Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,671 members, 7,820,354 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Lady Who Started Bleaching At 19 But Has Stopped Bleaching Speaks (Photos) - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Lady Who Started Bleaching At 19 But Has Stopped Bleaching Speaks (Photos) (51774 Views)

Men Have Started Doing This. Who Started This Nonsense ? / Is Q7 Carrot Body Lotion A Bleaching Cream? / Lady Returns To Her Black Skin After Bleaching (Before Vs Now Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Who Started Bleaching At 19 But Has Stopped Bleaching Speaks (Photos) by agarawu23(m): 12:07pm On Oct 26, 2017
ajebuter:

Not all Yoruba women....

I am one, and I have and cherish my black skin..

Thank you.... cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin tongue tongue tongue
your own better tongue
Re: Lady Who Started Bleaching At 19 But Has Stopped Bleaching Speaks (Photos) by agarawu23(m): 12:09pm On Oct 26, 2017
Goldengold2:
Hmmmmm
apple in my eyes kiss kiss kiss
Re: Lady Who Started Bleaching At 19 But Has Stopped Bleaching Speaks (Photos) by hoesaintloyal(m): 12:13pm On Oct 26, 2017
Not everyone is meant for I be light skinned. Her dark complexion looks better.

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Started Bleaching At 19 But Has Stopped Bleaching Speaks (Photos) by musicwriter(m): 12:17pm On Oct 26, 2017
kunlesufyan:
Would it be okay to say "low self esteem" is one reason why ladies bleach??

Yes, low self esteem. They bleach because they're not proud of their black skin. Ultimately, they bleach because they want to be closer to white people.

If white people looked black and ruled the world, they'll want to have dark skin. Its a psychological problem and has nothing to do with beauty.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Who Started Bleaching At 19 But Has Stopped Bleaching Speaks (Photos) by givenny(f): 12:22pm On Oct 26, 2017
wow,! you even look good now
Re: Lady Who Started Bleaching At 19 But Has Stopped Bleaching Speaks (Photos) by plugdotng(m): 12:26pm On Oct 26, 2017
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, maybe ugly to you but epitome of beauty to someone else. She's got a point however
tobdee:
She Is ugly Whether before or after...
Re: Lady Who Started Bleaching At 19 But Has Stopped Bleaching Speaks (Photos) by neldy(m): 12:26pm On Oct 26, 2017
Chai paint don suffer for people hands sha...
Re: Lady Who Started Bleaching At 19 But Has Stopped Bleaching Speaks (Photos) by mablie(m): 12:26pm On Oct 26, 2017
UBGG:

It says a lot about the world than it says about you and I.(I assume you're dark-skinned).

I am dark-skinned, I have never for once considered 'toning' let alone bleaching my skin. Make up? I can tell you I have only worn make up 4-5 times this year.

Mess with my pysche? Girl...please!

The world does not have the power to tell me who I am or what I should become...I tell the world who I am and expect it to bloody live with it
Re: Lady Who Started Bleaching At 19 But Has Stopped Bleaching Speaks (Photos) by murmee: 12:29pm On Oct 26, 2017
doctorkush:
cheesy wise girl, covered all her roasted corn complexion with make up.... who do u think you are deceiving??
Exactly. She should have shown her black face without any makeup. That would have been more believable!
Re: Lady Who Started Bleaching At 19 But Has Stopped Bleaching Speaks (Photos) by ibkayee(f): 12:32pm On Oct 26, 2017
Mindfulness:

Why do white people sunbath then, use solariums and darkening creams?
I believe that beauty ideals promoted by the media have fvcked with our brains beyond nation, race and culture.

I see people here posting filtered photos which make people look like mannequins and people comment 'stunning', 'beautiful', 'hot'.
I do not understand why. They no longer look like humans. Only babies have flawless skin, adults have marks and with time wrinkles, which is perfectly natural but since the media promotes unnatural and unachievable beauty ideals of endless youth discriminating against age, color, size, we have a bogus perception of 'beauty' and consider fake images beautiful and natural images ugly.

I went out for breakfast a few days ago and met a friend I have not seen in a while. She was shocked I did not apply make up despite the fact that I have a very good skin for my age. I asked her why she thinks I have to apply make up and she said because we all have to. This is the point to which we have been intimidated.

#proudlynatural
You're right

Don't think white people tanning is equivalent to black people lightening their skin because of racism, (if anything Eurocentric beauty standards cater to them the most) but I get that tanning can stem from insecurities, just not on the same scale as black folks, particularly dark skin women, not as far as the societies we're currently in
Re: Lady Who Started Bleaching At 19 But Has Stopped Bleaching Speaks (Photos) by ibkayee(f): 12:33pm On Oct 26, 2017
cescky:

sad
It's ignorance oo, people don't realise that the body we see is not the real self..The real self is within, its like washing a cup you used for one year but your only washing the outside.

People dnt know that ordinary drinking plenty water, joy , forgiveness,peace etc is enough to make them beautiful.

Her normally colour is to die for sef

Lol

Ibk my long lost wife grin...no it's the black man's weak mentality and the power of the media.. secondly a chocolate skin like hers and yours are the best complexion trust me... that's why tanning is on the rise..take a close observation of darker Europeans..eg Italians and co their finer than their fellow Whites..
Lol low self esteem and self hate largely fuelled by Eurocentric standards that deem dark skin unattractive pushed by the media, the black community definitely have their issues but in this case when you're on the receiving end of any type of discrimination I wouldn't blame anyone for being 'weak'
Re: Lady Who Started Bleaching At 19 But Has Stopped Bleaching Speaks (Photos) by ibkayee(f): 12:36pm On Oct 26, 2017
UBGG:

It says a lot about the world than it says about you and I.(I assume you're dark-skinned).

I am dark-skinned, I have never for once considered 'toning' let alone bleaching my skin. Make up? I can tell you I have only worn make up 4-5 times this year.

Mess with my pysche? Girl...please!

The world does not have the power to tell me who I am or what I should become...I tell the world who I am and expect it to bloody live with it.
It's great that you're that strong but some people aren't and standards of beauty definitely have something to do with it lol

I admire your mindset but at the same time, I can also see why people who do it do

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Started Bleaching At 19 But Has Stopped Bleaching Speaks (Photos) by Slaveman343: 12:59pm On Oct 26, 2017
Bleaching turns a pretty girl into an averagie. Tanning does the same. If this ain't clear, you are brainwashed but you don't know

How I go cheat myself marry mgbeke because she bleash? na so person fit Mumu reach Lol

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Started Bleaching At 19 But Has Stopped Bleaching Speaks (Photos) by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 26, 2017
Whats making you mad?? I cant post on some sections yet Ijust joined NL
ibkayee:

It's great that you're that strong but some people aren't and standards of beauty definitely have something to do with it lol

I admire your mindset but at the same time, I can also see why people who do it do
Re: Lady Who Started Bleaching At 19 But Has Stopped Bleaching Speaks (Photos) by ibkayee(f): 1:22pm On Oct 26, 2017
ChiefPiiko:
Whats making you mad?? I cant post on some sections yet Ijust joined NL
Lol don't mind me, just people in my life cheesy

Really? Didn't know this site had that kind of setting

Which sections can't you post on?
Re: Lady Who Started Bleaching At 19 But Has Stopped Bleaching Speaks (Photos) by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 26, 2017
Business and Forum games for now, haven't checked out most sections tho, stay strong, you will be fine cool
ibkayee:

Lol don't mind me, just people in my life cheesy

Really? Didn't know this site had that kind of setting

Which sections can't you post on?

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Started Bleaching At 19 But Has Stopped Bleaching Speaks (Photos) by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 26, 2017
ibkayee:

Cool.
Re: Lady Who Started Bleaching At 19 But Has Stopped Bleaching Speaks (Photos) by FRANKOSKI(m): 1:50pm On Oct 26, 2017
BLACK IS BEAU.
Re: Lady Who Started Bleaching At 19 But Has Stopped Bleaching Speaks (Photos) by Gkemz: 2:36pm On Oct 26, 2017
I prefer her chocolate brown skin to her fair bleached skin
Re: Lady Who Started Bleaching At 19 But Has Stopped Bleaching Speaks (Photos) by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 26, 2017
Inferiority Complexxx
Re: Lady Who Started Bleaching At 19 But Has Stopped Bleaching Speaks (Photos) by piagetskinner(m): 3:02pm On Oct 26, 2017
but ure still wearing makup...
Re: Lady Who Started Bleaching At 19 But Has Stopped Bleaching Speaks (Photos) by PierreDeFermath(m): 3:26pm On Oct 26, 2017
ibkayee:
I don't blame people for bleaching their skin tbh, this world can be very anti black, dark skin etc. That kind of thing can really mess with your psyche
hang with classy people,don't hang with local people and don't listen to these trashy local Nigerian mainstream music. your razz Davidos ,Wizkid,etc will always shout about how some girl is yellow and better than others but American musicians especially wouldn't say such. Black skin is unique and they love it,I'm not talking about some rappers o,some classless and uneducated rappers are just as your Nigerian musicians.
Do you realise how much Iman is appreciated in America? she's the dream woman of many white fashion entrepreneurs and she's dark skinned. someone that's black and ugly is ugly,someone that's black and beautiful is beautiful and same goes with light skinned girls too. mind you I'm a light skinned guy but I so much like really beautiful dark skinned girls . So,skin bleaching shouldn't be an option,a beautiful girl is beautiful,an ugly one is ugly

3 Likes

Re: Lady Who Started Bleaching At 19 But Has Stopped Bleaching Speaks (Photos) by PierreDeFermath(m): 3:30pm On Oct 26, 2017
Slaveman343:
Bleaching turns a pretty girl into an averagie. Tanning does the same. If this ain't clear, you are brainwashed but you don't know

How I go cheat myself marry mgbeke because she bleash? na so person fit Mumu reach Lol

tanning could only do the same on already dark girls. White girls and hispanics that tan always look really nice. Tanning is temporary,they get to their original complexion and tanning is natural and could be uncalled for if one enters the sun at times. go and see Juliet Ibrahim tanned and see drop dead gorgeous girl. in fact I prefer her tanned than being so light skinned

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Started Bleaching At 19 But Has Stopped Bleaching Speaks (Photos) by Slaveman343: 4:08pm On Oct 26, 2017
PierreDeFermath:
tanning could only do the same on already dark girls. White girls and hispanics that tan always look really nice. Tanning is temporary,they get to their original complexion and tanning is natural and could be uncalled for if one enters the sun at times. go and see Juliet Ibrahim tanned and see drop dead gorgeous girl. in fact I prefer her tanned than being so light skinned
I think you have a point. Nice one
Re: Lady Who Started Bleaching At 19 But Has Stopped Bleaching Speaks (Photos) by Slaveman343: 4:14pm On Oct 26, 2017
PierreDeFermath:
hang with classy people,don't hang with local people and don't listen to these trashy local Nigerian mainstream music. your razz Davidos ,Wizkid,etc will always shout about how some girl is yellow and better than others but American musicians especially wouldn't say such. Black skin is unique and they love it,I'm not talking about some rappers o,some classless and uneducated rappers are just as your Nigerian musicians.
Do you realise how much Iman is appreciated in America? she's the dream woman of many white fashion entrepreneurs and she's dark skinned. someone that's black and ugly is ugly,someone that's black and beautiful is beautiful and same goes with light skinned girls too. mind you I'm a light skinned guy but I so much like really beautiful dark skinned girls . So,skin bleaching shouldn't be an option,a beautiful girl is beautiful,an ugly one is ugly
Why would any smart girl listen to local and international wack rappers wey no get class. People need to get smart sha except they are only interested in attracting men with weak personalities.

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Started Bleaching At 19 But Has Stopped Bleaching Speaks (Photos) by JazzMode: 7:15pm On Oct 26, 2017
nzeobi:
why people change their skin colour without changing their character and their inner self still baffles me.
anyway i cant trust or date any person that can deny his true self

Strong points there. Still baffling is why many of our girls swore to make the very expensive mistakes first, before then wanting to withdraw when it already too late, which goes to reveal serious inferiority complex issues and lack of self confidence. It makes them look dumb how they choose to deny their originality only to later realize there was no better alternative to being natural at the end of the day.
Re: Lady Who Started Bleaching At 19 But Has Stopped Bleaching Speaks (Photos) by JazzMode: 7:17pm On Oct 26, 2017
musicwriter:

Yes, low self esteem. They bleach because they're not proud of their black skin. Ultimately, they bleach because they want to be closer to white people.

If white people looked black and ruled the world, they'll want to have dark skin. Its a psychological problem and has nothing to do with beauty.
Re: Lady Who Started Bleaching At 19 But Has Stopped Bleaching Speaks (Photos) by JazzMode: 7:23pm On Oct 26, 2017
ibkayee:

Lol low self esteem and self hate largely fuelled by Eurocentric standards that deem dark skin unattractive pushed by the media, the black community definitely have their issues but in this case when you're on the receiving end of any type of discrimination I wouldn't blame anyone for being 'weak'

"being 'weak'" meaning not fit/strong enough to survive/live, and so must die?
Re: Lady Who Started Bleaching At 19 But Has Stopped Bleaching Speaks (Photos) by Goldengold2(f): 9:31am On Oct 27, 2017
agarawu23:
apple in my eyes kiss kiss kiss
Lol...... Funny man

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Before And After Makeup Photo Has Got Nigerians Talking! / Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) / Your 'Sexy' Hips Could Actually Be Saddlebags (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.