Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,196 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Is John Mikel Obi Superb Or Simply Overrated? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is John Mikel Obi Superb Or Simply Overrated? (5806 Views)

Throwback Photo Of John Mikel Obi / Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans / Is John Mikel Obi Greedy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is John Mikel Obi Superb Or Simply Overrated? by jamalzox: 7:25pm On Mar 17, 2010

Re: Is John Mikel Obi Superb Or Simply Overrated? by kayc33(m): 8:55pm On Mar 17, 2010
Dude is so over fu@king rated!
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Superb Or Simply Overrated? by NnaNna4(m): 9:48pm On Mar 17, 2010
if john obi mikel had been groomed in man u

in his usual 10

o boy u thinks say u go sabi this guy again especially with d kind of counter and speed that man u style accomodates.
i think by now he would have been a scoring 10

Anyway for him to have been in chelsea this far means he is impressing som1, i think ancellotti finds him useful

I think he is ghood i like style of football

it is rare to footballer with style this days
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Superb Or Simply Overrated? by escobar(m): 10:23pm On Mar 17, 2010
Jon Mikel Obi is simply superb. No mincing of words A true Nigerian representing ,
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Superb Or Simply Overrated? by NosaHenry(m): 10:55pm On Mar 17, 2010
he is obviously not a play maker. A player that is so scared of holding on to football even for a second is certainly not a good player
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Superb Or Simply Overrated? by BlueMagic2(m): 11:21pm On Mar 17, 2010
Its funny that people, especially nigerians are just realising that the guy is overated. As for me the guy is a pathetic case for a footballer, imagin people sayin he will take over from okocha in our national team. Being a defensive midfielder or attackin midfielder is no big deal, players nowadays are so versatile e.g michael essien plays defensive midfield, attackin midfield & even as a defender if need be. So there isn't any excuse for mikel, or would he rather play as a striker. Meeen! that guy sucks! Lacks any kind of idea, creativity or cutting edge. If u want to know how pathetic mikel is, mikel's absence is never felt for both club & country. There's nothing the guy plays that my grand father wont be able to play. A big pity & liability that he is playin for my beloved chelsea. I wish some other club will come take him off our hands! angry
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Superb Or Simply Overrated? by bighead1(m): 12:46am On Mar 18, 2010
the loser is just simply overrated capiche
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Superb Or Simply Overrated? by 9japikin: 4:37am On Mar 18, 2010
to me he is overrated
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Superb Or Simply Overrated? by Templa(m): 5:28am On Mar 18, 2010
@poster and haters
U guys are assholes.
For all I care, mikel may not be computer literate to know that nairaland exists talkmore of ur existence. I mean the young chap has succeeded in carving a niche for himself on the football field and u sit ur assholes down typing on a 486 while ur bitch gat her ass open for u on the bed to score goals.
Piss off and go get urself a cyanide.
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Superb Or Simply Overrated? by Iyineda(m): 8:29am On Mar 18, 2010
I'm utterly dumbfounded by the harsh words and lack of support for youngster Mikel Obi. What did he do to you guys for him to get bashed this badly

Ever since 2005, I've seen Mikel as one of the better prospects for Nigerian football in the upcoming years. He is clinical in his way when it comes to passing (short[b] and[/b] long distances), albeit he must improve his tackling. A bit too rash at times. He also has concentration lapses but that will improve with time.

Anyway, haters must at least realize that if Mikel is being given a starting position - or at the very least a regular shirt - it's because he is a quality player. Mourinho and Abramovich actually invested in the Nigerian youngster amidst superstars such as Shevchencko, Ballack, Carvalho.

The only issue now is determining which role Mikel could excel better on the international level. Is he a defensive midfielder ala Makelele or is he the Xavi/Xavi Alonso type? I cannot wait to see where Lagerback plays him during the WC. smiley
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Superb Or Simply Overrated? by chelseabmw(m): 9:55am On Mar 18, 2010
mikel is simply the best
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Superb Or Simply Overrated? by teskyg: 11:02am On Mar 18, 2010
Pull him down syndrome, that is Nigeria slogan, Mikel is the best midfielder in Africa, take it or leave it.Have you ever asked yourself why the best coach in the world (Sir Alex and Jose) struggle to get him?

kindly take a look at the guys sitting on the bench because of Mikel,Makalele left,Ballack (a whole German Captain,Deco,)host of guys kept on the bench, for some one we feel is overated, playing regularly for one of the best teams in the world,playing among world class players like Terry,Lampard, Drogba and co,and you still think he is overrated, I am not a chelsea fan,but,oga, please spent some time watch their match and you will see if he is overrated or not,

How many Nigeria Players are playing in the UEFA Champions league?How many champions league has Okocha played?

We should learn to appreciate our own brothers, na wah for Naija oh.when Mikel was not playing regulary.naija press no allow us rest.headlines like,MIKEL SIT OUT OF CLASH,MIKEL FROZEN OUT ,MIKEL SAW RED, and alot of crap made headlines in our 30 naira sport paper,
Mikel has silent all of them, NOW Mikel outstanding,,,Mikel brilliant,,mikel , bla bla bla,

Yakubu want make Mikel carry the ball come put for touch line,before him score abi,
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Superb Or Simply Overrated? by chelseabmw(m): 11:32am On Mar 18, 2010
^
abeg tell them
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Superb Or Simply Overrated? by teeluv(m): 11:52am On Mar 18, 2010
mikel is a good player, has good potentials to become of the best holding midfielders in Africa but at the moment he is not. he won second best player in the same competition with messi and taye taiwo. but the thing is his grooming/move to chelsea was not a good idea. if he had gone to a club that would have nutured his skill and not necessarily man utd and then move to a club like man utd or chelsea he would almost be in the same category with the likes of makalele,mamodu diarra ballack, viera and roy keane.Alexander song of arsenal is gradually becoming a force to reckon with in cameroun and its a matter of time before he stamps his feet as a regular in cameroon., its the same mistake mr robinho made, wanted a high profile move went to madrid killed his career finally by going to chelsea now he is back in brazil and his game is getting better. and he mite even perform wonderfully in teh world cup. all in all mikel is a good player, but we also dont have to forget what the press is like but at home and abroad.once you dont play to their expectation then yure jst nt good enough, once you do then you are a god all of a sudden.
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Superb Or Simply Overrated? by adconline(m): 12:03pm On Mar 18, 2010
blame MAN U for elevating that guy to a level he will never attain in his career. I bet U that MAN U guys are happy they lost him to Chelsea cos he was not worth all the fights
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Superb Or Simply Overrated? by teskyg: 12:43pm On Mar 18, 2010
@ teeluv, Robinho has never played for Chelsea, It is Santos, R.Madrid, Man city, Santos.R.Madrid never killed his game.The root of Money is evil, Mikel is the best, hate it or live it,
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Superb Or Simply Overrated? by YD(m): 12:46pm On Mar 18, 2010
@topic

simply overrated.  angry
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Superb Or Simply Overrated? by splashbaby(m): 1:21pm On Mar 18, 2010
chelseabmw:

mikel is simply the best
Thank my brother. He is a player that can hold the ball very well, Good coaches with technical skills can make very good use of him. Unfortunately we never had one. He was never over rated, the problem is that we want him to be something else apart from who he he really is
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Superb Or Simply Overrated? by Arysexy(m): 1:42pm On Mar 18, 2010
Can u imagine Yakubu complaining of not being fed ball? how many of the accurate passes was he able to score in the last nations cup? The Orobo striker shuld go and work on his yarnsh and physique so he can be as flexible as a good striker and also improve on his speed like Obafemi Martins and stop complaining about midfielders.

Mikel is the best midfielder presently in nigeria and u guys cannot expect him to be holding the midfield and at the same time scoring while we have strikers like Yakubu waiting for a cheap goal!
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Superb Or Simply Overrated? by otukpo(f): 3:08pm On Mar 18, 2010
overrated.
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Superb Or Simply Overrated? by Kgdavid(m): 3:29pm On Mar 18, 2010
Mikel is not a special player. he is not a paticularly good tackler nor is he a particularly good dribbler nor is he a particularly good passer. he is just average really and to make matters worse very lazy. someone said mikel is the best midfielder in africa goodness! ghana's entire collection of midfielders are miles ahead of him. does he compare to anyone in ivory coast either? or even cameroun? hell no! talkless of the egyptians
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Superb Or Simply Overrated? by teeluv(m): 3:35pm On Mar 18, 2010
@ teskyg whoeva said he played in chelsea. kai.

e be like say mikel get some die hard fans. and e dey kollect him money dey go for chelsea dey go.
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Superb Or Simply Overrated? by DoubleN(m): 4:16pm On Mar 18, 2010
The Guy is an anti-footballer. tongue
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Superb Or Simply Overrated? by chidichris(m): 7:11pm On Mar 18, 2010
ambassadore : this is the name african/nigerian politicians call him because he is representing nigeria and africa at top flight football.
coolant : machanics call him coolant because he always get the ball out of the trouble waters and pass it to safe zones and thereby kooling the preasure.
pivolt : physics students call him pivolt because the game of chelsea rotates on him. he put up tackles, start the movements and distributes the ball to the appropriate quarters.
shield : the presence of mikel as a dm makes the job simple for the defence line.
over-rated, useless, sluggish etc : thase are names only wicked, anti progressive, greedy and envious nigerians call mikel

What we think doesn't really matter. The important thing is that the coaching staff at Chelsea thinks he is good enough to play for them.

the line on quote makes me feel really good as what we think does not matter.
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Superb Or Simply Overrated? by timmy7(m): 7:29pm On Mar 18, 2010
Typical chelsea fans will say he is very gud,best in africa shocked blah blah, am sure if Taye Taiwo is playing 4 chelsea,they'd say the same thing afterall they both belong to same era. He's an average and and lucky dude, I just hope he improve his game overtime
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Superb Or Simply Overrated? by waleski(m): 7:49pm On Mar 18, 2010
Kgdavid:

Mikel is not a special player. he is not a paticularly good tackler nor is he a particularly good dribbler nor is he a particularly good passer. he is just average really and to make matters worse very lazy. someone said mikel is the best midfielder in africa goodness! ghana's entire collection of midfielders are miles ahead of him. does he compare to anyone in ivory coast either? or even cameroun? hell no! talkless of the egyptians
god bless u i still say it the worst mistake mikel made was to go to chelsea.in terms of trouphies since he was there he has not won the league ,he has been converted to a defensive role which has not brought the best in him.4 God's sake this guy was second to messi as a young prodigy now he is not even mentioned xcept by chelsea fans dat guy na waste if the was playing his natural role in manu he wuld av florished under d guidance of fergie but look at him playing regularly cause essien is injured
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Superb Or Simply Overrated? by furacao(m): 10:07pm On Mar 18, 2010
Over rated.
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Superb Or Simply Overrated? by Kratos007(m): 10:14pm On Mar 18, 2010
chidichris:

ambassadore : this is the name african/nigerian politicians call him because he is representing nigeria and africa at top flight football.
coolant : machanics call him coolant because he always get the ball out of the trouble waters and pass it to safe zones and thereby kooling the preasure.
pivolt : physics students call him pivolt because the game of chelsea rotates on him. he put up tackles, start the movements and distributes the ball to the appropriate quarters.
shield : the presence of mikel as a dm makes the job simple for the defence line.
over-rated, useless, sluggish etc : thase are names only wicked, anti progressive, greedy and envious nigerians call mikel

the line on quote makes me feel really good as what we think does not matter.

deadwood: this is the name the real chelsea fans residing in london call this grossly overrated player.
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Superb Or Simply Overrated? by hatbreaker: 11:00pm On Mar 18, 2010
He's just a silly boy.In 2005 Mikel was on the same level as Messi.IN 2010 Messi is compared to Maradona and Mikel is just a big headed overated player who should be playing for a club where he would be trained to develop his skills and have a passion for scoring goals
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Superb Or Simply Overrated? by Martinium(m): 7:56am On Mar 19, 2010
Thnx 2 chidichris n freakabit n to all realistic analysts. Thnx to all d sentimentalists who cloud their judgements wit ill-thoghts n feelings. John Obi Mikel(JOM) is nt only a gud player bt almost a perfectionist is short pas's makes nt only a ball loser bt also lure d opponents out of their 18 box. His long pas's are always a perfect threat wen there's a gud finisher! Who drop'd almost all d pas's used 4 gols in d nations cup? Infact xeption of d one ayegbeni drop'd 4 osazie, who else drop'd other dan JOM? Infact if we had gud strikers 2 finish off those pas's i 1nda if blind unap'reciatin' nigerians wuld recognise d only perfectionist nigerians av now world wide[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Superb Or Simply Overrated? by Martinium(m): 7:57am On Mar 19, 2010
Thnx 2 chidichris n freakabit n to all realistic analysts. Thnx to all d sentimentalists who cloud their judgements wit ill-thoghts n feelings. John Obi Mikel(JOM) is nt only a gud player bt almost a perfectionist is short pas's makes nt only a ball loser bt also lure d opponents out of their 18 box. His long pas's are always a perfect threat wen there's a gud finisher! Who drop'd almost all d pas's used 4 gols in d nations cup? Infact xeption of d one ayegbeni drop'd 4 osazie, who else drop'd other dan JOM? Infact if we had gud strikers 2 finish off those pas's i 1nda if blind unap'reciatin' nigerians wuld recognise d only perfectionist nigerians av now world wide[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Is John Mikel Obi Superb Or Simply Overrated? by olazero: 8:04am On Mar 19, 2010
Mikel is not overrated pls

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AFCON 2013: Martins May Be Dropped / Ex U-17 Little "Messi" Now Clubless And Roaming Lagos Streets / 8 Facts About Legendary WWE Sumo Wrestler, Yokozuna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.