Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,467 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Is It Insecurity Or What - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Insecurity Or What (769 Views)

Insecurity: What Northern Nigeria Needs. / She Broke Up Because Of Jealousy And Insecurity. / My Wife Insecurity Will Soon Destroy Our Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Insecurity Or What by justsomegirl: 4:51pm On Oct 28, 2017
Hi nairalanders

So I have been dating this guy from our uni days. When we are school, we are both dedicated to each other and never far from one another. So when we finish school we were both looking for job. I want to settle down but I know we couldn't get married if we are both jobless.

Fortunately we both landed a job however my job was juicier with the whole package but his was not but I did not care. I know him to be dedicated and I know it will land something nice later. I thought we will get married especially since he came to spend the last sallah with my family.

The problem started at a time like that when I told him I bought a weave of 50k. Many people in my office are rocking weaves that are much more than that besides I can afford it. Then he said I have join the brasillian queens that the only thing they knew is slaying . I told him this is the only expensive weaves i ever bought and that I don't buy anything more than 8k but just to have something nice in my closet, that's why I bought the 50k weavon.

Then he went on about some of his friends wives that are working in good place and because of that they did not listen to their husbands again, that they become too proud. I tried to explain that we cannot compare our relationship with others but I don't think he cares to listen.

Since then he has been misbehaving, hardly calls nor message so I confront him about that and he said will I beat him because he doesn't call

Now I know the problems cannot just be because of weavon or is it. Maybe he's tired of the relationship. We 've been together a long time. Even though I am scared to be alone or even to start over, I decide to reiterate his attitude. I did not call nor message too. It's so heart breaking. You should be worshipped by your guy for being brilliant and hard-working not treated like trash.

So I ask the question, is it insecurity on his part or I did something wrong
Re: Is It Insecurity Or What by HungerBAD: 4:54pm On Oct 28, 2017
First and this is important.

Congratulations on your new job.

Women by nature are more mature than their male age mates, and that is why you see females,mostly in their final year in school, date working class guys and sometimes older guys outside the school system, with marriage in mind.

It is exactly because of this situation you find yourself in.

You are a lady in love,and that itself is not a bad thing. You are also faithful from your write up,which is refreshingly different.

I don't know your age,but something tells me you are young, so I will advice you as a younger sister.

Never sell yourself short. Never let anybody make you feel bad for your success. He is your boyfriend and not your husband,and the first mistake you made was even discussing not just how much you earn with him,but on what you spend your money on.

That is a no go.

Is he insecure?yes. Does he have a little strain of jealousy in his inner recesses?yes. This is not even only about him,even your friends that are females that still struggle will wish they were in your shoe,and that is how resentment and jealousy starts.

Go through the news of jealous husbands killing their wives. It has a particularly disturbing pattern, and that is the women are mostly well doing than the men and it is so bad now,women now hide how successful they are from their spouses.

You cannot change your boyfriend or his opinions,but you can work on yourself i.e if this will now be a new normal from your boyfriend every time any good thing happens to you,and if you want to be put in that situation always.

You have not done anything wrong. And you have options,but those options and decisions are yours to make and take alone.

Goodluck.

Lalasticlacla and Mynd44 let others read her story and learn, thanks.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Insecurity Or What by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 28, 2017
U already know d answer to ur question nacheesy
Re: Is It Insecurity Or What by falcon01: 5:02pm On Oct 28, 2017
At first i thought he was scared of loosing you to a more endowed guy. He doesn't want you to feel you are out of his league but then you said he doesnt call as he do before which leaves me in an akward position here. I cant say whats going through his mind BUT I will to stick with my opinion he doesn't want you to think you are too good for him. Call him have a talk with him and tell him to stop the comparison with others. Relationship is all about communication and understanding.
Re: Is It Insecurity Or What by QueenSekxy(f): 5:02pm On Oct 28, 2017
he's already feeling so insecure! !and thinks he can't measure up with your level hence the mischievous and aberrant behavior. .

don't be scared of staying alone because anything can happen at anytime..

just prepare your mind for the worst!!
Re: Is It Insecurity Or What by Greene66: 5:04pm On Oct 28, 2017
Oh shut up.. He is not interested or tired in the relationship yet he came to spend sallah with ur family undecided

He is insecure and his ego is threatened that you have 50k to dispose and he doesn't. Dont rub it in his face and u two can move along happy. It takes two to make a balance in relationships.

If he is the one who gave you the 50k for the weave, trust me, he will be so cool. But he didn't. You are a self made woman and that is great. But if you want to keep Nigerian man, just maintain.

Tip: You can even buy 100k weave just don't tell him. wink
Re: Is It Insecurity Or What by Martin0(m): 5:09pm On Oct 28, 2017
QueenSekxy:
he's already feeling so insecure! !and thinks he can't measure up with your level hence the mischievous and aberrant behavior. .

don't be scared of staying alone because anything can happen at anytime..

just prepare your mind for the worst!!

gringringrin
Observation is allowedgrin
Re: Is It Insecurity Or What by QueenSekxy(f): 5:13pm On Oct 28, 2017
Martin0:

gringringrin Observation is allowedgrin
naso
Re: Is It Insecurity Or What by Martin0(m): 5:15pm On Oct 28, 2017
QueenSekxy:
naso
Si gulibe nugringrin
Re: Is It Insecurity Or What by MICHAELFROST(m): 5:22pm On Oct 28, 2017
op I won't lie to you. would not be surprised if he starts beating u later because of 50k he is acting like a child don't beg him don't call him observe and see how he reacts lets see if you are more invested in the relationship than him
Re: Is It Insecurity Or What by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 28, 2017
Hope you learnt something from what is happening now incase you continue with him in future because men don't like women buying expensive things and if you do you reduce the price before telling him.
Re: Is It Insecurity Or What by dafeyankee: 5:49pm On Oct 28, 2017
rebirthforgoody:
Hope you learnt something from what is happening now incase you continue with him in future because men don't like women buying expensive things and if you do you reduce the price before telling him.

Why should she tell him?How old are you?
Re: Is It Insecurity Or What by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 28, 2017
dafeyankee:

Why should she tell him?How old are you?

Some guys will continue to ask you until you tell them
Re: Is It Insecurity Or What by darkmarky(m): 6:59pm On Oct 28, 2017
Weavon 50k....

Alright no problem.. My problem with ladies is that dey don't do any tangible thing with money...just fashion that's all.. Nothing like projects, or think of a fantastic business idea.
Re: Is It Insecurity Or What by 2dice01: 7:12pm On Oct 28, 2017
Mr money came with his price grin

Are you two willing to pay
Re: Is It Insecurity Or What by Nobody: 8:41pm On Oct 28, 2017
He is tired of the relationship, why should he be complaining of the weave you bought? A lady that works should look good because looking good is good business, free that guy matter and take good care of yourself, its your money, you worked for it. Spend it like its no man's business.
Re: Is It Insecurity Or What by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 28, 2017
darkmarky:
Weavon 50k....

Alright no problem.. My problem with ladies is that dey don't do any tangible thing with money...just fashion that's all.. Nothing like projects, or think of a fantastic business idea.
There is nothing wrong in trying to look good, weavon of 50k is not a one time use kind of weave, it lasts and one can use it for upto 3years, quality things are expensive, she is working and can afford it.

Looking good is good business jare.

(1) (Reply)

An Open Letter To Those In Relationship (MUST READ) / Obituary Of Man Who Will Be Buried On Same Day He Was Supposed To Get Married / The Spate Of Corporate Begging Now Is Alarming.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.