Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,549 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America - Travel (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lies Of Nigerians Living In America (180327 Views)

Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (71) (Go Down)

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by wonlasewonimi: 4:50pm On Dec 17, 2017
timesup234:
Your body temperature might lead to blood gushing out your nose so calm down. How do you reinvent yourself? By taking student loans of over $30,000 at the age of 40yrs after working your ass off for 10yrs? Thats digging more deeper into slavery. No reinvent, thats another lie like credit card debt
LOL.. I see that you have one track mind. You can't hack it in a sane environment.

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by farrukhnawaz: 5:08pm On Dec 17, 2017
America is not for lazy Unresourceful people.But you may hav Good ideas.
Get latest jobs in Pakistan daily.

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 5:21pm On Dec 17, 2017
wonlasewonimi:

LOL.. I see that you have one track mind. You can't hack it in a sane environment.
You are just dancing round a cricle. Where are the successful Nigerians in America? Please i want to know and meet them
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by wonlasewonimi: 6:35pm On Dec 17, 2017
timesup234:
You are just dancing round a cricle. Where are the successful Nigerians in America? Please i want to know and meet them

I dont think they want to meet a carrier of bad news like you. I wish I can type a lot what I want to say but there's no point, your mindset is warped.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by stacyadams: 6:38pm On Dec 17, 2017
Alikote:
Am not in the us am in lagos trucking petrolieum product ..the only woe am facing is bad roads that give
Me problems but want to understand other places
..bro do u drive big trucks?
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by chrisjohn234: 6:39pm On Dec 17, 2017
You guys are back at it? smh
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by stacyadams: 6:46pm On Dec 17, 2017
grin grin wey i know family friends wey come last year and dey enter naija next week wit thier family..one get 3 storey building wey e complete last year wan come collect chieftaincy title...the other one ship em jeep cum buy land too...every body get their pace and speed in life....people dey make money for yankee..if u like believe .if u like ,,no believe.......if u like go yankee go follow olosho.. grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 7:13pm On Dec 17, 2017
stacyadams:
grin grin wey i know family friends wey come last year and dey enter naija next week wit thier family..one get 3 storey building wey e complete last year wan come collect chieftaincy title...the other one ship em jeep cum buy land too...every body get their pace and speed in life....people dey make money for yankee..if u like believe .if u like ,,no believe.......if u like go yankee go follow olosho.. grin grin
Bro common igbo trader they build 5 deckings. That's nothing. Look around you and see all the big story buildings around you, 95% of them were built with money made right here in Nigeria. Then the percentage of Nigerians in America who can afford to build 3 storey building is less than 1%. I hail
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 8:02pm On Dec 17, 2017
stacyadams:
..bro do u drive big trucks?
i own a couple of 45000 litre and manage 17 for other assocaite

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 17, 2017
stacyadams:
aspanda markets guys they build houses na

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 12:04am On Dec 18, 2017
timesup234:
Your body temperature might lead to blood gushing out your nose so calm down. How do you reinvent yourself? By taking student loans of over $30,000 at the age of 40yrs after working your ass off for 10yrs? Thats digging more deeper into slavery. No reinvent, thats another lie like credit card debt
Dude, there are lots of IT training one can do without breaking banks. Have you heard of self taught programmers, ethical hackers etc? What circle of friends in US do you mingle with, seriously? The thing is that lots of Nigerians here are not tech savvy and smart, and they always end up settling for anything and get comfortable with it. I have friends and colleagues that are doing well for themselves and they don't have intention of going back to Nigeria any time soon. Everybody mustn't make it in America, just the same way everybody mustn't make it in Nigeria. Take a chill pill bro, live and let live grin grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by kroger: 12:40am On Dec 18, 2017
PaulSimon2020:
Dude, there are lots of IT training one can do without breaking banks. Have you heard of self taught programmers, ethical hackers etc? What circle of friends in US do you mingle with, seriously? The thing is that lots of Nigerians here are not tech savvy and smart, and they always end up settling for anything and get comfortable with it. I have friends and colleagues that are doing well for themselves and they don't have intention of going back to Nigeria ay time soon. Everybody mustn't make it in America, just the same way everybody mustn't make it in Nigeria. Take a chill pill bro, live and let live grin grin

God bless you, i know of a church member who was doing menial job when he arrived but he went on self taught to learn EPIC EMR and improved his skills , boy this guy is flying from Chicago to Tennessee and all over making serious money. Completed his mum house in benin and currently building an edifice somewhere in Lagos.. America, Nigeria or which ever country there are rich and poor people it depends on the choices you make, your clique and willingness to succeed..

3 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by wonlasewonimi: 1:15am On Dec 18, 2017
kroger:

God bless you, i know of a church member who was doing menial job when he arrived but he went on self taught to learn EPIC EMR and improved his skills , boy this guy is flying from Chicago to Tennessee and all over making serious money. Completed his mum house in benin and currently building an edifice somewhere in Lagos.. America, Nigeria or which ever country there are rich and poor people it depends on the choices you make, your clique and willingness to succeed..

You guys are trying to enlighten this bellend with a single direction in life.

When you move to a new country, 99% of the time you end up doing similar job with your host. If he is a cleaner, you will definitely be a cleaner cos he doesnt know any other job to help you find.

Most people go oyinbo land and start competing with them for customer services job, nursing stacking shelves and all sorts. The secret to hacking it which Indians (God bless them) have mastered is to skill up in areas where oyinbo would not naturally venture or where you will have a very limited competition. Thats why SAP developed in Germany, oyinbos go to India to learn it, Oracle developed in the US, oyinbos go to India to learn. I recently worked in 2 different big corporations and kept wondering why the top executives from both organisation had to travel to india to assess their outsourced operations there. The indians have got them by the balls, the indians could literally finish them. Why? they have the technical knowhow.

There are so many emerging technologies now that you can learn without breaking bank and rake in money like crazy. My guy has been a software developer with DoD for about 7 years now on a crazy daily rate. This oponu is telling us american dream is a lie.

Developed countries like the US value knowledge and your ability demonstrate your skill, they will give you the job cos they know you can solve their problem, and you don't need to personally know any Manager top officials.

Finally, with resources abound on the internet, you can become whatever you want with dedication. Nobody should believe failures like timesup234. The fool can't even ascertain if his business is profitable or not.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 1:25am On Dec 18, 2017
wonlasewonimi:

When you move to a new country, 99% of the time you end up doing similar job with your host. If he is a cleaner, you will definitely be a cleaner cos he doesnt know any other job to help you find.

Most people go oyinbo land and start competing with them for customer services job, nursing stacking shelves and all sorts. The secret to hacking it which Indians (God bless them) have mastered is to skill up in areas where oyinbo would not naturally venture or where you will have a very limited competition. Thats why SAP developed in Germany, oyinbos go to India to learn it, Oracle developed in the US, oyinbos go to India to learn. I recently worked in 2 different big corporations and kept wondering why the top executives from both organisation had to travel to india to assess their outsourced operations there. The indians have got them by the balls, the indians could literally finish them. Why? they have the technical knowhow.

There are so many emerging technologies now that you can learn without breaking bank and rake in money like crazy. My guy has been a software developer with DoD for about 7 years now on a crazy daily rate. This oponu is telling us american dream is a lie.

Developed countries like the US value knowledge and your ability demonstrate your skill, they will give you the job cos they know you can solve their problem, and you don't need to personally know any Manager top officials.

Finally, with resources abound on the internet, you can become whatever you want with dedication. Nobody should believe failures like timesup234. The fool can't even ascertain if his business is profitable or not.

Calling me a fool makes you sound miserable and a failure. Better get some sleep before your rage causes you to commit suicide
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by wonlasewonimi: 1:30am On Dec 18, 2017
timesup234:
Calling me a fool makes you sound miserable and a failure. Better get some sleep before your rage causes you to commit suicide

You need to be called out because you failed in the US and you want to discourage people with your fake news. grin grin You need to listen to yourself too. Would a normal person, whose head is correct say Nigeria is better than US?

4 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by chrisjohn234: 1:39am On Dec 18, 2017
PaulSimon2020:
Dude, there are lots of IT training one can do without breaking banks. Have you heard of self taught programmers, ethical hackers etc? What circle of friends in US do you mingle with, seriously? The thing is that lots of Nigerians here are not tech savvy and smart, and they always end up settling for anything and get comfortable with it. I have friends and colleagues that are doing well for themselves and they don't have intention of going back to Nigeria ay time soon. Everybody mustn't make it in America, just the same way everybody mustn't make it in Nigeria. Take a chill pill bro, live and let live grin grin
No doubt man! Money can be made anywhere. The dollar is the United States currency and everyone searching for dollars, certainly there must be more dollars in America than anywhere else in the world

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by aariwa(m): 1:42am On Dec 18, 2017
wonlasewonimi:

You need to be called out because you failed in the US and you want to discourage people with your fake news. grin grin You need to listen to yourself too. Would a normal person, whose head is correct say Nigeria is better than US?
Why are you calling out somebody who believes in his country as against another country? Why can't we stay and solve our problems instead of running

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by wonlasewonimi: 1:46am On Dec 18, 2017
aariwa:
Why are you calling out somebody who believes in his country as against another country? Why can't we stay and solve our problems instead of running

If you take your time to read the thread from the beginning you will understand why I called him a fool. I don't have any problem with people staying in Nigeria but trying to paint as rosy is what got me pissed off. Read the thread or click on his profile and read all his stupiid submissions, you will call him big dunderhead by the time you finish.

***Plus I need to kill off this thread, the misyarns would confuse too many innocent people
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 1:53am On Dec 18, 2017
wonlasewonimi:

Sorry man, The American Dream is indeed the American Illusion since the US now has the lowest rate of social mobility of any of the so called rich countries

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 2:11am On Dec 18, 2017
wonlasewonimi:

If you take your time to read the thread from the beginning you will understand why I called him a fool. I don't have any problem with people staying in Nigeria but trying to paint as rosy is what got me pissed off. Read the thread or click on his profile and read all his stupiid submissions, you will call him big dunderhead by the time you finish.

***Plus I need to kill off this thread, the misyarns would confuse too many innocent people
I see you want to kill off the thread so the lies can continue. Getting to know more people are viewing this and getting first hand information of things in the US. is really killing you. You must be a travel agent whose income has nosedive because of this post. I am sorry for hurting your finance, 2018 is the year you must pack to the village. I will retire you
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by sKeetz(m): 2:21am On Dec 18, 2017
Timesup234 is a lost case. Trying to school him is like pouring water on a rock; utter waste. If we stop feeding him with attention, he'll just naturally crawl back into the shithole he comes from.

Nigga keeps talking about how he is raking in cash in Nigeria but still won't tell us what he does for a living. He might just be living in one slum in osogbo for all I care.

Timesup234 what do you do for a living? Lets network and share ideas. I want to taste the life you have that has made you so patriotic and blind to the ills of our country, Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by sKeetz(m): 2:23am On Dec 18, 2017
timesup234:
I see you want to kill off the thread so the lies can continue. Getting to know more people are viewing this and getting first hand information of things in the US. is really killing you. You must be a travel agent whose income has nosedive because of this post. I am sorry for hurting your finance, 2018 is the year you must pack to the village. I will retire you

One thing I like about you is that you never give up. You always have an answer to give no matter how dumb it sounds. Keep it up! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 2:28am On Dec 18, 2017
sKeetz:
Timesup234 is a lost case. Trying to school him is like pouring water on a rock; utter waste. If we stop feeding him with attention, he'll just naturally crawl back into the shithole he comes from.

Nigga keeps talking about how he is raking in cash in Nigeria but still won't tell us what he does for a living. He might just be living in one slum in osogbo for all I care.

Timesup234 what do you do for a living? Lets network and share ideas. I want to taste the life you have that has made you so patriotic and blind to the ills of our country, Nigeria.
You don't need to get personal with me when you have countless millionaires on your street who can show you the success path. I am not special since over 50 million Nigerians can be considered multi millionaires. They are everywhere, talk to that man with over 10 houses and countless businesses in your hood

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by sKeetz(m): 2:42am On Dec 18, 2017
timesup234:
You don't need to get personal with me when you have countless millionaires on your street who can show you the success path. I am not special since over 50 million Nigerians can be considered multi millionaires. They are everywhere, talk to that man with over 10 houses and countless businesses in your hood

You are a demented soul. How can 50 million Nigerians be multi millionaires when 61% of the population is living in abject poverty. Where do you get your figures from? grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by sKeetz(m): 2:44am On Dec 18, 2017
A supposed business man is still awake trolling on nairaland by 2:44 am Nigerian time.

Timesup234, are you a yahoo boy or are you on a night shift at your duty post? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 2:52am On Dec 18, 2017
sKeetz:

You are a demented soul. How can 50 million Nigerians be multi millionaires when 61% of the population is living in abject poverty. Where do you get your figures from? grin grin
Bro, ignore that modafucker, I won't be surprised that guy is one church rat in one shanty house spewing bullshitss on Nairaland lol
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by wonlasewonimi: 2:53am On Dec 18, 2017
sKeetz:

He also said America is battling hunger or something along those lines... A country well known for obesity.

You need to stop feeding the troll, he may be posting this from a psychiatric hospital.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 2:54am On Dec 18, 2017
sKeetz:
A supposed business man is still awake trolling on nairaland by 2:44 am Nigerian time.

Timesup234, are you a yahoo boy or are you on a night shift at your duty post? cheesy
Yes I am a yahoo boy and want to be like my wiring wire boys in yankee since those are the only ones making it out there. You don't even know my location, keep filling your head with lies and assumptions

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 2:55am On Dec 18, 2017
wonlasewonimi:

He also said America is battling hunger or something along those lines... A country well known for obesity.

You need to stop feeding the troll, he may be posting this from a psychiatric hospital.

grin grin
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 2:59am On Dec 18, 2017
sKeetz:

And 20% of 200 million (We are even more than that) people is? Right there in your street you can count over 50 people with total asset and net worth of over 15 million naira. In the street where I live everyone is a multi millionaire and can't even be considered a highbrow area
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 3:01am On Dec 18, 2017
PaulSimon2020:
Bro, ignore that modafucker, I won't be surprised that guy is one church rat in one shanty house spewing bullshitss on Nairaland lol
Stop looking down on people, that's the trait that lead to the failure of every single Nigerian living in America. And that's why people in Nigeria can afford to buy all of you along with your pet and give Obama some change
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Bossman(m): 4:15am On Dec 18, 2017
You are spot on! A long time software developer here. So I can attest to what you are saying. Pretty much all I know are professionals, all working in corporate America. And we've all been for a very long time. I have been part of an investment club (mutual funds, stocks, etc) for 17 years. All 14 members are Nigerians /friends, all college educated and working in corporate America. I take the train into the city for work, and I run into countless Nigerians in the process, all doing the same thing.
One of the guys in my investment club, his daughter was an intern recruiter at the IT vendor that I worked for about 2 years ago. And her boyfriend was studying software development in college. Google had a job fair here in Chicago, she applied and got snatched up as a corporate recruiter. They moved her out there to California, etc. Her boyfriend also just recently moved out there to join her...he joined a company up there as a software developer. Stories such as these are regular for me

So when I see the very incorrect info that's being posted here, I just shake my head. Honestly, there is no point responding.
wonlasewonimi:

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (71)

Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja / Any Nairalander In Abidjan? / 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.