Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,440 members, 7,830,203 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience - Travel (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience (348287 Views)

Former Erosion Site Transformed Into A Green Park In Uyo (Before & After Photos) / B1/B2 Change Of Status To F1 / B1/B2 Change Of Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (110) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Pesuzok(m): 12:26pm On Jan 12, 2018
BlowJobs:

Getting work visa (H1B)

Visa lottery

Direct relation of a USC ( parents and siblings)

Investor category (E2b or somthing like that)

Those are the ones i am aware of
So it means couples can hardly get a PR
1. You need to be a professional and that no usc or pr can do the job
2. Nigeria is no longer included
3.Some people have no body in US, and even if they do, it might take years
4. You need to invest $500,000 in the US and employ 10 usc or pr
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Pesuzok(m): 12:28pm On Jan 12, 2018
BlowJobs:

The way this Republicans are acting sef.

Na wah o.

So birthright citizenship will be off.
No more visa lottery, no brothers, sisters, parents becoming PR through naturalized citizen.

Make i read that bill sef.
I saw a video yesterday on trump talking about modifying the visa lottery to point based just like Canada and Australia. I hope Nigerians would be allowed if they roll it out
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Josh4wod: 1:12pm On Jan 12, 2018
Blowjobs have you seen this movie?

The proposal
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by 25naira(m): 1:59pm On Jan 12, 2018
Josh4wod:

Exactly,
Funny creature

Hey Bro!
Don't sound like that smiley..
Maybe s/he needs the summery of everything in the thread angry

....in a related development.....
I read from the beginning of this thread to the last page shocked shocked
And all I can say is...wow! Thanks to everyone
And congratulations to u @Blowjobs.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nig4Greatness: 3:01pm On Jan 12, 2018
And why should anybody worried about what's going on in the white house??..
AOS has been a standard practice from inception in every country of the world and it shouldn't pose any concern whatever who occupies the white house think or say.
Let everyone do the right thing and you would be fine.

Meanwhile immigration reforms in the united states has been on for years and each administration upon administration has not been able to do much about it except issuing an executive order which only last the lifetime of that administration if not challenged in court.
Immingration reforms is a sole responsibility of the Congress and no party is willing to do something serious about it cos they are afraid of its backlash.
Whatever trump say or think is his own personal opinion which has no bearing on anything at this point.he's just trying to use DACA deal as a means to achieve his sinister motives.Americans are wiser now.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Jrevelation(m): 4:10pm On Jan 12, 2018
Bro what do you think about schooling in Dominica
Is a Caribbean country , how easy to apply for J1 visa to yankee from there ?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Josh4wod: 4:37pm On Jan 12, 2018
Nig4Greatness:
And why should anybody worried about what's going on in the white house??..
AOS has been a standard practice from inception in every country of the world and it shouldn't pose any concern whatever who occupies the white house think or say.
Let everyone do the right thing and you would be fine.

Meanwhile immigration reforms in the united states has been on for years and each administration upon administration has not been able to do much about it except issuing an executive order which only last the lifetime of that administration if not challenged in court.
Immingration reforms is a sole responsibility of the Congress and no party is willing to do something serious about it cos they are afraid of its backlash.
Whatever trump say or think is his own personal opinion which has no bearing on anything at this point.he's just trying to use DACA deal as a means to achieve his sinister motives.Americans are wiser now.
Thanks for this
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by PDPGuy: 5:22pm On Jan 12, 2018
BlowJobs:

The way this Republicans are acting sef.

Na wah o.

So birthright citizenship will be off.
No more visa lottery, no brothers, sisters, parents becoming PR through naturalized citizen.

Make i read that bill sef.

Birthright citizenship can only be abrogated through a constitutional amendment. A majority of the state legislatures (3/4) would have to approve it, and both houses of Congress approve it, before it gets repealed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 7:13pm On Jan 13, 2018
PDPGuy:

Birthright citizenship can only be abrogated through a constitutional amendment. A majority of the state legislatures (3/4) would have to approve it, and both houses of Congress approve it, before it gets repealed.

Good to know. Thanks
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by 9jaStar: 7:24pm On Jan 13, 2018
AK481:

Over 3000 naira!?
Over 3000 naira!?

Yellow Chilli or Otres will cost you more than that for one meal.
One grilled catfish at Farm City in Lekki is N4k
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 7:26pm On Jan 13, 2018
Nothing special is happening in my life. It is boring.

3/4 days of work per week

studying for an Exam

Watching so much TV nowadays.

Honestly, i wish i can post all day. But.. life is so boring.

Boredom will get me in trouble.

Here is a little "exciting" story..... (sorry I'm sharing this Mrs K if you read this grin)

My "ex" (*i don't know what to call it cos we never actually dated*) from 3 years ago sent me an email few days ago. she said Nigeria is being talked about in the news and she missed me. She asked when next i'm coming to the US. she would like for us to hang out again.

Mrs K replied with a picture of her flashing her ring grin (she can be petty like that grin). I am waiting for her to reply..

i am bored tho. i have been tracking my application over and over like it will suddenly say "interview Scheduled" grin

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by samuelkingz(m): 9:02pm On Jan 13, 2018
BlowJobs:

studying for an Exam

Here is a little "exciting" story..... (sorry I'm sharing this Mrs K if you read this grin)

My "ex" (*i don't know what to call it cos we never actually dated*) from 3 years ago sent me an email few days ago. she said Nigeria is being talked about in the news and she missed me. She asked when next i'm coming to the US. she would like for us to hang out again.

Mrs K replied with a picture of her flashing her ring grin (she can be petty like that grin). I am waiting for her to reply..

i am bored tho. i have been tracking my application over and over like it will suddenly say "interview Scheduled" grin

Hahahahaha mrs K shade is classic....I love that jaare...as for d boredom...bro its a phase..chill,that too would pass nwanne..what exam are you taking..do you mind sharing?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by MRSHYCAT(m): 11:45pm On Jan 13, 2018
BlowJobs:

studying for an Exam

lol... nwanne can I pm you? I wanna make some enquiries from you.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by samhay: 8:59am On Jan 14, 2018
BlowJobs:

I guess you also r avin the so called EXECUTIVE TIME like the orange man
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by 9jaStar: 1:45pm On Jan 14, 2018
BlowJobs:

Wow.. Men.. you are over qualified sef.
Like i advise anyone, Look into Australia and Canada's PR application. going through a process that makes you a Permanent Resident in Western countries is far better than hustling for Work visa of any kind.

Yes, you have a good chance of getting a job in the US. the issue is MOST recruiting IT firm (or any other firm/companies especially Health like Nursing Doctors etc) hardly recruit from Africa ( except maybe South Africa). I know if Nigerian IT engineers moving from the Uk to the US to start another job. i was informed by one of them their work experience in the UK helped and also their location. I will look into this and get back to you. Like i said, i seriously doubt HRs recruit from Naija

I agree with you.
Canada is a much better place for immigrants than the US, especially for one with such high end qualifications
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by TeeAL(m): 5:01pm On Jan 14, 2018
nice thread @blowjobs. I read from the beginning up to the end . I pray that God will bless your hustle and give you beautiful kids with your wife.

2 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by DereI(f): 7:11pm On Jan 14, 2018
Wheeeeew. And I got to the current page. Interesting thread BJ, kudos. Your stories about Mrs K are intriguing. It's like reading a "James Hardley Chase" novel especially the trip to her hometown... Hehehe. I wish you the best in your union.
I don't think I've read through Nairaland threads like I did yours since I joined in 2006...lol. Although the insults and some child-like behaviors on the way were ridiculous and irritating.
Anyways, be happy and I hope to read the post when you eventually get your status adjusted.

Happy new year.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 15, 2018
Happy birthday to me grin!

8 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Fish123(m): 9:55pm On Jan 15, 2018
Wow happy birthday to you bro,God bless your new age
comradespade:
Happy birthday to me grin!
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by djfrancis: 7:59am On Jan 16, 2018
Did your wife use a lawyer?

BlowJobs:
Hallelujah!!!!.

they have received our case

and my Wife said they charged her account. ($1225 and $535)

Awesome!!!!

Now, we wait for Biometrics

Looking forward to making America my Permanent Home!!!.

GLORY!!!
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by djfrancis: 8:12am On Jan 16, 2018
Can I send you a pm please?

lionlee216:

In my own opinion, the AOS will always be there and nothing will happen to it. The only thing I think that can be the problem is the chain based immigration(filing for siblings or parents). As far as other is concerned, You have no problem. You file, You get your work authorization then your green card and you will be be fine.

One thing I hate about this AOS is it makes you worry so much about little things and always checking for immigration news lol.

You don't have to be worried, You will just be fine
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by djfrancis: 8:28am On Jan 16, 2018
BlowJobs:
Got the marriage license. The first question the clerk asked was if either of us has been married before (if you or your spouse has been married before, they want to see proof of divorce, separation or death cert before they proceed)

it cost $50. Looks like this (sample from the internet)

we filled the form, she typed it, show us a sample to confirm the details are correct. She printed it. we signed . she placed it in the envelope then gave us additional information and also list of JP's in the city or we can wait till the end of the month if we prefer to be married in the city hall as they have no free date till then.

Clerk handed it over to Lady K and we left for home. We got home, Lady K went on the citizen and immigration service website to look at the forms, the process and the cost of the Adjustment of Status (i am still yet to familiarize myself with the process i am kinda lazy when it comes to paper work lol). The website has the option of ordering the forms free of charge (instead of printing all the pages) by mail (https://www.uscis.gov/forms).

The next step is calling the JP's to find out their charges and who has the most flexible time for the particular date I have in mind (Lady K's birthday is coming up in few days. She has no idea what i am planning. i don't even act like i remember)

oh, the license is valid for 90days. we have to be married withing 90days (i believe)

okay, if it's going to expire in 90 days and the K1 process takes 5 months to process, would that not mean getting another one? how much effect will this have on the application especially for some of us who because of distance can't necessarily meet out spouses and as such cant 'jointly' go to the license registry
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by lionlee216(m): 12:37pm On Jan 16, 2018
djfrancis:
Can I send you a pm please?

Yes
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by djfrancis: 5:35pm On Jan 16, 2018
lionlee216:

Yes

Thanks. Check your email
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jan 16, 2018
Fish123:
Wow happy birthday to you bro,God bless your new age

Thanks, sir grin
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Fish123(m): 11:34pm On Jan 16, 2018
Your welcome bro,i pray by this time next year,nah for that side you dey celebrate ham
i still dey expect my AKARA tho
comradespade:

Thanks, sir grin
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jan 16, 2018
Fish123:
Your welcome bro,i pray by this time next year,nah for that side you dey celebrate ham
i still dey expect my AKARA tho

Amen! This same prayer from everybody oo... I think something positive is about to happen grin

Thanks. Bou the akara..

Finished lipsrsealed
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Fish123(m): 11:53pm On Jan 16, 2018
Ahhhhh finish ke,ok o, nah something big i go use ham collect enh
night crawlergrin,while are you still awake, go sleep joor
comradespade:

Amen! This same prayer from everybody oo... I think something positive is about to happen grin

Thanks. Bou the akara..

Finished lipsrsealed
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 12:02am On Jan 17, 2018
Fish123:
Ahhhhh finish ke,ok o, nah something big i go use ham collect enh
night crawlergrin,while are you still awake, go sleep joor

Lol... Something big ke? I be small man oo... Wetin be the essence of sleeping when people dey jand? While I'm sleeping, Lufthansa, Fly Emirates, Etihad, British airways n American airline don take off from Muritala Mohammed go drop people for JFK undecided

4 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Pesuzok(m): 6:57am On Jan 17, 2018
http://cnn.it/2reRTqg

What could have made the man not to have his legal stay? Even after getting married to a USC and have children.

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by samhay: 11:54am On Jan 17, 2018
Pesuzok:
http://cnn.it/2reRTqg

What could have made the man not to have his legal stay? Even after getting married to a USC and have children.

Saw it on CNN yesterday, his wife said d lawyer made a mistake on their 1st filing, seems Dat was d beginning of his misfortune. He was brought to the USA as a 10year old boy and now 39 with 2kids,so unfortunate for him to return to his country like an immigrant

2 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by costal(m): 4:42pm On Jan 17, 2018
Wow

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (110) (Reply)

General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries / Giving Birth In Brazil / Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.