Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

Why I Rejected Anti-corruption Panel Job – Justice Salami - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Rejected Anti-corruption Panel Job – Justice Salami (16033 Views)

Magu’s Investigation: Discordant Tunes Over Style Of Justice Salami’s Panel / Nigeria Heading For Doom If It Fails To Address Lack Of Integrity–Justice Salami / Buhari's Anti-corruption Panel Lambasts Presidency, Judiciary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Rejected Anti-corruption Panel Job – Justice Salami by Limitednow: 6:10am On Oct 27, 2017
A former President of the Court of Appeal, Justice Ayo Salami (retd.), on Thursday said he rejected the appointment as the Chairman of the Anti-Corruption Cases Trial Monitoring Committee set up by the National Judicial Council because it was not in his interest as he does not need it.

He denied a report in a national newspaper that had earlier reported on Thursday that Salami rejected the appointment because of some persons included as members of the committee.

But in an interview with Punch Newspaper, Salami stated his reason and hinted that he had sent a formal letter to the appropriate authorities to that effect.

He said the NJC and the courts abandoned him during his trying time while making a veiled reference to the former President Goodluck Jonathan administration’s refusal to reinstate him as the President of the Court of Appeal despite NJC ’s recommendation that he should be returned to office.

“I rejected the appointment because it is not in my interest”, he reportedly said.

When pressed further to elaborate on ‘not being in his interest’ he said, “It is because I don’ t need it”.

When told that it was reported that his rejection of the appointment was because of some persons appointed to work with him as members of the committee, Salami said “It is not; I don’ t just feel like doing it. it is not because of anybody.”

When reminded that the judiciary needs his help to remove the obstacles hindering successful prosecution of high profile corruption cases, Salami queried, “Where was the judiciary when they were harassing me? Where was the court when they were harassing me?”

The CJN had on September 18 announced sweeping reforms to fight corruption on the bench and to better position the judiciary to fairly and expeditiously determine corruption and financial crime cases.

One of such mechanisms , Justice Onnoghen had said , would be the creation of Anti -Corruption Cases Trial Monitoring Committee to monitor and enforce the new policies.

One of such new policies announced by CJN was the designation of special courts for corruption and financial crimes.

The CJN also directed all heads of courts to compile and forward to the NJC lists of all corruption and financial crime cases being handled by their various court.

He added that heads of various courts, including the Supreme Court had also been directed to “clamp down” on both prosecuting and defence lawyers, who tried to stall criminal cases.

The CJN also directed heads of court to report such cases to the NJC, which would , in turn, report it to the Legal Practitioners ’ Privileges Committee , in the case of senior advocates ; and to the Legal Practitioners’ Disciplinary Committee in the case of other legal practitioners.

He was worried about concerns expressed by members of the public on the very slow speed corruption cases in particular were being heard or determined by courts.

The monitoring committee to be set up by the NJC is expected to monitor the new policies.

The CJN had said , “In this regard , we have just directed heads of court to clamp down on both prosecuting and defence counsel who indulge in the unethical practice of deploying delay tactics to stall criminal trials.”

http://www.socialtimesng.net/2017/10/rejected-anti-corruption-panel-job-justice-salami/

lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Anti-corruption Panel Job – Justice Salami by Firefire(m): 6:12am On Oct 27, 2017
People with their small remaining integrity are avoiding to be part of this monumentally failed 'goberment that stinks with kworuption'.

Sai Barber!

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why I Rejected Anti-corruption Panel Job – Justice Salami by Limitednow: 6:13am On Oct 27, 2017
grin

2 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Anti-corruption Panel Job – Justice Salami by prospero5(m): 6:15am On Oct 27, 2017
in Aisha's voice:

"was it in your personal interest?"

3 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Anti-corruption Panel Job – Justice Salami by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:16am On Oct 27, 2017
Nobody wants to come in contact with "Colossal, Monumental and Established Failure anymore..

O pari oooooh grin grin grin grin

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Rejected Anti-corruption Panel Job – Justice Salami by Firefire(m): 6:17am On Oct 27, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
Nobody wants to come in contact with "Colossal, Monumental and Established Failure anymore..

O pari oooooh grin grin grin grin

O pa ri po ron go do, o pa ri patapata.

cheesy

Sai Barber!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Rejected Anti-corruption Panel Job – Justice Salami by princeade86(m): 6:17am On Oct 27, 2017
just say u fear for ur life.
Re: Why I Rejected Anti-corruption Panel Job – Justice Salami by oz4real83(m): 6:20am On Oct 27, 2017
The man is scared. He doesn't want any hidden skeleton to be exposed if he should be on the fore front of the fight against corruption. It is better to work in not too obvious environment when u have hidden skeletons! We all thought fashola was a ''saint'' until he accepted to be a federal minister. That was when we realised that fashola could do a borehole of less than N10million for almost N200million!!!

7 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Anti-corruption Panel Job – Justice Salami by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:22am On Oct 27, 2017
Firefire:

O pa ri po ron go do, o pa ri patapata.

cheesy

Sai Barber!
O pa ri patapata padi mi grin grin grin grin

Buhari till 3022

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Rejected Anti-corruption Panel Job – Justice Salami by magoo10(m): 6:23am On Oct 27, 2017
Buhari anticorruption fight is garnished with propaganda,lies and deceit
No sane mind will like to get involve.

The dullard is a joke

7 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Anti-corruption Panel Job – Justice Salami by Firefire(m): 6:31am On Oct 27, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
O pa ri patapata padi mi grin grin grin grin

Buhari till 3022

Buhary till his last breath.

10 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Anti-corruption Panel Job – Justice Salami by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:33am On Oct 27, 2017
Firefire:

Buhary till his last breath.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Anti-corruption Panel Job – Justice Salami by omokab: 6:40am On Oct 27, 2017
It is surprise and disturbing that most of youth are lazy and can't even read and comprehend with what they are reading. Hate is all what they know. Salami rejected the offer base on past experience he had with cjn and judges of court when he was passing a difficult period during jonathan era not because of present administration. Cjn and court refuse to support him when jonathan government was maltreating him.

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Rejected Anti-corruption Panel Job – Justice Salami by krasican(m): 6:47am On Oct 27, 2017
He said the NJC and the courts abandoned him during his trying time while making a veiled reference to the former President Goodluck Jonathan administration’s refusal to reinstate him as the President of the Court of Appeal despite NJC ’s recommendation that he should be returned to office.He said the NJC and the courts abandoned him during his trying time while making a veiled reference to the former President Goodluck Jonathan administration’s refusal to reinstate him as the President of the Court of Appeal despite NJC ’s recommendation that he should be returned to office.He said the NJC and the courts abandoned him during his trying time while making a veiled reference to the former President Goodluck Jonathan administration’s refusal to reinstate him as the President of the Court of Appeal despite NJC ’s recommendation that he should be returned to office.

17 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Anti-corruption Panel Job – Justice Salami by engineerboat(m): 6:59am On Oct 27, 2017
omokab:
It is surprise and disturbing that most of youth are lazy and can't even read and comprehend with what they are reading. Hate is all what they know. Salami rejected the offer base on past experience he had with cjn and judges of court when he was passing a difficult period during jonathan era not because of present administration. Cjn and court refuse to support him when jonathan government was maltreating him.

So Jonathan is still in charge

The CJN is thr one un charge now.

Grow up man

Do you also fail to realize that AFECE were his contractor then.

You forget the phone calls.

The truth of the matter is that Tinubu had instructed him not to join this failed government

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Rejected Anti-corruption Panel Job – Justice Salami by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:03am On Oct 27, 2017
Guy, we understand... If you had accepted it sef, u will just be brushing your teeth in the bathroom and then u will slip and hit your head on the sink and will die like that...

....that's how bad it is, of u know what I mean sha

1 Like

Re: Why I Rejected Anti-corruption Panel Job – Justice Salami by babyfaceafrica: 7:17am On Oct 27, 2017
He has a point.. The CJC and courts refused to help gik when he needed them....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Rejected Anti-corruption Panel Job – Justice Salami by babyfaceafrica: 7:18am On Oct 27, 2017
He has a point.. The CJC and courts refused to help him when he needed them....
Re: Why I Rejected Anti-corruption Panel Job – Justice Salami by Nobody: 7:21am On Oct 27, 2017
Salami should go and sleep. He worked behind the scene to bring this evil government to power now he is acting all sanctimonious.

Buhari will always be a disappointment though

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Rejected Anti-corruption Panel Job – Justice Salami by Paperwhite(m): 7:22am On Oct 27, 2017
This said,Salami you're corrupt.Now that the Buhari's cabal have clipped Tinubu's wing I guess their fear now is the beginning of wisdom.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Rejected Anti-corruption Panel Job – Justice Salami by Juliojoe: 7:25am On Oct 27, 2017
This man must have been practising 48 laws of power grin. Failure is a communicable disease

3 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Anti-corruption Panel Job – Justice Salami by oz4real83(m): 7:26am On Oct 27, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
He has a point.. The CJC and courts refused to help gik when he needed them....
why didn't he resign as a sign of protest against their actions?

4 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Anti-corruption Panel Job – Justice Salami by IamPatriotic(m): 7:29am On Oct 27, 2017
Jonathan got the hint that Salami being the president of the Appeal Court would notify his election in 2011, and in bid to stop the unthinkable, he was suspended from office based on unproven charges, Salami was a non compromising Judge.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Anti-corruption Panel Job – Justice Salami by Limitednow: 7:31am On Oct 27, 2017
Limitednow:

http://www.socialtimesng.net/2017/10/rejected-anti-corruption-panel-job-justice-salami/

Is he the only one nationwide that's capable of chairing that panel?

Don't we have other more capable hands.
Re: Why I Rejected Anti-corruption Panel Job – Justice Salami by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:02am On Oct 27, 2017
Where was the judiciary when they were harassing me? Where was the court when they were harassing me?”

I talk am! Anyways next time do what you can defend not what someone ask you to do.

6 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Anti-corruption Panel Job – Justice Salami by bkool7(m): 8:05am On Oct 27, 2017
Firefire:
People with their small remaining integrity are avoiding to be part of this monumentally failed 'goberment that stinks with kworuption'.

Sai Barber!

I see you lack the comprehension to read between the lines of the former Judge's statement.
Lemme help you.
He was actually indicting your hero, Gej.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Rejected Anti-corruption Panel Job – Justice Salami by bkool7(m): 8:08am On Oct 27, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
Salami should go and sleep. He worked behind the scene to bring this evil government to power now he is acting all sanctimonious.

Buhari will always be a disappointment though

Please can you substantiate this your malicious claim?

5 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Anti-corruption Panel Job – Justice Salami by VoltageDivida(m): 8:18am On Oct 27, 2017
You rejected a job when am seriously searching for one, you should just have linked me.

Btw,
Since my school has refused to mobilize me for service, I am looking for any job (preferably engineering or IT inclined) in either Port Harcourt, kaduna, Calabar or Abuja. Please help a brother overcome idleness by linking me up. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Anti-corruption Panel Job – Justice Salami by asawanathegreat(m): 8:18am On Oct 27, 2017
This is not enough reason uncle justice

2 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Anti-corruption Panel Job – Justice Salami by Firefire(m): 8:18am On Oct 27, 2017
bkool7:

I see you lack the comprehension to read between the lines of the former Judge's statement.
Lemme help you.
He was actually indicting your hero, Gej.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Anti-corruption Panel Job – Justice Salami by Onbelivable(m): 8:19am On Oct 27, 2017
ok
Re: Why I Rejected Anti-corruption Panel Job – Justice Salami by naijamafioso: 8:19am On Oct 27, 2017
I know a corrupt minded person will not do that.

contact my signature for free bitcoins

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari To Andy Uba: I’m anxious for your success / Ndume: 10 Senate Leaders Including Me Got Over N200million Each For Constituency / Kaduna Refinery To End Fuel Scarcity In The North In 2 Weeks- NNPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.