Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

Please I Need Solution To This Problem - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Please I Need Solution To This Problem (1144 Views)

Pls Help! I Need Solution To This Problem With My PC / I Need Solution To Sudden Shut Down Of My Laptop / Please I Need Solution To Fix My Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Solution To This Problem by Donald3d(m): 8:56am On Oct 28, 2017
I have an Hp Compaq CQ60 215DX
I am quite familiar with software and hardware but this one pass me grin

The Problem :
When I boot it all the led indicators show ,but the screen remains off ,it doesnt turn on at all

What I have tried:
I have done the 60 seconds trick to remove flea power (residual power),holding down power button,sometimes it works ,sometimes it doesnt work.
I have disamantled and cleaned every internal corner of the laptop,to remove dust
I have checked contacts and cables
I have even removed some hardware ,since some hardware can cause this kind of issue ,for example CD ROM

SIDE NOTES :
I noticed when I do extreme power draining , that is removing battery and unplugging it for like 3 days ,it boots up just fine ,but I cant be waiting for 3 days all the time to work na ,I am a programmer ,work plenti wey i wan do grin
There is no more CMOS battery , i removed it since the battery died (i doubt this is the problem,but I may be wrong ,couldthis be the problem ?)
If the CMOS is the problem,how much does a new one cost ,not the battery alone ooo,with the cable attached to it (its three pin)
What other thing could be causing this ,please help !!!

If you can buy the laptop as well and fix it ,make I join money buy another one ,let me know

sotall
skydancer
Re: Please I Need Solution To This Problem by Donald3d(m): 9:17am On Oct 28, 2017
Kunleforreal how far na
Re: Please I Need Solution To This Problem by udemzyudex(m): 10:55am On Oct 28, 2017
It has nothing to do with cmos, I'm suspecting the controller.
Re: Please I Need Solution To This Problem by Donald3d(m): 11:00am On Oct 28, 2017
udemzyudex:
It has nothing to do with cmos, I'm suspecting the controller.
What Controller
Re: Please I Need Solution To This Problem by udemzyudex(m): 11:29am On Oct 28, 2017
Donald3d:

What Controller

It's on the motherboard, the super io chip.

I'm not really sure that's the problem but in some cases like this, the controller is always the one at fault.
Re: Please I Need Solution To This Problem by Donald3d(m): 11:59am On Oct 28, 2017
udemzyudex:

It's on the motherboard, the super io chip.

I'm not really sure that's the problem but in some cases like this, the controller is always the one at fault.
Have an idea how much it costs ?
Re: Please I Need Solution To This Problem by udemzyudex(m): 12:56pm On Oct 28, 2017
Donald3d:
Have an idea how much it costs ?
Naa..
Re: Please I Need Solution To This Problem by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 02, 2017
Donald3d:
I have an Hp Compaq CQ60 215DX
I am quite familiar with software and hardware but this one pass me grin

The Problem :
When I boot it all the led indicators show ,but the screen remains off ,it doesnt turn on at all

What I have tried:
I have done the 60 seconds trick to remove flea power (residual power),holding down power button,sometimes it works ,sometimes it doesnt work.
I have disamantled and cleaned every internal corner of the laptop,to remove dust
I have checked contacts and cables
I have even removed some hardware ,since some hardware can cause this kind of issue ,for example CD ROM

SIDE NOTES :
I noticed when I do extreme power draining , that is removing battery and unplugging it for like 3 days ,it boots up just fine ,but I cant be waiting for 3 days all the time to work na ,I am a programmer ,work plenti wey i wan do grin
There is no more CMOS battery , i removed it since the battery died (i doubt this is the problem,but I may be wrong ,couldthis be the problem ?)
If the CMOS is the problem,how much does a new one cost ,not the battery alone ooo,with the cable attached to it (its three pin)
What other thing could be causing this ,please help !!!

If you can buy the laptop as well and fix it ,make I join money buy another one ,let me know

sotall
skydancer

try these steps

1, firstly remove the power chord from the slot, then remove the battery and replace both back immediately. with the power plug connected to power source, try to reboot your system
see if it comes on.

2, if solution 1 does not work, that means the BIOS battery needs replacing (the BIOS battery is the small wrist watch like battery that is installed inside the computer)
if it becomes weak the computer will not come on.
try replacing this and come and thank me later (that's if your monitor is not damaged o)

(1) (Reply)

Freezing Keyboard And Trackpad. / Please I Need Your Advice For A New Laptop / Hey Spectranet Users. Here's A Chrome Extension For You Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.