Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title (118365 Views)

Anthony Joshua Beats Otto Wallin: Deontay Wilder Outboxed By Joseph Parker(video / Anthony Joshua Beats Jermaine Franklin / Anthony Joshua Knocks Out Alexander Povetkin To Retain World Titles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by sunshineV(f): 5:22pm On Oct 27, 2017
Teken get fire ballz ooo
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by GREATESTPIANIST: 5:22pm On Oct 27, 2017
Carlos
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by Nobody: 5:23pm On Oct 27, 2017
smiley ... every Nigeria is rooting for Anthony Joshua of course... smiley
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by arrestdarrester: 5:24pm On Oct 27, 2017
With Joshua all the way on this one
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by HonabFaj(m): 5:25pm On Oct 27, 2017
On my Birthday
AJ for sure

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by BluntBoy(m): 5:27pm On Oct 27, 2017
Gracesofar:

U r ryt with ur points. But something tells me takam will come victorious in the match. The man has got experience, his ruthless, and his Boxing Brock lesnar. AJ might have the time advantage though considering the fact his been training for this match in forever. But the way I see it. Experience might overcome strength and endurance. My stake though. And apart the last of takam I saw made me understand aggressiveness really helps in boxing. Takam z ruthless,aggressive, his jabs and right hand has the weight advantage and holy good lord. Experience z something takam got again. My stake z on takam carlos

Somehow, I want Takam to win. I like AJ but I always find myself gunning for the underdog. I watched the weigh-in and you can just imagine how much fans AJ already has. Takam is the underdog. He would be booed tommorow but if he can win, he will get the respect of the world. I think he wants that. I am giving him a chance to cause an upset.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by sharpwriter(m): 5:30pm On Oct 27, 2017
This TAKAM sef no look like Boxer. He look like one Egbon Festus for Oshodi grin grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by petrick10(m): 5:32pm On Oct 27, 2017
enemyofprogress:
They are boat our childrens,so any of them can win the march,it doesn't matter who warned it

Guy abeg, watin u dey try relate

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by Bullhari007(m): 5:32pm On Oct 27, 2017
Joshua I pity this your handsome face...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by Rajosh(m): 5:34pm On Oct 27, 2017
What time is the fight and where can we watch it live?
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 27, 2017
The stronger black man will win.
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by jacyhelen(f): 5:36pm On Oct 27, 2017
Aldebaran:
[img]http:///a/img923/2039/Ky8Bne.jpg[/img]

[img]http:///a/img923/7492/iTtLE0.jpg[/img]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKegSoPblWY

Anthony Joshua and Carlos Takam fight in Cardiff this Saturday night in the British heavyweight's first bout since defeating Wladimir Klitschko in April.

The 28-year-old was primed to face Kubrat Pulev, but the Bulgarian pulled out of the clash with a shoulder injury.

A packed out Principality Stadium will be watching on as Joshua defends his IBF and WBA Super Heavyweight titles.

[img]http:///a/img923/5396/yBkp4b.jpg[/img]
Joshua boasts an unblemished professional record of 19 KO wins from 19 fights, including a memorable triumph over Wladimir Klitschko at Wembley in April. Both his IBF and WBA belts are expected to be on the line. 

In his 12 years as a professional boxer, Takam has suffered three defeats, with one draw and 35 victories. 
Standing at 6ft 1in tall, the heavy-handed slugger has the strength and physicality to test Joshua - in theory.  

Lalasticlala

its BTS..Both team to score or 12[Any team win].
Lmoa.....My BF gambling slangs
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by Nobody: 5:36pm On Oct 27, 2017
Bullhari007:
Joshua I pity this your handsome face...

grin grin grin.

The Challenger is more experienced than Joshua, but that doesn't automatically mean he will win.

It will likely be a 50/50 fight.
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by jacyhelen(f): 5:37pm On Oct 27, 2017
its BTS..Both team to score or 12[Any team win].
Lmoa.....My BF gambling slangs

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 27, 2017
BluntBoy:

Somehow, I want Takam to win. I like AJ but I always find myself gunning for the underdog. I watched the weigh-in and you can just imagine how much fans AJ already has. Takam is the underdog. He would be booed tommorow but if he can win, he will get the respect of the world. I think he wants that. I am giving him a chance to cause an upset.

He can win and if he does, it won't be an upset.
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by Gracesofar(m): 5:43pm On Oct 27, 2017
BluntBoy:

Am team takam. I love it when people are ruthless and aggressive to acheive a goal. Aj still got lots of years ahead. Takam z almost 40 and obviously z wrestling career x almost over

As much as I like AJ. Takam z a better man and the bad guy. And truth z the bad guys always win.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by Bullhari007(m): 5:49pm On Oct 27, 2017
PrecisionFx:

grin grin grin.

The Challenger is more experienced than Joshua, but that doesn't automatically mean he will win.

It will likely be a 50/50 fight.
Joshua is going to use height and age advantage against him, but this guy look physical and powerful, he will be a hard knot to crack
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 27, 2017
cry tickets have been sold out for weeks. So annoying. The one time he's in Wales, and I can't get tickets cry

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by Pain(m): 5:52pm On Oct 27, 2017
NIGERIA VS CAMEROON

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by SuperSuave(m): 5:53pm On Oct 27, 2017
tosyne2much:
Joshua's height makes him have an edge over Carlos
Exactly. He can easily throw punches from afar without getting too close to his opponents reach. I see him winning this match maybe not with a K.O tho
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by tosyne2much(m): 5:55pm On Oct 27, 2017
SuperSuave:
Exactly. He can easily throw punches from afar without getting too close to his opponents reach. I see him winning this match maybe not with a K.O tho
Height is a very big advantage in boxing with.

BTW, I hear say na you chop that 1,500 tongue
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by SuperSuave(m): 5:58pm On Oct 27, 2017
tosyne2much:
Height is a very big advantage in boxing with.

BTW, I hear say na you chop that 1,500 tongue
baba, na me o, with the help of shinarlaura. I never expererit but she made it possible grin
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by titosantana(m): 5:58pm On Oct 27, 2017
tosyne2much:
Joshua's height makes him have an edge over Carlos
If you watch Tyson in his days you would probably know it's not by height. The bigger they are the more easier it was for him.

@Topic, I hope Joshua win, he's our blood.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by BluntBoy(m): 5:59pm On Oct 27, 2017
PrecisionFx:

He can win and if he does, it won't be an upset.

We are talking about odds, bro. AJ is a heavy favourite. A loss for him will be an upset.
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by InsanePsycho(m): 6:01pm On Oct 27, 2017
enemyofprogress:
They are boat our childrens,so any of them can win the march,it doesn't matter who warned it

No they are ship our children undecided
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by nerodenero: 6:03pm On Oct 27, 2017
The last time it was 4-0, 1-1 in football and that ended their Worldcup dreams. King Josh can't relinquish his throne yet, it is too early. The Camerounian will feel the PAIN of another defeat.
Pain:
NIGERIA VS CAMEROON

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by asawanathegreat(m): 6:04pm On Oct 27, 2017
Joshua will defeat him hands down, so I pray Amen
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by tosyne2much(m): 6:04pm On Oct 27, 2017
SuperSuave:
baba, na me o, with the help of shinarlaura. I never expererit but she made it possible grin
So, wetin go come happen now?
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by enemyofprogress: 6:04pm On Oct 27, 2017
InsanePsycho:

No they are ship our children undecided
leave me jo

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by Day11(m): 6:05pm On Oct 27, 2017
Even me can beat sekem angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by tosyne2much(m): 6:05pm On Oct 27, 2017
titosantana:

If you watch Tyson in his days you would probably know it's not by height. The bigger they are the more easier it was for him.

@Topic, I hope Joshua win, he's our blood.
I know but never despise the advantage of height too
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by TheShopKeeper(m): 6:06pm On Oct 27, 2017
...given the short notice for the called up of Carlos, this fight will be one-sided...i just hope it won't be like Tyson v Buster Douglas fight of the 1990s...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Japan: RIO 2016 Olympics 5 - 4 On 5th August 2016 / Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 / How To Fund Bet9ja Account Instantly Without Going To The Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.