Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,531 members, 7,816,297 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America - Travel (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lies Of Nigerians Living In America (180246 Views)

Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (71) (Go Down)

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by fiendishghoul: 8:02am On Nov 01, 2017
timesup234:
Your post is for the brainwashed. There are more people suffering in America than Nigeria. America is a country filled with homeless and hopeless people. The net worth of Americans is tied to the value of their home they wont be able to afford till death. College educated Americans at the age of 35yrs are still living with their parents while the females sell their bodies to sugar daddies in europe in order to come up with the monthly $200 student loan debt. America infratructure is in a decaying state and illiteracy is rampant with very high suicide rate. The US. death rate is higher than that of Nigeria in figures, i can go on and on and on. America indeed is one overhyped shithole

I'm sure you forgot there are over 330 million people in the US

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Pasca07: 8:05am On Nov 01, 2017
timesup234:
The funniest and most expensive joke I have heard from Nigerians doing menial jobs in the US. and earning between $1,500- $2,000, is claiming that they are richer than bank managers in Nigeria. I guess they make their money in America while spending it in Nigeria. This stupid joke need to stop. A Nigerian doing menial job in the US. at best can be compare to someone receiving 80,000 Monthly in Nigeria in purchasing power. A Nigerian doing odd jobs for 10 yrs will still be paying rent while a 10 yrs bank manager would have long built two to three houses with a lucrative investment. Nigerians in America need to stop converting currencies because it is clearly stated that if you earn $12,000 annually in America you are living in poverty
Question number 2: in terms of health, education and road condition of the two countries which is better?remember you failed the simple question i asked you previously pls don't disappoint your fake patriotic friends dis time around...I want simple answer
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nadratan: 8:06am On Nov 01, 2017
timesup234:
Your post is for the brainwashed. There are more people suffering in America than Nigeria. America is a country filled with homeless and hopeless people. The net worth of Americans is tied to the value of their home they wont be able to afford till death. College educated Americans at the age of 35yrs are still living with their parents while the females sell their bodies to sugar daddies in europe in order to come up with the monthly $200 student loan debt. America infratructure is in a decaying state and illiteracy is rampant with very high suicide rate. The US. death rate is higher than that of Nigeria in figures, i can go on and on and on. America indeed is one overhyped shithole

Lmaoooooo �����.... This cracked the shit outta me bruh...

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 8:07am On Nov 01, 2017
fiendishghoul:

Nigerians living in America are broke, yet no sources to back up ur claims, how many broke Nigerians do u know in America? Post links to facts, I want to see some numbers
I already posted millions of links that states that Americans, and i mean first class citizens cant even come up with a mere $500 in an emergency. I also posted links that states clearly that 65% of americans are one paycheck away from living on the street. It is out there for everyone to see but you guys prefer the lies projected by hollywood. Only 15% of americans have $10,000 this very minute yet a fourth class Nigerian slaves working like transformer wants to tell us how rich he is

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by fiendishghoul: 8:09am On Nov 01, 2017
timesup234:
I already posted millions of links that states that Americans, and i mean first class citizens cant even come up with a mere $500 in an emergency. I also posted links that states clearly that 65% of americans are one paycheck away from living on the street. It is out there for everyone to see but you guys prefer the lies projected by hollywood. Only 15% of americans have $10,000 this very minute yet a fourth class Nigerian slaves working like transformer wants to tell us how rich he is

You say $500 is mere, can you post a link to the percentage of Nigerians living in Nigeria that can raise this same amount?

5 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nadratan: 8:13am On Nov 01, 2017
timesup234:

Presently, $200 is equivalent to 72000 naira .. that's the amount 95% of Nigeria graduates earn....

5 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by fiendishghoul: 8:15am On Nov 01, 2017
Nadratan:

Presently, $200 is equivalent to 72000 naira .. that's the amount 95% of Nigeria graduates earn....

That's the ones that can even find a job, but that's not his argument...he's saying you can make millions without even going to school in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 8:17am On Nov 01, 2017
Pasca07:
Question number 2: in terms of health, education and road condition of the two countries which is better?remember you failed the simple question i asked you previously pls don't disappoint your fake patriotic friends dis time around...I want simple answer
Young man i am a reasonable person. My post never compared America to Nigeria. I directed my attack at Nigerians living in America claiming to have made it and found joy in taking shot at their country calling it a shithole but some people came and changed the whole topic altogether like America is some kind of heaven. America is no heaven and even a trillion years from now they wont be close to it.

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Pasca07: 8:24am On Nov 01, 2017
Nadratan:

stop spewing thrash here 95% gini?stop living in illusion pls do you know the exact number of unemployed graduates including masters holder that applied for Npower? Which is 30k per month close to 3million stop saying what you don't know, besides how much are graduates earning in private schools in Nigeria with hard labour?
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by fiendishghoul: 8:27am On Nov 01, 2017
timesup234:
Young man i am a reasonable person. My post never compared America to Nigeria. I directed my attack at Nigerians living in America claiming to have made it and found joy in taking shot at their country calling it a shithole but some people came and changed the whole topic altogether like America is some kind of heaven. America is no heaven and even a trillion years from now they wont be close to it.

Okay then I'm sorry, it seems I'm confusing yr posts for pidgin2, she's the unreasonable one
America isn't perfect, Nigeria is farther away, but our resilience as Nigerians will help us survive anywhere, so no matter how hard a country may be, we'll always find our way
Don't blame those ones trying to show off, just try to imagine their situation if they had remained in Nigeria; you'll see where they're coming from...God help us all

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nadratan: 8:28am On Nov 01, 2017
Pasca07:
stop spewing thrash here 95% gini?stop living in illusion pls do you know the exact number of unemployed graduates including masters holder that applied for Npower? Which is 30k per month close to 3million stop saying what you don't know, besides how much are graduates earning in private schools in Nigeria with hard labour?

There are better ways of debating without having to use insult.... I know the frustration in the country is real... So calm down bro

4 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by stickaman04: 8:30am On Nov 01, 2017
Nigerians dont normally have de legal rights to work in America. If u r not a citizen or a resident u will surely b living hands to mouth, but i knw some guys who still make it from such jobs, i think dey are still better of than staying here with no job anyway..

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by stickaman04: 8:32am On Nov 01, 2017
timesup234:
sorry dude. It will take a Nigerian doing menial job in the US. twenty years to be able to complete a duplex. Unless they are involved in shady deals it is impossible. Even middle class Americans who make $57,000 annually cant save a thousand dollars monthly. When you get to America the hidden truth will ne revealed to you
i dont totally agree with u on this
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by dustydee: 9:15am On Nov 01, 2017
LaNiger:
Thanks for your comments. It’s never too late to do anything in life. You have to weigh the cost vs. the benefits of an MBA. What’s your end goal? There are Executive MBA programs out there that might work for you. The following schools have very reputable Exec MBA programs: Cornell, NYU, University of Pennsylvania etc. Someone commented about you getting a student visa, which the Executive MBA can help you with. An Executive MBA program is for older and more experienced applicants.

Good luck!!!!

Thank you.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by dustydee: 9:19am On Nov 01, 2017
salford1:

You are already limiting yourself bro. Don't do this to yourself. At 38 years of age, i assume you have some work experience that would be valuable to any mba class. I have a friend with an mba from said business school of the uni of oxford, he got into that school in his mid 30s. He got straight into AFDB before graduation. He would have still been stuck in his first bank job if he limited himself with pessimistic thoughts of non admission due to age.

The only challenge I see would be getting admissions due to competition from all over the world. These are mba programs that would 1000's of applications for maybe 50 seats.
Hi salford1, I am not limiting myself. I know someoe currently in said who is about my age. I was actually looking at it from the benefit perspective given that I have other things to take care of. Also considering whether an EMBA will be a better option. But thank you for your contribution.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by chrisjohn234: 9:20am On Nov 01, 2017
stickaman04:

i dont totally agree with u on this
I am into real estate. How much do you think will build a standard 5 bedroom duplex and how much do you think an average Nigerian American can save monthly? That will answer your question.

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by chrisjohn234: 9:22am On Nov 01, 2017
The OP is a bit heavy with words but almost all his observations are correct. I have never visited America myself but I read events everyday and have 6 siblings and cousins over there I talk to regularly

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 11:04am On Nov 01, 2017
stickaman04:
Nigerians dont normally have de legal rights to work in America. If u r not a citizen or a resident u will surely b living hands to mouth, but i knw some guys who still make it from such jobs, i think dey are still better of than staying here with no job anyway..

Trust me, it's not better as an illegal, they gave no access to healthcare many of them die without their relatives back home knowing about it

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 11:09am On Nov 01, 2017
fiendishghoul:

Okay then I'm sorry, it seems I'm confusing yr posts for pidgin2, she's the unreasonable one
America isn't perfect, Nigeria is farther away, but our resilience as Nigerians will help us survive anywhere, so no matter how hard a country may be, we'll always find our way
Don't blame those ones trying to show off, just try to imagine their situation if they had remained in Nigeria; you'll see where they're coming from...God help us all

Another lie, for instance, how does an illegal doing menial work gain access to healthcare and access credit?

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 01, 2017
LaNiger:
Thanks for your comments. I’m not here to argue with you. Here is my problem with us Nigerians, just because you’ve never experienced what I described does not make it a lie. Those who understand how department budgets are managed, know that you some latitude within your department’s budget or cost centers, as department head. America is a big country and not everyone works or lives in Silicon Valley. Most big companies have “location differential “ to account for the cost of living in certain areas. I only shared my story to say, that everyone’s story is different. Wishing you all the best.�

But your story seems to generalise,maybe you are one in a millions but please do not generalise about life n the US,some Nigerians are broke as hell there and many especially the young Nigerians doing illegal stuff like identity fraud,credit card fraud etc

from experience,i never believe all stories told to me,so what is wrong with doubting a story or being critical about a story.In Nigeria,we are accustomed to many lies told by Nigerians living abroad,we see them enjoying life on social media and we are tempted to visit those countries,on geting there we notice the lies and we are disappointed.

5 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 01, 2017
I am not against travelling abroad to go and hustle, but do no tell me you are living a better life than me,sometimes during the integration process,we still send you cash from Nigeria to survive or to further your education till you are fit to stand alone.

Integration in a foreign country takes years because of difference in culture and mentality,so do not paint life as rosy in your respective country of residence especially when you just landed,you are basically fresh out of the boat,your accent and mentality will always been a disadvantage at first,you might not enjoy the system and do lot of menial jobs to survive.i guess your future children will benefit from the system because they will be born there and accept their ways.

it takes lot of years and work experience to have a lot of salary per annum. even many wont adapt and will be poor according to their standard of living and please dont convert your salary to feel good and compare to Nigerian at home,it just doesnt make sense because in this same Nigeria,someone earning 50,000 naira still find way to cater for himself than you because of lesser expenses

it is a rule in life that few will be rich and many will be poor.and it is normal everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by LaNiger(m): 12:27pm On Nov 01, 2017
You are right, some Nigerians lie. However, the original poster is also making assumptions about the standard of living in the USA. Just the same way I get frustrated by comments Americans make about Nigerians and 419. Yes, if you come to America today to hustle without papers, it’s going to be extremely difficult for you. I don’t dispute that at all, especially if you were a bank manger in Nigeria.

If you come in legally, the opportunities are limitless. Yes, there is discrimination in America, but with persistence and determination you can still achieve a lot. All I shared was my story and I can share other stories of very successful Nigerians here who are business owners and professionals.

Nigeria would be an amazing country if we all had an equal chance at success; where success is not determined by who you know. Unfortunately we’ve not been blessed with leaders who have foresight. I’m still hopeful for Nigeria and the potential it has.

thebosstrevor:

But your story seems to generalise,maybe you are one in a millions but please do not generalise about life n the US,some Nigerians are broke as hell there and many especially the young Nigerians doing illegal stuff like identity fraud,credit card fraud etc

from experience,i never believe all stories told to me,so what is wrong with doubting a story or being critical about a story.In Nigeria,we are accustomed to many lies told by Nigerians living abroad,we see them enjoying life on social media and we are tempted to visit those countries,on geting there we notice the lies and we are disappointed.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 12:48pm On Nov 01, 2017
LaNiger:
You are right, some Nigerians lie. However, the original poster is also making assumptions about the standard of living in the USA. Just the same way I get frustrated by comments Americans make about Nigerians and 419. Yes, if you come to America today to hustle without papers, it’s going to be extremely difficult for you. I don’t dispute that at all, especially if you were a bank manger in Nigeria.

If you come in legally, the opportunities are limitless. Yes, there is discrimination in America, but with persistence and determination you can still achieve a lot. All I shared was my story and I can share other stories of very successful Nigerians here who are business owners and professionals.

Nigeria would be an amazing country if we all had an equal chance at success; where success is not determined by who you know. Unfortunately we’ve not been blessed with leaders who have foresight. I’m still hopeful for Nigeria and the potential it has.

i do not doubt about successful Nigerians in america but also we have successful people also in Nigeria especially among the young,no country gives you an equal chance at success,you have to fight for it,it is similar all over the world,also to get that chance and opportunity,you need cash or you need to be extremely good,there is a popular saying that in america,the whites do not have to prove themselves but as a black,you have to prove you are better than the whites for you to be accepted for a job,that just show the intense pressure on a nigeria but how many Nigerians in america are ready to put up with that pressure,they prefer the easy way.

Life is not easy anywhere,you have to struggle to get what you want in life.

Nigeria is developing everyday,i have visited america and i came to the conclusion that if Nigerians in america could use similar strength and determination they use in america in Nigeria, Nigeria would have been a good place to live but what we see among those who visit is the big man syndrome,once a man leaves the shore of Nigeria,he feels the people left behind are not humans,imagine having that mentality,how do you expect the country to do well.

when they return they start saying in america this in america that forgetting that they are in Nigeria,they want to feel like they are superior than the normal native even though in america they collect foodstamp,The Nigerian abroad when he returns want everything to be put before him in a platter of gold.

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 01, 2017
Pasca07:

they also have good and bad health,education and road system just like in nigeria,for health and educations,it depends on what your money can buy but to be sincere two high top Nigerians were misdiagnosed in america,the Nigerian doctors in nigeria detected the disease but it was too late to save them and they ended up dying.

On road issues,america has lot of bad roads as nigeria,the citizens do complain about that too

https://jalopnik.com/heres-why-americas-roads-are-total-shit-1793131578

this article give you a great picture of the problems of bad roads in america,stop watching too much america movies and wake up to the real world.

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 01, 2017
Nadratan:

How many americans can afford $200? $20 is a big money for some people in that same america.

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by pansophist(m): 1:35pm On Nov 01, 2017
I took my time to read the whole thread. The impression delivered here from US-based Nigerians is that they have it all good, then who are the Nigerians that are actually illegals and suffering there?

Does that mean that Nigerians are immune to the inescapable challenges immigrant faces? I live in the Netherlands and I can tell you absolutely that MOST Nigerians here don't have it good. The contention of this thread is not to feel better than everyone but, to tell the truth how it really is, doesn't kill you at all.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by finestboy1: 2:05pm On Nov 01, 2017
Most of the people spewing thrash haven't even lived in America grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Beautyaddy: 2:15pm On Nov 01, 2017
finestboy1:
Most of the people spewing thrash haven't even lived in America grin grin

Lol!!!

Blame it on Google na that is giving them the delusion to have lived and know so much about the US cool

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Pasca07: 3:21pm On Nov 01, 2017
thebosstrevor:

they also have good and bad health,education and road system just like in nigeria,for health and educations,it depends on what your money can buy but to be sincere two high top Nigerians were misdiagnosed in america,the Nigerian doctors in nigeria detected the disease but it was too late to save them and they ended up dying.

On road issues,america has lot of bad roads as nigeria,the citizens do complain about that too

https://jalopnik.com/heres-why-americas-roads-are-total-shit-1793131578

this article give you a great picture of the problems of bad roads in america,stop watching too much america movies and wake up to the real world.
hahahaha the link only pointed out few roads that needed to be repaired which is normal,but you failed to answer my questions between the two countries which one has more good roads and health facilities?don't just give me one story of how a Nigeria doctor detected one disease..maybe you can ask your president why he usain bolt to uk for treatment ...lol you must be a good comedian to compare educational system of USA to naija,which one is better btw Nigeria public universities and public universities in USA?I need simple answer
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Pasca07: 3:29pm On Nov 01, 2017
timesup234:
ooh now i got your point,thanks for accepting that naija can never be compare to USA in terms of all what I listed above.But can you blame those attacking the country? Maybe they're doing it to make our corrupt leaders that always run to USA for medical, education etc to do the right thing....
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 3:30pm On Nov 01, 2017
Beautyaddy:

Lol!!!

Blame it on Google na that is giving them the delusion to have lived and know so much about the US cool
Funny how americans dont see their country the way Nigerians see it. Typical slave mentatlity. Americans complain more about their bad roads than we do in Nigeria. They keep renouncing their citizenship at an alarming rate yet African man won die for another man thing. Leave people thing for them, you will never fit in, they will always look you like a small little monkey

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Beautyaddy: 3:49pm On Nov 01, 2017
timesup234:
Funny how americans dont see their country the way Nigerians see it. Typical slave mentatlity. Americans complain more about their bad roads than we do in Nigeria. They keep renouncing their citizenship at an alarming rate yet African man won die for another man thing. Leave people thing for them, you will never fit in, they will always look you like a small little monkey

Looooooool!!!!

Just continue with your delusional thoughts. If it's the only thing that will prevent you from going all out crazy from harming yourself or someone else due to your frustrations, its fine.

On a serious note, anyone on this forum still responding to your delusional and crazy beliefs about Nigerians in the US really needs to have their heads examined. Seriously!!

Rest my case!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (71)

Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja / Any Nairalander In Abidjan? / 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.