and/or fame. For instance, I can marry Rita Dominic, Kate Henshaw, Omotala and Genevieve Nnaji cheesy She is actually 13 years older than me with 2 baby daddies. Macron, the president of France is married to a woman 24 years older than him, with 3 grown children. We are to believe the marriage is because of love only right? Afterall Macron is white and cant do anything questionable. Is it possible Macron was fvcking an older, married woman and eventually married her for career advancement and politics? Dont answer the question. Who we go ask? grin

If u do that, am sure u have other reasons cos the thread is exactly what it is.

Your examples are laughable, Macron did not marry his wife for French passport and there was no immigration intent, their love is a far cry from this marriage fraud you are about to carry out.

You just proved my point that you are in it for immigration gain and not love

4 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by MRSHYCAT(m): 9:43pm On Dec 20, 2017
justwise:

Your examples are laughable, Macron did not marry his wife for French passport and there was no immigration intent, their love is a far cry from this marriage fraud you are about to carry out.

You just proved my point that you are in it for immigration gain and not love

Marriage's everywhere in this world is a union of interest. He has his reason or reasons of getting married to this said woman. You're not sure of his intentions. except you can read minds. However, people get married for different reasons, some people want kids to carry their legacy to the next generation, some love, some money etc. You cannot question his intention of getting married to the woman because its not your duty. He only came to the forum to seek something like a professional advice on how to migrate after marriage, and I expect you advice him if you like or you can also keep mum. Its his life, whatever he does with it is his cup of tea. Maybe when he asks for moral advice, you can raise this points you have raised up there. for now , guy man needs travel advice, which is still within the context of this thread and forum. Tankyo!!!

21 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by justwise(m): 9:53pm On Dec 20, 2017
MRSHYCAT:

Marriage's everywhere in this world is a union of interest. [b]He has his reason or reasons of getting married to this said woman. [/b]You're not sure of his intentions. except you can read minds. However, people get married for different reasons, some people want kids to carry their legacy to the next generation, some love, some money etc. You cannot question his intention of getting married to the woman because its not your duty. He only came to the forum to seek something like a professional advice on how to migrate after marriage, and I expect you advice him if you like or you can also keep mum. Its his life, whatever he does with it is his cup of tea. Maybe when he asks for moral advice, you can raise this points you have raised up there. for now , guy man needs travel advice, which is still within the context of this thread and forum. Tankyo!!!

Is either you have not being reading his posts or you did not comprehend it because he made his intention pretty much clear.

I have the right to air my opinion on this issue just as you do, so don't tell me how respond to any post as long as i'm not going against forum rules.

4 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by MRSHYCAT(m): 10:42pm On Dec 20, 2017
justwise:

Is either you have not being reading his posts or you did not comprehend it because he made his intention pretty much clear.

I have the right to air my opinion on this issue just as you do, so don't tell me how respond to any post as long as i'm not going against forum rules.

I have been following this thread, and I know for sure he never said he is getting married for the papers. you're the one calling the marriage a fraud. He said he doesn't having a kid with her and also living with her for good. Now part of his fears is if she decides to jilt him because of the lack of trust. This is also an issue to him because he is gonna leave his life in the middle east to start a new one in US. I'm not against your opinion, but don't call it a fraud when you can't read the heart of the man. He is a man with brain. He is only planning his alternative just in case things go south. Nothing is guaranteed in this life.

20 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by justwise(m): 11:34pm On Dec 20, 2017
MRSHYCAT:

I have been following this thread, and I know for sure he never said he is getting married for the papers. you're the one calling the marriage a fraud. He said he doesn't having a kid with her and also living with her for good. Now part of his fears is if she decides to jilt him because of the lack of trust. This is also an issue to him because he is gonna leave his life in the middle east to start a new one in US. I'm not against your opinion, but don't call it a fraud when you can't read the heart of the man. He is a man with brain. He is only planning his alternative just in case things go south. Nothing is guaranteed in this life.

I call it what its.. a fraud, feel free to dance around it.

5 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by samhay: 12:08am On Dec 21, 2017
justwise:

I call it what its.. a fraud, feel free to dance around it.

wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.

How did you detect its a fraud boss? I wan be like you.

If he had said he is marrying his age mate would you have called it a fraud?

What is the best way to marry a foreigner and you would not term it fraud

12 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by shakol91(m): 2:17am On Dec 21, 2017
Hmmm, this our Mod again. He Don carry another responsibility join moderator work. He's now a Mind reader. Imagine say members fit ban mod,I for just give dis our mod 2 weeks ban for admitting to be a Mind reader gringrin come leave travel section on auto-pilot

22 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (110) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Brazil / Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa! / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.