Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,931 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title (118362 Views)

Anthony Joshua Beats Otto Wallin: Deontay Wilder Outboxed By Joseph Parker(video / Anthony Joshua Beats Jermaine Franklin / Anthony Joshua Knocks Out Alexander Povetkin To Retain World Titles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by handsomeyinka(m): 6:08pm On Oct 27, 2017
tesppidd:
dem go beat this takam ehn

He go beat takam turn am to sekem

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by neejay1986(m): 6:08pm On Oct 27, 2017
enemyofprogress:
They are boat our childrens,so any of them can win the march,it doesn't matter who warned it

Na real warned. Olod.o
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by prodiG(m): 6:09pm On Oct 27, 2017
I hope this fight doesn't affect Anthony Joshua.First he was slated to fight Klitscho,he retired.Then he was matched with Kubrat Pulev.After training to go against a taller fighter,Pulev pulled out and in came Carlos Takam meaning he has to change his training format due to the fighter being shorter and rangier.I don't know but these things count

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by SmellingAnus(m): 6:10pm On Oct 27, 2017
LuvU2:
Let d best win smiley
is this my darling hateu2 ?
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by enemyofprogress: 6:11pm On Oct 27, 2017
neejay1986:

Na real warned. Olod.o
leave me jo

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by tosyne2much(m): 6:12pm On Oct 27, 2017
Bullhari007:
Joshua is going to use height and age advantage against him, but this guy look physical and powerful, he will be a hard knot to crack
It's going to be a tough match considering the fact that Carlos looks physically powerful than Joshua
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by Bullhari007(m): 6:18pm On Oct 27, 2017
tosyne2much:
It's going to be a tough match considering the fact that Carlos looks physically powerful than Joshua
I believe AJ will scale through but its not going to be KO
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by Qyubee(m): 6:31pm On Oct 27, 2017
Gracesofar:

U r ryt with ur points. But something tells me takam will come victorious in the match. The man has got experience, his ruthless, and his Boxing Brock lesnar. AJ might have the time advantage though considering the fact his been training for this match in forever. But the way I see it. Experience might overcome strength and endurance. My stake though.
grin grin grin Nice breakdown, but boxing isnt like wrestling. Takam's good but not on AJ's level. AJ's going to be jabbing all through, he needs to watchout 4 takams left hook tho. AJ wins by K.O

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by Awoofawo(m): 6:46pm On Oct 27, 2017
Make Joshua just settle awon Iya for village and take all the agbo dem prepared for am baff for 12 mid-night.................nothing do am again.

That Small boy wey dare Iroko wan die simple...... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by butterflyl1on: 6:59pm On Oct 27, 2017
Takam will defeat Joshua. You can take that to the bank.

It's not about being a Nigerian. The stats sit in favour of Takam and so does aggression, skill and experience plus fight endurance.

This would be Joshuas worst nightmare in the flesh. Takam would make his fight with the russian look like a training fight. Expect Joshua to be bloodied.

If I was a betting man which I am not I would stake on Takam in a heart beat.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by SuperSuave(m): 6:59pm On Oct 27, 2017
tosyne2much:
So, wetin go come happen now?
The op has delivered. I'll share it with one other guy on the thread, he really deserve to win, he was awake probably all night while I was snoozing my alarm clock cos I was enjoying my sleep.grin grin
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by cho25bc(f): 7:01pm On Oct 27, 2017
Joshua all the way.

#Teamjoshua

Want to earn more this season in an easy way? Check my signature to join my whatsapp group
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by osuofia2(m): 7:01pm On Oct 27, 2017
Pls who no the time of the match
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by bkool7(m): 7:02pm On Oct 27, 2017
Gracesofar:

U r ryt with ur points. But something tells me takam will come victorious in the match. The man has got experience, his ruthless, and his Boxing Brock lesnar. AJ might have the time advantage though considering the fact his been training for this match in forever. But the way I see it. Experience might overcome strength and endurance. My stake though. And apart the last of takam I saw made me understand aggressiveness really helps in boxing. Takam z ruthless,aggressive, his jabs and right hand has the weight advantage and holy good lord. Experience z something takam got again. My stake z on takam carlos

Is the dude more experienced than Wladimir Klitschko that Joshua K O in April?y
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by tosyne2much(m): 7:18pm On Oct 27, 2017
SuperSuave:
The op has delivered. I'll share it with one other guy on the thread, he really deserve to win, he was awake probably all night while I was snoozing my alarm clock cos I was enjoying my sleep.grin grin
Abeg roger the guy something oooo make him nor swear for you ooo cheesy
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by azpekuliar: 7:26pm On Oct 27, 2017
TheShopKeeper:
...given the short notice for the called up of Carlos, this fight will be one-sided...i just hope it won't be like Tyson v Buster Douglas fight of the 1990s...

My thoughts exactly. One of the greatest upsets in Boxing history.. cheesy
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by SuperSuave(m): 7:30pm On Oct 27, 2017
tosyne2much:
Abeg roger the guy something oooo make him nor swear for you ooo cheesy
hahahaah grin na true talk baba
@Your dp, mo fo o!!! shocked gbogbo Nairaland daran! gbogbo Ilorin ti rogo grin
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 27, 2017
BluntBoy:

We are talking about odds, bro. AJ is a heavy favourite. A loss for him will be an upset.

Check their stats.
The guy has gone thru around 39 fight n lost 3 and won 36 n Joshua has 19 fights, He's experience more than Joshua.

He's also an African n he is well built.

From what I see the match up is balanced.
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 27, 2017
Bullhari007:
Joshua is going to use height and age advantage against him, but this guy look physical and powerful, he will be a hard knot to crack

Just like Clitcko used height advantage on AJ.
Same way Opponents used height advantage on Mike Tyson.....grin
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by tosyne2much(m): 7:34pm On Oct 27, 2017
SuperSuave:
hahahaah grin na true talk baba
@Your dp, mo fo o!!! shocked gbogbo Nairaland daran! gbogbo Ilorin ti rogo grin
Hahaha.. See you cheesy See as I just dey laugh cheesy
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 27, 2017
Nigeria vs Cameroon or is it United Kingdom vs France? The Cameroonian will beat Joshua.
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by wizod(m): 7:37pm On Oct 27, 2017
Plz by what time will it take off?
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by PSViewingCentre: 7:43pm On Oct 27, 2017
Takam's chances are ssssssssssssssllllllllllllllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmmmmmmmm!! cheesy shocked

He was stopped by Povetkin, who Joshua will definitely beat!!
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by PSViewingCentre: 7:44pm On Oct 27, 2017
c733d:
Nigeria vs Cameroon or is it United Kingdom vs France? The Cameroonian will beat Joshua.

Optimists. I love em!!
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by WiseFool2(m): 7:47pm On Oct 27, 2017
Gracesofar:
Carlos to me will be the man......... His got the experience and you can't teach that
Wladimir Klistko got the experience too, bro. You know how it went down.
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by masqot(m): 7:50pm On Oct 27, 2017
Somebody's brain will shake. Joshua! Go do dat thing for am
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by davillian(m): 8:06pm On Oct 27, 2017
AJ will KO him before round 7.
WBC champion deontay wilder waiting to beat he'll out of AJ grin grin grin
That's the fight I'm waiting for.

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by Dainikel(m): 8:12pm On Oct 27, 2017
Yea Takam has got experience & very aggressive but I see the 9gerian-Brit getting the job done here...20 wins in the wait
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by BluntBoy(m): 8:21pm On Oct 27, 2017
PSViewingCentre:
Takam's chances are ssssssssssssssllllllllllllllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmmmmmmmm!! cheesy shocked

He was stopped by Povetkin, who Joshua will definitely beat!!

Boxing doesn't work that way. Povetkin has his styles and the fact that he beat Takam does not mean Takam cannot beat AJ. If Takam brings something entirely frustrating for AJ, he will beat AJ. Every fight is different.

Fury beat Wladimir with ease while AJ struggled against Wladimir. This does not mean that Fury would beat AJ easily.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by Gracesofar(m): 8:24pm On Oct 27, 2017
WiseFool2:

Wladimir Klistko got the experience too, bro. You know how it went down.

True..... Let's see how the fight unveil
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title by tiwasiaife(m): 8:28pm On Oct 27, 2017
sammieguze:
The best player of course

you think say I no go don go play bet naija ontop if to say I know?

Bro I want bet that game.but don't really understand how and what they wrote there can u explain to me.pls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Japan: RIO 2016 Olympics 5 - 4 On 5th August 2016 / Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 / How To Fund Bet9ja Account Instantly Without Going To The Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.