Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,039 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

Pls Between Civic 2001-05 And Nissan Sunny 2003-07 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls Between Civic 2001-05 And Nissan Sunny 2003-07 (2399 Views)

Clean Honda Civic 2001 For 550K / I Need Advice Pls: Between Volkswagen Sharan And Ford Galaxy For Commercial Biz / Mazda CX-7 2007 and Nissan S Thoughts(pics in post$ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Between Civic 2001-05 And Nissan Sunny 2003-07 by Brasstop: 8:49am On Jan 02, 2018
Good morning car gurus and car lovers,
Firstly a happy New year to everyone of us. I pray that this year will usher in joy and more financial upliftment

Pls kindly advice between Honda Civic 2001-05 and
Nissan Sunny 03-07, prolly naija used.
Point of consideration includes ruggedness, availability and cheapness of parts, durability and availability of knowledgeable mechanics etc
Secondly I heard the Civic is prone to transmission (gear) failure. Is it simply a case of poor main and wrong oil use or it is a defect.
Pls car gurus, users give your valuable experience.
CC: kingreign, nurey, Gazzuzz, diportivo and the other bosses, please come and assist.
Thanks all
Durability and dependability is top on my list of concern
Re: Pls Between Civic 2001-05 And Nissan Sunny 2003-07 by Brasstop: 9:24am On Jan 02, 2018
Pls still waiting for response
Re: Pls Between Civic 2001-05 And Nissan Sunny 2003-07 by nurey(m): 10:21am On Jan 02, 2018
Both are OK, I have used the sunny before and my sister uses the civic currently. The civic I will pick because of after all the beating and bashing, the body will still be solid, the sunny will start deteriorating and is prone to rusting.

The civic doesn't have leg issues like other Honda and the transmission is solid. Pick the Honda not because I said so because I have experience with both rides.

1 Like

Re: Pls Between Civic 2001-05 And Nissan Sunny 2003-07 by Brasstop: 10:34am On Jan 02, 2018
nurey:
Both are OK, I have used the sunny before and my sister uses the civic currently. The civic I will pick because of after all the beating and bashing, the body will still be solid, the sunny will start deteriorating and is prone to rusting.

The civic doesn't have leg issues like other Honda and the transmission is solid. Pick the Honda not because I said so because I have experience with both rides.
What about the famed transmission issue. I even saw some post on nairaland about tran that fails easily.
Thank you for your response.
The sunny 08 is not bad o shape wise

1 Like

Re: Pls Between Civic 2001-05 And Nissan Sunny 2003-07 by Brasstop: 10:35am On Jan 02, 2018
Mr shege315, pls your knowledge is needed here
Re: Pls Between Civic 2001-05 And Nissan Sunny 2003-07 by nurey(m): 11:14am On Jan 02, 2018
Brasstop:

What about the famed transmission issue. I even saw some post on nairaland about tran that fails easily.

The Honda civic has no transmission issues from factory, when you pour wrong transmission fluid into any car transmission or refuse to change the fluid as at when due the mechanical part will fail. Most car owners in Nigeria lack information and refuse to seek it reason why we have high car part failure. You have done the right thing by seeking for knowledge and I am telling you the civic whether manual or automatic is a solid car all round.

Brasstop:

The sunny 08 is not bad o shape wise

The sunny you are talking about is the N16 made from 2000 to 2010, a greater percentage on Nigerian roads were bought brand new in Nigeria so don't expect custom papers but the European sibling badged as almera was imported the engine in that car was built to last, the only issue the engine has is the camshaft and crankshaft sensor, once this 2 sensor fails and you don't detect on time, it will get you stranded other than that, the car is a solid, low maintenance ride. Doesn't give leg problem, engine problems, electrical problems but if the body is pressed, no panel beater can reshape it back, and it's body is prone to rust and disfiguration grin

A 2005 civic tokunbo will set you back by 1.2 while a clean tokunbo sunny/almera (with navigation) 2010 will cost 1.2 but getting the almera in saloon form will be hard it comes mostly in hatchback.

For Nigerian used, the sunny is costlier as majority been put up for sale are 08 to 10 model years.

1 Like

Re: Pls Between Civic 2001-05 And Nissan Sunny 2003-07 by Brasstop: 11:19am On Jan 02, 2018
nurey:

The Honda civic has no transmission issues from factory, when you pour wrong transmission fluid into any car transmission or refuse to change the fluid as at when due the mechanical part will fail. Most car owners in Nigeria lack information and refuse to seek it reason why we have high car part failure. You have done the right thing by seeking for knowledge and I am telling you the civic whether manual or automatic is a solid car all round.

The sunny you are talking about is the N16 made from 2000 to 2010, a greater percentage on Nigerian roads were bought brand new in Nigeria so don't expect custom papers but the European sibling badged as almera was imported the engine in that car was built to last, the only issue the engine has is the camshaft and crankshaft sensor, once this 2 sensor fails and you don't detect on time, it will get you stranded other than that, the car is a solid, low maintenance ride. Doesn't give leg problem, engine problems, electrical problems but if the body is pressed, no panel beater can reshape it back, and it's body is prone to rust and disfiguration grin

A 2005 civic tokunbo will set you back by 1.2 while a clean tokunbo sunny/almera (with navigation) 2010 will cost 1.2 but getting the almera in saloon form will be hard it comes mostly in hatchback.

For Nigerian used, the sunny is costlier as majority been put up for sale are 08 to 10 model years.
Tnx chief. You hit the nail on the head. You guys rock!
Re: Pls Between Civic 2001-05 And Nissan Sunny 2003-07 by Olumyyde(m): 12:24pm On Jun 07, 2018
nurey:

pls Nurey,i need ur advice on the 2002 Honda civic as I'd love to get it sometime soon. how's the maintenance n fuel economy? also parts availability and affordability? Tnx sir.

1 Like

Re: Pls Between Civic 2001-05 And Nissan Sunny 2003-07 by Olumyyde(m): 12:27pm On Jun 07, 2018
Brasstop:
Good morning car gurus and car lovers,
Firstly a happy New year to everyone of us. I pray that this year will usher in joy and more financial upliftment

Pls kindly advice between Honda Civic 2001-05 and
Nissan Sunny 03-07, prolly naija used.
Point of consideration includes ruggedness, availability and cheapness of parts, durability and availability of knowledgeable mechanics etc
Secondly I heard the Civic is prone to transmission (gear) failure. Is it simply a case of poor main and wrong oil use or it is a defect.
Pls car gurus, users give your valuable experience.
CC: kingreign, nurey, Gazzuzz, diportivo and the other bosses, please come and assist.
Thanks all
Durability and dependability is top on my list of concern
Hello bro, which one did you finally get? and how is d experience so far?
Re: Pls Between Civic 2001-05 And Nissan Sunny 2003-07 by nurey(m): 12:42pm On Jun 07, 2018
Olumyyde:

pls Nurey,i need ur advice on the 2002 Honda civic as I'd love to get it sometime soon. how's the maintenance n fuel economy? also parts availability and affordability? Tnx sir.

Bros if you can ascertain the sample you are interested is in good working condition, buy it as you won't regret you made that choice

2 Likes

Re: Pls Between Civic 2001-05 And Nissan Sunny 2003-07 by Olumyyde(m): 12:57pm On Jun 07, 2018
nurey:

Bros if you can ascertain the sample you are interested is in good working condition, buy it as you won't regret you made that choice
Tnx a lot bro.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Help / Toyota Corrolla For Urgent Disposal / Recommend A Car To Buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.