Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,038 members, 7,821,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos (3142 Views)

Combating Insecurity In The Country: Lest We Forget – Presidency / "If Anything Happens To Dino Melaye" – Dogara Warns Police / FFK: If Anything Happens To Buhari, Osinbajo Will Take Over, Nothing Will Happen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by nku5: 9:16am On Oct 27, 2017
seunowa:

Uncle please tell us another story...
It is your history oga. Whose fault

1 Like

Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by Michael004: 9:33am On Oct 27, 2017
wale2day:

No credible source, i take it? So u are manufacturing ur own news.

It is called fake news.

Listen to the Oba of Lagos and take it from him that Lagos is not Yoruba land.
Okay, are you igbo if you are, since Lagos is no man's land as you say. Then advice your father to come to Lagos to contest for governorship or become oba of Lagos. That is simple. Since it is no man's land, nobody will arrest your father.

1 Like

Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by T9ksy(m): 10:38am On Oct 27, 2017
Michael004:
Okay, are you igbo if you are, since Lagos is no man's land as you say. Then advice your father to come to Lagos to contest for governorship or become oba of Lagos. That is simple. Since it is no man's land, nobody will arrest your father.

Of course not! They will just throw him inside the lagoon grin grin
Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by Habakus: 7:33pm On Oct 27, 2017
bakynes:

You hear Places like Mushin,Ipaja,Agege,Ogba,Isolo,Amuwo-odofin, Ikorodu all with Obas and Baales recognized by the State govt with a Yoruba Governor, with Yoruba house of Assembly members that take plenary every Thursday in Yoruba language, Yoruba Civil servants and you still ask stupid questions like is Lagos Yoruba Land? I wonder what those places mean in Igbo language.

Dumb ass idiot!
You listed all these places in Lagos bearing Yoruba names but conveniently ignored the places that have non-Yoruba names.
So it doesn't mean anything at all.
If you're to say the real owners of Lagos, Yorubas would come like a distant 3rd just like other ethnic groups that came to Lagos after it was established by the Benin and foreigners.
Yorubas from other states simply took the opportunity of proximity to Lagos and infiltrated the place.
These are verifiable facts on ground, if you want to search for it devoid of mischief that you're so prone to.
Lagos has indigenous Ijaws, Fulanis, Benins, Igbos and the rest of them who have been living there since Human inhabitation in Lagos. So what exactly makes Lagos solely Yoruba's?

By the way, you can insult and castigate all you want ( at most, I'll click the report button and report your unlearned insolent as.s) , but it won't change a thing about the status of Lagos. it won't stop busses conveying hundreds of people from all over the country to Lagos State every day. Neither would it prevent non-Yorubas from contesting elective positions in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by Habakus: 7:47pm On Oct 27, 2017
Michael004:
[s][/s]Pigbo ranter has started again. Call your father Mr umudike to jump over ondo, oyo and ogun to claim Lagos. Mumu with dumb reasoning. If I may ask you,
Was ondo part of oyo empire? No
Was ogun part of Oyo empire? No
Was ekiti part of oyo empire? No.
You can as well say those states are not Yoruba land na because they were not part of our empire.
Mumu. No Lagos is not no man's land, it is igbo land. Oh I forgot, so it is no longer bini land again. Confused tribe. Lagos is no man's land abi, then tell your father from Mr umudike from wawa ebonyi igbo to come and be the next oba of Lagos and your uncle to be the next governor since it is not bini land again. Confused descendants.
Your insecurity is self-inflicted. It is evident from your disjointed ramblings up there.
How is Lagos a Yoruba land, and you're up there pooing all over the place.
Even the mere fact that we're here debating this particular issue doesn't teach your coconut head a few lessons.
Let me see how far your coconut head has been blocked: How many traditional rulers of Lagos were actually from Lagos State?
Well, I know I just wasted my time with that question because you'd be incapable of such simple reasoning.
Whenever Lagos State is mentioned, parasites like you from Osun State and the rest of them will start foaming in the mouth and screaming 'Igbo'! everywhere.

1 Like

Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 27, 2017
NeuroBoss:
Over 200 years ago, the lush
green savannah grasses of the
stretch of land between
Ogbomosho and Jebba fed Yoruba herds. It was also a good
site for hunting expeditions and
that was from where Ilorin, a
then thriving and bustling
Yoruba town got its name, ''the
place where iron is sharpened''.
Alas, the Fulanis happened to it and it never remained the same!

True to type, these Fulanis, like the 21st Century Crusaders of ''No Man's Land'' Lagos, came draped in the pretentious garb of businessmen exploiting the
prosperity and ambience the
land offered. They gained
prominence and wealth. They bought lands and built houses and then they changed! They wanted more- dominance! The
patrimony, rulership and
suppression of the Yoruba
owners of Ilorin became their
obsession and they got it. They
deposed the Baale, the traditional head representing
the Alaafin and the interest of
the Oyo Empire and imposed an Emir, a representative of the
Caliph.

Once getting the dominance, they became demagogues. They lumped the over 70% of the Yoruba towns and villages with some Nupe and Fulani tribes and called it Kwara, the Hausa/Fulani name for the river Niger changing it from the ''Odo Oya'' that the Yorubas called it. They gave Ilorin and Kwara state a North-Central geopolitical bearing and despite the fact that everyone in Ilorin including the emir speaks Yoruba and answers a Yoruba name, they made it officially documented that ''Ilorin will neither be a Yoruba nor a Fulani town''.

If we would not stop being politically correct, if we would
fold our hands and watch some
strangers distort our history and steal our patrimony, if we
would not exert our rights and
responsibilities as custodians of the coveted space called Lagos now, another Ilorin will happen to it.
The next generation must come to meet this Eldorado, the
success story city still a Yorubaland with its language, traditions and institutions preserved and for this, more proactive measures like the YLL and other self-preserving legislations must be made lest these ''NOMANSLANDERS'' win.

It's too late Sir.
Lagos is the financial HQ of Africa.
Use ur head.

1 Like

Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by Habakus: 8:57pm On Oct 27, 2017
Michael004:
Didn't an Igbo contest in the last Lagos governorship election?
What are you guys even talking about?
About the kingship of Lagos state, is the traditional ruler of Kwara State a Yoruba man?
Lagos doesn't belong to any particular tribe no matter how you look at it.
What makes Lagos State a Yoruba land?
Can you answer that and also tell me what happens to all the indigenous Ijaws, Hausas, Benins etc that have been living in Lagos since time immemorial?

1 Like

Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by Michael004: 11:05pm On Oct 27, 2017
[s]
Habakus:

You listed all these places in Lagos bearing Yoruba names but conveniently ignored the places that have non-Yoruba names.
If you're to say the real owners of Lagos, Yorubas would come like a distant 3rd just like other ethnic groups that came to Lagos after it was established by the Benin and foreigners.
Yorubas from other states simply took the opportunity of proximity to Lagos and infiltrated the place.
These are verifiable facts on ground, if you want to search for it devoid of mischief that you're so prone to.
Lagos has indigenous Ijaws, Fulanis, Benins, Igbos and the rest of them who have been living there since Human inhabitation in Lagos. So what exactly makes Lagos solely Yoruba's?

By the way, you can insult and castigate all you want ( at most, I'll click the report button and report your unlearned insolent as.s) , but it won't change a thing about the status of Lagos. it won't stop busses conveying hundreds of people from all over the country to Lagos State every day. Neither would it prevent non-Yorubas from contesting elective positions in Lagos.
[/s]He mentioned places that are Yoruba and he ignores other. Then mention any place that ate igbo non Yoruba. Ohhh, it is Benin that establish Lagos again, Lagos is not no man's land again. Chai, God, I will always thank you for not creating me among these confused descendants that don't even know know what to say. They don't even understand themselves. Today, Lagos is Benin land but no benin people or their king has come out to atleast say a word about Lagos but they keep being the spokesperson. Tomorrow, Lagos is no man's land. Chai, lord, put confusion in the mist of my enemies just as these aliens are confused over Yoruba land.

1 Like

Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by Michael004: 11:17pm On Oct 27, 2017
Habakus:

Didn't an Igbo contest in the last Lagos governorship election?
What are you guys even talking about?
About the kingship of Lagos state, is the traditional ruler of Kwara State a Yoruba man?
Lagos doesn't belong to any particular tribe no matter how you look at it.
What makes Lagos State a Yoruba land?
Can you answer that and also tell me what happens to all the indigenous Ijaws, Hausas, Benins etc that have been living in Lagos since time immemorial?
Why should I argue with you. God has already put confusion in you people from time immemorial. One of you above said it is Benin land, you too said it does not belong to anybody. We have heard you. It is bini land today, no man's land tomorrow. May the confusion continues among you. Indigenous ijaw, bini, Hausa in Lagos hehehehehe. This guy want to kill me with laughter o. My belle. Hehehehehe, an igbo man contested for governorship in Lagos in the last election hehehehehe. Pls can you give me his name and his party hehehehehe. My belle. Thanks for the comedy anyway. Indigenous ijaw, igbo Benin n Hausa in Lagos hehehehehe.

1 Like

Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by Michael004: 11:21pm On Oct 27, 2017
Habakus:

Your insecurity is self-inflicted. It is evident from your disjointed ramblings up there.
How is Lagos a Yoruba land, and you're up there pooing all over the place.
Even the mere fact that we're here debating this particular issue doesn't teach your coconut head a few lessons.
Let me see how far your coconut head has been blocked: How many traditional rulers of Lagos were actually from Lagos State?
Well, I know I just wasted my time with that question because you'd be incapable of such simple reasoning.
Whenever Lagos State is mentioned, parasites like you from Osun State and the rest of them will start foaming in the mouth and screaming 'Igbo'! everywhere.
No Jere, they are not from Lagos, they are from wawa igbo from ebonyi. Indigenous igbo, Ijaw, Hausa and bini in Lagos. Wait, is there not indigenous ebira, Ghana, gabon and Egypt in Lagos hehehehehe.

1 Like

Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by bakynes(m): 11:24pm On Oct 27, 2017
Habakus:

Fool better go learn about your history well, the better place of Lagos State today was carved out from the Old Western region with the Colony of Lagos to form Lagos state.

I don't need telling fools like you about the history of Lagos because you have locked up your mind to discredit Yorubas.

But am going to anyway, that place called Lagos was first inhabited by Aworis from Ife, they had problem with Dahomey warriors raiding them so they seeked for the help of the Oba of Benin who ruled a great Empire then and he accepted and sent warriors to help them, the Aworis asked them to stay and rule over them, that was how they named Lagos " Eko " and after three generations, when the king didn't bear a son, a native married his daughter and that was how the Kingship got back to Aworis.

No matter what you say or the Jealousy you feel it wouldn't still change the fact Lagos is Yoruba land.

1 Like

Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by kn23h(m): 11:53pm On Oct 27, 2017
I hope neutral yorubas in lagos are paying attention to the land grabbing cheesy

5 Likes

Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by BakireBulmaker: 12:48am On Oct 28, 2017
wale2day:
Is Lagos really Yoruba land?

Let us see wat the Oba of Lagos has to say about that.

https://www.naij.com/1102404-oba-akiolu-reportedly-lagos-belong-yorubas.html#1102404

Your fellow looonatic flatiyeasterner made that up.

Falsehood of the highest order!

1 Like

Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by Drogbs: 1:07am On Oct 28, 2017
Lagos was and will still be a No Man's Land... This was established long time ago... the status quo is fast changing and it won't be long before legislative decisions are made and even vetoed by a majority non-yoruba house, every tribe has a collective stake in Lagos, and if any party wants to use the indigenous scheme to edge it over the rest... Then they will have to fight a war for that, till then every other contrary opinion is just noise.

4 Likes

Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by bakynes(m): 5:50am On Oct 28, 2017
Drogbs:
Lagos was and will still be a No Man's Land... This was established long time ago... the status quo is fast changing and it won't be long before legislative decisions are made and even vetoed by a majority non-yoruba house, every tribe has a collective stake in Lagos, and if any party wants to use the indigenous scheme to edge it over the rest... Then they will have to fight a war for that, till then every other contrary opinion is just noise.
We are still Nigerians aren't we? So every Nigerian has a stake in every state of the Federation, I also have a stake in Enugu as a Nigerian.

I know one day,Nigeria will split up when that time comes we await the War you want to bring to Lagos to snatch it from the Aworis and my people Ijebu.

2 Likes

Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by Michael004: 8:01am On Oct 28, 2017
[s]
Drogbs:
[/s]Go to Lagos State house house of assembly and say this trash. Not here on nairaland. Beside, Lagos is already a Yoruba land from the first creation, there is nothing you can do to that. You can keep shouting your normal no man's land or bini land in your mind. If you think we will have to fight a war, then let the war start from you, I will advise you to start by pulling down all the Yoruba legends statues erected in Lagos and also start changing all the street named after grateful Yoruba people. Your lineage come to our land only to hustle for survival. Face your hustling. Cry from now till thy kingdom comes. The owners (yorubas) of Lagos have taken over. You can visit lagoon if you feel pained. Eko o ni baje o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by Michael004: 8:03am On Oct 28, 2017
bakynes:

We are still Nigerians aren't we? So every Nigerian has a stake in every state of the Federation, I also have a stake in Enugu as a Nigerian.

I know one day,Nigeria will split up when that time comes we await the War you want to bring to Lagos to snatch it from the Aworis and my people Ijebu.
I have given him advice how to start the war. I have advised him to go the Lagos state house of assembly to say the poo again. Not here on nairaland.
Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by Drogbs: 8:05am On Oct 28, 2017
Michael004:
[s][/s]Go to Lagos State house house of assembly and say this trash. Not here on nairaland. Beside, Lagos is already a Yoruba land from the first creation, there is nothing you can do to that. You can keep shouting your normal no man's land or bini land in your mind. If you think we will have to fight a war, then let the war start from you, I will advise you to start by pulling down all the Yoruba legends statues erected in Lagos and also start changing all the street named after grateful Yoruba people. Your lineage come to our land only to hustle for survival. Face your hustling. Cry from now till thy kingdom comes. The owners (yorubas) of Lagos have taken over. You can visit lagoon if you feel pained. Eko o ni baje o.
Meet me at any part of Lagos right now and say all these to my face, pm me your location.
Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by Michael004: 8:25am On Oct 28, 2017
Drogbs:

Meet me at any part of Lagos right now and say all these to my face, pm me your location.
Meaning your parents have already prepared your final resting place. Go to state house I said, not here on nairaland. You know where awolowo statue was erected. Go and pull it down if you know your father born you well. I am presently on site work outside Lagos, I would have loved to locate you so that you can show that your power. If you are pained, drop your galla cartons and jump into the lagoon. I live at ikoyi, around falomo round about, very close to marble house.

1 Like

Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by Drogbs: 8:28am On Oct 28, 2017
Michael004:
Meaning your parents have already prepared your final resting place. Go to state house I said, not here on nairaland. You know where awolowo statue was erected. Go and pull it down if you know your father born you well. I am presently on site work outside Lagos, I would have loved to locate you so that you can show that your power. If you are pained, drop your galla cartons and jump into the lagoon.
LOL you talk TOO much, don't you stay in Lagos again? Abi na for one autonomous community for osogbo you dey manage life come dey vent over No Man's Land matter, I don't believe in noisemaking, submit your location make we jam... I dey lasgidi now.
Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by Justiceleague1: 8:49am On Oct 28, 2017
DrGoodman:
Unfortunately for you, the caliph owns Lagos now and is spreading their tentacles to other south west states as we talk. When the biggest kingmaker in Lagos supported the north and you are here yarn in dust. An emir may be appointed to take over from Akiolu before 20 years.

Like EMIR OF LAGOS.AND SUB EMIRS OF OBALENDE,EMIR OF IKEJA,EMIR OF OSHOGBO,EMIR OF OGBOMOSHO..EMIR OF IKOTUN EGBE...EMIR OF MILE 2 EMIR OF IJESHA....EMIR OF YABA....EMIR OF ONIPANU grin grin grin grin

WHAT A ZOO

1 Like

Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by Michael004: 8:56am On Oct 28, 2017
Drogbs:

LOL you talk TOO much, don't you stay in Lagos again? Abi na for one autonomous community for osogbo you dey manage life come dey vent over No Man's Land matter, I don't believe in noisemaking, submit your location make we jam... I dey lasgidi now.
Lol, I have told you, I live in ikoyi, very close to falomo. Not far from marble house. Come there, I will be around by Friday. Come, let meet on Saturday. Come n showcase your keyboard power.
Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by megbu: 12:03pm On Oct 28, 2017
Opakangallant:

Don't bother yourself with them.. it'll be an exercise in futility.

I am patiently waiting to see how a tribe from across the Niger with no access to sea or ocean will come all the way down to claim stake in an Odua state with coastal access.

None of them will live to tell the story if it comes to that. This I'm certain of.
The fact that they cause you to sweat over it is enough.
Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by Habakus: 1:57pm On Oct 28, 2017
bakynes:

Fool better go learn about your history well, the better place of Lagos State today was carved out from the Old Western region with the Colony of Lagos to form Lagos state.

I don't need telling fools like you about the history of Lagos because you have locked up your mind to discredit Yorubas.

But am going to anyway, that place called Lagos was first inhabited by Aworis from Ife, they had problem with Dahomey warriors raiding them so they seeked for the help of the Oba of Benin who ruled a great Empire then and he accepted and sent warriors to help them, the Aworis asked them to stay and rule over them, that was how they named Lagos " Eko "
and after three generations, when the king didn't bear a son, a native married his daughter and that was how the Kingship got back to Aworis.

No matter what you say or the Jealousy you feel it wouldn't still change the fact Lagos is Yoruba land.
Does this your jaundiced narrative in anyway tally with what Oba Akiolu said here?
http://dailypost.ng/2017/05/03/lagos-not-belong-yorubas-oba-akiolu/
Like I told another Osun dumbo, you've so distorted and manipulated your history that to differentiate between your usual hallucinations and your Osun lies is now a problem.
If you can just for once, do an independent research about other ethnic groups who have been in Lagos long before you folks started infiltrating it, the once you assimilated as Yoruba just because of politics, the Ijaws, the Eguns, the Benins etc, you'd be forced to use that thing you call a head and reason.
Even right now as I type this, I can imagine the number of buses from different parts of the country making their way to the No-man's - land, and the number of individuals from different parts of the country planning to contest in the next governorship election of Lagos State.
And guess what? You as an Osun parasite can never do poo about it.

1 Like

Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by Drogbs: 5:38pm On Oct 28, 2017
Michael004:
Lol, I have told you, I live in ikoyi, very close to falomo. Not far from marble house. Come there, I will be around by Friday. Come, let meet on Saturday. Come n showcase your keyboard power.
What time?? I dey free today
Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by vengertime: 6:07pm On Oct 28, 2017
NeuroBoss:
Over 200 years ago, the lush
green savannah grasses of the
stretch of land between
Ogbomosho and Jebba fed Yoruba herds. It was also a good
site for hunting expeditions and
that was from where Ilorin, a
then thriving and bustling
Yoruba town got its name, ''the
place where iron is sharpened''.
Alas, the Fulanis happened to it and it never remained the same!

True to type, these Fulanis, like the 21st Century Crusaders of ''No Man's Land'' Lagos, came draped in the pretentious garb of businessmen exploiting the
prosperity and ambience the
land offered. They gained
prominence and wealth. They bought lands and built houses and then they changed! They wanted more- dominance! The
patrimony, rulership and
suppression of the Yoruba
owners of Ilorin became their
obsession and they got it. They
deposed the Baale, the traditional head representing
the Alaafin and the interest of
the Oyo Empire and imposed an Emir, a representative of the
Caliph.

Once getting the dominance, they became demagogues. They lumped the over 70% of the Yoruba towns and villages with some Nupe and Fulani tribes and called it Kwara, the Hausa/Fulani name for the river Niger changing it from the ''Odo Oya'' that the Yorubas called it. They gave Ilorin and Kwara state a North-Central geopolitical bearing and despite the fact that everyone in Ilorin including the emir speaks Yoruba and answers a Yoruba name, they made it officially documented that ''Ilorin will neither be a Yoruba nor a Fulani town''.

If we would not stop being politically correct, if we would
fold our hands and watch some
strangers distort our history and steal our patrimony, if we
would not exert our rights and
responsibilities as custodians of the coveted space called Lagos now, another Ilorin will happen to it.
The next generation must come to meet this Eldorado, the
success story city still a Yorubaland with its language, traditions and institutions preserved and for this, more proactive measures like the YLL and other self-preserving legislations must be made lest these ''NOMANSLANDERS'' win.
the rich Yorubas don't complain, it's the poor church rats like you that complain.

Re: ...Lest Another Ilorin Happens To Lagos by Ochinex(m): 8:24am On Oct 29, 2017
Opakangallant:

Don't bother yourself with them.. it'll be an exercise in futility.

I am patiently waiting to see how a tribe from across the Niger with no access to sea or ocean will come all the way down to claim stake in an Odua state with coastal access.

None of them will live to tell the story if it comes to that. This I'm certain of.

Keep beating your hairy chest, you hear? when eh sup hope say na you go first carry gun abi? Ode

(1) (2) (Reply)

No More Nigerians Immigration In USA, Trump Declared / Oronsaye Committee Report Will Break So Many People’s Heart / Abia State Government Condolence Letter To IPOB Over The Death Of Nnamdi KANU.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.