Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,087 members, 7,818,263 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Nigerian Man Kidnaps Himself To Avoid Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Man Kidnaps Himself To Avoid Marriage (4403 Views)

Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable / Nigerian Man Married To 57 Women,150 Grandchildren (Photo) / A Nigerian Man Got Married To His Indian Girlfriend ( Pix Galleries) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Kidnaps Himself To Avoid Marriage by AloyEmeka5: 8:07pm On Mar 16, 2010
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
[size=14pt]Man 'kidnaps' self to avoid marriage[/size]

Francis Falola, Minna

The Niger State Police Command has arrested a 29-year-old man, Yahaya Haruna, for kidnapping himself.

Haruna after kidnapping himself raised the alarm and notified his uncle who in turn reported the matter to the police.

The suspect, who was paraded by the police at the police headquarters in Minna, on Monday, while speaking in an interview with our correspondent disclosed that he decided to kidnap himself and raise the false alarm to avoid his marriage to one Afusat,

He said, "I worked in Abia State and I came to Kontagora to cement in marriage my relationship with Afusat. But as soon as I arrived I got news from somebody close to her concerning her waywardness and that she had committed abortion thrice.

"I became bitter and was seriously looking for a means to break the relationship and being fully aware that it could be difficult since it was just a few days to the wedding, I concluded that the only thing for me to do is to go into hiding and raise the false alarm."

The suspect disclosed that he paid a lady N1, 000 to assist by phoning his uncle in raising the alarm, adding that immediately he sighted his uncle after two days at the hotel premises, he hid himself inside the ceiling.

The command's Public Relations Officer, Mr. Richard Oguche, while speaking on the issue disclosed that the police collaborated with a service provider in nabbing the suspect.

He said, "The suspect immediately he was discovered from the ceiling lied that his kidnappers were inside the ceiling, but the police combed the place and did not find any body. So he had no choice than to later explain the motive behind his action."

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/mar/16/800.html
Re: Nigerian Man Kidnaps Himself To Avoid Marriage by Pittbaby(f): 9:36pm On Mar 16, 2010
lol,
Re: Nigerian Man Kidnaps Himself To Avoid Marriage by benincitys(f): 11:06pm On Mar 16, 2010
what a fool ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Kidnaps Himself To Avoid Marriage by mamagee3(f): 12:14am On Mar 17, 2010
benincitys:

what a fool ?
You can definitely say that again. grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Man Kidnaps Himself To Avoid Marriage by OgidiBoy(m): 12:20am On Mar 17, 2010
I have a feeling Haruna is a fulani boy. His scared of getting whooped across the chest in the wedding ceremony, which is Fulani culture.
Re: Nigerian Man Kidnaps Himself To Avoid Marriage by Spyker: 10:30am On Mar 17, 2010
OgidiBoy:

I have a feeling Haruna is a fulani boy. His scared of getting whooped across the chest in the wedding ceremony, which is Fulani culture.
May be.
He is also a big fool for running away and lieing. What stops him from divorcing her after marriage or better still call off the wedding. Is he not a Muslim that is entitled to four wives?
Re: Nigerian Man Kidnaps Himself To Avoid Marriage by yemmight(m): 12:50pm On Mar 17, 2010
Is this a joke or something?
Re: Nigerian Man Kidnaps Himself To Avoid Marriage by demla: 12:52pm On Mar 17, 2010
this guy must be a friend to muttallab
Re: Nigerian Man Kidnaps Himself To Avoid Marriage by gidson12(m): 12:54pm On Mar 17, 2010
I couldn't help laughing out, very funny
Re: Nigerian Man Kidnaps Himself To Avoid Marriage by Bishopking: 1:03pm On Mar 17, 2010
best joke of the week! grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Man Kidnaps Himself To Avoid Marriage by Nobody: 1:03pm On Mar 17, 2010
poor fellow cheesy
Re: Nigerian Man Kidnaps Himself To Avoid Marriage by Nobody: 1:42pm On Mar 17, 2010
May God help us in this our dear country.
Re: Nigerian Man Kidnaps Himself To Avoid Marriage by DoubleN(m): 1:52pm On Mar 17, 2010
lol
Re: Nigerian Man Kidnaps Himself To Avoid Marriage by atilla(m): 2:09pm On Mar 17, 2010
Man Arrested for kidnapping himself shocked undecided

the guy no sharp o.
Re: Nigerian Man Kidnaps Himself To Avoid Marriage by aaidel(m): 2:11pm On Mar 17, 2010
clever by half but funny though he should open a consultancy from marriage to jail in one quick step

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Kidnaps Himself To Avoid Marriage by otokx(m): 2:14pm On Mar 17, 2010
very ridiculous
Re: Nigerian Man Kidnaps Himself To Avoid Marriage by madlady(f): 2:22pm On Mar 17, 2010
grin grin grin grin very funny story.
Re: Nigerian Man Kidnaps Himself To Avoid Marriage by chelseabmw(m): 2:30pm On Mar 17, 2010
lol! grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Man Kidnaps Himself To Avoid Marriage by atilla(m): 2:38pm On Mar 17, 2010
at least now he has a proper excuse not to get married to the lady
Re: Nigerian Man Kidnaps Himself To Avoid Marriage by akwaowoudo(m): 2:48pm On Mar 17, 2010
Madness within
Re: Nigerian Man Kidnaps Himself To Avoid Marriage by ThoniaSlim(f): 2:52pm On Mar 17, 2010
This was hilarious! grin
Re: Nigerian Man Kidnaps Himself To Avoid Marriage by Nobody: 2:52pm On Mar 17, 2010
atilla:

at least now he has a proper excuse not to get married to the lady

yeah! who wants to marry an ex-convict anyway?  cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Man Kidnaps Himself To Avoid Marriage by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 17, 2010
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Nigerian Man Kidnaps Himself To Avoid Marriage by dexterg(m): 4:25pm On Mar 17, 2010
Lol, dat guy is funny!
Re: Nigerian Man Kidnaps Himself To Avoid Marriage by soyad: 4:42pm On Mar 17, 2010
a yer
Re: Nigerian Man Kidnaps Himself To Avoid Marriage by AloyEmeka5: 9:04pm On Mar 17, 2010
His bride must really be disgusting to him otherwise why would he stay in the ceiling for days?
Re: Nigerian Man Kidnaps Himself To Avoid Marriage by spoilt(f): 11:51pm On Mar 17, 2010
He only faked a kidnap? grin
people have been known to fake their own death to avoid marriage. shocked
Re: Nigerian Man Kidnaps Himself To Avoid Marriage by na2day2(m): 12:03am On Mar 18, 2010
spoilt:

He only faked a kidnap? grin
people have been known to fake their own death to avoid marriage. shocked

abi ooo, make una free the guy, nothing do am grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Man Kidnaps Himself To Avoid Marriage by Nobody: 12:05am On Mar 18, 2010

The suspect, who was paraded by the police at the police headquarters in Minna, on Monday, while speaking in an interview with our correspondent disclosed that he decided to kidnap himself and raise the false alarm to avoid his marriage to one Afusat,

He said, "I worked in Abia State and I came to Kontagora to cement in marriage my relationship with Afusat. But as soon as I arrived I got news from somebody close to her concerning her waywardness and that she had committed abortion thrice.

"I became bitter and was seriously looking for a means to break the relationship and being fully aware that it could be difficult since it was just a few days to the wedding, I concluded that the only thing for me to do is to go into hiding and raise the false alarm."

*DEATH*

Sth eldee would do. . . . grin cheesy grin
Re: Nigerian Man Kidnaps Himself To Avoid Marriage by TOPE20001(f): 12:06am On Mar 18, 2010
FL Gators:

*DEATH*
Sth eldee would do. . . . grin cheesy grin

LMAO . . . .most guys on NL will do it grin cheesy
Re: Nigerian Man Kidnaps Himself To Avoid Marriage by na2day2(m): 12:07am On Mar 18, 2010
TOPE2000!:

LMAO . . . .most guys on NL will do it grin cheesy

hell yeah! especially with the kind of women on NL lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Man Kidnaps Himself To Avoid Marriage by TOPE20001(f): 12:09am On Mar 18, 2010
na2day?:

hell yeah! especially with the kind of women on NL  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

usless men . . . always running from their responsibilities cheesy
like it or not, u cant live without us tongue grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Significance Of Women’s Day – Why Is Women’s Day Relevant? / Should I Keep My Secret??? / No Privacy In My Own House (2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.