Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,633 members, 7,820,224 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos (3141 Views)

Combating Insecurity In The Country: Lest We Forget – Presidency / "If Anything Happens To Dino Melaye" – Dogara Warns Police / FFK: If Anything Happens To Buhari, Osinbajo Will Take Over, Nothing Will Happen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by NeuroBoss(m): 7:06pm On Oct 26, 2017
Over 200 years ago, the lush
green savannah grasses of the
stretch of land between
Ogbomosho and Jebba fed Yoruba herds. It was also a good
site for hunting expeditions and
that was from where Ilorin, a
then thriving and bustling
Yoruba town got its name, ''the
place where iron is sharpened''.
Alas, the Fulanis happened to it and it never remained the same!

True to type, these Fulanis, like the 21st Century Crusaders of ''No Man's Land'' Lagos, came draped in the pretentious garb of businessmen exploiting the
prosperity and ambience the
land offered. They gained
prominence and wealth. They bought lands and built houses and then they changed! They wanted more- dominance! The
patrimony, rulership and
suppression of the Yoruba
owners of Ilorin became their
obsession and they got it. They
deposed the Baale, the traditional head representing
the Alaafin and the interest of
the Oyo Empire and imposed an Emir, a representative of the
Caliph.

Once getting the dominance, they became demagogues. They lumped the over 70% of the Yoruba towns and villages with some Nupe and Fulani tribes and called it Kwara, the Hausa/Fulani name for the river Niger changing it from the ''Odo Oya'' that the Yorubas called it. They gave Ilorin and Kwara state a North-Central geopolitical bearing and despite the fact that everyone in Ilorin including the emir speaks Yoruba and answers a Yoruba name, they made it officially documented that ''Ilorin will neither be a Yoruba nor a Fulani town''.

If we would not stop being politically correct, if we would
fold our hands and watch some
strangers distort our history and steal our patrimony, if we
would not exert our rights and
responsibilities as custodians of the coveted space called Lagos now, another Ilorin will happen to it.
The next generation must come to meet this Eldorado, the
success story city still a Yorubaland with its language, traditions and institutions preserved and for this, more proactive measures like the YLL and other self-preserving legislations must be made lest these ''NOMANSLANDERS'' win.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by DrGoodman: 7:29pm On Oct 26, 2017
Unfortunately for you, the caliph owns Lagos now and is spreading their tentacles to other south west states as we talk. When the biggest kingmaker in Lagos supported the north and you are here yarn in dust. An emir may be appointed to take over from Akiolu before 20 years.

14 Likes

Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 26, 2017
Lagos is part of Yoruba Land. Everyone knows this. The OP is a trouble maker afraid of Southern Nigeria unity.

2 Likes

Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by Isoko1stSon(m): 7:44pm On Oct 26, 2017
Lagos is Yoruba Land, as for Illorin,Yoruba have lost it 4rever

6 Likes

Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by ZKOSOSO(m): 7:46pm On Oct 26, 2017
Lagos is colony of Benin Empire.
Edo People own Lagos. Fulani just keep off...

But seriously, with MURIC in place as forerunner of the Caliphate I think Yoruba should be very wary of the dogs called HausaFulanis.

I think our new Aare Ona Kakanfon will handle the matter soon.!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by Habakus: 8:24pm On Oct 26, 2017
Op, you're talking about two very different things here; Ilorin used to be a purely Yoruba town, but definitely not Lagos.
That Lagos happens to be in SW geographically, doesn't in any mean that it belongs to the Yorubas. Why don't you go ahead and narrate to us hot Lagos came to belong to Yorubas?
Were Yorubas the first to have a king in Lagos? No.
Was Lagos part of the old Oyo empire? No.
Is 'Lagos' a Yoruba name? No.
No matter how much you shout it, Lagos will still be known by everyone as a no-man's-land.

20 Likes

Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by naijalo: 8:24pm On Oct 26, 2017
igbodefender:
Lagos is part of Yoruba Land. Everyone knows this. The OP is a trouble maker afraid of Southern Nigeria unity.

Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by wale2day: 8:29pm On Oct 26, 2017
grin

8 Likes

Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by wale2day: 8:31pm On Oct 26, 2017
Now who do I believe?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by shallysgirl: 9:18pm On Oct 26, 2017
Which nonsense southern unity?
igbodefender:
Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by Michael004: 10:23pm On Oct 26, 2017
[s]
Habakus:
Op, you're talking about two very different things here; Ilorin used to be a purely Yoruba town, but definitely not Lagos.
That Lagos happens to be in SW geographically, doesn't in any mean that it belongs to the Yorubas. Why don't you go ahead and narrate to us hot Lagos came to belong to Yorubas?
No matter how much you shout it, Lagos will still be known by everyone as a no-man's-land.
[/s]Pigbo ranter has started again. Call your father Mr umudike to jump over ondo, oyo and ogun to claim Lagos. Mumu with dumb reasoning. If I may ask you,
Was ondo part of oyo empire? No
Was ogun part of Oyo empire? No
Was ekiti part of oyo empire? No.
You can as well say those states are not Yoruba land na because they were not part of our empire.
Mumu. No Lagos is not no man's land, it is igbo land. Oh I forgot, so it is no longer bini land again. Confused tribe. Lagos is no man's land abi, then tell your father from Mr umudike from wawa ebonyi igbo to come and be the next oba of Lagos and your uncle to be the next governor since it is not bini land again. Confused descendants.

7 Likes

Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by Michael004: 10:32pm On Oct 26, 2017
wale2day:
Is Lagos really Yoruba land?

Let us see wat the Oba of Lagos has to say about that.

https://www.naij.com/1102404-oba-akiolu-reportedly-lagos-belong-yorubas.html#1102404
Read this and know the truth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by bakynes(m): 11:11pm On Oct 26, 2017
ZKOSOSO:
Lagos is colony of Benin Empire.
Edo People own Lagos. Fulani just keep off...

But seriously, with MURIC in place as forerunner of the Caliphate I think Yoruba should be very wary of the dogs called HausaFulanis.

I think our new Aare Ona Kakanfon will handle the matter soon.!!
Is anything called the Benin Empire again, that shit is long gone. Lagos is Yorubaland.

2 Likes

Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by bakynes(m): 11:18pm On Oct 26, 2017
Habakus:
You hear Places like Mushin,Ipaja,Agege,Ogba,Isolo,Amuwo-odofin, Ikorodu all with Obas and Baales recognized by the State govt with a Yoruba Governor, with Yoruba house of Assembly members that take plenary every Thursday in Yoruba language, Yoruba Civil servants and you still ask stupid questions like is Lagos Yoruba Land? I wonder what those places mean in Igbo language.

Dumb ass idiot!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by omoiyamayor(m): 11:35pm On Oct 26, 2017
So we must go buy weapon and fighting now on this civilised world?cone on bro
Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by Opakangallant: 11:37pm On Oct 26, 2017
bakynes:

You hear Places like Mushin,Ipaja,Agege,Ogba,Isolo,Amuwo-odofin, Ikorodu all with Obas and Baales recognized by the State govt with a Yoruba Governor, with Yoruba house of Assembly members that take plenary every Thursday in Yoruba language, Yoruba Civil servants and you still ask stupid questions like is Lagos Yoruba Land? I wonder what those places mean in Igbo language.

Dumb ass idiot!

Don't bother yourself with them.. it'll be an exercise in futility.

I am patiently waiting to see how a tribe from across the Niger with no access to sea or ocean will come all the way down to claim stake in an Odua state with coastal access.

None of them will live to tell the story if it comes to that. This I'm certain of.

6 Likes

Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by omoiyamayor(m): 11:40pm On Oct 26, 2017
Habakus:
lagos is a colonial given name like bombay now mumbai,Pretoria now tshwane or madras now chennai,dont get carried away buddy

2 Likes

Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by stanluiz(m): 11:44pm On Oct 26, 2017
Opakangallant:

Don't bother yourself with them.. it'll be an exercise in futility.

I am patiently waiting to see how a tribe from across the Niger with no access to sea or ocean will come all the way down to claim stake in an Odua state with coastal access.

None of them will live to tell the story if it comes to that. This I'm certain of.
The onne and onitsha port are also in Lagos ignorant dude.

2 Likes

Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by wale2day: 12:10am On Oct 27, 2017
Michael004:
Read this and know the truth.

source please, u can see a source in my earlier quote.
Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by nku5: 12:47am On Oct 27, 2017
Silly, shallow, bigoted post.

Afonja, a traitor of yoruba extraction entered into a collabo with fulanis and out of greed, unwittingly exposed his ranks to fulanis to help him seize Ilorin and betray his king and in-law. Same fulanis led by Alimi took advantage of his treachery and captured the place. Instead of working on excising the spirit of treachery and two faced tomfoolery you lot are drawing paranoid parallels with Igbo hustling spirit and avoiding the people who have succeeded in conquering and colonising a portion of yoruba soil.

5 Likes

Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by Michael004: 6:42am On Oct 27, 2017
wale2day:

source please, u can see a source in my earlier quote.
Here is another for you from another source. Believe the pigbo propaganda at your own peril.

1 Like

Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by abescom: 6:49am On Oct 27, 2017
DrGoodman:
Unfortunately for you, the caliph owns Lagos now and is spreading their tentacles to other south west states as we talk. When the biggest kingmaker in Lagos supported the north and you are here yarn in dust. An emir may be appointed to take over from Akiolu before 20 years.
It is you who is yarning dust.

What are you basing your pathetic assumptions on? Maybe on your hatred for hausas? If anyone will take over Lagos, it is the igbos who have refused to accept Lagos is a yoruba state.
Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 27, 2017
shallysgirl:
Which nonsense southern unity?
You hate Southern unity because you don't know its value to you.
Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by bakynes(m): 7:08am On Oct 27, 2017
abescom:
It is you who is yarning dust.

What are you basing your pathetic assumptions on? Maybe on your hatred for hausas? If anyone will take over Lagos, it is the igbos who have refused to accept Lagos is a yoruba state.
Why should we b worried about some Chest beaters called Igbos, people who only knew a place called Lagos after independence.
People who think because they bought a few lands and built houses they now own Lagos as if they are the only ones who buy land in their state of residence.

No matter how cosmopolitan Lagos is which is why it is the biggest State in Nigeria because we welcome everyone from all over the world to make Lagos their home (something the Igbos will never have foresight to do). It won't change the fact that it is Yoruba land.

5 Likes

Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by abescom: 7:10am On Oct 27, 2017
bakynes:

Why should we b worried about some Chest beaters called Igbos, people who only knew a place called Lagos after independence.
People who think because they bought a few lands and built houses they now own Lagos is if they are the only ones who buy land in their state of residence.

No matter how cosmopolitan Lagos is which is why it is the biggest State in Nigeria because we welcome everyone from all over the world to make Lagos their own. It won't change the fact it is Yoruba land.
I am with you and not against you. But whether we like it or not, the igbos are still a threat even though a fool, and I am sure the igbos, know Lagos is a yoruba land. They know but their delusion won't let them admit it.

1 Like

Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by wale2day: 7:13am On Oct 27, 2017
gf

4 Likes

Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by bakynes(m): 7:13am On Oct 27, 2017
abescom:
I am with you and not against you. But whether we like it or not, the igbos are still a threat even though a fool, and I am sure the igbos, know Lagos is a yoruba land. They know but their delusion won't let them admit it.
I know you with me but we have to be very wary to their wanting to take over Lagos. Especially our Political leaders who are trying to compensate them with positions because of their voting numbers. We must cut their wings to size in Lagos so they will know who owns this Land.

1 Like

Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by abescom: 7:15am On Oct 27, 2017
bakynes:

I know you with me but we have to be very wary to their wanting to take over Lagos. Especially our Political leaders who are trying to compensate them with positions because of their voting numbers. We must cut their wings to size in Lagos so they will know who owns this Land.
Exactly. The real issue is the polithievians who are selling our birth rights to the igbos.

1 Like

Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by manuelzz(m): 7:31am On Oct 27, 2017
bakynes:

Afonjas and Noise making.
When it starts now, y'all will file out from your dirty brown roofs with placards and start protesting. cheesy

Una no go shut up now! Why don't y'all mobilize your malnurished youths to go and take back illorin from the caliphs?

Shameless cowards! sad

6 Likes

Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by seunowa(f): 8:46am On Oct 27, 2017
nku5:
Silly, shallow, bigoted post.

Afonja, a traitor of yoruba extraction entered into a collabo with fulanis and out of greed, unwittingly exposed his ranks to fulanis to help him seize Ilorin and betray his king and in-law. Same fulanis led by Alimi took advantage of his treachery and captured the place. Instead of working on excising the spirit of treachery and two faced tomfoolery you lot are drawing paranoid parallels with Igbo hustling spirit and avoiding the people who have succeeded in conquering and colonising a portion of yoruba soil.

Uncle please tell us another story...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oronsaye Committee Report Will Break So Many People’s Heart / Abia State Government Condolence Letter To IPOB Over The Death Of Nnamdi KANU. / IPOB Should Think Twice (picture Attached)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.