Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,233 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Wole Soyinka: Nigeria, Failed State, Close To Break Up - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wole Soyinka: Nigeria, Failed State, Close To Break Up (3399 Views)

Osun State Is Now A Failed State. Received Only 55 Million In FG Allocation / Nigeria Is Becoming A Failed State – Prof. Ben Nwabueze / Debate: Is Nigeria A Failed State? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria, Failed State, Close To Break Up by Nobody: 8:19am On Mar 16, 2010
Lol I knew you were rough playing nau grin

goodnight, my new friend wink
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria, Failed State, Close To Break Up by Beaf: 8:30am On Mar 16, 2010
CyberG:

No, I wasn't gonna make you a foe at the outset. . . I think I was only "playing" rough. . .LOL. . .but now I will make friendship. . .no more horse play. . .

Kai, FL. . .I got to sleep it is way past bedtime now. Tomorrow, NL will still be here and I may just come looking for you. Ciao. cool cool

Paroh Frey must have had the last laugh! See CyberG behaving correct correct! grin
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria, Failed State, Close To Break Up by master2(m): 8:32am On Mar 16, 2010
I think sai d man no believe in God. Why he come say "in God's name, "
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria, Failed State, Close To Break Up by Beaf: 8:39am On Mar 16, 2010
master2:

I think sai d man no believe in God. Why he come say "in God's name, "

^
@FL Gators
. . .Count one. There will be many others. Na 9ja we deh. embarassed
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria, Failed State, Close To Break Up by Nobody: 8:42am On Mar 16, 2010
^^*death* grin grin grin
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria, Failed State, Close To Break Up by RichyBlacK(m): 9:21am On Mar 16, 2010
I've never doubted Wole Soyinka's intellect and vision, especially on Nigeria's flimsy politics.

Even when Biafrans were forced to join Nigeria's determined march to failure, people like Wole Soyinka saw the folly of the bloodthirsty bastards who were fast to strategize murderous campaigns against civilians and commit war crimes but glaringly unable to strategize, for their cherished "One Nigeria", a path away from ruin.

The fine tradition of political myopia continues and today Nigeria is run by akamu-brained zombies who consider intellect a bete noire; a gang of nonentities and chronic kleptomaniacs determined to push Nigeria, with the help of a subservient class of serfs scattered all over the land and employing zombiesque conformist ideas, to a calamitous destination.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria, Failed State, Close To Break Up by Beaf: 10:21am On Mar 16, 2010
RichyBlacK:

I've never doubted Wole Soyinka's intellect and vision, especially on Nigeria's flimsy politics.

Even when Biafrans were forced to join Nigeria's determined march to failure, people like Wole Soyinka saw the folly of the bloodthirsty bastards who were fast to strategize murderous campaigns against civilians and commit war crimes but glaringly unable to strategize, for their cherished "One Nigeria", a path away from ruin.

The fine tradition of political myopia continues and today Nigeria is run by akamu-brained zombies who consider intellect a bete noire; a gang of nonentities and chronic kleptomaniacs determined to push Nigeria, with the help of a subservient class of serfs scattered all over the land and employing zombiesque conformist ideas, to a calamitous destination.

Soyinka is a man who has twice been to jail for his love for Nigeria. He is the greatest Nigerian alive today; a very worthy ambassador.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria, Failed State, Close To Break Up by Beaf: 10:25am On Mar 16, 2010
WOLE SOYINKA (Nobel Laureate):
He defended the "real militants" in the Niger Delta, whom he said had a right to take on the government over decades of neglect, rights abuses, environmental crimes and theft of resources. He called Mend "a small, well-organised and resourceful militant group" that could choke the government's lifeline of oil. Yesterday, Mend launched its biggest attack since last year.

God bless you sir!
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria, Failed State, Close To Break Up by Nobody: 10:33am On Mar 16, 2010
Beaf:

God bless you sir!
must you kiss soyinka a s s because of your desperation.eveybody is entitled to their personal opinion.soyinka has his,i have mine and you have yours.there are no real militants in niger delta except oil thieveis who have gained so much from the niger delta crisis amidst seious poverty among their people.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria, Failed State, Close To Break Up by Beaf: 10:36am On Mar 16, 2010
~Bluetooth:

must you kiss soyinka a s s because of your desperation.eveybody is entitled to their personal opinion.soyinka has his,i have mine and you have yours.there are no real militants in niger delta except oil thieveis who have gained so much from the niger delta crisis amidst seious poverty among their people.

Go and die! grin
You haven't even won a bowl of akanmu, yet you want to compare yourself with one of the Nigeria's topmost brains. Olodo!
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria, Failed State, Close To Break Up by CyberG: 12:46am On Mar 17, 2010
FL Gators:

^^*death* grin grin grin
FL Gators:

Lol I knew you were rough playing nau grin

goodnight, my new friend wink

So, I am back on this thing called NL grin grin Where is FL G? The call of nature was so strong last night, I had to shut down the CyberG system. . .
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria, Failed State, Close To Break Up by CyberG: 12:50am On Mar 17, 2010
Beaf:

Paroh Frey must have had the last laugh! See CyberG behaving correct correct! grin

Haha. . .Beaf, you do well to remember the "War of Attrition" that drove that Loser_Frey away from NL? Intel has it that after running away with her tail in between her legs from NL, she will be back when she lands a new "contract" with a new ID!
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria, Failed State, Close To Break Up by mamagee3(f): 1:56am On Mar 17, 2010
I hope we do and get ourselves far away from this Crazy hausa people.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria, Failed State, Close To Break Up by Nobody: 5:41am On Mar 17, 2010
CyberG:

So, I am back on this thing called NL grin grin Where is FL G? The call of nature was so strong last night, I had to shut down the CyberG system. . .
I see that nature came calling again, you're not online grin
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria, Failed State, Close To Break Up by mrblack: 9:44am On Mar 17, 2010
wole soyinka we nigerians diaspora dey for your back,
one love my people,
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria, Failed State, Close To Break Up by CyberG: 5:42pm On Mar 17, 2010
FL Gators:

I see that nature came calling again, you're not online grin

FL G. . .FL G. . .I am online now ooo grin grin. . .just been starting my day quite early and finishing late at night as a deadline is coming-up for me in 2 days time! I'd like to be able to chat you-up when you are online, in another thread so this one is not derailed plus avoid NL wahala! grin grin. As an asides, I almost broke my neck while trying to see your pikshure o. . .maybe I should turn the monitor up-side down sef. . .LOL grin
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria, Failed State, Close To Break Up by Nobody: 5:44pm On Mar 17, 2010
So how are we neighbors again? And I havent read your opinion on Wole Soyinka's matter

Lol sorry, dnt use YIM. tongue
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria, Failed State, Close To Break Up by CyberG: 6:21pm On Mar 17, 2010
Sha. . .you must just have my opinion? grin See, truth be told, at 76 it must be very frustrating for someone like Soyinka who has physically and mentally strived to influence Naija positively and see positive change to see it worse today than it has ever been! I am not even remotely close to 76 but I have family who have lived outside Nigeria for so long and in their 60's and they are REALLY frustrated! I talk to them often and they tell me about their heartaches. . .they have been hoping for several years for things to change and whenever there was a change in government, their hopes went even higher only to be dashed more terribly than it previously was!

In any event, Prof. is speaking the truth that even a "baby" in Naija politics can see!

About the YIM thingy. . .though I have it, I don't go on it often. . .I was actually gonna created a thread in another section or if this NL has a chat which I am not sure it does! But wait a minute. . .how come this damsel don't use no YIM?? I hope you don't communicate by using smoke as signal o. . . tongue tongue
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria, Failed State, Close To Break Up by Nobody: 6:30pm On Mar 17, 2010
CyberG:

Sha. . .you must just have my opinion? grin See, truth be told, at 76 it must be very frustrating for someone like Soyinka who has physically and mentally strived to influence Naija positively and see positive change to see it worse today than it has ever been! I am not even remotely close to 76 but I have family who have lived outside Nigeria for so long and in their 60's and they are REALLY frustrated! I talk to them often and they tell me about their heartaches. . .they have been hoping for several years for things to change and whenever there was a change in government, their hopes went even higher only to be dashed more terribly than it previously was!

In any event, Prof. is speaking the truth that even a "baby" in Naija politics can see!

About the YIM thingy. . .though I have it, I don't go on it often. . .I was actually gonna created a thread in another section or if this NL has a chat which I am not sure it does! But wait a minute. . .how come this damsel don't use no YIM?? I hope you don't communicate by using smoke as signal o. . . tongue tongue

I understand what you're saying. . . .jare. The man has been trying to pound some sense into Nigeria politics durinbg this past month. lol

lol plz dnt create a thread. . . .dnt use YIM because am not uptodate with the technologies of nowadays. This thread is enough to bother you with. tongue
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria, Failed State, Close To Break Up by CyberG: 6:57pm On Mar 17, 2010
FL Gators:

I understand what you're saying. . . .jare. The man has been trying to pound some sense into Nigeria politics durinbg this past month. lol

lol plz dnt create a thread. . . .dnt use YIM because am not uptodate with the technologies of nowadays. This thread is enough to bother you with. tongue

Haha. . .I am sure you are up-to-date enough to use the technologies of today. . .you are definitely not 56?? shocked shocked Plus, NL is probably not the best place to write certain personal information so let's email then. . . wink nanospy007 at yahoo dot com.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria, Failed State, Close To Break Up by Nobody: 11:40pm On Mar 17, 2010
Prsonal stuff like? tongue
You do know that my husbands [SEFAGO and Seun] are on NL abi?
Where you at?
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria, Failed State, Close To Break Up by CyberG: 12:22am On Mar 18, 2010
FL. . .so only you got 2 husbands. . .and NONE has spoken up while their "territory" is under "threat" shocked ?? Well, the "smooth operator" is in town. . .and I am doing this in broad daylight! Haha. . . grin grin. Well. . .just chat-up o my new friend. . .I no dey look Seun face (I knew him in Ife back then) and SEFAGO is some cool guy too. . .no one fit shout say I dey friend my neighbor! cheesy cheesy. Well, no personal information as in "personal" is required just that I don't wanna derail this thread completely while we talk.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria, Failed State, Close To Break Up by Nobody: 12:25am On Mar 18, 2010
awww, now thatz mature. Trying not to derail a thread.
I asked you, where are you?
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria, Failed State, Close To Break Up by CyberG: 12:52am On Mar 18, 2010
FL. . .I might blow my intelligence cover if I post location here. . .you think it is beans to be "Spy 007" grin grin. Abeg, make yawa no gas ooo. . .LOL. Quarter to go, this thread will be off the tracks and to think that the demise of Beaf's thread was due to my handiwork. . . sad
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria, Failed State, Close To Break Up by Nobody: 1:03am On Mar 18, 2010
lol ok, letz not derail smiley
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria, Failed State, Close To Break Up by Nobody: 1:23am On Mar 18, 2010
Soyinka should get a fuuking Life.

How about running for election in his local govt, or governorship?

Or even the presidency?

How about him forming a party? Surely millions will join up.

The easiest thing to do is keep running to CNN and other western newspapers to predict calamity and break-up of  the country - something which never happens despite his decades-long predictions.

The man has this air of ''I'm better than everyone else'' which really gets on my nerves.

He afterall served under a military dictator, IBB, if I remember correctly, yet hasn't found it right to serve under civilian rule.

Mshewwww.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria, Failed State, Close To Break Up by Remii(m): 1:28am On Mar 18, 2010
ROSSIKE:

Soyinka should get a fuuking Life.

How about running for election in his local govt, or governorship?

Or even the presidency?

How about him forming a party? Surely millions will join up.

The easiest thing to do is keep running to CNN and other western newspapers to predict calamity and break-up for the country - something whjich never happens despite his decades-long predictions.

Mshewww.

Even if he run and no rigging, he cannot win in the present set up of Nigerian. Those who vote in Nigeria do not know any other person apart from PDP AC ANPP and the rest. Those writing critically in news papers and Nairaland do not vote. it is the same touts and illiterates that vote. Gani Fawehimi and Pat Utomi have done that and confirmed it. They were not rigged out they were not just know.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigeria, Failed State, Close To Break Up by Nobody: 1:32am On Mar 18, 2010
Remii, if all the 'good Nigerians' have this attitude of ''the system is too corrupt for me to join'', or ''people are too ignorant to vote for a saviour like me'', then WHO will be left to govern?? Of course somebody must govern! And it won't be them. You change the system One man at a time.

Soyinka's entrance into politics will not transform the political landscape by itself since he is just one man.

But it will sure help to sway the system in a better direction,  That's all that counts - a contribution.

For me, running to CNN at every opportunity to deride the nation is NOT contribution.

Does he imagine those people care two shiits about us?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kalu Seeks Ndigbo’s Support For Jonathan / Three New Urban Roads Underway In Calabar / If Buhari Wins, I Will Hang Myself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.