Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,987 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:24 PM

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America - Travel (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lies Of Nigerians Living In America (180031 Views)

Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (71) (Go Down)

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by samijay8(m): 10:21pm On Dec 08, 2017
justwise:

That is lies because its absolutely possible to save 10K a year when you earn 75K
how much is 10k in USD. maybe just 250.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by wonlasewonimi: 10:51pm On Dec 08, 2017
timesup234 you need to go and advise the OP of this thread https://www.nairaland.com/4214750/moving-back-nigeria-usa

I am tired of your agidi cool

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 3:14am On Dec 09, 2017
kroger:
Alcatraz005 you have done well on the other thread kindly visit this thread for your review.. grin grin
I can see you are calling for reinforcement. I can take on a full infantry division. Bring it on!

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by boolet: 6:42am On Dec 09, 2017
timesup234:
The funniest and most expensive joke I have heard from Nigerians doing menial jobs in the US. and earning between $1,500- $2,000, is claiming that they are richer than bank managers in Nigeria. I guess they make their money in America while spending it in Nigeria. This stupid joke need to stop. A Nigerian doing menial job in the US. at best can be compare to someone receiving 80,000 Monthly in Nigeria in purchasing power. A Nigerian doing odd jobs for 10 yrs will still be paying rent while a 10 yrs bank manager would have long built two to three houses with a lucrative investment. Nigerians in America need to stop converting currencies because it is clearly stated that if you earn $12,000 annually in America you are living in poverty
Relax guy. 80k in naira is less than 300usd. Before way pure, I was sending 500usd home monthly from earning 2300 plus tips from just a job. My apartment was 600usd; groceries cost me 300usd monthly; metrocard was 116:50usd; fine boy cost me 500usd. I gallantly saved 300 for about 10 months and got a second job... if you can imagine the rest. Now I'm married and we both work good. USA is for hardworking people; work hard, make money. For naija ; u wan work sef work no dey. Abeg humble my guy.

8 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Oluwaskinny: 10:37am On Dec 09, 2017
I won't mind you pointing in the right direction for me too! Im a really a silent reader!

My man,
I don't blame dem.
...and I won't denigrate the OP and others.
I will be coming in this Festive period.
Flights are usually expensive during Festive periods, January and Summer.
It's better to book earlier than anticipated.
I paid 1110usd for direct flight.
What does your brother do...?
Does he have a reasonable amount in his account...?
Or do you think it has to be built up...[/quote]
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Boss13: 1:17pm On Dec 09, 2017
timesup234:
Anyone leaving a job that pays over 150k and above in Nigeria to go and start a life in the United States is suffering from mental issues!

Okay at this point I think I have to step in. I have been enjoying the crude banter. Immigration is a personal choice. Regardless of this, let me present to you economic facts that an average resident in the United State is better off than an average resident in Nigeria. I will try to break it down in layman’s terms for good understanding.

Inflation - inflation is the general rise of price of goods and services. It can also be referred to as purchasing power ability. How much can you spend with the money you have. Nigeria’s inflation rate is 16% as at October 2017. In the United state it is 2.2% as at October 2017. As you can see that is 14 percentage point difference (approximately). What this means is that an average Nigeria with N100 in his/her pocket has spending power of N84 because inflation has eaten N16 out of his money. Contrary, a United State resident with $100 has spending capacity of $98 (approximately). Inflation has eaten just $2 out of his pocket.

Devaluation - Devaluation is the reduction in the value of your currency in comparison with other currencies in the world (layman’s term). Devaluation is mostly carried out in countries struggling with growing inflation and high interest rates. Inflation largely determines the interest rate environment of a country. That is why the interest rate in Nigeria is very high (MPR 14%) and in the US (Federal Reserve rate 1.25%). Please note the relationship. Devaluation is also carried out by countries with huge balance of payment deficits (when money leaving your country is more than money coming into your country, largely due to increasing importation). We are all aware that Nigeria officially devalued it’s currency by 30%. This means in relative to other currencies, the value of the naira fell by 30%. Because Nigeria is a huge import driven economy, the average Nigeria purchasing power has lost value by 46% (the effect of inflation and devaluation). So that N100 in your pocket can relatively buy goods and services worth N54 in real terms. To properly translate, the average Nigerian is poorer by 46% (whether you agree or not).

Cash Dependent Economy - Nigeria is a cash driven economy and over 90% of all transactions are cash related. This means delaying purchases in order to save and this also have an effect on aggregate demand. The US economy is credit driven, purchases can be made quickly rather than being delayed because the funds need to be saved. So for the person saying that his US hosts were surprised that he can afford purchases during his visit probably didn’t inform them how hard he saved to afford the trip. Many US residents don’t save much, because just like in Nigeria, cash deposits don’t earn much interest. They largely depend on credit and pay off their credit as time goes. Also because interest rates are not so high. Imagine a US resident screaming over an interest rate of 5% and a Nigeria paying an interest rate of 18% (a huge difference). Another reason, Nigeria is a tough place to do business because the cost of debt is very high.

Infrastructure & Healthcare - We can all agree that this is subzero in Nigeria. I am not saying it’s the best in the States, but in comparison to Nigeria, infrastructure and healthcare is subliminal. Health is wealth, an ideology Nigerian leaders don’t get to appreciate. If your healthcare system is bad, your N73m in the Bank cannot save you. Now you can understand why famous Nigerians (celebs), during ally health, run to the general public to raise funds. A completely abnormal situation in the US.

Now you cannot compare an average resident in the US with proper legal status to an average Nigerian resident. Using your illustration of a Bank Manager, which I will prefer to call a General Manager working in a Bank, because using a Bank manager is vague. There are some managers in Nigerian Bank Grade system. The guy you see assuming the role of a Bank manager in a branch may not even be a Manager in grade status. So I will use a General manager which is the highest ranking managerial level and this grade level is equivalent to a President who heads a division in a US financial institution. You can never compare both as the President of a division earns very well and if we factor purchasing power parity, they are not on the same level.

A non-legal US resident without proper legal status on immigration terms is the same as a non-legal Nigerian Resident e.g the Beniniose, Niger, Chad or Ghanaian that carry out menial jobs in Nigeria because they do not have proper legal status or work permit. As you can observably see that you cannot compare them. Now a non-legal US resident who earns $12,000 annual in naira terms now earns N4.3m an average of N360k per month. This is the same amount an average middle-income Nigerian resident earns.

In conclusion, being in the US (legally or illegally) is much better than being in Nigeria, legally or illegally. If you compare a legal resident Nigerian to a legal resident US, a legal resident living in the US is much better to his/her Nigerian counterpart due to Devaluation of currency, high inflation and interest rate, poor infrastructure and healthcare.

Also, if you compare an illegal US resident to an illegal Nigerian resident, an illegal US resident is better than his/her counterpart. Even an illegal US resident seems to be able to afford the same lifestyle of an average Nigerian resident in real economic terms.

Thank you

PS - Please note that I used resident and not citizen. A resident is someone who is legally allowed to reside in a country.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by wonlasewonimi: 1:34pm On Dec 09, 2017
Boss13:

Okay at this point I think I have to step in. I have been enjoying the crude banter. Immigration is a personal choice. Regardless of this, let me present to you economic facts that an average resident in the United State is better off than an average resident in Nigeria. I will try to break it down in layman’s terms for good understanding.

Inflation - inflation is the general rise of price of goods and services. It can also be referred to as purchasing power ability. How much can you spend with the money you have. Nigeria’s inflation rate is 16% as at October 2017. In the United state it is 2.2% as at October 2017. As you can see that is 14 percentage point difference (approximately). What this means is that an average Nigeria with N100 in his/her pocket has spending power of N84 because inflation has eaten N16 out of his money. Contrary, a United State resident with $100 has spending capacity of $98 (approximately). Inflation has eaten just $2 out of his pocket.

Devaluation - Devaluation is the reduction in the value of your currency in comparison with other currencies in the world (layman’s term). Devaluation is mostly carried out in countries struggling with growing inflation and high interest rates. Inflation largely determines the interest rate environment of a country. That is why the interest rate in Nigeria is very high (MPR 14%) and in the US (Federal Reserve rate 1.25%). Please note the relationship. Devaluation is also carried out by countries with huge balance of payment deficits (when money leaving your country is more than money coming into your country, largely due to increasing importation). We are all aware that Nigeria officially devalued it’s currency by 30%. This means in relative to other currencies, the value of the naira fell by 30%. Because Nigeria is a huge import driven economy, the average Nigeria purchasing power has lost value by 46% (the effect of inflation and devaluation). So that N100 in your pocket can relatively buy goods and services worth N54 in real terms. To properly translate, the average Nigerian is poorer by 46% (whether you agree or not).

Cash Dependent Economy - Nigeria is a cash driven economy and over 90% of all transactions are cash related. This means delaying purchases in order to save and this also have an effect on aggregate demand. The US economy is credit driven, purchases can be made quickly rather than being delayed because the funds need to be saved. So for the person saying that his US hosts were surprised that he can afford purchases during his visit probably didn’t inform them how hard he saved to afford the trip. Many US residents don’t save much, because just like in Nigeria, cash deposits don’t earn much interest. They largely depend on credit and pay off their credit as time goes. Also because interest rates are not so high. Imagine a US resident screaming over an interest rate of 5% and a Nigeria paying an interest rate of 18% (a huge difference). Another reason, Nigeria is a tough place to do business because the cost of debt is very high.

Infrastructure & Healthcare - We can all agree that this is subzero in Nigeria. I am not saying it’s the best in the States, but in comparison to Nigeria, infrastructure and healthcare is subliminal. Health is wealth, an ideology Nigerian leaders don’t get to appreciate. If your healthcare system is bad, your N73m in the Bank cannot save you. Now you can understand why famous Nigerians (celebs), during ally health, run to the general public to raise funds. A completely abnormal situation in the US.

Now you cannot compare an average resident in the US with proper legal status to an average Nigerian resident. Using your illustration of a Bank Manager, which I will prefer to call a General Manager working in a Bank, because using a Bank manager is vague. There are some managers in Nigerian Bank Grade system. The guy you see assuming the role of a Bank manager in a branch may not even be a Manager in grade status. So I will use a General manager which is the highest ranking managerial level and this grade level is equivalent to a President who heads a division in a US financial institution. You can never compare both as the President of a division earns very well and if we factor purchasing power parity, they are not on the same level.

A non-legal US resident without proper legal status on immigration terms is the same as a non-legal Nigerian Resident e.g the Beniniose, Niger, Chad or Ghanaian that carry out menial jobs in Nigeria because they do not have proper legal status or work permit. As you can observably see that you cannot compare them. Now a non-legal US resident who earns $12,000 annual in naira terms now earns N4.3m an average of N360k per month. This is the same amount an average middle-income Nigerian resident earns.

In conclusion, being in the US (legally or illegally) is much better than being in Nigeria, legally or illegally. If you compare a legal resident Nigerian to a legal resident US, a legal resident living in the US is much better to his/her Nigerian counterpart due to Devaluation of currency, high inflation and interest rate, poor infrastructure and healthcare.

Also, if you compare an illegal US resident to an illegal Nigerian resident, an illegal US resident is better than his/her counterpart. Even an illegal US resident seems to be able to afford the same lifestyle of an average Nigerian resident in real economic terms.

Thank you

PS - Please note that I used resident and not citizen. A resident is someone who is legally allowed to reside in a country.

Are you ready for timesup234

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Boss13: 1:41pm On Dec 09, 2017
wonlasewonimi:

Are you ready for timesup234

Who is he?

What I stated are empirical evidences summarized for easy read. I didn’t want to extrapolate or begin to show that in 10 years, Nigerian residents will be poorer in comparison to their US counterpart. The economic environment in Nigeria is not getting better. The government is borrowing at a sporadic rate and debt-to-GDP ratio is 26% with plans to increase in the future. Moreover, this funds raised via debt are used for consumption and that is what Greece and Portugal are currently suffering (Borrowing to fund consumption activities). So comparing yourself to a resident in an economic viable environment is a laughable situation.

4 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 1:46pm On Dec 09, 2017
Boss13:

Thank you

What you wrote was exactly how the American dream was meant to look like but in reality it is far from it and will never be attained. Instead what we have is people who were fooled to buy into it losing their homes, cars and cant keep up with bills. The average American complain more about infrastructural decay than we do here in Nigeria. Even Trump said the US. will need over a trillion dollars to upgrade her infrastructure. Inflation, Devaluation and interest rates are all elements of neocolonialism the affect on the Nigerian economy is external. The US. global grip and manipulation of free market economies is solely responsible for it. Nigeria and Africa at large are still under neocolonialism and imperialism. We depend on a system and laws not written and controlled by us. The system has been built to favor western europen capitalism. In regards to health care the United States has the poorest service of all so called developed countries. Most Americans dont have health insurance because they cant afford it.

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Boss13: 2:09pm On Dec 09, 2017
timesup234:
What you wrote was exactly how the American dream was meant to look like but in reality it is far from it and will never be attained. Instead what we have is people who were fooled to buy into it losing their homes, cars and cant keep up with bills. The average American complain more about infrastructural decay than we do here in Nigeria. Even Trump said the US. will need over a trillion dollars to upgrade her infrastructure. Inflation, Devaluation and interest rates are all elements of neocolonialism the affect on the Nigerian economy is external. The US. global grip and manipulation of free market economies is solely responsible for it. Nigeria and Africa at large are still under neocolonialism and imperialism. We depend on a system and laws not written and controlled by us. The system has been built to favor western europen capitalism. In regards to health care the United States has the poorest service of all so called developed countries. Most Americans dont have health insurance because they cant afford it.

Laughs

America is not the only developed country running a credit based system. Infact it is in the African continent that you still observe countries running a cash dependent system. A system that has been abandoned for centuries. If you want me to explain what caused the Great Recession, I would be more happy to.

With respect to your comment on US infrastructure, note I clearly said it isn’t the best and that’s because America is comparing itself with other developed countries and not a country like Nigeria that has none.

I can clearly see that your argument has moved from standard of living comparison between Nigerian residents and US resident. However, I will obliged you. Africa is actually suffering from its own issues and not neocolonialism. Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia are countries who have shown the colonialism is not a reason to be poor. These countries are spearheading the new frontal growth that African leaders and Africans should copy.

Certainly American healthcare system is expensive because in comparison with other countries of the West, Americans should not be paying huge sums for healthcare insurance. However, when you say most Americans can not afford healthcare, you have to be objective. There are over 360million Americans and I am unclear what “most” mean by you. Don’t state things vaguely, back them up with empirical facts.

If you have concerns about America, you can state them. I also have my concerns and reservations for America and it is not a country I would readily want to move to if all the developed countries present an opportunity to me to relocate. However, facts are facts and they are because facts are observable. Also, it would be delusional to say that Nigeria is moving forward either politically or economically. Your standard of living comparison would be a good debate if it is between Ghana residents and Nigeria residents and not The United State of America - the country with the highest GDP in the world. A country with an unemployment rate of 4% - C’mon!

What that means is that it is much easier for a dog/cat to get a job in America than a human to get a job in Nigeria.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by wonlasewonimi: 2:31pm On Dec 09, 2017
Boss13:

Who is he?

What I stated are empirical evidences summarized for easy read. I didn’t want to extrapolate or begin to show that in 10 years, Nigerian residents will be poorer in comparison to their US counterpart. The economic environment in Nigeria is not getting better. The government is borrowing at a sporadic rate and debt-to-GDP ratio is 26% with plans to increase in the future. Moreover, this funds raised via debt are used for consumption and that is what Greece and Portugal are currently suffering (Borrowing to fund consumption activities). So comparing yourself to a resident in an economic viable environment is a laughable situation.

He predominantly lives in yaba left. He will be here soon to tell you most Nigerians are multimillionaires and they are better than US citizens.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 2:48pm On Dec 09, 2017
wonlasewonimi:

He predominantly lives in yaba left. He will be here soon to tell you most Nigerians are multimillionaires and they are better than US citizens.
So show me any single house in Nigeria that is not worth overa million naira and 100% owned without gbese? Even houses in the village are worth more than that. When you calculate the assets and liabilities of Americans you find out most of them have a net worth of zero and negative
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Boss13: 2:59pm On Dec 09, 2017
wonlasewonimi:

Hmm - funny but not fair to refer to someone with such attribute. He/she has freedom of speech and opinion.

To the multimillionaire statement. It is easily thrown around in this country. If economists or financial analyst stick to such term, there will be many multimillionaires in this world, including myself and all it takes is to have a couple of millions in your Bank account to earn such status. The reason we think this way is because we operate a cash based economy.

However, saving money in Bank accounts is not ideal because you are actually losing money. Inflation is eating into your funds and the interest income you earn is not sufficient to erode the effect of inflation. Your returns should be higher than inflation rate to actually make real returns. This is not the case in Nigeria.

We should stop deceiving ourselves. We are a poor country and likewise poor people.

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by wonlasewonimi: 3:06pm On Dec 09, 2017
Boss13:

Hmm - funny but not fair to refer to someone with such attribute. He/she has freedom of speech and opinion.

To the multimillionaire statement. It is easily thrown around in this country. If economists or financial analyst stick to such term, there will be many multimillionaires in this world, including myself and all it takes is to have a couple of millions in your Bank account to earn such status. The reason we think this way is because we operate a cash based economy.

However, saving money in Bank accounts is not ideal because you are actually losing money. Inflation is eating into your funds and the interest income you earn is not sufficient to erode the effect of inflation. Your returns should be higher than inflation rate to actually make real returns. This is not the case in Nigeria.

We should stop deceiving ourselves. We are a poor country and likewise poor people.

Don't worry by the time you finish engaging him, you will get the idea. Opinion is diffrent from delusion! Someone trying to prove Nigeria is better than USA needs more than Yaba left to cure the craze.

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Boss13: 3:08pm On Dec 09, 2017
timesup234:
So show me any single house in Nigeria that is not worth overa million naira and 100% owned without gbese? Even houses in the village are worth more than that. When you calculate the assets and liabilities of Americans you find out most of them have a net worth of zero and negative

Chief - when you want to argue a situation, you MUST have sufficient knowledge and in most cases support your statements with evidences.

The real estate industry in Nigeria is largely driven by debt and prior to 2015 election, illicit funds. That is why the industry is depressed now because people cannot make purchases as before. There is absolutely nothing wrong with debt. Infact debt finance is very sweet and cheap if you know how to utilize funds because you are using other people’s funds to increase your income.

If our government is sensible or competent, they will encourage mortgages.

3 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by kroger: 3:12pm On Dec 09, 2017
wonlasewonimi:

Don't worry by the time you finish engaging him, you will get the idea. Opinion is diffrent from delusion! Someone trying to prove Nigeria is better than USA needs more than Yaba left to cure the craze.

grin grin grin grin timesup234 is coming very soon for his head grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 3:17pm On Dec 09, 2017
kroger:

Sure i will chop off the head of every single liar when i get home and settle down
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by kroger: 3:18pm On Dec 09, 2017
timesup234:
Sure i will cho off the head of every single liar when i get home and settled down

We cant wait cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Boss13: 3:19pm On Dec 09, 2017
kroger:

I think he knows the truth but probably he didn’t like the way he was attacked and so had to save his ego. There is no bases for comparison.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by kroger: 3:22pm On Dec 09, 2017
Boss13:

Chief - when you want to argue a situation, you MUST have sufficient knowledge and in most cases support your statements with evidences.

The real estate industry in Nigeria is largely driven by debt and prior to 2015 election, illicit funds. That is why the industry is depressed now because people cannot make purchases as before. There is absolutely nothing wrong with debt. Infact debt finance is very sweet and cheap if you know how to utilize funds because you are using other people’s funds to increase your income.

If our government is sensible or competent, they will encourage mortgages.

Boss, you are very on point, but the truth of the matter is the person you wanna enlighten is hell bent on Every Nigerian are millionaires and well to do than Americans. I have decided not to waste my precious time engaging him again. You can enlighten him but be warned you may get angry at his assertion cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by arena07: 4:28pm On Dec 09, 2017
Boss13:

I think he knows the truth but probably he didn’t like the way he was attacked and so had to save his ego. There is no bases for comparison.
you got the point he knows the truth besides he is not intelligent enough to tackled all the vital point you posted

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 1:14am On Dec 10, 2017
arena07:
you got the point he knows the truth besides he is not intelligent enough to tackled all the vital point you posted
The purpose of the post is not to sound intelligent. I don't even have time for intellectual debate and I am not a scholar. My post is reality based, you getting the truth raw and uncut no matter how hard you try to twist it. Check all the statistics I am dishing out and tell me they are not true. I have no time trying to use words to impress, truth will always override any form of logic. American people are broke, that is something even Trump and Obama can't deny
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 2:05am On Dec 10, 2017
Boss13:

Oh you mean the truth that Blacks have zero net worth in America in a nation that prides itself on equality and fair playing ground. The lies of America is so obvious that you start feeling it within 24 hrs after you visited

https://www.theguardian.com/inequality/2017/sep/13/median-wealth-of-black-americans-will-fall-to-zero-by-2053-warns-new-report
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 2:12am On Dec 10, 2017
GambaOsaka:

Lies Lies Lies....
Keep em coming .....Liar
The crime taking place in America is more than those committed in Africa as a whole. America is a crime land and that's why they have the largest people locked up in prison. Even China with over 1.3 billion people don't have half the population of those in prison in America. The number of poor people in America is more than the population of over 80% of African countries. It is in the best interest of Nigerians to stop applying for a US. visa because the chances of them being killed is very high

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by rinzaugustine: 2:50am On Dec 10, 2017
Op i will only take you serious the day you finally make it to here and take pictures.America is a behemoth with out of this world infrastructures,the reason why most americans can never live anywhere outside this country except for vacation.Texas alone is almost the size of nigeria and almost every town have an air strip where people actually learn how to drive planes,the way we go to field to learn how to drive vehicles.The people that believed trump mantra of making america great again are mostly the racist,uneducated white country folks who still believe africans live in the jungle with animals.The size of walmart is like 20 houses put together with limitless products to choose from ie if you want to buy liquid milk ,you can see more than 25 varieties of the same kind of milk.An 18 year old working at burger king fast food can drive a 2017 toyota car[happens immediately he puts his signature on the auto financing contract for lease/sale] and live in a good govt subsidised house while majority of nigerians cannot afford such luxury in their lifetime

4 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 6:44am On Dec 10, 2017
rinzaugustine:
Op i will only take you serious the day you finally make it to here and take pictures.America is a behemoth with out of this world infrastructures,the reason why most americans can never live anywhere outside this country except for vacation.Texas alone is almost the size of nigeria and almost every town have an air strip where people actually learn how to drive planes,the way we go to field to learn how to drive vehicles.The people that believed trump mantra of making america great again are mostly the racist,uneducated white country folks who still believe africans live in the jungle with animals.The size of walmart is like 20 houses put together with limitless products to choose from ie if you want to buy liquid milk ,you can see more than 25 varieties of the same kind of milk.An 18 year old working at burger king fast food can drive a 2017 toyota car[happens immediately he puts his signature on the auto financing contract for lease/sale] and live in a good govt subsidised house while majority of nigerians cannot afford such luxury in their lifetime
I hear you. The cost of driving a new car is 500usd monthly car note payment and $200 monthly auto-insurance. How much does someone working in burger king or mcdonalds make in a month? Guy lets be realistic here and not spread out more misinformation

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by arena07: 7:41am On Dec 10, 2017
timesup234:
The purpose to the post is not to sound intelligent. I don't even have time for intellectual debate and I am not a scholar. My post is reality based, you getting the truth raw and uncut no matter how hard you try to twist it. Check all the statistics I am dishing out and tell me they are not true. I have no time trying to use words to impress, truth will always override any form of logic. American people are broke, that is something even Trump and Obama can't deny
lol that means you know USA than Nigerians that are living there?from what Boss13 posted can you say it false?if so point it out........
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by chrisjohn234: 9:26am On Dec 10, 2017
This thread is still catching fire. Nobody wants to back down for the other. America is the hottest debate in travel section
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Amya(f): 9:52am On Dec 10, 2017
timesup234:

I feel like giving you a hug for this. If only people know how the US they love so much is partly responsible for the decay we're suffering today.

I see you trying to educate people to realities of the US and world as a whole. They think they're smart, but they're very foolish. But don't talk yourself hoarse, leave them to continue swimming in their ignorance, experience they say is the best teacher.

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Hardfacts234(m): 10:03am On Dec 10, 2017
rinzaugustine:
" America is a behemoth with out of this world infrastructures,the reason why most americans can never live anywhere outside this country"

The above quote from your post caught my attention because i know its a big fat lie.

Tens of thousands of Americans retirees are running way from America to live in countries like Ecuador,
Panama,Costa Rica ,Canada,Japan, Mexico, Germany,UK etc due to high cost of living in the US and other reasons like high cost of healthcare

According to the US Social Security Administration, over 400,000 American retirees are now living abroad and the number is expected to raise in the coming years https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society/2016/1227/Why-are-more-Americans-retiring-abroad

http://www.benefitspro.com/2017/01/18/more-americans-retiring-overseas-report-says

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Amya(f): 10:20am On Dec 10, 2017
Boss13:

I can clearly see that your argument has moved from standard of living comparison between Nigerian residents and US resident. However, I will obliged you. Africa is actually suffering from its own issues and not neocolonialism. Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia are countries who have shown the colonialism is not a reason to be poor. These countries are spearheading the new frontal growth that African leaders and Africans should copy

Exploitation colonialism is the national economic policy of conquering a country to exploit its population as labour and its natural resources as raw material. The practice of exploitation colonialism contrasts with settler colonialism, the policy of conquering a country to establish a branch of the metropole (motherland). A reason for which a country might practice exploitation colonialism is the immediate financial gain produced by the low-cost extraction of raw materials by means of a native people, usually administered by a colonial government. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploitation_colonialism

If you notice, colonised countries rich in resources are experiencing similar problems to ours. The world powers create a perpetual dependency that indirectly leads them creating policies that favour them and lead to our stunted growth and they would ensure that they would keep that cycle going round and round.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by erico2k2(m): 10:31am On Dec 10, 2017
Amya:

Exploitation colonialism is the national economic policy of conquering a country to exploit its population as labour and its natural resources as raw material. The practice of exploitation colonialism contrasts with settler colonialism, the policy of conquering a country to establish a branch of the metropole (motherland). A reason for which a country might practice exploitation colonialism is the immediate financial gain produced by the low-cost extraction of raw materials by means of a native people, usually administered by a colonial government. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploitation_colonialism

If you notice, colonised countries rich in resources are experiencing similar problems to ours. The world powers create a perpetual dependency that indirectly leads them creating policies that favour them and lead to our stunted growth and they would ensure that they would keep that cycle going round and round.

So what happened in America,Canada,new Zealand ,Australia etc? cos they where colonized

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (71)

Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja / Any Nairalander In Abidjan? / 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.