Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,319 members, 7,829,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience - Travel (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience (348273 Views)

Former Erosion Site Transformed Into A Green Park In Uyo (Before & After Photos) / B1/B2 Change Of Status To F1 / B1/B2 Change Of Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (110) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by emmayayodeji(m): 5:03pm On Jan 17, 2018
Wow

Just read it all from page 1.
I must say i am really inspired

And about Mrs ks Marijuana plant please update us, it must be grown now grin grin

cc Blowjobs

2 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by justwise(m): 10:37pm On Jan 17, 2018
@shakol91

Visit business or investment section for investment ideas or start a thread in any of those sections. Posting it here is derailing as it got nothing to do with travel or visa.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by shakol91(m): 10:58pm On Jan 17, 2018
justwise:
@shakol91

Visit business or investment section for investment ideas or start a thread in any of those sections. Posting it here is derailing as it got nothing to do with travel or visa.
who told you I haven't done that before posting it here,moreover it was urgent and I've read people discussing something similar to that here. I've not derailed this thread in anyway because I've seen people having car discussion, asking for assistance and lot more so why is my own different. Infact justwise you're partial. You can still give another ban if you like that won't stop me from expressing my mind.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by justwise(m): 11:03pm On Jan 17, 2018
shakol91:
who told you I haven't done that before posting it here,moreover it was urgent and I've read people discussing something similar to that here. I've not derailed this thread in anyway because I've seen people having car discussion, asking for assistance and lot more so why is my own different. Infact justwise you're partial. You can still give another ban if you like that won't stop me from expressing my mind.

You did not start any thread in any of those sections asking for investment ideas, that is what you should do if there is no existing thread.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Fish123(m): 12:02am On Jan 18, 2018
cheesycheesycheesy
comradespade:

Lol... Something big ke? I be small man oo... Wetin be the essence of sleeping when people dey jand? While I'm sleeping, Lufthansa, Fly Emirates, Etihad, British airways n American airline don take off from Muritala Mohammed go drop people for JFK undecided
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Dimejidude(m): 6:34am On Jan 18, 2018
BlowJobs:

Yes oo, every decent hard working Nigerian finding it hard to get a decent job, save decent money and live decent life must come here oo. If you are tired of naija situation, start to dey think of leaving o.

True story:
i used to pay hard hard prayers in Naija. "MFM die by fire" prayers. shouting and screaming prayers but ever since i left, my prayers are "on the go" prayers, simple silent prayers, no need to stress God. I discovered, if the system works, your "enemies" don't need to "die by fire". You just need to do your part and see the result. prayers are just added bonus to it
grin grin grin
It is even good that way. He has answered your prayers, let him answer our own too.
It is well!
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by bigtt76(f): 7:18am On Jan 18, 2018
Our discussing about cars here was as a result of an earlier post about car malfunction which was closely related to the entire thread. You jumping in to post an unrelated car issue is not just right angry

shakol91:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by shakol91(m): 9:23am On Jan 18, 2018
bigtt76:
Our discussing about cars here was as a result of an earlier post about car malfunction which was closely related to the entire thread. You jumping in to post an unrelated car issue is not just right angry

pls don't get me wrong, I didn't mean to derail this thread,I mentioned 2 people to help me with links or idea inorder not to make it a general discussion and secondly I wasn't against people discussing car and assistance, I mentioned that to counter what the Mod said. Seriously the Mod is biased
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by bigtt76(f): 10:29am On Jan 18, 2018
Ok well understood. Mod was only trying to make sure the thread is not derailed ...he was doing his job. Let bygone be bygone. kiss

shakol91:
pls don't get me wrong, I didn't mean to derail this thread,I mentioned 2 people to help me with links or idea inorder not to make it a general discussion and secondly I wasn't against people discussing car and assistance, I mentioned that to counter what the Mod said. Seriously the Mod is biased
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by sevule(m): 6:21pm On Jan 18, 2018
@blowjobs Congrats on you application
I just received my letter from USCIS requesting me to appear for the green card interview(I have uploaded the letter). It took a year between the time I applied and the time I received my interview letter. However the actual time varies depending on the state you live in. My brother applied for a Green card and it took him about 10 months.

I always tell folks that you do NOT need a lawyer to apply for a green card. Just read the instructions carefully and ensure you send ALL the documents requested for. In fact add jara to the documents to strengthen your case. The great thing about America is the fact that the system works and you don't need to know or grease some official to get things done

My interview is next month and once it is done I will upload the transcript of the interview.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Dremca(m): 7:54pm On Jan 18, 2018
Congrats bto. Which path did you follow marriage, family or job
sevule:
I just received my letter from USCIS requesting me to appear for the green card interview(I have uploaded the letter). It took a year between the time I applied and the time I received my interview letter. However the actual time varies depending on the state you live in. My brother applied for a Green card and it took him about 10 months.

I always tell folks that you do NOT need a lawyer to apply for a green card. Just read the instructions carefully and ensure you send ALL the documents requested for. In fact add jara to the documents to strengthen your case. The great thing about America is the fact that the system works and you don't need to know or grease some official to get things done

My interview is next month and once it is done I will upload the transcript of the interview.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by sevule(m): 9:46pm On Jan 18, 2018
Dremca:
Congrats bto. Which path did you follow marriage, family or job
Marriage
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by djfrancis: 10:46pm On Jan 18, 2018
K1?

sevule:

Marriage
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by PromixTuhh(m): 3:08pm On Jan 19, 2018
[quote author=sevule post=64314512]
Congratulations
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by MabraO: 9:36am On Jan 20, 2018
Been following this thread since last year
Don’t know if it is out if excitement that I forget to comment or just my ignorance

Oga BJ I like what u doing nd May God continue to bless u.
We shall one day give testimonies like this one day

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by error4040: 12:59pm On Jan 20, 2018

Here Silent o!
Shuuuu
where Blowjobs Lionlee216 ?
please we need random updates biko
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by femora007(m): 8:32pm On Jan 20, 2018
finally catch up with the thread.
well done op, God bless ur new home
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by djfrancis: 8:39pm On Jan 20, 2018
Kindly check your mail

lionlee216:

Yes
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by NefT: 8:23am On Jan 21, 2018
Richypman:

Just STFU!!! you messed up already and its now very obvious you are the same person, Abi what's the meaning of this below, sounds like some sorta desperation kicking in... This right here is very disgusting;

Its people like you that denies genuine people the opportunity of getting help from such good benevolent people.

Fake people everywhere! It is the same Lamze that is begging for $20 presently in the american visa students section of nairaland. Bboy could be the same person as Lamze

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Lamzee(m): 4:39pm On Jan 21, 2018
NefT:

Fake people everywhere! It is the same Lamze that is begging for $20 presently in the american visa students section of nairaland. Bboy could be the same person as Lamze

Must you show your shallow Brain on the internet, your first assignment should be the meaning of Application fee and not rushing here to post false allegations, Oga Justwise

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 6:36pm On Jan 21, 2018
comradespade:
Happy birthday to me grin!

Happy birthday comrade!!. feliz navidad
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 6:37pm On Jan 21, 2018
djfrancis:
Did your wife use a lawyer?

Nope, no lawyer involved. We did the filing ourself
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 6:39pm On Jan 21, 2018
djfrancis:

[/b]

okay, if it's going to expire in 90 days and the K1 process takes 5 months to process, would that not mean getting another one? how much effect will this have on the application especially for some of us who because of distance can't necessarily meet out spouses and as such cant 'jointly' go to the license registry

K1 process brings you here with a 3months visa. then you have to be married within 3 months.

You can get a marriage license today and get married same day. doesn't matter. you can even get marry without saying vows by just signing the dotted lines.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 6:40pm On Jan 21, 2018
MRSHYCAT:

lol... nwanne can I pm you? I wanna make some enquiries from you.

I haven't checked my email in a long time. I'll dedicate this evening to doing that.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Fish123(m): 6:41pm On Jan 21, 2018
Wow our oga blowjobs is back happy Sunday to you man
BlowJobs:

Happy birthday comrade!!. feliz navidad

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 6:42pm On Jan 21, 2018
Pesuzok:
http://cnn.it/2reRTqg

What could have made the man not to have his legal stay? Even after getting married to a USC and have children.

he was undocumented and too old to qualify for DACA.

He should have done the pardon and consular processing for his Permanent resident.

His case might be complicated maybe because he has Criminal records.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 6:49pm On Jan 21, 2018
sevule:

WOW!!!!!. I hope it doesn't take a year for mine (na die be that oo)

Congrats bro, you be strong man oo. i wan be like you when i grow up.
and I wish you all the best in your interview. go pick your pali sharp sharp and start to dey plan your first trip to Canada (God knows that's the first place i'm heading to lol)

well, the great thing about America is that the System works (a lot of times). However, Republicans are on the verge of scattering everything and making America more hostile to Immigrants. America won't fare well in my humble opinion under full Republican control
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 6:51pm On Jan 21, 2018
MabraO:
Been following this thread since last year
Don’t know if it is out if excitement that I forget to comment or just my ignorance

Oga BJ I like what u doing nd May God continue to bless u.
We shall one day give testimonies like this one day

TeeAL:
nice thread @blowjobs. I read from the beginning up to the end . I pray that God will bless your hustle and give you beautiful kids with your wife.

DereI:
Wheeeeew. And I got to the current page. Interesting thread BJ, kudos. Your stories about Mrs K are intriguing. It's like reading a "James Hardley Chase" novel especially the trip to her hometown... Hehehe. I wish you the best in your union.
I don't think I've read through Nairaland threads like I did yours since I joined in 2006...lol. Although the insults and some child-like behaviors on the way were ridiculous and irritating.
Anyways, be happy and I hope to read the post when you eventually get your status adjusted.

Happy new year.

Thanks guys
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 6:57pm On Jan 21, 2018
emmayayodeji:
Wow

Just read it all from page 1.
I must say i am really inspired

And about Mrs ks Marijuana plant please update us, it must be grown now grin grin

cc Blowjobs

If you wan see my madam red eye, touch her plant. grin
Yesterday, she was at the women's march yesterday protesting DJT grin.
I see it as a waste of time to me lol

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (110) (Reply)

General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries / Giving Birth In Brazil / Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.